Today's snapshot mainly focuses on fixes, which is a good sign! Bugs squashed are bugs no more. Here is what to expect!
- Nearby chunks were rendered on main thread, will now only be rendered in main thread if it's "player placed"
Adjusted hitboxes and eye heights of some mobs/entities
Fixed some bugs
- Fixed 3 reasons loaded entities disappearing upon death
- Fixed Acacia Leaves and Black Oak Leaves pick block errors
- Fixed items being lost when shift clicking in full chest / brewing stand / enchantment table
- Fixed trapdoor placement
- Fixed some shield patterns being offset by 1 pixel
- Fixed dismounting entities not working to the South, South east, and South west and being offset in negative quadrants
- Fixed dismounting location being inconsistent: Entities will dismount on the right side relative to the motion of the vehicle, if the right side is unavailable, the other locations will be chosen in this order: Right, Left, Back Right, Back Left, Front Right, Front Left, Back, Front
- Fixed input lag from mouse and WASD controls
To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/15w39b/minecraft_server.15w39b.jar
Report bugs here: Minecraft issue tracker!