Today's snapshot focuses a bit more on mob combat than player combat! As seen above, skeletal riders are now a thing, and they are terrifying! As if it wasn't bad enough that skeletons use aimbots, now they can chase you on horseback too!
Thanks to redstonehelper for help on this list!
Further improvements to general mob AI
- Skeletons now move randomly when shooting
- Skeletons now move away from melee attacks
Made all pet (ocelot & wolves) deaths be announced to their owners, not just named ones
- Not items or animation related
- Skeleton horses now spawn with thunder and lightning. When hit by lightning, they turn into three armored skeletons riding skeleton horses
Fixed some bugs
- Fixed players and mobs falling through extending/retracting pistons
- Fixed some hitboxes being broken
- Fixed some block collision box issues (mobs glitching through blocks and more)
- Fixed hoppers splitting items into "Minecart with chest"s next to each other
- Fixed a crash: IndexOutOfBoundsException on Tesselating block in world
- Fixed villagers not picking up Beet Roots or Beet Root Seeds
- Fixed beetroot farming being non-sustainable
- Fixed monsters seeing players through walls
- Fixed retracting blocks not moving entities correctly
- Fixed a crash when going outside height limit or into the void with F3
- Fixed shift-clicking combined shields+banners duplicating banners
- Fixed a crash when crafting an empty shield with a banner
- Fixed pistons not moving unextended pistons
- Fixed pistons being able to move obsidian
- Fixed vines being unplacable
- Fixed unconditional impulse command blocks interacting unexpectedly with conditionMet
- Fixed joining a multiplayer game within render distance of another player causing "invisibility"
- Fixed minecarts accepting items from hoppers 2 blocks above
- Fixed a crash: java.lang.NullPointerException: Rendering screen
- Fixed banner items in chests becoming invisible after 6-7 chests full
- Fixed banners not rendering if there's too many
- Fixed large mushrooms not generating correctly in mushroom biomes
To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/15w38a/minecraft_server.15w38a.jar
Report bugs here: Minecraft issue tracker! If no one reports any bugs, they will never be fixed. That would be a sad day, indeed!