1.8.5 is live! (That just rolls right off the tongue, doesn't it?) This update was primarily to address a few security issues, as well as a small handful of bugs. No features yet, sorry! Per usual, you can get the update right in your launcher, and 1.8.5 should remain compatible with 1.8 servers.
So, what exactly did this patch fix?
- [Bug MC-79632] – Phantom Custom Player in Scoreboard / UUIDs of non-player entities on scoreboards truncated after relog
- [Bug MC-75630] – Exploit with signs and command blocks
- [Bug MC-80478] – Better server validation for movement packets
- [Bug MC-80479] – Invalid beacon effects are not validated
- [Bug MC-80480] – Certain attribute values are not bound
Remember, bugs will go forever unnoticed and unfixed if they are not reported! Be sure to report bugs at the official Minecraft bug tracker, so they can be squashed forever!