Finally, after many weeks of development and seven pre-releases, Minecraft 1.8.2 is ready for release! It is now available in the Minecraft launcher, and the server can be downloaded from the Minecraft website download page.
Only minor changes were made since pre-release 7, which has been available since Monday. Version 1.8.2 is also fully compatible with all previous server versions (1.8 and 1.8.1), but it is recommended to update to 1.8.2 as soon as possible, to benefit from all bug fixes and improvements Mojang has made in the game.
Report bugs here: Minecraft issue tracker!
- NEW THINGS:
- New statistics
- Cake Slices Eaten
- Cauldrons Filled
- Water Taken from Cauldron
- Armor Pieces Cleaned
- Banners Cleaned
- Interactions with Brewing Stand
- Interactions with Beacon
- Droppers Searched
- Hoppers Searched
- Dispensers Searched
- Noteblocks played
- Noteblocks tuned
- Plants potted
- Trapped Chests Triggered
- Ender Chests Opened
- Items Enchanted
- Records Played
- Interactions with Furnace
- Interactions with Crafting Table
- Chests Opened
- New frame time graph in debug screen
- Activated by pressing Alt+F3 to display frame time bar chart in lower left of screen
- CHANGES TO EXISTING THINGS:
- Spectator Mode
- Mobs no longer follow/attack you in spectator mode
- Reverted explosion physic changes to those before the 14w31a snapshot.
- Explosion force is no longer directionally biased
- Oak and Dark oak branches no longer replace blocks
- Now ignore bedrock above them when determining a clear view to the sky.
- Ocelots now spawn at or above sea level, rather than at Y=63.
- Squids now spawn below sea level, rather than at Y=63.
- Crafting one now removes all enchantments from the original fishing rod.
A rather massive list of bugfixes!