The pre-release is relatively light, and mostly focused on Realms-specific content. However, the snapshot is loaded to the gills with goodies,
1.7.10 PRE-RELEASE (ALPHA 4)
- This pre-release allows you to finally upload your own worlds to Realms, and adds an option to allow you to enable command-blocks on your own Realm. It also fixes some possible future-compatibility issues we discovered.
Hey, look, a snapshot! It has lots of cool new stuff. I’m not going to tell you what they are. Not even about the new sponge texture or the new hostile mob. Nope. Nuhuh. Won’t get any new information about the new underwater stuff from me! I will, however, tell you that this snapshot contains a few months worth of rewrites to some very important parts of the engine. It is very likely that this snapshot may be more unstable than usual, slower than usual, slightly more sentient than usual or just generally unusual. Please help us to fix all these issues by reporting anything you find to the bug tracker!
- Added a new hostile mob.
- Introduced Sponges to survival, with new behaviour and looks.
- Added new scoreboard operations: "=", "<" and ">" - assign, min, max.
- Badgers were removed from the game.
- Rewrote how items are rendered.
- Rewrote how blocks are rendered.
- Rewrote how block data is handled.
- Rewrote history. Toby isn’t real.
To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
CROSS-PLATFORM SERVER JAR
Minecraft issue tracker