This weeks snapshot brings many bugfixes, a little polishing and possibly even some hugs. Check here for hug updates!
- Caves now generate in deserts & mesas.
- Added new /title command for ingame adventure-map chaptering.
- Made tab-list more consistent and a little prettier when using health display objective.
- Adjusting fly speed of spectator mode now works vertically too.
- If you’re stuck outside the world border, you can now walk freely to go back inside.
- Bunch of bugs fixed!
- Removed the 4th dimension from blocks. Incidentally, this may or may not coincide with the aforementioned unnatural spawning.
- [Bug MC-8881] – Mobs treat any layered snow as non-solid
- [Bug MC-26203] – Scoreboard: player does not appear in sidebar after setting initial score to zero
- [Bug MC-44331] – Interacting with invalid villagers crashes the game
- [Bug MC-45303] – Surface dungeons generating without spawner, chests, and most of floor
- [Bug MC-46765] – Leaves, Block of Redstone, TNT and Glowstone cause suffocation damage
- [Bug MC-47052] – Wither destroying barrier block
- [Bug MC-48442] – Mob Dungeon spawning without floor / with broken chests / overwritten spawner
- [Bug MC-49577] – Slime spawning
- [Bug MC-50275] – Leads dont show knot on fence posts and cannot be right clicked
- [Bug MC-50323] – Chest not openable with item frame on, standing too close
- [Bug MC-50821] – Cats and dogs teleporting into leaves and rails, causing them to suffocate
- [Bug MC-50852] – "/scoreboard players reset * objective" clears sidebar for other scoreboard objectives
- [Bug MC-51776] – 32000 Command block character limit only works as a 16000 character limit within Minecraft
- [Bug MC-52881] – Knockback distance incorrect, depends on login order
- [Bug MC-53380] – Staying outside border makes you unable to move at all
- [Bug MC-53469] – Sliders have incorrect values causing world to never be created (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: n must be positive)
- [Bug MC-54164] – footstep, hugeexplosion and largeexplode particles don't appear
- [Bug MC-54381] – /scoreboard players operation – Doesn't work on a player that's not on a scoreboard, but also does work
- And many more that weren’t on the bug tracker! Did we mention you should report bugs to the bug tracker?
To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
CROSS-PLATFORM SERVER JAR:
REPORT BUGS HERE:
Or, more likely, it's just the random joke that snapshot descriptions usually end with.
More electricity and magnetism confirmed.
It's just Sacheverell making up dumb article titles to see who is paying attention.
It allows you to put text on your screen. SeargeDP also made a use for /title: as holographic text.
/title <player> title|subtitle <raw json title> OR /title <player> times <fadeIn> <stay> <fadeOut>
It has many possibilities! Use it in the snapshot.
Also, does "removed the 4th dimension" mean my sheep are going to stop shoving each other through walls, or that paintings and framed items are going to stop ricocheting all the hell over the place when I knock them off the wall, or what?
Because that's just what Minecraft needs: more caves. *groan* That was one of the nice things about mesas--no ugly gaping holes pockmarking an otherwise lovely landscape. Thank the cosmos for landscaping tools.
Yes! Thank you! Somebody gets it at last.
Wonderfully done, Mojang team.
Is that a typo or is that just a joke?
Wow I did not know no one really got the "Removed 4th dimension" thing. Reasoning got me to it because it could not be time other wise there could be no minecraft. It could not be the 4th spacial dimension because vanilla minecraft does not have theoretical physics/geometry. Thus it could only mean block data.
"Snapshot 14w20b ready for tesla!"
Do you even read the comments? I already said that. On this page, too.