- Registered Member
Member for 1 year, 10 months, and 5 days
Last active Fri, Sep, 27 2019 14:38:08
- 0 Followers
- 6 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Aug 17, 2019Posted in: MCPS3: Discussion
I am not sure if this is a bug or just my problem, so I thought I would discuss it here. It doesn't appear to be reported since I looked for it on the bug tracker. On my PS3 Minecraft has been beginning to freeze and lag a lot. I don't think it always did this, but just recently.
For example in survival mode:
- if I add a second controller and they join the game and sign into PSN, if I do it too quickly the game might freeze.
- The game will stutter for a second sometimes and look like it froze, but then it unfreezes.
- When I break blocks in survival, it takes a second occasionally for the hitbox (?) to disappear after the block is broken
- (I can't walk forward into that space until it disappears)
- The framerate also dips badly occasionally in survival mode with two players.
- Wait by C418 never plays in the jukebox.
- Water blocks seem to duplicate sometimes, but not lava. Basically, a single water block can fill a bucket but remain "placed down" in the world.
The overworld ambient music doesn't play in local 2 player survival.
Rarely it does, but it could also be fixed by playing and stopping a jukebox with a music disc. The strange thing is that survival mode music does work on other users of my PS3 with 2 players. Also, nether music works.
Another strange thing that happened only once is there was a spider that was frozen in place and was invincible. It didn't attack or look at me. However, other monsters around us still interacted and attacked me, and I was able to attack them too. It looked almost like lag from an online server, but it is my own survival world.
In creative mode, I didn't really notice any crazy glitches except for one time TNT blew up the grass in a superflat world. When I tried to place obsidian to patch up the hole, it kept on being replaced by grass blocks. Once I got my camera, the grass blocks that replaced the obsidian remained but the glitch no longer happened. At the same time, pressure plates that had been blown up would reappear when I walked on them. Here is a link to a video, its a little loud so turn down ur volume
This final glitch has been happening for a long time.
- The doors and pressure plates in the minigames lobby occasionally get replaced by water and bedrock, but if it is a pressure plate, I believe you can walk through the glitched blocks onto the pressure plate and reset the glitched blocks back into a pressure plate. Doors don't work, though, unless they are activated by a switch.
I would be really grateful if anybody here could confirm that this is not supposed to be happening. I hope my PS3 isn't dying! I think the only other game we would play, LittleBigPlanet 2, froze 2 times and it never did before, but there was no lag. Also I saw some weird graphical glitches for a second when we turn off the PS3 sometimes. A second before the signal to the TV from the PS3 cuts off, there is a flash that looks a little like a VHS glitch.
- To post a comment, please login.