The minecraft system needs an overhauled or new fishing system. It's too bland as is and I'm catching puffer fish in 6x7x8 ponds in the middle of the forest.
I'm thinking we should add more fish species, such as; Sunfish(Bluegill, Pumpkinseed, Hybrid, Warmouth.), Crappie, Large/Small mouth Bass, Northern Pike, Catfish, Dogfish/Bowfin, Trout, American Freshwater Eel etc.
Saltwater fish could be; Tarpon, Tuna, Grouper, Crab, Eel, Moonfish
We need the ability to catch bait to fish. We need Wooden-Emerald Fishing Rods with varying durability, we need boats we can fish from for fun in the middle of a lake or ocean.
Fish would vary from Biome to Biome, say; Lagoons/Lakes would contain every freshwater species, while Rivers would only hold Crappie, Bass, Pike, Catfish, Carp, Muskies etc. A swamp could hold Warmouths and a ton of bluegill and crappie with varying bass.
* Most common fish will be Sunfish/Panfish
* Bass will have a fairly average catch rate
* Catfish are rare
* Muskies are very rare
* Carp are fairly high in catch rate if equipped with wheat/corn/bread as bait.
*Most common fish will be Warmouths, Pumpkin Seeds, and Bluegills.
*High bass catch rate
*Low Pike catch rate
*Medium catch rate for Catfish
*Medium Eel catch rate
*Chance to catch trash as well.
* Pumpkin Seeds
* Artificial Lure (Crafted)
* More ideas welcome.
New fishing tools;
* Wooden-Emerald Fishing rods with Emerald being most durable and Wooden being weakest.
* Net (Every 1/6 right clicks into water would yield a Bluegill or Bass.)
* Fishing Boat (Maybe crafting recipe would be a boat and a fishing rod???)
I'm an avid fisherman in real life and do no possess the skills to do this mod by myself... but this is just an idea and idea grow so, if anyone would like to undertake this project, go ahead. Also expanding back on the ideas grow part... suggest new ideas and I'll add them in.