The actual mob cap is 79 hostile mobs and 16 passive mobs, though it can go over it because of pack spawning behavior.
Yes, if you reach the mob cap with mobs in your spawner, then hostile mobs will not spawn elsewhere.
- Registered Member
Member for 12 years, 2 months, and 28 days
Last active Sun, Nov, 22 2015 15:30:48
- 0 Followers
- 901 Total Posts
- 177 Thanks
Jul 6, 2012save-off will stop the server from automatically saving.Posted in: Survival Mode
save-on will allow the server to automatically save (like regular single player).
save-all is "supposed to" save right at that instant, and is "supposed to" be able to work in conjunction with save-off, but as Rodabon said, it currently does not work as intended.
Jul 6, 2012xDMaelstrom posted a message on Would you recommend TNT for an underground base? (To make one)TNT is an excellent tool to do rough mining. For instance, this morning I just flattened a small hill, and using TNT probably saved me a few minutes of digging (I have max enchanted diamond tools, so it's not a huge deal to dig something out, but TNT is still faster).Posted in: Survival Mode
I like underground bases a lot. You have less to worry about when it comes to looks. And it doesn't need to be symmetrical to look good.
Jul 6, 2012Posted in: Survival ModeQuote from getZublade
In an ordered list, what are the first things you do when you spawn? I gather four blocks of wood, convert them all, make a crafting table and a wooden pick axe. Then I gather about 18-20 blocks of cobblestone and make a stove and all stone tools. Then I look for coal, sheep, gather more wood, and build a house if there's time left!
My strategy is very similar to yours. I cut down the entire tree though, because heck why not. I also don't build a house. I just make a small camp and go mining right away. I prefer to have the whole area mapped out before I decide where to build.
Jul 5, 2012Posted in: Survival ModeQuote from iHeartJellyBellysMMMM
That glass dome idea is awesome, I have never thought about doing that! Time to go cook some sand... lol
Have fun. That was over 3 double chests full of sand for a half sphere with a diameter of 100.
Jul 5, 2012Posted in: Survival Mode
Not nearly close to finished with mine yet. I actually just finished that glass dome two days ago. I've still got to finish the design for the doors of my base, and actually put them up, along with some supports for the dome to make it look less plain.
Jul 5, 2012Do you have any idea where you would be building this?Posted in: Survival Mode
Having some pictures of the location would be nice. Sometimes it's more fun to visualize a build based on the existing terrain, rather than terra-forming everything in sight.
Jul 2, 2012Posted in: Survival ModeQuote from SuperCreeperGirl
Nothing's perfect: everything has a flaw. My advice is to just make a world, and stay with said world. Who knows, there may be a stronghold in a cave under spawn! Also, just realize that in boring worlds, at least there's more room to build.
FYI: Strongholds can't generate within 500 blocks of your spawn point.
Jul 2, 2012I've found that if you are just trying to generate a cool world all the time, you will constantly find a problem with it and delete it.Posted in: Survival Mode
The best advice I can offer is to just create a world (and for me, that's the first world that isn't a snow biome or a tiny island) and just roll with it.
Jul 2, 2012I tend to create a "camp" more than a house. My goal is to get underground, get a good amount of iron, redstone, and maybe diamonds in order to make a map and fill it out. From that point, I determine where my base will be based on what I'm feeling at the time.Posted in: Survival Mode
Jul 2, 2012You are asking for a miracle with this. $500 is not enough to get you a decent computer for a good, stable frame rate, possibly using a texture pack, high settings, and it needs to be a LAPTOP to boot. You'd better be willing to compromise on some things, whether it's the price, screen resolution, screen size, integrated vs. non-integrated graphics card, etc.Posted in: Survival Mode
Jun 30, 2012Disadvantages:Posted in: Survival Mode
- All water that you want to stay as water (and not freeze into ice) must have a roof of some sort to cover it or have a light source within two blocks of it.
- Light on the ground can melt the snow and make it look patchy and ugly.
- Cutting down trees en masse for wood really sucks. Most of them are too tall to reach without pillaring up.
- Gather a few stacks of snowballs. You can use them to make snow golems to gather more snow later.
- In 1.3, you can harvest ice using tools that have the silk touch enchantment on them. You might want to make your own personal ice farm to harvest them.
Animal Spawns and Plants:
- All normal mobs spawn in taiga biomes.
- Wolves spawn in taiga, tundra, and forest biomes only.
- All plants can thrive in tundras, though you have to be careful about covering their water source so it doesn't freeze and kill the crop for wheat, sugar cane, melons, pumpkins, etc.
- Biomes greatly vary in size.
- You can probably reach a new biome with only a few minutes of walking.
- I recommend bringing a map (so you can find your way back home), tools (to gather resources easily), a bed (so you can sleep at night to avoid mobs) and that's it really. You can survive in any biome with no items initially (excluding desert and ocean).
Jun 25, 2012My favorite texture pack was TehDebil's HD Texture Pack: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/124001-128x-64x-32x-16x-tehdebils-hd-texture-pack-17-compatible/Posted in: Survival Mode
Too bad it's no longer updated.
I currently use Defscape by D3fin3d. Complete opposite art styles there.
- To post a comment, please login.