What is Amidst?
Amidst is a tool to display an overview of a Minecraft world, without actually creating it.
- render an overview of a world from a given seed and Minecraft version
- save an image of the map
- use a save game
- display biome information
- display slime chunks
- display end islands
- display the following structures
- world spawn
- witch huts
- pillager outposts
- jungle temples
- desert temples
- abandoned mine shafts
- ocean monuments
- ocean ruins
- buried treasures
- nether fortresses
- end cities
- display changes that were applied to a save game like
- changes made by world editors like MCEdit
- changes made while loading the world in Minecraft
- find individual blocks or mobs like
- diamond ore
Amidst has found a new home
Amidst was moved to a new location, since Skidoodle aka skiphs is too busy to maintain it. It has also found some new developers. One of them is DrFrankenstone, a.k.a. Treer, who is the developer of AmidstExporter. Skidoodle is still an owner of Amidst and agreed to move the project.
Because of the MinecraftForum ownership change in January 2019, the previous official Amidst thread was deleted; this thread aims to replace it.
- Reporting a Bug - please report bugs, so we can fix them
- Requesting a Feature
- Thread in the MinecraftForum
- Project Page
- Supporting the Development
- License Text
What is my internet connection used for?
- Amidst will use web services provided by Mojang, e.g. to
- display information about Minecraft versions.
- display information about players like the name or the skin.
- Amidst will check for updates on every start.
- Amidst will not track you with Google Analytics, which was the case in older versions.
- Amidst is not owned by or related to Mojang in any way.
- Amidst comes with absolutely no warranty.
- Amidst is free and open source software, licensed under the GPLv3.
These screenshots are created from the seed 24922 using Amidst v4.0 and Minecraft 1.9.
The End Dimension