- Registered Member
Member for 8 years, 1 month, and 2 days
Last active Wed, Feb, 18 2015 07:24:08
- 0 Followers
- 86 Total Posts
- 8 Thanks
Sep 5, 2013Hold on there cowboy, how old are you? Chill out. I understand it sounds stupid but I seriously doubt you're going to get a gun pulled on you in school. Avoid shady characters. Avoid causing conflicts with people. Honestly, you don't need to defend yourself if you avoid the conflict in the first place. Besides, the rules aren't yours to make. You follow them or there will be consequences. No one likes that, especially when they don't agree with something, but that doesn't make it okay to ignore the rules. You could always go to a faculty meeting and bring this up if you feel so strongly, or have your parents do it.Posted in: General Off Topic
Sep 5, 2013First thing's first, you need to put more detail into your post. No pics, no clicks. Most people would guess this is a virus. You have one post prior, don't expect much. Second, in adventure mode, you can't break clay. Third, that first jump from the first netherrack fence post to the second seems really difficult compared to everything else in the map. And my final piece of negativity is that there really wasn't much to the map. Don't expect an overwhelming positive response when you really didn't make a very compelling or advanced map. You took a few puzzles and gave a tired theme to bind them together.Posted in: Maps
HOWEVER, for a first attempt, this isn't bad. Something personal and dear to my own heart is that I didn't see a whole lot of grammatical errors. I didn't pay that much attention though. I'm tired. The boss fight thing was cheap. Make a map that actually has a challenge. Challenge yourself in making it, and challenge those who play it with difficulty. It took me five minutes to play this.
If I were you, I would make the map longer, make a more developed plot, explain why the hell Docter is spelt the way it is, and release an updated version. I'm following the topic and I'll check in if you do.
TL;DR - Mediocre, but it's a first attempt. A valid, valiant first attempt. Try harder and update. You already have a lot of core concepts down, you just need to make a longer map.
Sep 5, 2013Wait I don't get what you guys are talking about. Placing upside-down stairs and corner stairs works exactly the same between PC and XBox. Upside-down slabs don't yet exist in XBox. Please clarify for me.Posted in: MCX360: Suggestions
Sep 5, 2013In a sandbox game about creating whatever your heart desires, you shouldn't criticize what people do. I can be negative like you are for just about anything. "Why do you need to build big things, Hypixel/Vechs/etc I can just as easily live in a dirt cube dug into the ground!" or "Why do you have to farm animals? I can just be nomadic and gather all the materials I need!" or "Why do you set up strip mines, majority of players? I can easily just cave and find a couple of diamonds, who needs stacks of them?"Posted in: Redstone Discussion and Mechanisms
See?? I can criticize anything people do that isn't absolutely necessary. Just because you don't enjoy redstone doesn't mean someone else doesn't. I'm no redstone genius. I can make a not gate and a t-flip flop and that's about it. I'm not good at all. However, what separates you and I is the fact that I recognize that people enjoy different parts of a game with so many layers of playability and complexity.
TL;DR - Just read what I said. If you're too busy to be bothered to do that, go to bed. I'm tired.
Sep 5, 2013You could mod. Try them. Try packs. Try making your own pack (eventually). You need to figure out what you like. Don't just mod because you think everyone else is. I play vanilla. That's all. Look at some of the maps Hypixel has made, in vanilla (http://hypixel.net/forums/official-hypixel-maps.17/). I've tried a whole bunch of mods. I love the Aether. I like Minefantasy and Thaumcraft. I don't like FTB and tech mods. But that's me. I believe all of those mods are great pieces of work and should be appreciated, however, I don't have to play them because I don't enjoy them. Try mods. The game does have lots of modding capability, but the game is being developed according to what the devs and the majority of the community want. I doubt even hardcore FTB fans want to see all of those mods in vanilla. Mods have a point: they are optional. Just try some, and see what you like.Posted in: Discussion
TL;DR - Do what you want.
Sep 4, 2013Posted in: SuggestionsQuote from nightworld115
And horses are like pigs and cows combined. No Support.
I disagree. Horses aren't meat. Besides, farming horses just for leather would be inefficient, since you have to use golden apples or golden carrots.
Sep 4, 2013what if u didn't type like ------------this-----------Posted in: Suggestions
But seriously, I don't get it. It seems like you want a leather mob but we have cows. Pigs are for riding. Cows are for meat and leather. If you make another leather-farm mob, you would eliminate the need for cows. They really have no other purpose from what you've said. Just go get Mo' Creatures.
Sep 2, 2013I don't really like fangirling for anything, because it perpetuates arguments that have no reason to be there, but this thread is just the hating being perpetuated. You're feeding into the hype by hating it. This thread is spam, sorry to say.Posted in: Discussion
Aug 27, 2013I can contribute two nuggets of thought. The first: could you try to use other mobs/items and a resource pack and anvil and MCEdit to just sort of make these things? There's a lot of crazy stuff you can do, but I'm sure you've heard of Sethbling. Second: find one of those "modders for hire" sort of people that can't do ideas but can code. I'm not one, sadly, but there a million (not literally) on here. It seems like you just need items and mobs and that shouldn't be that bad to do, but it would still take a long time. The list is huge for one and the models and textures would be a whole other monster. Honestly, have you considered taking up coding? There are lots of Forge tutorials out there, plus that makes your mod so much more compatible with anything already implementing some of these features or others you want to see. Sorry for the long post.Posted in: Requests / Ideas For Mods
Aug 23, 2013Everyone will have a different opinion about anything. Some people indiscriminately hate something just because the majority loves it. Honestly, before all the news surfaced about Justin Beiber (don't care if I misspelled his last name) being a total douche, most people - including myself - hated him just because the majority loved him. Granted, there are plenty of people who love him and have reasons, and there are plenty who hate him and have reasons. However, the vast majority of either camp doesn't care and simply forms an opinion in conformity or opposition. Essentially: we love and often don't provide reason. Haters don't back up their reasons. We love indiscriminately, so the opposition hates indiscriminately. Human psychology at its best.Posted in: Discussion
Jul 28, 2013Just do what you've been doing on Xbox. A lot of what makes PC playing of Minecraft different is more advanced features and modability. I would need more specific issues I guess lol. If you are having any trouble with crafting recipes, just head over to the wiki. If you haven't already, you'll fall in love with the wealth of information on that site.Posted in: Discussion
Jul 12, 2013Well, I guess it's my turn to put in my two cents. Alright, first off, a discretionary warning to those thinking of posting: if you do not agree with the OP, then turn around and leave. Most of the people posting here are just droning mindless babble about how "JEB IS TEH FAILZ WE NNEED noTcH NO MOAR H3ROBR1N3!!!!1!11!". They are neither paying attention, doing research, nor thinking logically in any way. Just leave. This thread is just an attempt to gather hate-spewers and whine about features that people do not agree with wholeheartedly. This isn't any sort of logical argument, it is a den of idiocy.*Posted in: Future Updates
*Sorry to the few who are actually trying to help and can make coherent and reasonable arguments. I love you people. The vast majority of the posters are the ones making this entire thread useless.
Now that we have gotten that out of the way, people are complaining that there is a "wrong" and "right" direction that the game is going in. Well, considering that no single one of us is coding all of the new features, I would think we all can safely assume that:
- There is no specific "direction" the game is moving. There is no one person coding or producing ideas. Most of the ideas are desires of the community. Wool builders got clay, people who want pets or named mobs for map-making got nametags, and the resource pack system will help everyone in a plethora of ways. If one single person proposed all the ideas and did all the work, AND all aforementioned ideas fit the role of one genre of game, THEN and ONLY THEN would anyone be able to say with any modicum of certainty that the game is moving in a specific direction.
- Horses, stained clay, nametags, coal blocks, and resource packs that allow changing of sounds, textures, credits, and the End Poem - what genre do all of these fit into? If you try to tell me that the game is "becoming 2 medaeval lk srsly STAHP jeb" then get out and shut your uneducated mouth. Does a block that pleases builders who use color and don't want their creations flammable make a game RPG/medieval? What about resource packs? Or coal blocks? So RPG games have storage blocks of fuel? OH RIGHT! The game we are all arguing over is a VOXEL SANDBOX GAME. Not an RPG. Not a "medieval" game. So shut your mouth and step away from the keys. Not a one of the updates are making the game move into one genre. The game has no genre until YOU start labeling it and giving it a genre.
- If you don't like an addition, why do you have to use it? You don't have to enchant. You don't have to touch horses or nametags. You don't even HAVE to update the game. Everything is optional in a sandbox world.
- "BUT URE SRSLY STUPID THAR R BUGS JEB NEEDS TO STOP ADDING CRAP AND FIX ALL THE PROBLEMS"... so the beta had no bugs? All of your "blessed favorite updates" had no bugs? I'm sure. Or you could open your blind little eyes and realize that every update has bugs. They will be fixed. Mojang cares deeply for it's community. That's why we got horses and stained clay. Horses are a perfect transport mob and opportunity for exploration and more loot crawling. Donkeys and mules are the perfect way to "move" from one location to another and be able to do it more quickly than walking inventory after inventory from one location to another or placing tracks and having to pick that path up afterwards. Stained clay has already been explained above.
- There is no rational way to say that the game is moving in one "wrong or right" direction.
- The game is not moving into one specific genre, so stop saying that it is. It is not. Update features are community wants from the majority.
- Features from updates are optional. Updates themselves are optional.
- Every update has bugs, not just the updates you don't like.
Jun 28, 2013Posted in: Server Support and AdministrationQuote from QuanticPotato
It's really not so different from a normal windows minecraft server. Do you have any experience with minecraft servers?
Quote from Someguyfromcrowd
This sounds almost exactly what I've done. I took a nine year old XP machine, wiped it clean, installed Debian, and slapped some server software on it.
I would first suggest setting up SSH so that you can work on your server from your main computer, which makes it a lot easier if you have the server located far away from your computer.
Do you have Skype? That would make it a lot easier to help you out. My name's the same as it is here.
I got it set up guys. I didn't need to set up SSH because the computer I'm running the server on is a room away from mine. Thank you two for the help, and thanks a lot Someguy, I really appreciate the offer to Skype I hope you two have a great time, wherever you are, because you made my day. I ended up running Ubuntu Server 12.04. Everything is going fine, and the port forwarding works perfectly. My friends can connect. Thanks again<3 I might need plugin help later, but that all seems easy compared to setting the server up. Thanks so much guys.
Jun 27, 2013I've played plenty and I just set up one on my Windows 7 machine - my personal computer - today. I got everything running fine and got two friends to join. I learned how to forward ports and set everything up fine. So yes, I have some experience. I just get confused with Linux because of the frequent use of the terminal. WIth Windows, I only had to use the command box a few times. Also, I see on the Ubuntu website that there is a server version of the OS. Would that be better to use than the standard Ubuntu? Or would a different distribution be better? Also, do you think the processor and RAM with the older machine could handle a four-player server fine? Thank you for the help.Posted in: Server Support and Administration
- To post a comment, please login.