I'm sorry, but this probably wouldn't work, and if it did, it would be even more laggy than the original minecraft.
1. Minecraft works by having an almost random world spawn when you decide to make a new world, Source has to load the map file from your HDD, so you could only play premade "worlds", and then you get into the problem with number 2.
2. Minecraft is a fully destructible world (except for bedrock), you can destroy every single block in the game (except for the aforementioned bedrock), in source on the other hand, the environment is not destructible, so you couldn't "mine" in it.
3. Even if someone managed to get around 1 and 2 (say... the level is just the bedrock, and all the blocks are separate props), it would be much more laggy than the original minecraft. Source is only built to handle 1024 props on screen, and assuming each block is a prop (i see no other way to do it), your looking at millions of props, causing source to lag to unprecedented amounts (the reason that it only supports 1024 props is that each and every prop has physics enabled, and physics is calculated per-object),
- Registered Member
Member for 10 years, 6 months, and 24 days
Last active Fri, Jul, 10 2015 08:33:35
- 0 Followers
- 35 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Feb 26, 2011Posted in: Survival ModeQuote from Hackasaures »Am I the only one who is constantly getting this picture?
I wish people would stop using imageshack and just use imgur
Yea, i hated imageshack ever since they redesigned their site, but i have not changed yet since i didn't know what to change to. The image has now been re uploaded to imgur.
Feb 26, 2011Originally i did this for the portal 2 countdown thread at the steam forums, but i soon realised it also belongs here.Posted in: Survival Mode
The picture is the icon/logo for Portal 2, a game which releases in mid-april.
Anyway, i wanted to do something for the portal 2 video countdown thread at the portal 2 steam forums, but after seeing that people already made still alive in note blocks, i decided to do this. The hole was MCEdit'ed in, and all the wool was spawned with the toomanyitems mod. However, every single block in the icon was placed by me, in game. And since Minecraft doesn't load chunks (are they still called that since the 1.3 patch?) more than 200 blocks away, the top bit is cut off, but it is still there.
Nov 2, 2010actually, like thisPosted in: Alpha - Minecraft Halloween Update
Then demolish all the glass and replace it (quickly, before the lava flows) with water, and the lava will turn into obsidian. In the shape of a portal.
Nov 2, 2010th155 posted a message on Buxville - as seen on Notch' twitter! [new Hardware!]IGN - TH155Posted in: Alpha - SMP Servers
- Caste you're interested in most - Construction
Oct 30, 2010difficulty is permenantly set on hard. That is damage, mobs still disserpear on easy. Also, armor has no effect.Posted in: Alpha - Minecraft Halloween Update
Oct 30, 2010LOLedit crashes on load of a save when you are in hell/have an item from hell.Posted in: Alpha - Minecraft Halloween Update
Oct 30, 2010Gah! I woke up 8 min late!Posted in: Alpha - Minecraft Halloween Update
The purple texture counts as a block, and you can't place blocks in it, and arrows stop when they hit it. I hacked my inventory for testing so i don't know what breaking one of the obsidian blocks.
Portals in the same chunk in "the nether" don't work, only one can be litten as a time.
If there are two portals in the same chunk in earth, both lead to the same portal in the nether, and the nether portal links to the last built.
If you attack one zombie pigman, they all come together and kill you.
Also, apparently item drops on death don't work any more.
Oct 30, 2010Are you on XP or Vista/7Posted in: Legacy Support
Open up C:\Documents and Settings\YourNameHere\ApplicationData\Roaming\.minecraft and then delete the entire folder named "bin", then restart the game. It should work.
Open up C:\Users\YourNameHere\App\Data\Roaming\.minecraft and then delete the entire folder named "bin", then restart the game. It should work.
Oct 30, 2010 Posted in: Alpha - Minecraft Halloween Update
Oct 30, 2010Before i brought and played minecraft alpha: 0 BSOD's in the last ∞ weeks (or since i brought this computer)Posted in: Legacy Support
After i bought and played minecraft alpha: 10 BSOD's in the last week, 4 of those happening today.
No other changes to hardware or software.
yea, somethings wrong with minecraft...
Also, it doesn't happen when minecraft is not open.
EDIT: might as well post my computer specs:
Windows 7 ultimate 64x
quad core 3.33 ghz
8gb DDR3 1333mhz ram
MSI model of Nvidia 240GT
Brought last year at Christmas. Because i had the money to spare.
Oct 30, 2010i want to be a tester.Posted in: Alpha - Minecraft Halloween Update
Things i want to test:
Slip-gates in Slip-gates
Killing a ghast with a bow & arrow
minecarts and such and portals (already know the answer is no)
If a ghasts fireball can blow up obsidian
What happens if a ghast comes in contact with water?
Slip gates in close proximitary
Compass and Slip
And some other stuff.
Oct 29, 2010th155 posted a message on Buxville - as seen on Notch' twitter! [new Hardware!]-IGN: Th155Posted in: Alpha - SMP Servers
-Profession: City Constructor
-Buxville or the Wild, or Both? Both
- To post a comment, please login.