thank you for continuing to update the mod, it's one of my favorites.
I am hosting a server for me and my nephew running a custom modpack and I'm running into some rendering issues. I think I've tracked it down to when adding milk to the standard backpack tank (possibly other things).
In multiplayer run on a dedicated server(singleplayer appears to work perfect), after using the hose or a bucket (buckets sometimes get eaten) to fill a tank with milk there will be significant render issues
the effect when wearing is:
- water doesn't render in world
- the toolbar is darkened
- techguns chemical laboritory (highly dynamic /w tanks and moving parts) renders the clear glass tank effect above the machine
- the tanks and tools on the backpack render above and to the right of the player
- atleast the adventure backpacks items in NEI render as if on fire
- NEI is not offset like it is when just holding and viewing a backpack
- drinking from the hose does not work for water or milk
when simply viewing the backpack:
- the NEI gui renders as if it's top and left sides are lined up with the backpack gui
- setting in the config to have the tank overlay not render on the hud will stop some of the issues in world
- before messing around with milk I also noticed that when putting items into the backpack the item counts would not update unless the backpack was closed and opened
- Singleplayer appears to work correctly allowing the picking up, rendering in overlay, and drinking of milk and other liquids.
- there have been crashes, most notably when I switch the tank render type to 1 or 2 and try viewing a backpack, but overall it hasn't crashed it just renders wrong and breaks some of the mods mechanics.
I am running:
- codechickencore 18.104.22.168
- adventurebackpacks 0.9g beta 1
- forge 10.13.4.1614
I will try a new server with just adventure backpacks to see if it isn't another mod and post my findings
any help would be appreciated, let me know if you need more info.
I created a basic server with adventure backpacks and codechickencore and the mod worked perfectly which would mean it's a mod conflict, I'm going to try getting the mod to work by process of elimination and see which mod is conflicting.
I copied all my mods and configs to the new server and it worked flawless, could not get it to fail. I then shutdown and copied the contents of the level save folder including the level.dat and all other folders and files in there (but I didn't copy over the usercache/usernamecache so it was a new player save), loaded it up and it failed. I went into creative and started breaking everything that I could think of that does any unique rendering to no avail. I tried a bunch of other liquids and it looks like it's only milk. I'm thinking the level is corrupt somehow since the player was brand new, it might have to do with having the older 0.8b version of adventure packs installed and then updating.
Please report all issues on the Github so we can track all issues nicely thanks