Still no Update? Read this
Still no Update?
Wit BuddyCam you can see your Friends View in Multiplayer, if he/she allows it. You can even observe your Pets in Single- & Multiplayer (as of 1.5.1d). You can fully customize the position and size of the buddycam-screen and the renderquality.The only limitation to the number of screens is the power of your Computer. (Tested with 3 screens.)
Pictures & Videos
----- Image-Hoster down. Have to re-upload Image -----
(The Minimap is from Rei's-Minimap: here)
1. Install Minecraft
2. Install Forge(from here) (Modloader no longer supported)
3. Put the "buddycam-x.y.z.zip" in the "mods"-Folder
4. Start Minecraft
5. Press P (Menu) & Enjoy
...or look at a Mob/Player and press O for creating a Cam
If you want to watch "PlayerX" you need to have my mod ("PlayerX" doesn't have to). After Installation start Minecraft and join the same server like "PlayerX" and create a Screen for "PlayerX". He will have to write you "!bca" to allow you view his View. As soon as you are in the same area as "PlayerX" the screen will appear...
Look at a Mob or Player and Press O to quickly create a Cam
Mainly: No server-mods needed.
But there are still some requirements:
- The viewing player needs the mod, of course. (The viewed player doesn't need it necessarily.)
- Both players should be max 140 blocks away from each other. (If not it just doesn't display the view.)
mod_buddycam-1.4.6_1.4.7_e.zip (64.kb) (ad-free-link)
buddycam-1.6.1_a.zip (74kb) (ad-free-link)
mod_buddycam-1.5.2_b.zip was never officially released
mod_buddycam-1.5.2.zip (65kb) (ad-free-link) (Crash on Block-Break reported!)
mod_buddycam-1.5.1_e.zip (61kb) (ad-free-link) (With beta-Version of Pet-Cam)
mod_buddycam-1.5.1_d.zip (60kb) (ad-free-link) (Bug: Do not Press O while not looking at a mob!)
mod_buddycam-1.5.1_c.zip (51kb) (ad-free-link)
mod_buddycam-1.5.1_b.zip was never officially released
mod_buddycam-1.5.1.zip (51kb) (ad-free-link)
mod_buddycam-1.5b.zip (51kb) (ad-free-link)
mod_buddycam-1.5.zip (51kb) (ad-free-link)
mod_buddycam-1.4.6_1.4.7_d.zip (51kb) (ad-free-link)
mod_buddycam-1.4.6_1.4.7_c.zip (51kb) (ad-free-link)
mod_buddycam-1.4.6_1.4.7_b.zip (51kb) (ad-free-link)
mod_buddycam-1.4.4.zip (17kb) (ad-free-link) Works also with 1.4.5 (use this Config-Generator)
mod_buddycam-1.4.2.zip (16kb) (ad-free-link) (use this Config-Generator)
mod_buddycam-1.3.2.zip (16kb) (ad-free-link) (use this Config-Generator)
mod_buddycam-1.2.5_c.zip (13kb) (Removed due to exploitable accept-check.)
mod_buddycam-1.2.5_b.zip (11kb) (ad-free-link)
mod_buddycam-1.2.5.zip (11kb) (ad-free-link)
mod_buddycam-1.2.3.zip (11kb) (ad-free-link)
Q: Does my friend have to install BuddyCam, too?
A: No. If they don't want to see your screen they don't have to.
Q: Why does it just work for distances less than 140 Blocks?
A: Because it doesn't need any Server-Mods and the Server doesn't send the required information when further away.
Q: Is there a way to enable greater distances?
A: If you have a server-mod which sends the player-entity and the chunks of the viewed player to the viewing player, then perhaps...
Q: Would you make such a server-mod?
A: Perhaps... (It's planned but i can't tell you how long I need to make it.)
2013/07/21 (1.6) (no change to functionality):
- Updated to 1.6 (Oh ! How do I load textures now?)
- Switched to Forge (which resulted in a lot of changes)
- Moved source to own package
- Some restructuration...
- Copied all code From 1.5.2 c (Except Update-Check):
- Added Pet-Cam
- Crash-Catching & Error-Reports
- PlayerNick-Colors & TabbyChat Support
- a lot of Bugfixes
- PlayerNick-Colors Support
- Tabbychat support (broken in again in 1.6.2 a)
- Fixed Crash on Block-Break
- Fixed Wrong Colors in Screen
- more Bugfixes
- Crash-Catching with Error-Reports & Update-Check (disableable)
- Fixed not loading Chunks if far away from Entity (with shorter Renderdistance)
- Better PetCam Position ... Tested with all Vanilla Mobs (excl. Enderdragon)
- Updated to 1.5.2 ...
- Fixed Nullpointer Exception when opening "Add PetCam"-Screen while not looking at a mob...
- Better behaviour when Mob-Entity gets unloaded...
- Small changes to Gui & less frequent config-rewrite
2013/04/25 (1.4.6/1.4.7/1.5.1): Fixed compatibility-issue with TwitchTV-IRC-Mod
- (1.5.1 only) Updated to 1.5.1
- Fixed a Bug (NullPointerException) (Thanks zxmme_zimme for reporting)
- Fixed spelling errors (Thanks zxmme_zimme for reporting)
- Fixed "game activity during mod construction"-Error (Thanks thefang12 for reporting)
- (1.5/1.5.1) Fixed error in mcmod.info (for Forge)
- Made a GUI
- Improved Accept-Recognition-System (Removed Template-System)
- Made it possible to disable automatic asking for Permission to view Other's View (for Spam-Protected Servers)
- Fixed White-Sky-Bug
- Windows-Compatible Line-Breaks in Config
2012/11/17 (1.4.4): Updated to 1.4.4
2012/10/29 (1.4.2): Updated to 1.4.2, added support for multiple screen-border-textures (atm only 2)
2012/08/19 (1.3.2): Updated to 1.3.2, added auto-accept-list, fixed Bug while holding enchanted items (thx Peerko for idea & bugreport), fixed some smal bugs and cleaned the code.
2012/07/17 (1.2.5): Added Keybindings and a template-system for the tell-command (thx Peerko for idea)
2012/07/11 (1.2.5): Added tell-template "From Player: text"
2012/04/06 (1.2.5): Updated to 1.2.52012/03/29 (1.2.3): First public version
Most Important ones:
- Server-mod (bukkit?) for greater distances
- Auto-Allow if OP (only possible with servermod?)
- Transparency to Screen
- Auto-Complete Usernames or Choosing from List
- and more
Most Important ones: (All not tested with current Version)
- Graphic-bugs... (shouldn't be as severe as before 1.4.6/1.4.7)
- Invisible, unusable Entities (Arrows, Minecarts, ...) with some Mods? (Thanks xShadowboyx)
- Incompatible with Shadow-Mod
- Tabby-Chat is incompatible (1.6)
Licence & Credits
The Idea is from me. The code is mostly my own. Some lines are from an Open-GL-Tutorial.A lot of tips from ThVortex from the #mcp-moding Channel on the IRC-Server irc.esper.net helped me creating the main-function. (Thanks again a lot!) Please don't use (decompiled) source (or parts of it) without my permission.
Feel free to use this mod in your mod-pack and/or youtube-video, but please link to this Thread. (For Modpacks: The Link which should appear in the modlist in the forge-menu is enough but an additional link on the modpack-page would be nice...)
A message in this Thread would be nice but not necessary.