In my testing, for 1.2.5 I used ModLoader for 1.2.4 and my mod, both of which worked perfectly. If any bugs are found, they will be addressed when 1.2.5 ModLoader comes out.
- Post Bugs you find, here
- If you crash, drop an error report here! please use the spoiler tags for this, please. [%spoiler][%/spoiler] (without the % signs)
- Post any suggestions and comments here for me to look at!
I made this in response to a request posted on this topic on Reddit.
- Apple Bushes generate in the world! Spawn rate configurable.
- Apple Bushes that grant you apples when you right click on them, with nothing in your hand.
- They will, overtime, regrow more apples!
- They no longer produce any apples unless sufficiently lit.
- Breaking a harvested apple bush will give you a bush with no fruit on it, place it down and let it regrow!
This is the crafting recipe, it works with any sapling.
Here you can see the Apple Bushes on the left, and the harvested Apple Bushes on the right. When you right click on the Apple Bush it will drop an apple for you, and will be on "cooldown," at which point it will no longer drop any apples. It will eventually regenerate and you will be able to take another apple from it.
Here is an awesome review, and my favorite, by Phobi_Bus.
Quick showcase of v1.0 of this mod! Thanks to Smaste for taking the time to do this!
Minecraft 1.2.4/1.2.5: (yes use the 1.2.4 for 1.2.5, for now.)
Minecraft 1.1: I'm not going to be upkeeping for 1.1.
Using the Config File
File location: .minecraft/config/AppleBush.cfg
Changeable Values: e_applebushfullID, e_applebushdepletedID, e_recipes, e_rarity
- Changing Block IDs: if you locate within the file the e_applebushfullID and e_applebushdepletedID you can change the number after each one to correspond to what you would like the new block ids to be.
- Toggling the Recipes: Once you get one bush, I found it pretty easy to quickly accumulate so many that it was just too easy and overpowered. So with v2.0 I decided to disable the recipes. If you liked being able to have infinite apples though, and wish to have the recipes too you can! Just go in and find the e_recipe and replace the '0' with '1' This will re-enable the recipes, and you can make them to your heart's content!
- Altering the Rarity of the Bush in the World: This helps youcustomize your experience with my mod even more; if you change the e_rarity value it will adjust the spawn rate of the bush in world generation. The lower the number, the rare it is; inversely, the higher the number, the more you'll see. A number like 600 will fill your world with my creation, but a number like 10 (default) will see to it that you don't stumble across one every couple of blocks.
Possible values for IDs: 125-225
Possible values for e_recipe: 0 (recipes disabled), 1 (recipes enabled)
Possible values for e_rarity: 1-600 is realistic, with 600 being an awful, awful lot.
- Install Risugami's ModLoader as per his instructions.
- Run Minecraft.
- Place the .zip folder into the /mods folder that is located within ".minecraft" folder.
- Run the game!
- Satisfy everyone!
- Added config file for changing spawn rate, recipe toggling, and modifying block IDs
- Bushes now generate in the world!
- Modified the way the bushes work internally, more streamlined now.
- Added texture
- Must right click with an empty hand to harvest
- Added a sapling drop for the harvest Apple Bushes
- Will not regrow their fruit underground, must be able to see the sky.
- Will not regrow their fruit in the dark.
Thanks to x2Robbie2x for his awesome tutorials, if you're looking to get into coding some mods for Minecraft, check him out. He walks you through a lot more, and better, than some of the other tuts out there. So cheers to him!
Terms and Conditions, as eloquently worded by Rotten194. Thanks to him for taking hundreds of words to say what should be as simple as, "This is my ****, not your ****, don't steal it."
0. USED TERMS
MOD - modification, plugin, a piece of software that interfaces with the Minecraft client to extend, add, change or remove original capabilities.
MOJANG - Mojang AB
OWNER - , Original author(s) of the MOD. Under the copyright terms accepted when purchasing Minecraft (http://www.minecraft.net/copyright.jsp) the OWNER has full rights over their MOD despite use of MOJANG code.
USER - End user of the mod, person installing the mod.
THIS MOD IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITH NO WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE OWNER OF THIS MOD TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THE USE OF THIS MOD. THIS MOD ALTERS FUNDAMENTAL PARTS OF THE MINECRAFT GAME, PARTS OF MINECRAFT MAY NOT WORK WITH THIS MOD INSTALLED. ALL DAMAGES CAUSED FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS MOD FALL ON THE USER.
Use of this MOD to be installed, manually or automatically, is given to the USER without restriction.
This MOD may only be distributed where uploaded, mirrored, or otherwise linked to by the OWNER solely. All mirrors of this mod must have advance written permission from the OWNER. ANY attempts to make money off of this MOD (selling, selling modified versions, adfly, sharecash, etc.) are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN, and the OWNER may claim damages or take other action to rectify the situation.
4. DERIVATIVE WORKS/MODIFICATION
This mod is provided freely and may be decompiled and modified for private use, either with a decompiler or a bytecode editor. Public distribution of modified versions of this MOD require advance written permission of the OWNER and may be subject to certain terms.