- Registered Member
Member for 9 years and 1 month
Last active Tue, Nov, 25 2014 13:54:54
- 0 Followers
- 6,889 Total Posts
- 740 Thanks
Oct 16, 2011What do you think is the BEST TV show you've ever seen? And why? I'm trying to decide between two different shows, but they're both good in their own ways so I'm not sure if they're comparable.Posted in: Culture, Media & Arts
-It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. The reason being, it's the funniest show I've ever seen and it's got a type of comedy that no other show on TV has. The best I can describe it as is a much better real life version of South Park, haha.
-Avatar the Last Airbender. Yeah yeah it's a cartoon, but it is ****ing INTENSE at times and it has a really good story. I could honestly sit down and watch all the seasons and be thoroughly satisfied with all of it. I just watched it about 10 mins ago for the first time in quite a while (it was the one with the old lady and the blood bending and stuff) and even though it's a cartoon it still keeps you on the edge of your seat at times, haha.
Sep 26, 2013pwntpants posted a message on Your Music is not Superior Because it's More EmotionalThis section is notorious for doing this.Posted in: Culture, Media & Arts
"I hate rap, I'd rather listen to my indie punk alternative band because their lyrics are meaningful"
It's fine if you like that music, but don't pretend your music is somehow better because it's emotional. I personally don't really care if a song is emotional. If it sounds good, I'll enjoy it. Anything from AC/DC and Warrant all the way to Tupac and Biggie. I understand that people just plain don't have the taste for certain genres of music, for example I absolutely cannot enjoy screamo because of the singing. But to pretend your music is somehow better because it has a deep emotional meaning is ridiculous. Some people listen to music for that, other people not so much. Taste in music is subjective.
Also, somewhat related, stop with the idiotic assumptions that all rap is about hookers and money. Sure a lot is, I'll be the first to say that there are a lot of horrendously bad rap artists out there. But I'll also be the first to say, there are rappers (like Tupac) that have several songs just as "deep" if not more so than your "super emotional indie underground postcore alternative band."
Aug 19, 2013Posted in: Politics, Philosophy, News and ScienceQuote from SuperDarkMan12
The problem is it can lead to addiction of porn and will make your relationship (if you have a relationship with a person) quickly deteriorate.
Most people don't have an addiction to porn. Newsflash, just because people do it regularly doesn't mean they're "addicted." I watch porn on a regular basis. Why? Because I'm on the computer, thinking "hey, I wanna watch some good porn right now," so I do. Wanna know what happens when I'm on vacation/camping/away from my computer? I don't watch porn, and I don't really care that I can't. It's not like people who watch porn get withdrawals because they're not seeing greased up girls fight naked. Most people just plain don't care. They do it if they can, they don't do it if they can't. There's no "addiction symptoms" really.
On top of it, I call absolute BS that "watching porn ruins relationships." How could this possibly be true? "You're one of the 99.9% of men who watches porn? UGH. DISGUSTING. WE'RE THROUGH!"
Aug 19, 2013Posted in: Politics, Philosophy, News and ScienceQuote from Prince_of_Light
Psychological addictions of any kind happen to people who are unable to exercise self-control. I'm not sure how this is even a debate.
And since when is "self-control" needed in this situation? There's a problem of self-control when you're looking up "hot tight teens getting rammed" while you're on the bus to work. But if you're just sitting around at home bored and think "eh, some porn sounds nice right about now," (LIKE MOST PEOPLE DO) that's not lacking self-control.
You've got to understand, there's no reason at all to have "self-control" when it comes to masturbation. Sure, you need self-control with drinking or smoking, because you're harming yourself and without self-control you're basically dead. But watching porn? There's literally zero harm in watching porn, therefore there's no reason to control anything. So long as you're not doing it every waking second of the day (WHICH MOST PEOPLE DON'T) and so long as you're not watching it in public (WHICH MOST PEOPLE DON'T) then they have more than enough "self-control" necessary. Saying someone who watches porn in the privacy of their own home for enjoyment is "lacking self control" is absolutely ridiculous.
"You do activities that I personally think are morally questionable, therefore you lack control of yourself because you do them!"
Jul 28, 2013pwntpants posted a message on What you think would make the world better most effectively in three words or lessfairy god parentsPosted in: Politics, Philosophy, News and Science
Jul 16, 2013pwntpants posted a message on George Zimmerman, alleged murderer of Trayvon Martin, was found innocent today.Posted in: Politics, Philosophy, News and ScienceQuote from Abandon_Ships
According to current Florida law, you can get a gun, follow an unarmed minor on the grounds of trespassing, call police, have them tell you to stop following them, then choose to ignore that because it's your job to stop trespassers, keep following the minor because he is still trespassing, confront the minor about said trespassing, get attacked by the minor, and if at any point in that process you get scared of your life or serious bodily harm, you can shoot that minor to death.
1.) That's the point. Within Florida's laws, Zimmerman is probably within his legal rights to do that. But Florida law is absolutely bereft of any moral responsibility and something is entirely wrong if a man could be found innocent just because he got a little spooked and killed a minor in a confrontation he started.
2.) It's not up to people in the neighborhood watch to pursue suspects/criminals. Their job is to keep a lookout and call the police if anything is fishy. What's next, you gonna say that a mall cop is within his rights to shoot a man dead who he thinks might have been shoplifting? No. Mall cops are not allowed to engage, they only monitor and report to the police... just like the neighborhood watch should be doing. But let's just say Zimmerman is off the hook because it's self defense. That still doesn't explain why he approached a minor - fully aware of the loaded weapon on his person - even after the police told him not to pursue. Even if Zimmerman is off the hook for the BS excuse of "self defense," he should still be in trouble for starting the confrontation when specifically told not to. This whole trial could've been avoided if he didn't try to be a vigilante hero who saves the day from this menacing black kid - he could've just sat back and waited for cops to arrive.
Jul 16, 2013pwntpants posted a message on George Zimmerman, alleged murderer of Trayvon Martin, was found innocent today.Posted in: Politics, Philosophy, News and ScienceQuote from Frog81
Well, he was part of the neighborhood watch. He had a REASON to be following him, and he was trying to detain Martin, and not kill him. I agree that continuing to follow Martin was bad, and he should spend at least SOME time in prison, if for no reason but to protect him from the mobs, but he shouldn't end up in there for life. Anyway, he was not trying to be lethal. If he wanted to kill Martin he would have just shot immediately. He had already called the police, so it couldn't have been trying to abduct him or anything. He was probably just trying to help the police, and ended up shooting when he was pushed onto the ground.
Basically what Firerose said... it's not up to him to follow him around or detain him, he's just supposed to report it and let the police take it from there. He did report it, and he didn't listen to them.... so he caused the confrontation, and ended up killing Trayvon.
Just let that sink in.... out of his own will, he initiated the confrontation, got scared, and shot the other person. It's amazing, all you have to do is take out "got scared" and it's blatantly obvious who's the bad guy here. But since Zimmerman supposedly "feared for his life" in a confrontation with a 17 year old, he's free to murder.
Jul 14, 2013Posted in: General GamingQuote from Steeliosis
You've got a good point, but I was kind of hoping that there would be that small group of people who can be mature enough to just accept it's all opinion based. Just make that tiny bit of change.
Well there's quite a lot of people, myself included, that realize console wars are just annoying brand-loyal people spouting their opinions as fact. I'm just saying it's not going to stop.
Jul 6, 2013Posted in: Politics, Philosophy, News and ScienceQuote from shplft
So you don't care that people are starving to death by the millions, dying in wars for oil and imperialism etc.?
You probably live a very easy life compared to their's, there might not be starvation and war around you, that does not make you have to be so cold and not caring about others. There is so much pain in this world and we have to stop it, instead of being completely apathetic like you.
There's a difference between "caring" and "feeling sympathy."
Listen, I don't have time to care about every death across the world, regardless of how tragic it was. Death is terrible, and it's always sad for parties affiliated. But instead of being constantly negative and crying over the millions of deaths in the world every single day, I make a personal choice to disconnect myself from as many as I can, so that way I can lead a somewhat happy lifestyle and not always bring the rain cloud with me.
I most certainly feel sympathy for people starving, I most certainly feel sympathy for people dying from diseases, I most certainly feel sympathy for people getting mercilessly murdered by some thug. But I don't have the time to care about each individual one, nor do I want to bring that mental stress upon myself.
Jul 6, 2013Posted in: General GamingQuote from Frog81
Northernlion. He's relatively good at the games (Other than CK2 where he is pretty darn bad at it) and has a good voice and stuff. He also uploads multiple videos a day which is... well.... awesome.
Glad to see someone else picked Northernlion. I've watched every single episode of his Binding of Isaac series since around episode 360, along with most of his Let's Look Ats, and all of his Rogue Legacy so far. He's the only commentator I've ever enjoyed for this long, something about his commentary is perfect for me. It's the right mix of intelligence and humor that most commentators lack.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Apr 10, 2011Posted in: Minecraft Mods
*** The Total Conversion That is Incompatible With Everything!!! ***
[*** WHAT IS BETTER THAN WOLVES? ***]
Better Than Wolves is a "total conversion". This differs from most mods that you are probably used to in that it changes many of the rules of play to provide a richer experience, rather than just adding in new stuff. What makes it special however, is that it always attempts to do so in a way that retains the original spirit of the game, perhaps even more so than the newer official releases.
It focuses both on challenging survival play, and player creativity in terms of never providing "magic block" solutions to in game problems. Instead, it provides basic tools and leaves it to the player to figure out how to use them to get the job done.
In short, Better Than Wolves is a vision of what Mincraft could have been, designed by a very serious player, for other like minded individuals.
NOTE: With the closing and archiving of the Minecraft forums, I've trimmed down this first post to not contain any information that may change with time (such as latest version). If you'd like to stay up to date with the mod, I'd suggest checking out the BTW forums linked below.
[**** Official Forum ****]
NOTE: Registration to the BTW forum is not always open. It is closed during periods of particularly high activity to prevent trolling and general chaos. If you can't register, please just try again at a later date.
If you'd like to join the Better Than Wolves community and engage in meaningful conversation about the mod, you can find us here:
Better Than Wolves Official Forum
I warn you though, I'll ban you at the drop of a hat, so if you join us there, make sure to be on your best behavior and generally act like a reasonable human being.
[*** BTW Wiki ***]
If you have additional questions about the mod that aren't covered in this post, you can also consult the Better Than Wolves wiki:
Better Than Wolves Wiki
Keep in mind though, that it is community maintained, so the information found there is not always up to date.
(Thanks to sargunster for setting this up, and to the whole Better Than Wolves community for contributing to it!)
Mar 29, 2011Captain_Chaos posted a message on WorldPainter - graphical & interactive map creator/generatorPosted in: Minecraft Tools
Welcome to WorldPainter, a graphical and interactive map painter / generator. Quickly generate expansive, natural looking landscapes, with full manual control over the terrain, using an easy to use and well performing program.
Check out these great examples of both usage and results of WorldPainter. Note that I didn't create these landscapes, or these videos:
- Custom biome painting
- Create your own custom brushes
- Add custom objects from bo2 files or schematics to the world
- Customise the location and frequency of underground ores and resources
- Add snow and ice
- Easy to use yet flexible and powerful paint-like tools
- Create oceans, landmasses, plains and mountains
- Change the terrain type, add trees and create caverns
→ To download WorldPainter, go to the official website at https://www.worldpainter.net/
→ For support, please use the official WorldPainter subreddit!
Troubleshooting - FAQ - other documentation - support.
You can check the change log here. The installers were created with . WorldPainter is free and open source software, released under the GNU Public License (GPL) version 3. The source code is hosted on GitHub.
It should be pretty self-explanatory, and the rest you should be easily able to find out by clicking around. Don't forget to try all your mouse buttons, and try holding them down! Post in this thread to get support from me or other users of WorldPainter.
The Load and Save functions save the map in WorldPainter format. The Export function exports the map to a Minecraft world. By default it is exported right to your Minecraft saves directory. You can then open the world in Minecraft under Singleplayer.
The Import and Merge functions allow you to import the landscape from an existing map, and then merge any changes you make to the landscape back to the existing map. It is not meant for general purpose map editing! WorldPainter is, and always will be, a map generator, not a map editor. Note that this functionality is dangerous! Use it at your own risk. Please see this post for important information about how these functions work, and their limitations.
This tool is not meant to create ready to run single player maps, it's meant to create server levels and adventure maps. The idea is to create the basic landscape, with your mountain ranges, oceans, forests, snow and ice, lakes, hills, etc. using the tool, and then go in and fill in the details with other tools.
WorldPainter takes a lot of time to create and maintain. Even though it is free, please show your appreciation by donating: or .
You can also donate bitcoins! The bitcoin address for donations is: 1NK8PFYFetTiWReujPsQXDcarXKJuYtqgF. You can also scan this QR code with a Bitcoin app:
Linking to WorldPainter
If you want to link to WorldPainter from your own site or another forum, I would be honoured! But please don't link directly to the downloads, or upload the files to file sharing sites or host them yourself! Instead, please link people to the official homepage: https://www.worldpainter.net/
Jul 22, 2011kingbdogz posted a message on [1.7.3] Aether Collaboration Mod - V1.02 - NEW MOBS, FIXES, ITEMS AND FEATURES!The new Aether Thread is open for business.Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Mock-up "CD Case" for the Aether! Created by our talented artist, The5.
Hey guys! If anyone wants to come discuss the Aether mod, you can come over to the IRC channel #aethermod on esper.net. Come chat with the dev's and other Aether-lovers!
If you do not have an IRC client here is how to join the channel with your web browser:
1. Go to http://www.esper.net.
2. Click on "Chat now!" in the top right hand corner. This will go to another page with an input box which has "#" inside it.
3. Inside the input box, type in #aethermod and press connect.
4. The mibbit client will then request for your username, type it in.
5. Have fun chatting!
See you there!
Enjoy and stay tuned!
This mod has literally taken 4-5 months of SOLID development to come to fruition, and we have wasted thousands of hours of our free time to complete this mod. A good way of saying thank you to the developers is to not only download the mod and support the project, but donating a bit of spare money really helps motivate us. Like I said, this project has been developed for an insanely long time, the donations would be VERY much appreciated for our hard work. Thanks!
Sorry for the delay in the patch; the team has been very busy wrapping things up with the new mod version, and of course some of us have to attend to real life. However, we have finally finished the patch, and it is now available for download! Not only have we fixed a huge amount of bugs, but we've also added new features, tweaks and balance changes to freshen up your Aether experience. We've worked very hard on the patch, and so we hope you enjoy what it has to offer.
If you have yet to see the change list for Patch 1.02 of the Aether, you can see it below:
- Dungeon Rewards are now hidden in TooManyItems by default. However, if people would like to spawn them for any reason, you can now disable the hiding code for the rewards by changing "TMIhidden = true" to "TMIhidden = false" in mod_Aether.cfg file. This file can be found in your /.minecraft/config/ folder. DO NOT change "#TMIhidden (boolean:true)" as this will not actually affect the config file, and immediately resets upon opening Minecraft. Instead, change "TMIhidden = true".
- Completely restructured Sound files for the Aether.
- When riding a saddled Moa, a "Jump Meter" will now appear above your Armour defense. This Jump Meter will show you the amount of mid-air jumps your Moa can perform, and also how many are left before it can no longer jump. Thanks to Penumber for the idea.
- Saddled Moas no longer wander around. They stay on the spot when you are not mounted on them.
- Ambrosium Shards now only heal "half a heart". We felt that Ambrosium was too powerful for such a common ore, thus the decision to decrease it's healing powers.
- Gravitite Ore is now much more common.
- Zanite Ore is now slightly less common.
- You can now press "B" on your keyboard to gain a Book of Lore for free. You will gain one according to the dimension you are in (for example, if you are in the Aether dimension you will gain a Book of Lore: Volume 3).
- Placing Lava in the Aether now freezes it into Aerogel.
- Books of Lore no longer appear in Dungeon chests.
- Aerogel no longer appears in Dungeon chests.
- Carved Stone no longer appears in Dungeon chests.
- Lightning Knives no longer appear in Dungeon chests in stacks higher than 16. This is so stacking is no longer screwed up (as the max stack for Lightning Knives is 16).
- When first entering the Aether in Minecraft, you will now gain a Cloud Parachute for free.
- If you hit the Bronze Boss with something other than a Pickaxe, it will now show a message which says "Hmm. Perhaps I should attack this beast with a Pickaxe?" so that new people understand they cannot attack it with other weapons.
- Enchanted Gravitite texture now changed, so as to save Sprite ID's.
- The time taken for Baby Moas to digest their Aechor Petals has now been decreased.
- Life Shards now have a new sprite, to make them look more like "Shards" rather than heart containers.
- Blue Aerclouds have a slightly new colour. It uses a more cyan-like colour now.
- Spawning issues have finally been fixed (Zephyrs and Aerwhales are now less common, and Aechor Plants more common. There are more adjustments, but too many to list).
- Cockatrices and Zephyrs now despawn when on Peaceful mode.
- Aerwhales and Zephyrs now despawn when stuck.
- Fixed the Glowstone Dust description in the Book of Lore: Volume 2.
- Fixed the Glowstone block description in the Book of Lore: Volume 2.
- Fixed the descriptions of some Obsidian items in the Book of Lore: Volume 3.
- Enchanting Golden Darts and Buckets of Poison now works as intended.
- Golden Swets now work correctly.
- Baby Moa's no longer lay eggs.
- You can now configure the spawn rate of Aether mobs in mod_Aether.cfg (/.minecraft/config/). 0 = no longer spawn.
- Aerwhales which were previously set on fire should no longer be in flames. They are also now immune to fire.
- Swets, Aerwhales and Zephyrs now despawn correctly, previously they would not despawn and prevent spawning of other creatures.
- Fixed a bug where Blue and Gold clouds were not generating into the world naturally. Newly explored areas or new Aether worlds will now generate with Blue and Gold clouds.
- Saddled Moas no longer despawn.
- From now on, beds which are placed in the Aether will not explode, and can be slept in as usual. Beds which have been placed prior to Patch V1.02 will still explode. To fix this, just recollect the bed and place it again.
- Bonemeal can now grow Skyroot saplings and Golden Oak saplings. You can also use it on Aether Grass to grow a group of White and Purple flowers.
- You can no longer move the Bronze Boss with the Hammer of Notch projectile.
- Fixed a bug where the initiating a fight with the Gold Boss would cause massive lag spikes.
- Fixed a bug where Black Moa's would only be able to perform 6 mid-air jumps instead of the intended 8 mid-air jumps.
- The Cloud Sentries which are spawned from the Cloud Staff dungeon reward no longer make human "hurt" sounds when damaged.
- Fixed an audio-related issue with Moas and Flying Pigs, where they would build up "step sounds" while flying, and would play them all at once when landing on the ground.
- Fixed a bug where Silver Dungeons were rarer than Gold Dungeons.
- Many more small bugs have been fixed, but there were too many for me to remember them or list them. I can assure you that the above fixes were the biggest.
- Added 3 new in-game soundtracks, all exclusive to the Aether. Thanks to our new composer, Emile, for creating these wonderful pieces! You can hear them in-game, just like any other Minecraft music.
- Unique "Victory" tunes have been added when defeating Bronze and Silver bosses.
- A small "Achievement" tune has been added when completing an Aether achievement.
- When initiating in a fight with a boss, a Health Bar will now appear on the top centre of your screen. The Boss will also have a randomly generated name. For example: "GeneratedName, the Valkyrie Queen".
- Added a new "Flying Cow" mob. While they are nothing too special, they do drop leather when killed. These creatures can be saddled and flown around.
- Added a new "Aerbunny" mob. These creatures are friendly, and will hop around the Aether peacefully. Aerbunnies drop string when killed. This means, with the combined additions of the Aerbunny and Flying Cow, you can now craft Saddles in the Aether without returning to the surface world.
- Added a new "Whirlwind" mob. These hostile entities will throw you into the air when you get too close.
- Added a new "Quicksoil Glass" block. Not only can it be used for building materials, but it also gives off a dim amount of light (and of course, speeds up mobs movement speed while in contact with them). They can be gained by enchanting Quicksoil.
- Added a new "Zanite Block". This is a purely aesthetic block, for the purpose of storage and building materials. It can be crafted with 4 Zanite Gemstones. You can also craft the Zanite Block back into 4 Zanite Gemstones if you would like to regain them.
- Added a new "White Flower" block. These are commonly generated flowers in the Aether. At the moment they are purely aesthetic, but will have crafting purposes in the future.
- Added a new "Purple Flower" block. These are slightly rarer than White Flowers, and can be crafted into 2 Purple Dye items.
- Added a new "Freezer" block. This new block was suggested by one of our fans on the Mantis bug/idea tracker. We thought it was a neat enough idea to implement. Basically, it works very similarly to the furnace in design. However, it uses Icestone as a fuel, and can be used to freeze various different items. For example: you can freeze water from water buckets into Ice blocks, or freeze Cold Aerclouds into Blue Aerclouds. Although there aren't many freezable items and blocks at this stage, the Freezer's use will be hugely expanded in future patches.
- Added a new "Ice Ring and Ice Pendant". When worn, these accessories will freeze all water and lava around the player. They slowly degrade while worn, so they do not last forever. These accessories can be obtained by freezing Gold or Iron accessories with the new Freezer block. You CANNOT freeze Zanite accessories into Ice accessories, only Gold and Iron.
- Added a new "Healing Stone" item. Heals 2 hearts of health, and is stackable. These items can be obtained by enchanting Holystone blocks with your Enchanter. This was implemented to balance out the issues with overpowered Ambrosium Shards.
- Added four new craftable capes: "White, Blue, Red and Yellow". These capes can be crafted with their respective wool colour. Blue Capes can be crafted with any type of blue wool. These capes are purely aesthetic.
- Added four new Dungeon Rewards. One of them is a Bronze Dungeon reward, and the other three are Silver Dungeon rewards.
- Added a completely new "Main Menu" which is interchangable in-game and with the mod_Aether.cfg file. This menu, by default, has an "Aether Theme", with Aether-styled buttons and logos. It will also preview the last point you were located at in your previously played world. All progress made in the menu (time of day, etc) is not actually saved, so when you re-enter the world it will still be at the last point you played. This menu is highly configurable, though, and has a few neat features. We've added three new buttons on the top right hand corner of the screen: "Q" for Quick Load, "T" for Toggle Theme, and "W" for Toggle World. The Quick Load feature allows you to instantly jump into the world that the menu is currently previewing, without ANY loading times. The Toggle Theme feature allows you to switch between the "Classic" style of buttons and logos (which includes the Minecraft logo, etc), or the "Aether" style of buttons and logos. The Toggle World feature allows you to turn world previewing on or off. While world previewing is off, it will display a menu very similar in structure to the normal menu in Minecraft, but you still have the option to use the "Aether" styled buttons and logos with the Toggle Theme feature. However, the only way to use a particular menu by default, you have to configure the menu with mod_Aether.cfg, which can be found in /.minecraft/config/. By default, "aetherMenu = true" means that Minecraft will always load with the Aether styled buttons and logo. If you change that to "aetherMenu = false", your game will always load with Minecraft styled buttons and logos. Additionally, the default "worldMenu = true" means that your game will always preview your previously played world on start up. However, if you change that to "worldMenu = false", your game will always start up with the classic Minecraft menu in normal Minecraft.
The Aether NO LONGER WORKS WITH SINGLE PLAYER COMMANDS. It uses an API called Player API, which basically allows several mods to edit the Entity Player. However, Single Player Commands has not used this new API yet, so you cannot run the two mods at the same time or else it will CRASH. I expect a patch/quick fix will be up shortly!
ADDITIONALLY: The Aether DOES NOT WORK with ShockAhPI r5 and r6, since it directly overwrites Player API (similarly to SPC). However, we have created a new version of ShockAhPI which utilizes Player API. Even though Shockah is currently on holidays, he has given us permission to distribute this version of the API with adf.ly (as he is one of the Aether team members). The new download link for this fixed version will be below. IF YOU HAVE V1.01 CURRENTLY IN YOUR JAR FILE, YOU MUST USE A FRESH JAR OTHERWISE IT WILL CRASH. THE PATCH DOES NOT WORK WHEN SIMPLY PASTING OVER V1.01.
There is also one known bug with the current menu: it seems that, because of the way we load the menu music, it has a 2-4 second stall upon opening Minecraft. It's not a huge delay, but sometimes it may be confused with a blackscreen. It actually isn't, you just need to wait a few seconds for the menu to do its thing.
We've been working quite hard on this patch, and would appreciate any donations from our fans. Anything helps; it's the thought that counts!
The Aether mod V1.02 requires ModLoader, AudioMod, PlayerAPI, and ShockAhPI r5.1.
New SinglePlayerCommands Patch out!
To use SPC with the Aether mod V1.02, first install SPC then use this patch by meiska_:
HOW TO INSTALL VIDEO - STEP BY STEP (V1.01, these videos are outdated!):
Thanks to DirtyMoDz7s for the video!
Thanks to RZGamez for the video!
It's finally here...
One of the biggest projects in Minecraft Modding history is now completed. Five very well-known and talented modders (Kingbdogz, Kodaichi, Shockah, Flan and 303) have joined forces to develop the Aether, a celestial realm found in outer limits of the atmosphere. The Aether is what you could call the "antipole" of the Nether. The Nether is a network of desolate, fiery caverns filled with bloodstained Cobblestone and sticky Soulsand; it lies beneath the very soil of our Minecraft world. The Aether, on the other hand, is a collection of floating plains and islands, all connected together to create a breathtaking dimension of the skies. Even during the night, the Aether is still quite peaceful, and a normal day in the Aether is the equivalent of three days on the surface.
Aerwhales, the gentle giants of the Aether, can be found floating in the horizon, munching on Golden Oaks and strips of Blue Aerclouds as the sun climbs higher in the sky. When the sun falls, Cockatrices crawl away from their well-hidden nests, ready to attack. Peaceful as they may seem, these deadly birds shoot poisonous needles at you when provoked. They are one of the few hostile mobs in the Aether.
The Aether isn't always fun and games though; elaborate dungeons are protected by powerful Guardians and sleeping sentries which await watchfully. They can be found in the sides of massive floating islands, containing locked loot chests with otherwise unobtainable singular items and blocks worth the effort of slaying their key bearing protectors.
Dungeons have three levels of difficulty. Bronze, Silver and Gold; Bronze being the easiest, and Gold being the hardest. This means that the Bronze Dungeon will be easier to handle, but the Dungeon will only yield "good" items. Silver Dungeons are slightly harder, and reward you with much better unique items. Gold Dungeons are extremely hard, but you will be rewarded with incredibly powerful items. These unique rewards CANNOT be obtained any other way.
Moas, peaceful and majestic giant birds, populate the Aether in three different colours: Blue, White and Black. Wild Moas cannot be tamed, but they do occasionally drop eggs of their respective colour. These eggs can be incubated with the Incubator block (using Ambrosium Torches). Once incubated, they can be fed with the Aechor Petals of Aechor Plants. They require 8 petals in total to grow, but are not always hungry and will occasionally refuse your offer (which can be done by right clicking them with the Aechor Petal). When grown, you have now completely tamed the Moa, and a saddle can be placed on their backs to ride. Blue Moas can perform 3 mid-air jumps, White Moas can perform 4 mid-air jumps, and Black Moas can perform 8 mid-air jumps.
Flying Pigs can also be found wandering around the Aether, and occasionally flying freely through the air. These creatures can be saddled with a Saddle, and flown around without having to deal with a taming process. This allows players to quickly hop into the action. However, Flying Pigs can only jump once, and do not have the privilege of mid-air jumps like the powerful flying Moas.
The Portal to the Aether is made out of a Glowstone Frame, and can be activated with a Bucket of Water!
New Accessory System:
We've implemented an entirely new "Accessories System" for the mod. This will include 8 entirely new slots to customize your character. Items such as Pendants, Rings, Gloves, Capes and even special Shields can be worn. Various "Miscellaneous Accessories" can also be worn in the two blank slots.
Above is an example of Accessory items being worn.
Description: Pendants can be worn on your character with the new Accessory System. They are worn over the top of the players skin, so when Armour is worn it will be hidden. Gold and Iron Pendants are simply decorative accessories, but Zanite Pendants will increase your mining speed when worn. Zanite accessories slowly degrade when worn, and the more damage it takes, the faster your mining speed with increase. Zanite accessories also slightly increase your armour.
Description: Rings can be worn on your character with the new Accessory System. Gold and Iron Rings are simply decorative accessories, but Zanite Rings (like the Pendants) will increase your mining speed when worn.
Description: Capes can be worn on your character with the new Accessory System. They are worn on your back and can be seen very clearly when in third person mode. Normal "Swet Capes" (image above) are simply decorative, but one particular Dungeon Reward (which is a cape) has a very useful ability.
Description: Gloves can be worn on your character with the new Accessory System. They are worn on your hands and can also be seen in first-person view. These provide extra protection for the player, and with some special armour sets, are required to activate the "Set Ability".
Description: Aether dirt is the basic dirt in the Aether, and will grow into Aether Grass when exposed to sun light. It is much easier to mine than normal dirt found on the surface.
Description: Skyroot Logs are the main base of Skyroot Trees. They provide the basic essential for your Aether adventures, and can be crafted into four Skyroot Planks.
Description: Skyroot Leaves are the "Leaf" blocks of Skyroot Trees. On chance, they will drop a Skyroot Sapling to replant.
Golden Oak Logs
Description: Golden Oak Logs make up the base of Golden Oak trees. They are embedded with Golden Amber, which can be used to craft very powerful Golden Darts.
Golden Oak Leaves
Description: Golden Oak Leaves are the "Leaf" blocks of Golden Oak trees. They occasionally drop Golden Oak Saplings and Golden Apples.
Description: Skyroot Saplings allow you to replant Skyroot Trees.
Golden Oak Sapling
Description: Golden Oak Saplings are occasionally dropped from Golden Oak Leaves. They can be replanted into Aether Dirt to regrow a Golden Oak tree.
Description: Skyroot Planks can be crafted from Skyroot Logs. They can be used to craft Skyroot Sticks and from there, Skyroot Tools.
Description: Holystone is the common stone block in the Aether, and can be used to craft Holystone Tools.
Description: Mossy Holystone is a rare Holystone block that can be found at the base of an Aether Dungeon entrance.
Description: Cold Aercloud is a very common type of Aercloud found in the Aether. Long strips of them can be found in the formations of clouds. They have very strange properties; while sometimes they will prevent fall damage, other times they will not. Use them wisely, but be wary when falling from large heights. They can also be crafted into Cloud Parachutes.
Description: Blue Aerclouds are slightly rare than Cold Aerclouds, and bounce mobs when coming into contact.
Description: Gold Aerclouds are the rarest type of Aercloud. Alone they do not have any special properties from normal Cold Aerclouds, but they can be crafted into Golden Parachutes which have 20 uses rather than the normal 1.
Description: Quicksoil can be found on the sides of islands. When mobs walk on it, their movement speed is increased. However, it takes a while to build up speed. These can be both a good block to abuse its speed, but also a dangerous block to come into contact with.
Description: Icestone can be found in large chunks, usually on the sides of islands. One placement, they will freeze all water and lava sources around it.
Description: Ambrosium Ore is a common block found in the Aether. It drops Ambrosium Shards, which can be used for Torches, fueling Enchanters, and even healing.
Description: Zanite Ore is slightly rarer than Ambrosium Ore, and can be found on the sides of islands. Zanite Gemstones are dropped from these ore blocks, and can be used for a variety of recipes (including Zanite Tools and Zanite Armour).
Gravitite Ore - Enchanted Gravitite
Description: Gravitite Ore is the rarest ore-type in the Aether, and can be enchanted into "Enchanted Gravitite" blocks. Gravitite Ore, by default, will float up into the air. However, Enchanted Gravitite only floats up into the air when powered with redstone. Enchanted Gravitite is required to craft powerful Gravitite Tools and Armour.
Description: A decorative Pillar block found on the outside of Silver Dungeons.
Description: A decorative Pillar Top block found on the outside of Silver Dungeons.
Description: Ambrosium Torches are like regular torches, just crafted with Skyroot Sticks and Ambrosium Shards instead.
Description: Enchanters are a new type of tile entity which can be crafted. They require Holystone blocks and one Zanite Gemstone to craft. By default, it uses Ambrosium Shards as fuel, and can repair damaged tools or items; the more damaged the tool is, the more fuel it requires. It can also enchant a few existing items into more powerful versions.
Description: Incubators are a new type of tile entity which can be crafted. They require Holystone blocks and one Ambrosium Torch. By default, it used Ambrosium Torches as fuel, and can incubate Moa Eggs into Baby Moas.
Description: Locked Chests are found in Dungeons, and cannot be broken. To acquire their rare lot within, you must obtain a key from the Dungeon Boss.
Description: Decorative blocks found within the Aether Dungeons.
Description: Decorative blocks found within the Aether Dungeons which radiate a small amount of light.
Description: A slightly transparent block which is resistant to all explosions.
Description: Skyroot Sticks are used for several different crafting recipes. They are crafted with Skyroot Planks.
Description: Ambrosium Shards can be obtained from Ambrosium Ore blocks. Not only are they used for crafting torches and fueling Enchanters, they can be used as healing items as well.
Description: Zanite Gemstones are found from the Zanite Ore blocks. They can be used to craft a wide variety of items and blocks (including Enchanters, Zanite Toolsets, and Zanite Armour).
Cloud Parachutes - Golden Parachutes
Description: Clouds Parachutes are items which can be used to safely fall from the Aether. When you transition from the Aether to the Surface (upon falling) the Parachute will automatically activate and drift you down safely. These parachutes are a one use only, and can be manually activated as well. Golden Parachutes do the same, except have twenty uses.
Description: Moas, peaceful and majestic giant birds, populate the Aether in three different colours: Blue, White and Black. Wild Moas cannot be tamed, but they do occasionally drop eggs of their respective colour. These eggs can be incubated with the Incubator block (using Ambrosium Torches). Once incubated, they can be fed with the Aechor Petals of Aechor Plants. They require 8 petals in total to grow, but are not always hungry and will occasionally refuse your offer (which can be done by right clicking them with the Aechor Petal). When grown, you have now completely tamed the Moa, and a saddle can be placed on their backs to ride. Blue Moas can perform 3 mid-air jumps, White Moas can perform 4 mid-air jumps, and Black Moas can perform 8 mid-air jumps.
Description: Golden Amber is used to craft Golden Darts, and can be obtained by harvesting logs from a Golden Oak tree.
Description: Aechor Petals can be obtained from poisonous, purple Aechor Plants, and are used to create Poison Dart Shooters and feed Baby Moas.
Description: Dungeon Keys can be obtained by their respective Bosses. They are used to open the locked chest, which contains the Dungeon's rare loot.
Blue Music Disk
Description: Blue Music Disks can be obtained by enchanting a Green or Gold Music Disk. It will play a new song by author Noisestorm.
Description: Golden Darts can be crafted with Golden Amber, Skyroot Sticks, and Feathers. Additionally, you can enchant and poison these Golden Darts. Poison Darts are not affected by gravity, making it great for sniping down far-distance enemies.
Description: Dart Shooters can be crafted with Skyroot Planks and a Zanite Gemstone. They can also be enchanted to shoot Enchanted Darts, and combined with an Aechor Petal to shoot Poison Darts.
Description: The Skyroot Toolset is the weakest Toolset in the Aether. However, it has one of the best side-abilities, which is to gain double-drops from the blocks they mine and the enemies they kill. The double-drops cannot be abused though, as the Toolset will only return double drops from Generated blocks that have already existed in the world. You cannot place a dirt block and then mine it to get double drops, as it is NOT a generated block, it is placed by the player.
Description: The Holystone toolset is slightly more powerful than the Skyroot Toolset in terms of strength, and occasionally drops an extra Ambrosium Shard upon mining a block or attacking a mob.
Description: The Zanite Toolset is the second most powerful toolset, and has the side-ability of getting stronger the more you use it.
Description: The Gravitite Toolset is the strongest toolset. Normal harvesting tools can right click their respective blocks to make them float up, while the Gravitite Sword can launch mobs in the air when attacking.
Description: Skyroot Buckets can be crafted with three Skyroot Planks. They can collect Milk and Water, but not Lava. They can also collect poison from Aechor Plants, and those Poison Buckets can be enchanted into Remedy Buckets to heal your poison side-effects.
Description: Lore Books can be used to reveal more information about an item or block. Just right click while you have one in hand, and place an item or block in the slot. There are three volumes: One for the Surface, Nether and Aether. The Aether volume can be obtained when you first join the Aether. The rest can be obtained in Dungeon chests.
Description: Victory Medals are items which can be obtained by defeating Valkyries, protectors of the Silver Dungeon. They are used to prove your skills in fighting to the Silver boss.
Description: Zanite Armour has the strength of Iron, but gets stronger the more it is damaged.
Description: Gravitite Armour, when fully worn (with Gloves as well), will give you very high jumps. It will also prevent all fall damage. It are as strong as Diamond Armour.
Description: Above are all the Dungeon Rewards you can get. For the sake of surprise, I will not name or describe any of the rewards, so that you can get the best experience possible when looting Dungeons. You will get better rewards depending on what type of Dungeon you conquer. The blocks which make up a dungeon cannot be mined until the boss within is defeated.
Description: Bronze Dungeons are the easiest of the Dungeons to defeat, but are still challenging and yield very powerful rewards. The Boss within cannot be harmed with swords or projectiles, but instead requires a PICKAXE to defeat.
Description: Silver Dungeons are slightly harder than the Bronze Dungeon, and contain slightly more powerful rewards. These Dungeons are found in the skies as great temples, and are guarded by the humble natives of the Aether; the Valkyries. They will not fight you unless provoked, and honor a fair fight. Beware: not every chest is as it seems.
Description: Gold Dungeons are the hardest Dungeons to defeat, and contain the most powerful rewards and items in the mod. Unlike other Dungeons, the Gold Dungeon does not have any defenders leading up to the Boss; the Boss greets you as soon as you enter the Dungeon. This Dungeon can be found in giant floating mountains with a collection of Golden Oaks on the mountain's top. This Boss in particular cannot be harmed with any item in the game; you must figure out a way to defeat it once you confront it.
Poison Dart Shooter
Enchanting - Blue Music Disk
Enchanting - Repairing Damaged Tools
Enchanting - Gravitite Ore
Support the Aether Mod!
Just copy the code below and insert it into your signature.
Alternative Banners (Credits to Kanza and Divinux!):
- Hozz (for helping me with some Sprites)
- Firehazurd (for the idea of flying whales and moas)
- GreyAcumen + Community (for the idea of the Aether!)
- Kanza and Divinux for the alternate support banners.
~ Stay Tuned ~
Jun 25, 2010MCEdit, a Minecraft World EditorPosted in: Minecraft Tools
MCEdit is an open source world editor for just about any version of Minecraft. MCEdit was first created to allow players to preserve anything built with several old versions of Minecraft and take them forward into newer versions of the game. It also aims to be forward-compatible with future (or even modified) versions of Minecraft. It has since been improved with brush tools for laying down blocks in different shapes, integration with the Minecraft Server to generate terrain using Minecraft’s own seed algorithms, support for multiplayer worlds, and editors for certain blocks including chests and mob spawners.
To get an idea of what MCEdit can do, just watch this tutorial/walkthrough by a famous mapmaker:
To download the latest MCEdit or report any problems you may have, head over to the official site. You can find downloads and other helpful links on the left sidebar, and news about the program's development will be posted regularly. If you want to share MCEdit, please only link to the official site at http://www.mcedit.net/. Don't upload MCEdit to a file sharing site or post links to the direct downloads. If you downloaded MCEdit from a site other than mcedit.net, I do not recommend using it.
MCEdit is continually under development. If you want to help, the simplest thing to do is download one of the "development" builds from the download page and play around with it. Post in this thread or on the issue tracker on GitHub if you find anything wrong. Be sure to include version (and build) numbers or your report won't be very helpful. Click on the Report an Issue link to find out what is needed for a helpful problem report.
A brief Frequently Asked Questions list is maintained on github. If your question isn't answered there, go ahead and post in this thread. If you think it should be included in the FAQ, just say so!
- Navigate the world using familiar WASD controls and mouse aiming.
- Show the locations of dropped items, game entities including monsters and villagers, hidden ores, plus blocks with TileEntities and other Minecraft internals.
- Load saved games from current Minecraft versions, plus the older Classic and Indev versions.
- Limited support for Minecraft Pocket Edition saved games
- Export blocks and game entities as a .schematic file to be imported by MCEdit or compatible programs.
- Automatically fixes wool colors when importing and exporting between Minecraft PC, Classic, and Pocket editions!
- Double-click on a chest to change its contents, or double-click on a mob spawner to choose what spawns.
- Brush tool “paints” blocks in a round, diamond, or square shape with configurable size. Different brush modes will add new blocks, replace blocks, alter the top layer of the terrain or wear it down to smooth out rough objects.
- “Paste” brush allows you to import an object with a single click.
- “Flood Fill” brush will change all blocks that form a connected mass.
- Clone tool makes a copy of blocks and entities, optionally making multiple clones in a line or scaling the copy up or down.
- Clone and Import tools can rotate an object around any axis, or flip it horizontally or vertically.
- “Filter” plugins let users add functionality to MCEdit by writing Python code.
- Move the world’s spawn point, automatically removing blocks to make sure the spawn point is acceptable to Minecraft.
- Move and rotate any player in a single- or multiplayer world.
- Expand or contract the world’s size by adding or deleting chunks. Chunks are the basis of Minecraft’s “infinite” saved game format.
- Create new worlds or add chunks to existing worlds. The Minecraft Server can be harnessed to create natural terrain that meshes with the world’s existing seed. Flatlands can also be created at any height.
- “Analyze” feature counts the block and entity types in a selected area, optionally saving them to a .csv file.
- Maintenance commands can delete all blocks, entities, or chunks in a selected region. This is useful for getting a “corrupted” world back into a playable state.
Nov 25, 2013FireroseNekowolf posted a message on Thanksgiving is a ridiculous holiday with no purposeYou get a feast. Enjoy it. End.Posted in: Politics, Philosophy, News and Science
Jul 17, 2013Yourself posted a message on George Zimmerman, alleged murderer of Trayvon Martin, was found innocent today.Posted in: Politics, Philosophy, News and ScienceQuote from Abandon_Ships
-A 17 year old was walking back from a store he stole from at night (Quote: “We concluded that the suspect must have stolen the candy and tea." (Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee)
Yeah, he didn't steal anything. The prosecution's second witness was the cashier that sold Martin the Skittles and tea.
In fact, here's the CCTV footage of Martin buying the snacks.
-A volunteer neighborhood watchman was following him because he was trespassing, which is his job. (no proof necessary)
How was Martin trespassing? Trayvon and his father were staying with his father's fiancee who lived in the neighborhood. And, has been mentioned, it is not the neighborhood watchmen to follow or confront people. It is merely their duty to inform the police of suspicious activity.
Zimmerman did not call 911 and yell for help, other witnesses called 911 and said that someone was yelling for help. We don't know who.
I just got done ignoring this whole trial, I expect at least everyone else to get their facts straight, especially if they're going to claim that they have indisputable facts.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.