- Registered Member
Member for 9 years, 6 months, and 17 days
Last active Fri, Oct, 11 2019 09:36:02
- 0 Followers
- 172 Total Posts
- 9 Thanks
Jun 17, 2013Can someone please explain to me the point of thePosted in: Maps
unarmed skeletons in Lush Ruins? They pose zero threat except as armor eaters. My only guess is that they are supposed to grab weapons and use them against you if a creeper blows up a loot chest, but most players are careful enough to avoid that, it seems.
Dec 2, 2012Posted in: Minecraft ModsQuote from Nisheeth
He said he won't be doing it before, as he considers it a bit OP.
You can automate using buckets using Thermal Exapnsion, and probably the Routers and a dispenser (probably, not tried it myself).
Herpity derp, I forgot about dispensers and TE. Of course. (I'm using FTB and it doesn't have deployers yet.)
Oct 21, 2012Posted in: Maps
Here are all of the Toybox entries (intentionally blurry for now) that I've been untangling and sequencing
I think mine might be the blue one in the very top left... maybe... IDK :/
When can we expect a clearer version, if ever?
Oct 19, 2012Damned broken forum notifications grumble grumble rah.Posted in: Maps
Quote from CreepersNemisis
This does look really good =D Now I have something to do in SSP! Thumbs up in advance! =) Downloading now!
Quote from Herobrine69
The texture pack for this isn't working. I dragged the zip from my Creeper invasion folder into the texture pack folder, and went on it, however I saw no difference. (ex.people were pumpkins, ship was purple,etc.) any help would be appreciated.
The ship wouldn't be purple in the vanilla textures :P. I'm not sure what's wrong actually, and I don't have time now, but I'll get back to you tomorrow. The texturepack (and the map itself) are pretty outdated, I'll see what I can do.
Quote from Anistuffs
This is what I found in the Readme. Just how am I expected to decipher this???
It's just a technical issue I think. We're using different text editors and OS's, and notepad is notorious for screwing up my nicely spaced lines, *twitch*. I'm not sure if it's possible, but maybe you can open it in Word? If that doesn't work I can just host the readme by itself and you can read it in a browser.
Sep 12, 2012Posted in: MapsQuote from Anistuffs
STFU. I'm wishing you good luck & you'll accept it if you know what's good for you :X
Whoah there. That was a little... unwarranted.
Never mind. Good luck isn't free these days.
Aug 31, 2012I've already posted this on the Ender-Forums as 42ah42, and CN has already addressed these when revising the idea, but since that site has an active user base of about, well, two, I figured it may be beneficial to add to the discussion here.Posted in: Suggestions
1. How will anyone ever remember all those controls D: That's the problem I have with so many FPS's, there's about 50,000 controls, you only need about 8 normally, but when you need to use the remaining 49,992, it's always to save your life, which it seems that a lot of these are for.
2. Since most players use first person view, new animations won't affect much unless they also apply to mobs. Might I also add, for mobs that hold visible weapons (zombie pigmen and skeletons) that they actually swing their swords and use the bow animation the player has, respectively? (I didn't see any mention of the bow animation here.)
3. Dual wielding has always been a pet peeve of mine. It seems to make the game too easy for those who can use it and too confusing for those who can't. I personally fall into the second category. However, unlike every other dual wield suggestion I have ever, ever seen, you mention an option to turn it off! THANK YOU CN. YOU ARE A GOD.
Quote from CreepersNemisis
Should I add a poll on people's favorite movements/animations in this idea?
Keep in mind this may make the top of the page bulky, but it could also be nice to know.
Yes. That way if Mojang proper ever gets wind of this idea they will know which ones are most popular without combing through forum pages, in case they want to keep things simple.
Aug 27, 2012Posted in: Maps
Actually, I think that would be ok. Would pressing the button to leave reset it in case you came back again?
Why not just use two separate exits?
1. What do you mean reset it? As in, the player needs to redo the encounter? Could be difficult seeing as one of my exit trigger levers will most likely get blown up.
2. For immersion/realism. In my level,
you have infiltrated an enemy forward base during a future war, but then find out they are just normal people similar to your faction, they're just as "good" as you. You can either blow up their reactor and kill everyone in the building as you were sent to do (you have a radiation suit so you are safe, and the physical explosion is contained) or hack into the computer system and disable their weapons, and have to answer for it later.
And of course if you need it to fit a theme you can change names and the story will be the same.
In the case of either ending, you would leave through the same way, since realistically such an installation might have one or two ways to get in or out, but probably not three.
Aug 26, 2012Rsmalec, here are some technical corrections, if I may.Posted in: Maps
I will have to migrate the books by hand, I think.
Incorrect. Book text is stored with the book item, in a similar way to enchantments.
Minecarts in constant loop sometimes get messed up when being copied/pasted into big collaboration maps.
In general, I don't think moving minecarts cause lag. The lag comes from redstone. So this should be ok.
The main thing looping minecarts are used for is activating a detector track occasionally (or in my entry, quite frequently) so they will still cause lag, though not as much as using redstone clocks for the same task.
Yes, minecart momentum is not always preserved upon save/reload. Using the new dispenser mechanic or a depowered booster that gets powered by a tripwire or proximity detector should ensure everything works properly.
And now a couple of questions.
1. Can we have the entrance be the exit? As in, you press a button at the entrance alcove which only triggers the command block if the player has completed another objective. In the case of the story I have in mind, it simply makes a little more sense.
2. Can we rig up a morality device to have one exit point give 2 possible endings? So if the player chooses the evil path a different command block runs than if the player chose the good path?
And also can we combine these two approaches?
- To post a comment, please login.
Mar 22, 2012I despise the new planks, someone should make a mod to disable them. Seriously it's gonna screw up my architecture. Oh, you used a birch tree farm to build your house with the old planks? Too bad. Texture pack? Still won't stack together. Oak farm? They grow and break things like glass panes. Which, I might add, are an extremely nonrenewable part of my tree farm. Plus they grow slower and smaller.Posted in: News
Wait, what? My login problem is fixed? Sweet.
Survival is still devastated. Screw mojang, they think "oh this will be cool" but they don't think of how it disrupts the games of longtime players.
The sandstone and bug fixes are a nice touch though. I think this update maybe has enough merit to raise itself into the "not quite crap" category.
- To post a comment, please login.