- Registered Member
Member for 10 years, 5 months, and 4 days
Last active Sat, Aug, 3 2013 22:25:15
- 0 Followers
- 34 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Jan 8, 2012Spell Books In Minecraft!Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Mod reviews welcome! Please send me a personal message if you make one!
Download (v1.1.0 for MC 1.2.5) : click here Leave a response to this post if you find any bugs / issues
v1.0.3 - click here (MC 1.2.3
v1.0.2 - click here
v1.0.1 - click here
v1.0.0 - click here
v0.8.0 - click here (MC 1.1)
v0.7.1 - click here
v0.7.0 - click here
v0.6.0 - click here
v0.5.0 - click this
v0.4.0 - click this
v0.3.0 - click this
v0.2.0 - BROKEN
v0.1.0 - click this
Videos and Reviews:
Mod review by RedstoneNightmare: (v1.1) (MC 1.2.5)
Mod review by CreepySunProductions: (v1.0.3)
Mod review by Failboat103: (v0.4)
Mod review by x2robbie2x: (v0.3)
This mod adds spell books to Minecraft, allowing you to cast a number of different spells and abilities . Instead of having some type of regent, these books drain your XP in order to provide the energy that casts the spell. Because of the additional use of XP that has been implemented, I have added Items that help with getting all of that experience!
Armor, Weapons, and Tools:
The first item is "Soul Essence", which is obtained by smelting Soul Sand.
Using Soul Essence, you can craft "Soul Gems"
When you right click with a Soul Gem in your hand, you gain 16 experience.
If that's not enough, make a "Soul Transistor", like this:
A Soul Transistor consumes Soul Essence when you right click and returns 6 experience.
Eternite is used to craft the Eternal Tool Set and Armor
Cloth armor has the about the same attributes as leather armor:
New Powerful armor set: (Black stuff is 'Eternite', see Items section)
Helmet of Life:
- Regenerates 1/2 hunger per sec for 5xp
- If you fall below 25% health, you become invincible and gain full health for 10 sec at the cost of 20 xp
- Invincible effect can only occur once ever 5 min
- Unbreakable, protection equal to Iron
- Crafted with Spell Book: Heal
Chestplate of Resistance:
- Immunity to fire, will drain 10xp per sec while burning
- Unbreakable, protection equal to Iron
- Crafted with Spell Book: Fire Ward
Leggings of Speed:
- High speed while sprinting (consumes 2xp per sec while sprinting)
- High speed while swimming (consumes 2xp per sec while swimming)
- Unbreakable, protection equal to Iron
- Crafted with Spell Book: Speed
Boots of Flight:
- Higher jump (5xp per)
- Allows you to float in water
- Jumping while sneaking allows you to fly
- Flying: Space bar is up, shift is down
- Unbreakable, protection equal to Iron
- Crafted with Spell Book: Levitate
This mod also adds several swords which have different abilities:
1. Blaze Sword (Lights mobs on fire, right clicking places fire and consumes xp)
(Crafted with Spell Book: Ignite)
2. Skeletal Sword (Right clicking shoots arrows and consumes xp)
(Crafted with Spell Book: Arrow)
3. Sky Sword (Throws mobs into the air, right clicking throws you up and consumes xp)
(Crafted with Spell Book: Jump)
4. Speed Sword (Slows the movement speed of mobs, right clicking increases yours and consumes xp)
(Crafted with Spell Book: Speed)
New Tool set as of v0.7:
Eternal Tool Set (Destroy blocks very fast unless durability is low. Never breaks. Durability regenerates over time. Right clicking activates an ability. Crafted with Eternite)
- Eternite Pickaxe (Ability: Mines blocks in a 3x3 area instantly) Cost: 45xp
- Eternite Shovel (Ability: Digs blocks in a 3x3 area instantly) Cost: 45xp
- Eternite Axe (Ability: Destroys a column of wood) Cost: 45xp
- Eternite Hoe (Ability: Tills a 3x3 square) Cost: 45xp
All spell books require a "Spell Book" to make, this is crafted like this:
Now you can begin making the spell books: (CD represents the cool down time)
(NOTE: The textures of some the following spell books are outdated, far nicer ones are now in the game thanks to SkullieBonezZ. The pictures will be updated soon)
1. Spell Book: Arrows (Shoots arrows rapidly) Cost: 8xp / CD: none
2. Spell Book: Blast (Creates explosion at target area) Cost: 36xp / CD: 8sec
3. Spell Book: Jump (Causes you to jump 5 blocks high, and you can jump while in the air) Cost: 16xp / CD: 2
4. Spell Book: Teleport (Teleports you to target location) Cost: 24xp / CD: 15sec
5. Spell Book: Summon Pig (Summons a pig at your location) Cost: 16xp / CD: 30sec
6. Spell Book: Summon Wolf (Summons a wolf at your location, right now the wolf is not automatically tamed) Cost: 36xp / CD: 1min
7. Spell Book: Summon Ghast (Summons a Ghast above you, I recommend not using this one) Cost: 50 xp / CD: 3min
8. Spell Book: Wind (Right clicking shoots a gust of wind, throwing mobs back) Cost: 20xp / CD: 20sec
9. Spell Book: Ignite (Lights blocks on fire from a distance) Cost: 16xp / CD: 4sec
10. Spell Book: Growth (Endless Bonemeal or a hoe if used on grass, also grows cacti and reeds) Cost: 4xp / CD: none
11. Spell Book: Water (Places a water source, can fill buckets in a crafting grid) Cost: 12xp / CD: 8sec
12. Spell Book: Lava (Places a lava source, can fill buckets in a crafting grid) Cost: 12xp / CD: 16sec
13. Spell Book: Transmute Coal (Surrounding it with 4 coal in a crafting table gives one iron, placing an iron next to it gives 4 coal, this recipe is shapeless) Cost: 0xp / CD: none
14. Spell Book: Transmute Iron (Surrounding it with 4 iron in a crafting table gives one gold, placing a gold next to it gives 4 iron, this recipe is shapeless) Cost: 0xp / CD: none
15. Spell Book: Transmute Gold (Surrounding it with 4 gold in a crafting table gives one diamond, placing a diamond next to it gives 4 gold, this recipe is shapeless) Cost: 0xp / CD: none
16. Spell Book: Fuel (BROKEN IN 1.1)
17. Spell Book: Light (Places a floating light source on the block you are looking at, you can walk through it) Cost: 8xp / CD: 3sec
18. Spell Book: Replenish (Right clicking restores one hunger) Cost: 4xp / CD: 2sec
19. Spell Book: Conjure Cake (Places cake on target block) Cost: 12xp / CD: 10sec
20. Spell Book: Heal (Instantly heals you for 2.5 hearts) Cost: 16xp / CD: 4sec
21. Spell Book: Regenerate (Instantly activates the regeneration effect, lasting 36 seconds) Cost: 18xp
22. Spell Book: Magic Blade (Creates a powerful magic blade in your hand for a 30 sec, right click to return it) Cost: 64xp / CD: none
23. Spell Book: Levitate (Right-clicking while in the air allows you to fly. Space bar make you go higher, shift brings you down. Landing or right-clicking stops this affect) Cost: 20xp / CD: 20sec
24. Spell Book: Fireball (Shoots a ball of fire, lighting mobs) Cost: 15xp / CD: 4sec
25. Spell Book: Destruction (Causes several explosions in a ring around you, only use in places you don't mind destroying) Cost: 64xp / CD: 30sec
26: Spell Book: Fire Ward (Provides full protection against fire and lava for 45 seconds) Cost: 15xp / CD: 1min
27. Spell Book: Lightning (Creates a bolt of lighting at target location) Cost: 36xp / CD: 10sec
28. Spell Book: Speed (Gives you a speed boost lasting 45 seconds) Cost: 15xp / CD: 1min
29. Spell Book: Experience (Holding right click repeatedly gives you experience. Only obtainable in creative mode or through TMI. This is so that people testing the mod can have unlimited xp to do so with)
30. Spell Book: Summon Fire Minion (Summons a Fire Minion to protect you) Cost: 48xp / CD: 5min
31. Spell Book: Encase (Right click surrounds you with a magic shield, right clicking while holding shift creates a magic shield at the target location. This will decay over time) Cost: 48xp / CD: 30sec
32. Spell Book: Freeze(Right clicking on a mob slows it's movement speed for 10 sec) Cost: 20xp / CD: 15sec
(Right clicking on water turns it into ice) cost: 10xp / CD: 15sec
(Placing this in a crafting grid with a water bucket results in ice) cost: 0xp / CD: none
33. Spell Book: Fear (Right clicking on a mob causes it to run away from you for 8 sec) Cost: 32xp / CD: 20sec
34. Spell Book: Random (Right clicking on it gives you a random Spell Book. The advantage is that this costs less)
35. Spell Book: Time (Right clicking makes it night or day, depending on the time) Cost: 28xp / CD: 1.5min
36. Spell Book: Healing Spirit (Calls a spirit that heals you for 1 heart when you are hurt, lasts 1 min or 10 charges) Cost: 40xp / CD: 1min
Spell Stones are crafted with Spell Books. They have the same abilities as the book you use to craft it. One Spell Book will make two Spell Stones, which can be placed and then activated with right click. They cost XP to use, but do not have cool downs, yet.
Right now there are only six, more will come later.
1. Spell Stone: Ignite (Sets on fire mobs that collide with it) Cost: 0xp
2. Spell Stone: Replenish (Heals you for 1 hunger on right click) Cost: 4xp
3. Spell Stone: Magic Blade (Gives you a magic blade for 1 minute) Cost: 60xp
4. Spell Stone: Time (Changes the time of day on right click) Cost: 28xp
5. Spell Stone: Heal (Heals you for 2.5 hearts on right click) Cost: 16xp
6. Spell Stone: Jump (Right clicking shoots you into the air, landing on it takes away all fall damage) Cost: 16xp
7. Spell Stone: Regenerate (Gives you the regenerate effect for 36 seconds) Cost: 18xp
In the config file, you can disable which of these mobs spawn.
1. Stone Monster
- Has a ton of health and does a lot of damage but movement is slow
- If hit by it your movement will be slightly reduced for a few seconds
- Spawns below level 40
- Drops Diamonds
2. Blast Mage
- Slightly above average health
- Average movement
- Uses Spell Book: Blast on you
- Spawns below level 32
- Drops a random Spell Book
- Average health and movement
- Summons zombies to defend itself
- Spawns below level 32
- Drops a random Spell Book
4. Fire Minion
- Low health but fast movement
- Friendly to player
- Shoots flames at mobs, causing them to light on fire
- Will not follow you around
- Will despawn eventually
- Immune to fire damage
- Takes damage from water
- Does not drop items or xp
To Do List:
- Minor bug fixing, nothing new
- Fixed dying in creative problem
- Think I fixed texture problem (comment if you have issues with strange textures)
- Mob drops are fixed
- Summoner summons fewer zombies
- Blast Mage shoots a ghast ball, rather than just creating explosions
- Mobs have proper held items now
- XP total now back in top left corner
- Fixed the texture for jungle trees
- Updated to mc 1.2.3
- Spell Book: Healing Spirit
- Changed Fire Blast to Fireball (New Cost and CD)
- Crafting recipe of Grow changed to Bonemeal
- Improved Levitate
- Spell Book: Wind (Changed From Drop)
- Removed Caramel Apples
- Added XP in top left
- No more XP messages
- Particle effect for fire minion
- Item ID changes
- Config file to disable mobs
- Bolt of cloth / enchanted cloth removed
- Enchanted Armor removed
- Cloth armor crafted with wool
- New power armor set
- Fixed recipe for Spell Book: Freeze
- Fixed texture of the Eternal Pickaxe
- Added Spell Book: Time
- Freeze is more consistent
- Replenish Hunger is now Replenish
- Spell Book: Replenish no longer slows movement
- Spell Book: Replenish no longer has a cast time
- Spell Book: Grow now grows cacti and reeds
- Introduced 'Spell Stones'
- Added Spell Stone: Ignite
- Added Spell Stone: Replenish
- 'Random' Spell Book has cool text
- Fire Minion has sound
- Fire Minion follows the player
- Fire Minion quicker to respond to enemies
- Lightning is instant
- Teleport is instant
- Blast and Fire Blast are instant
- Added Spell Stone: Time
- Added Spell Stone: Magic Blade
- Blast Mage no longer attacks w/ projectile
- Added Spell Stone: Regenerate
- Added Spell Stone: Heal
- Heal will now only work if you are hurt
- Most Spell Books now have cool downs
- Added Spell Stone: Jump
- Added Spell Stone: Drop
- Added Spell Stone: Heal
- Added Spell Stone: Regenerate
- New Item: Eternite
- Eternal Tool Set (Crafted with Eternite)
- Magic Blade no longer loses durability on hit
- Magic Blade's durability goes down over time
- Spell Book: Encase works at a distance or directly around you
- Spell Book: Encase will now decay over time
- Spell Book: Ignite is now long range
- Spell Book: Ignite now only lights blocks
- Spell Book: Slow has been changed to Freeze
- Freeze makes ice in a crafting table with water, and right clicking on water
- 'Random' Book added
- Spell Book: Encase no longer replaces blocks
- New cover art, by SkullieBonezZ
- Began work on a new mob
- Added XP notifications
- Fixed the light block texture
- Increased the cost of most spells
- Changed the colors of some of the spell books
- Spell Book: Speed allows you to run much faster
- Spell Book: Drop is now used with right click
- Spell Book: Drop no longer has durability
- Spell Book: Heal is now crafted with Glistering Melons
- Spell Book: Teleport is now usable in creative mode
- Added Speed Sword
- Added new mob: Fire Minion
- Added Spell Book: Summon Fire Minion
- Added Spell Book: Encase
- Added Spell Book: Slow
- Added Spell Book: Fear
- Total of 33 Spells
- Released on 1/20/12
- Drastically increased the xp dropped by the new mobs
- The new mobs now drop more valuable items
- Increased health of the new mobs
- Increased spawn rates of the new mobs
- Decreased movement speed and attack strength of the Stone Monster
- Stone Monster now spawns under level 40
- The 'Magic Blade' now does more damage
- Magic Blade costs more and has less durability
- Spell Book: Heal now only heals 2.5 hearts and costs 8xp
- Spell Book: Heal no longer has a cast time
- Spell Book: Heal no longer requires hunger to use
- Spell Book: Regenerate now lasts 36 seconds and costs 12xp
- Spell Book: Regenerate no longer has a cast time
- Spell Book: Regenerate no longer requires hunger to use
- Spell Book: Ignite can now light mobs on fire from a distance
- Spell Book: Ignite now costs 8xp
- You will no longer take damage when using 'Teleport'
- Made the transmute recipes shapeless
- Temporarily removed Spell Book: Fuel
- Added Spell Book: Destruction
- Added Spell Book: Fire Ward
- Added Spell Book: Lightning
- Added Spell Book: Speed
- Added Spell Book: Experience (for testing)
- Total of 29 Spells
- Released 1/16/12
- Changed Spell costs, again
- Added Bolts of Cloth and Enchanted Cloth
- Added Cloth and Enchanted Cloth armor
- Changed crafting item of 'Jump' to Leather Boots
- 'Growth' now tills dirt and grows grass and flowers on grass blocks
- Added Spell Book: Magic Blade
- Added Spell Book: Levitate
- Added Spell Book: Fire Blast
- Added the 'Blazing Blade'
- Added the 'Skeletal Sword'
- Added the 'Sword of the Sky'
- Caramel Apples!
- New Mob: Stone Monster
- New Mob: Blast Mage
- New Mob: Summoner
- Total of 24 Spells
- Released 1/15/12
- Made the Spells more balanced
- You can now fill buckets with the Water and Lava spells in a crafting space
- Created "Spell Book: Summon Ghast"
- Total of 21 Spells
- Released 1/9/12
- Initial Release
- Total of 20 Spells
- Released 1/8/12
- Spell Book: Teleport Home
- Soul Vault
- Forge compatibility
- Config file to change id's
- XP bar level does not change when going down after using all the experience from one level, this problem is sort of solved by the XP number in the top left corner.
- Fire Minion won't follow you in 1.2.3
This mod does require Risugami's ModLoader, which you can find here
1. Download Spell Books and ModLoader
2. In the Start menu, type in '%appdata%'
3. Hit 'Enter'
4. Open the folder that says '.minecraft'
5. Open the folder that says 'bin'
6. Open the 'minecraft.jar' file using WinRaR or 7-zip
7. Delete the folder named 'META-INF'
8. Drag the ModLoader class files into the 'minecraft.jar' file
9. Drag the Spell Books' class files into the 'minecraft.jar' file
10. Run Minecraft
I'd rather not explain it myself because it is a little more complex than on Windows.
Tutorial by whitred10, also showcases some of the mobs:
If you downloaded this mod, thank you! It is still a work in progress, but hopefully it will continue to grow.
Please post any comments, suggestions, ideas, or issues below. I want to continue working on this to make it as best as I can.
Amazing Spell Book cover art done by SkullieBonezZ! Link to his page here
Hit the + button if you want to see this mod grow!
Show how much you like this mod by making it your signature!
Other Mods by TormiumMods:
Jan 26, 2012billythegoat101 thank you for using my ideas. I have a few more.Posted in: Minecraft Mods
1. Smelting rune: (1 Coal/Charcoal per 8 Smelt-able Items) Smelts like a normal furnace. Consider being able to use different fuels like lava buckets and stuff. I don't know if this is possible, but it would be cool.
2. Coal Conversion Rune: ([how many?]Charcoal per desired coal) Converts Charcoal to coal for dust making purposes.
3. Dust Runes: (Dust Recipes) Made from plant dust. Crafts Dusts from ingredients. Makes higher level dusts more valuable. (Random and rather dumb idea, but and idea none the less)
4. Passive Rune: Makes hostile mob passive so that you can keep a creeper as a pet or a spider.
Let me know if you need exact layouts and screenshots of runes in order to make them work, I can provide these, also, I can provide the same for my last post too. Thank you.
I have many ideas and pictures, just can't seem to load them up here.
Jan 26, 2012My idea is a life rune, if you stand in the centre (an Enderdragon egg) it will heal you to max life and restore the durability of all armour but you can only use it once a Minecraft week, It requires a sacrifice of 1 Diamond,5 Glowstone Dust and 5 End Stone. The idea is that the egg is a source of never ending life by chaining to a rune you can release the life but then it becomes dormant replenishing it's power. I don't feel this is to overpowered (if playing 100% legit) because the Enderdragon egg is such a hard item to obtain and the diamond as a cost it seems to be okay.Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Jan 25, 2012Just gonna repost this since it hasn't been implanted in the mod:Posted in: Minecraft Mods
I got a few suggestions for new (or revised) runes:
1. Maybe instead of just resurrecting mobs, they become your undead bodyguard?
2. Judgement Rune: Summons a meteor to reign down the ultimate judgement onto the surrounding area (Area of Affect configurable)
3. Armour Rune: sacrifice the amount of ore to make a full set of armor (for example 24 diamond = full set of diamond armor). Once summoned you get a full set of armor with low, medium, or high tier enchantments depending on what dust you used.
4. Shelter Rune: creates a small hut out of the material you sacrificed.
5. (this last one is probably the most useless one, but it makes use of an item Jeb has yet to implement any usage). Dragon Rune: Now you have a use out of that dragon egg! After sacrificing the egg, you can now rematch the reborn Ender Dragon (only works within the End).
Jan 18, 2012Posted in: Minecraft ModsQuote from lolwut13
LOVE DIS. But maybe make them have multiple uses? Grass has one use, gunpowder has 5 uses, lapis has 10 uses and blaze has 15/20 uses. At least give the blaze powder more uses, that stuff is friggin' expensive. Anyway, I would give you all my diamonds :biggrin.gif: ...If I had any. :dry.gif:
Yeah I still need to work on balancing recipes
I plan on making runes require higher value dust if they do higher level stuff (with some exceptions for things like obelisk which is so earth oriented :tongue.gif: )
Using higher level dust than a rune requires is just a waste at the moment, I don't really want to have it so that the value of the dust will affect the result in a general way like duration for every rune (like glowstone and redstone in potions), but some of them may do things like that
but things seem mostly balanced as they are right now
firesprite lasts 3 days and is sorta overpowered because no mob can touch you without burning, so it's balanced by the cost of blaze powder (though admittedly a lot, so the sacrifice is low)
the tools use a lot of lapis, but dont require much else besides meat which is renewable (also if you'll notice, the rune looks like the top of a crafting bench :tongue.gif: )
obelisk is pretty low in the cost of the rune but really high in it's sacrifice since it isn't actually all that useful...that I will probably change.
Firetrap is kinda overpowered for its sacrifice, requiring about 9 gunpowder dust (4 gunpowder i think off the top of my head) its pretty low. even though its single use only its still kinda too powerful, i may reduce the fire damage it causes and greatly reduce the amount of fire to the terrain around it.
Although that seems like one that would fit nicely with the 'stronger dust -> stronger rune' idea now that i think about it...
Then the torch is equivalent to grass and 1 coal... i think thats mostly balanced, i made that thinking it would be quick to make in a pinch though cumbersome to cheat with if it isnt very balanced, although are sticks really worth more than grass? considering grass requires uses off iron shears...
but yea, i am not the greatest at balancing these sorts of things so i may end up needing a little help later :tongue.gif:
Nov 14, 2011BluePhase posted a message on [MMORPG] [Work in Progress] [Client] Dark Redemption [TESTER'S WANTED]Posted in: WIP Mods
January 15th, 2012
Update #1 -
-- We have realized that due to Minecraft's inability to work well on any machine will cause many problems with performance, so because of this, we will be removing some of the existing code such as the terrain generation code. We realized that this generation code is what makes things much slower in Minecraft. We came up with an alternate solution, which may or may not work:
We thought maybe, we have a separate server that handles a custom script that generates worlds simultaneously with a limit of 10million blocks per world. Now each world is downloaded from the player's client and then deleted from our server to make room for more. If this doesn't work out, we will most likely keep the worlds and keep adding much more space if needed so that world's can continue to generate.
We feel that this is a better way to handle some of this, since it is not up to the client anymore to do the terrain generation. So we ask of the community to give us their opinion on this, but please no flame. We understand some harsh consequences with this, but it might work. We will continue to provide more updates on how we plan to make performance tweaks.
Update #2 -
Due to recent disputes, when the development phase on the server software is finished, it will be released for download for all members for free. Meaning everyone can have a chance to run their own MMORPG server, and your server will be automatically listed in our database for others to find easy and fast.
January 12th, 2012
-- Dark Redemption is looking for testers to help test the mechanics and engine of the client, if you would like to apply just leave a comment below with some details about yourself.
January 8th, 2012
-- I am currently working on the Single Player Version of the client. Alpha will be released within a few weeks and will contain some small features. These features are only to test the core of the client and will not include all if not any of the real features. Stay tuned.
What is Dark Redemption?Dark Redemption is a true MMORPG client built with the Minecraft engine, pushing the limits to beyond imagination. Dark Redemption was designed to allow players create an adventure based on their likings, and still include the features of a true MMORPG. Dark Redemption is still in development and will be released soon.
What makes us different?Virtually all MMORPGs in current existence are using either mods or plug-ins. With Dark Redemption, you can download the client and play immediately without hassle; no other installation is necessary. Other fully modded RPGs are not multiplayer-compatible. With Dark Redemption, you have one server to play on and you can join any time.
How do I get started?Dark Redemption is not yet released - The team awaits the full release of Minecraft to begin development, as to avoid conflictual errors with the new features. With the full release out, all moders have total control and less bugs to worry about emerging with new updates. Please note that Dark Redemption is hiring talented persons before the release as well - more information is below.
Brand New GUI - A new beautifully designed GUI that will catch one's eye!
Character Creation Page - Tired of your current Minecraft name? Only thing you'll need it for is to log in. Once you're logged on, create up to 5 new characters and choose a new in-game name.
Class System - Choose from 3 unique classes: Warrior, Mage, and Archer.
Leveling System - Leveling is now introduced! Gaining experience increases your over-all level and gives you the chance to unlock tons of new weapons, armor, companions, and more!
Lore - An excellent lore for players to read and follow, combining unique elements of both zombie-themed and medieval-written classic stories.
New Weapons - Over 30 new weapons introduced!
Talent Trees - Combine Gems or Scrolls to your weapons and get a handy upgrade.
New Monsters - A great load of new mobs to be added, all of which have different reactions from different tiers of weapons.
Spells - What's a Mage without any spells?
NPCs - Non-Player-Characters that range from vendors to your own companions!
Companions - Companions are little NPCs that follow you similar to wolves, and each is individually useful in areas such as combat, defense, mining, et cetera.
New Crafting Recipes - Over 30 new crafting recipes ranging from weapons to fun devices!
What is really lying underneath Dark Redemption? What is it trying to accomplish?
- Dark Redemption was designed to be fun and enjoyable for MMO fans. We thought of Minecraft as a tool that could be created into something much more than just a sandbox game. Virtually all other servers have a common similarity - using simply the tools Minecraft gave them to work with instead of making their own. Dark Redemption aims for players to feel a true experience within the Minecraft world outside of traditional gameplay; Something that can't be explained in words or pictures - an experience you have to play for yourself to believe.
What is included within this client?
- As explained earlier, Dark Redemption has dozens of new features. Starting with a brand new redesigned GUI to things such as new monsters, weapons, crafting recipes, and even companion NPCs. On top of this, it is 100% Multiplayer Compatible.
Will there be quests or missions to accomplish?
- There will be at least 100 quests that you can do for NPCs. However, all quests and missions are optional and are not required. You are fully able to ignore the quests and still complete whatever objectives you may proclaim.
Will there be pre-established towns or villages where NPCs reside?
- The whole map will be pre-built, including terrain and structures. There will be pre-established areas where NPCs live, but players can construct their own village with proper consent and materials. NPCs will likely not reside there unless it grows to become a town.
Will there be dungeons?
- There will be several; Dark Redemption will have vast amounts of dungeons for players to explore and quest in. These areas will be known as instances. Only one's group can enter these dungeons at a time.
So, there will be groups?
- Players can create groups, parties, or even guilds with dozens of members. You can also play in isolation or only make "drifting" connections at the expense of being more susceptible to attack.
Can players build/destroy in this world at all?
- A player will not be able to build or destroy in pre-built cities. However, players can start their own villages with the proper consent of authority figures (as the server is a roleplay), as described above.
More information will be provided as development occurs.
Key =Done, In Progress, Not Done, Planned
Chain Blocks (Life Like Chains)
-Character Creation Page
There is much more that is being worked on but I can't say due to being so epic that it has to stay secret. If you have any more suggestions leave them in the comments below.
Dark Redemption needs a great amount of talented individuals to leap into reality. This project requires dedicated hard work, a willing team attitude, and proper experience. If you'd like to apply, please check our criteria below. Please send this in a PM to me, BluePhase.
Also, please note that you CAN apply for multiple positions, such as "Coder" and "Website Designer" or "Artist" and "Movie Maker".
Coder(s): Creating and designing the system of the client, as well as some serverside modding.
Name: Education: What computer languages are you skilled in: Years/Months/Days of experience: Have you worked on a large project before? Do you have proof: Do you work well with others: Do you have any unspecified comments or questions:
Artist(s): Creating visual art, such as logos, graphics, promotional material and texture packs.
Name: Education: Experience: Programs used: Work: Do you have any unspecified comments or questions: (Please note that Microsoft Paint is not proper software - if you plan on using this and only this program, do not spend your time to apply.
Movie Maker(s): Creating cinemas and promotional material that will be shown throughout the adventure and lore of the server. Also see "Artists".
Name: Education: Programs used: Experience: Work: Do you have any unspecified comments or questions: (Please note that Windows Movie Maker is not proper software - if you plan on using this and only this, do not spend your time to apply.)
Website Designer(s): Creating an elegant website design.
Name: Education: Languages: Experience: Work: Do you have any unspecified comments or questions:
Lore Writer(s): Writing a top-line lore for the game and server.
Name: Education: Experience: Do you work well with others: Types of work: Your Work: Do you have any unspecified comments or questions:
If you like the idea, thank the topic and post a reply of your thoughts. By doing this, your support saves a kitty :biggrin.gif:
- To post a comment, please login.