This release improves water rendering. Several water-related rendering bugs have been fixed, and the performance has been significantly improved. For scenes with a large amount of water the rendering speed has increased by more than a four times.
There is a new tab in the Render Controls dialog that groups together all water settings. The new water tab has settings for water opacity, visibility, and color. The default water settings can replaced with your own configuration.
A setting for Y cutoff has been added. The next time chunks are loaded blocks below the Y cutoff are ignored.
- Added Y cutoff setting (blocks below the Y cutoff are not loaded)
- Added new tab in the Render Controls dialog for water related settings
- Added slider for water visibility
- Added slider for water opacity
- Removed the "clear water" option (which is made obsolete by water
- visibility slider)
- Added custom water color setting
- All water settings can now be stored as custom defaults
- Removed the visible sea border in water world rendering mode
- Lily pads now cast shadows
- Display a warning when a scene from a newer version of Chunky is loaded
- Saving a scene with a different name no longer hides the old scene by renaming the old scene description file with the .backup suffix
- Added scrollbar to Render Controls dialog for small screens (only visible when the whole window does not fit on screen)