- Retired Staff
Member for 12 years, 5 months, and 22 days
Last active Fri, Feb, 27 2015 13:59:39
- 1 Follower
- 1,821 Total Posts
- 128 Thanks
Feb 27, 2011msmit71 posted a message on [1.3.2] AdventureCraft - NPC Pathing Blocks [R1095]Just in time for me to move it to released mods.Posted in: Minecraft Mods
0msmit71 posted a message on [1.3_01] Yes, a Clone Machine. (Auto Cloners!) [v2.0]That would be singular. Mod.Posted in: Minecraft Mods
It's just me. >.>
0msmit71 posted a message on MUST READ: An important message and Title FormattingPosted in: Minecraft ModsQuote from hogofwar »Are we allowed to have one thread for all our stuff or do we have one thread for each mod?
It would be better if you have 1 thread for everything. For example
39msmit71 posted a message on Modding Tips and Tricks!Hello! I'm re-vamping this thread to be about general knowledge and such that is useful in the mapping and modding forum.Posted in: Mods Discussion
This page will contain various guides to help you users, old and new alike. If you have written a guide, please send it to me in a PM, with the PM title being (Guide) [insert guide name here]. If it is useful and informative, I will post it here! Also, if you find something wrong or that could be improved in a guide, just post here.
Guide 1: How to submit a helpful, detailed crash report!
There are several things that you should do when submitting a mod crash report to a modder.
1. Include the crash report! If you don't give the modder the crash report and just say "It crashed!" They cannot help you! Copy and paste the crash report on the purple screen.
2. use code tags. This will shorten your post making it easier to read, and thus less of an inconvenience to others.
Here is how to use the code tags.
[code][code]Your crash report here![/code][/code]
or post your crash log using pastebin.
3. Explain when the crash happened and what you were doing at the time! A post containing only a crash report is not helpful, and will likely not get your problem fixed.
4. Be polite! If you go onto a mod thread and say "Omg this mod doesn't work it's , plz help me fix the crash!" Nobody is going to want to help you. Remember, the modders are doing this for free, because they want to!
If you get crashes but have no error to copy then follow this guide to get an error report guaranteed.
To run minecraft from the command line on Windows: Start->Run, enter "cmd". In the command line, enter:
[code]java -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -cp "%APPDATA%\.minecraft\bin\*" -Djava.library.path="%APPDATA%\.minecraft\bin\natives" net.minecraft.client.Minecraft[/code]
Then once the error occurs READ it, see if you can fix it yourself (maybe you forgot a dependency) you can right click > mark > select the error > right click > copy THEN paste it to the thread.
For linux users it's pretty much the same:
[code]cmd-linux cd ~/.minecraft/bin; java -Xms512M -Xmx1024M -Xincgc -cp "minecraft.jar:jinput.jar:lwjgl.jar:lwjgl_util.jar" -Dorg.lwjgl.librarypath="$(pwd)/natives" -Dnet.java.games.input.librarypath="$(pwd)/natives" net.minecraft.client.Minecraft[/code]
How to set your Java environment variable in Windows:
1) Right-click on My Computer (XP) or Computer (Vista/7) in your start menu, and open the Properties window.
2) Click "Advanced System Settings" (in Vista, this is in the Tasks list on the left side of the window).
3) In the System Properties window, click the "Environment variables.." button to open the Environment Variables window.
4) Find the entry for "Path" under your System Variables. If it does not exist, double check- if it still doesn't exist, create a new variable, name it Path, and move to step 5.
5) Edit path's variable value field by adding a semicolon (';') after any text that might be there- if the field is empty, just move on to step 6.
6) Find where you've installed Java. For me, the path is C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_23\bin, but yours may vary. Find out where you've installed Java and add that path to the variable value field.
7) Hit OK on all of the windows you've opened, and your path variable should be saved. If you had any command prompts open before you set the path variable, you will have to close them and open a new command prompt for it to recognize the new path.
You should be able to use java, javac, and other java commands now.
If that's too much for you or it doesn't work for some reason, then you can run Java commands from the directory Java is installed in. So, find where you've installed Java (usually in your Program Files folder) and open the bin folder. Shift+Right-click on any empty space in the folder, and you should have an option to "Open command window here.." Do that and run the commands in the OP as indicated. Note: You'll have to do this every time you want to run java or javac- add it to your path variable so you can run java commands without being in the Java/bin folder.
21msmit71 posted a message on MUST READ: An important message and Title FormattingMods only work for the version they specify in their title. 1.3_01 mods do not work for 1.4. Do not post asking somebody to update their mod, it is pointless. You can suggest things you'd like to see when they update, or you can discuss the mod in its present state, but do not ask them to update it, it's spamming to do so.Posted in: Minecraft Mods
A uniform method of naming mod threads will help organization a lot.
Here is how you should name your mod threads.
[Minecraft-Version]Mod Name[OTHER STUFF]
Please include the _0# from now on, thanks!
No need for [MOD] in the front anymore, because if it is in this section, it should be a mod.
If you have any questions about how you should name your mod, please post here!
0msmit71 posted a message on [1.5_01] Shadow Gems - 0.51! Update 8! Updated for 1.5.01Looks awesome!Posted in: Minecraft Mods
0msmit71 posted a message on [MOD] Suicide Bomber (Creeper)Posted in: Mods DiscussionQuote from SkyPiercers!? »This has been made before (many times), and just ends up with the thread being locked and the creator warned.
Yes. This is exactly what happened to this thread too.
0msmit71 posted a message on [TextureTOOL]TileMaster: Exchange Tiles V1.3.5 (RPGMaker like, Updated 7th January 2013)Looks awesome for easily switching out textures.Posted in: Resource Packs
However, seeing as this is A Texture tool, I'm going to move it to the textures subforum, Because it is more ontopic and people would be generally more interested in it.
If you have any problems with this move, please send me a Private Message, I read every one I get.
0Oops, sorry, fixing broken link now.Posted in: Minecraft Mods
0I updated the OP to use the V 1.3 fix made by AtomicStrykerPosted in: Minecraft Mods
16msmit71 posted a message on Flan's Mod 5.5.2 Update : 1.12.2, 100s of new Skins! : Helicopters, Mechas, Planes, Vehicles, 3D Guns, Multiplayer, TDM, CTFThis is awesome!Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Protip: Put [MOD] in front the thread title.
0msmit71 posted a message on Editing Tool Models/TexturesThe image files are found inside the minecraft.jar file.Posted in: Mods Discussion
You can open the Minecraft.jar file with programs like 7zip, Winzip, ect.
Tools are located in Minecraft.jar--> Gui --> Items.png
Block textures are located in Minecraft.jar--> Terrain.png
Open them up with an image editor that supports Transparency (Such as GIMP [It's free]) and edit them.
Don't use MS Paint.
Hope this helped!
0msmit71 posted a message on Map Seeds, anyone?There is an entire sub section devoted to seeds under Beta Survival, go there.Posted in: Mods Discussion
0Updating the OP with the fan-Made fix.Posted in: Minecraft Mods
0msmit71 posted a message on Guides and ResourcesPosted in: Mods DiscussionQuote from Basic »Quote from msmit71 »Why would he mind? I don't think that he has updated this thread in ages. (at least as far as I can tell)
Wolfram logged in today; might just be that he forgot this thread, didn't mind updating it or haven't found a reason to add more to it. :smile.gif:
- To post a comment, please login.
Jul 26, 2011msmit71 posted a message on 1.8 Updates: New Mob...Revealed?Wow, they appear to be picking up blocks! One is holding sand and the other grass.Posted in: News
Jun 6, 2011msmit71 posted a message on Minecraft Coming To Xbox Kinect This WinterI don't understand why everyone is freaking out. Notch isn't even going to be working on the port, and all it means is more money for Mojang. I see no problem with it, good for them.Posted in: News
May 23, 2011msmit71 posted a message on Minecraft Patch Notes - Version 1.6That's a lot of bugs he's fixing. Nice.Posted in: News
- To post a comment, please login.