- Registered Member
Member for 8 years, 4 months, and 24 days
Last active Thu, Sep, 14 2017 23:06:18
- 0 Followers
- 100 Total Posts
- 4 Thanks
Jan 2, 2013malao567 posted a message on X-Ray Mod with Opacity, Cave Finder, Fullbright (Always updated!)Where's the 1.4.6 version? I found another mod to use in the meantime, but I need to be able to select the blocks... i'm just too used to tracking down only one ore. Opacity is soo useful...Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Dec 25, 2012malao567 posted a message on Doctor Who Client Mod - Open Alpha Now Available to play NOW! (Bigger on the Inside, TARDIS Flight, Planets, Sonics & way MORE!)Posted in: WIP ModsQuote from Deathshandx
Hello! Merry christmas to you all. I just came across this mod, and i was wondering if it would be avalible for the new version of minecraft, or if it is even avalible yet? I would love to use it Although, i was wondering, what's the difference between a CLIENT MOD and a NORMAL MOD?
A Client Mod has it's own launcher. The mod's gonna be based around one of the earlier versions, 1.2.5 I think.
Dec 19, 2012malao567 posted a message on Doctor Who Client Mod - Open Alpha Now Available to play NOW! (Bigger on the Inside, TARDIS Flight, Planets, Sonics & way MORE!)I know millions of questions like this come around every day, but in an earlier post you mentioned that the DWCM was estimated to be released in early 2013. About what percentage of that do you have done, and will the deadline change?Posted in: WIP Mods
Dec 12, 2012malao567 posted a message on Doctor Who Client Mod - Open Alpha Now Available to play NOW! (Bigger on the Inside, TARDIS Flight, Planets, Sonics & way MORE!)Wait... but I thought that in Minecraft you played as an Isolus! (Watch "Fear Her") MY DREAMS ARE RUINED!!!!Posted in: WIP Mods
Dec 10, 2012The useless changes ARE important, especially to someone like me with a bad system who can't play without OptiFine on. The new additions have added so little for so much lag it's not worth me updating anymore, really.Posted in: Discussion
Now, it's NOT Jeb's fault, even though the decline did happen when he took over. At that point, Minecraft was a solid game. If Minecraft was just unchanged at the point Jeb took over, I would have still played it today. The ideas that they come up with after that update can't add necessary substance to the game, because that update added all of the substance that they needed. Because of the constant requests that come pouring in from all 7 MILLION people who bought Minecraft, the additions are rushed because of peer pressure, making the updates worse, making the next addition pressured to be better, etc. Also, because of the solidity of the last patch of the Notch era, anything else that Jeb could possibly add will just add fluff for the people who don't remember when the updates had substance, but they need to pump out updates, so the ideas have either been contrived, useless, or just worse versions of mods.
P.S. Fireworks look pretty cool, though. Good job on that
Dec 10, 2012Theyr'e all getting samey, even Yogscast humour isn't as good as it was.Posted in: Discussion
Tekkit with Duncan was the closest I came to a real, enjoyable experience. Otherwise, most of the Minecraft videos I watch have declined in quality exponentially for the sake of getting more videos out to appeal to the little kid fans who don't realize that good things take time.
Dec 10, 2012malao567 posted a message on The Most Fastest and Best Way To Find Diamonds! NEW TECHNIQUE!Two easier ways:Posted in: Discussion
1. Dig randomly, find a cave, find lava, dig randomly without going up and down
2. Get magic launcher, download Xray, apply, play, press X and filter out all other ores...
Dec 10, 2012malao567 posted a message on What are some stupid ban/kick/jail reasons you have seen or experienced?I generally avoid tosspots because I know how to browse servers, and I also know how stupid admins can be, including one of my friends.Posted in: Discussion
Because of my general ignorance on the subject, i'll just tell some stupid admin story anyway. At one point, I gained admin access on MY FAVORITE SERVER TO DATE EVER (it's down now, sadface) and I was happily trodding along, policing the server and improving our (pretty bad) castle we had for my faction, and this random kid (no idea who he was) just started saying "I hate you Mal" every 20-30 seconds or so... so I muted him (with the consent of other fellow admins I was talking to on Skype) and forgot how to unmute people. Luckily, I unmuted him the next day, so all was well.
Dec 3, 2012malao567 posted a message on X-Ray Mod with Opacity, Cave Finder, Fullbright (Always updated!)Get hopping on that OptiFine merge! I love this mod and Minecraft runs terribly on my machine w/ OptiFine.Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Nov 22, 2012Posted in: Server Support and AdministrationQuote from chmorin
MC (or rather Java) has a tendency to eat up RAM due to minor memory leaks that add up. It wouldn't surprise me if your RAM got full a some point during game play. Worth noting that the RAM usage is MUCH higher in game, where as it is much lower when you just 'sign in' to minecraft.
Did this just start after the recent update?
It did become worse, but I can kinda see what you mean. I can play for about 15 minutes without dropping from a fresh boot, and relogging fixes the problem somewhat. It's annoying on servers like the TF2 Minecraft servers.
Nov 21, 2012Ugh.I DESPISE hamachi. Go to portforward.com or look up "how to port forward" on google. It might vary for you, because it varies between routers. Here's how I did it in 10 not-so-simple steps.Posted in: Server Support and Administration
- Launch cmd.exe by going to Run or searching in the start menu (at least on vista, search cmd)
- Once cmd.exe is loaded, type ipconfig /all
- Find the Default Gateway. It should be near the top of the list, under "Wireless LAN Adapter"
- Open your browser of choice (Google Chrome for me, personal preference)
- Type the default gateway into the URL bar thing (the one that currently says "http://www.minecraft...n-my-server-d/")
- It should ask for a password. Username defaults to admin, Pass defaults to password (not sure, haven't done this in a while)
- This is where it might vary based on router. I have a Netgear router, so I got an option under "Advanced" to go to "Port Forwarding/Port Triggering.
- I clicked "Add custom service" and typed in the necessary information (IPv4 Adress goes under "Server IP Address", Starting and Ending port set to 25565, the default for Minecraft servers, Service type set to TCP/UDP, Service name something you can remember)
- Now for troubleshooting. If your server all of a sudden goes offline, you may have a dynamic IPv4 Address and in that case you need to change it. Just change the digits in the server address to the new IPv4 Address as listed in the command line.
- Have fun! It's a bit tedious, but WAAAAAAY better than Hamachi because anyone can join, and not just people who join the Hamachi service.
Nov 20, 2012malao567 posted a message on [1.3.2] SDK's Mods [v1] *Aug 18th ModLoaderMP Updated*can I get a 1.0.0 version of modloadermp so I can use the old Aether mod?Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Nov 20, 2012malao567 posted a message on [TOOL] MCNostalgia 2.1.2 (With GUI) Now works with 1.4.6!Posted in: Minecraft Tools
I'm not quite understanding the question.
The former answer answered my question. Thanks!
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Aug 6, 2011Enderman. My reasoning is that Notch originally based it off of the Slenderman meme, and once it was released to the general public, the name stuck. maybe Farlander would be a better name for a barbarian type mob that would terrorize NPC villages, supposedly migrated from the farlands, and if you defeated them then you would gen a lot of reputation among said NPC village.Posted in: News
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.