Ah okay that makes sense. I assumed I would create a preset then make settings, not make settings and save as a preset. If you can't fix that then you could just add a note: "Select settings before saving as a preset)
- Registered Member
Member for 3 years, 1 month, and 6 days
Last active Tue, Oct, 15 2019 20:30:46
- 0 Followers
- 8 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Aug 28, 2019Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Well that's odd, I was able to make a custom preset fine before, maybe when I fixed the world save bug, it broke the preset saving. One workaround for the problem would be to just manually edit the preset you made in any text editor since it seems to put every option into it default. And you will have to select the preset you want each time you go to a different world with a different preset, which is probably what Exalm was trying to do with that code that broke saving.
Now on the topic of adding Optifine features, it just doesn't seem to fit in the main scope of the mod really. It is a neat idea though, but first it'd probably be good to see if anyone else would really want it. And for the other controls, I suppose they could be added as a sort of back port of features, perhaps even other features could be back ported as well such as the better boats and such. But as said before I'll have to learn more Java unless some others wanna chip in and help out with it.
Awesome thanks. Yeah the 2 extra controls keybinding would be amazing, every other feature/idea is just a bonus and you're right it doesn't quite fit the aim of the mod. Also, I didn't know there was a config that we could edit so that's perfect I'll just make a copy of all my settings and if something ever happens I can just paste it back into the game. Also, yeah, I did select it when I did a new world right away. I knew this because I made, let's say, Preset 1 in World 1. It was working fine, then I created World 2 with the same default beta 1.7.3 generation, and pressed H then enabled Preset 1. I knew it didn't work because well, immiediatly in the top left corner "Minecraft 1.6.4" popped up and when i checked in the settings they were all of vanilla 1.6.4. Good luck with modding.
Aug 27, 2019Posted in: Minecraft Mods
I just wanted to come in here and say that I managed to fix the world not saving bug, which you can download here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/zwfozydgq8a5bci/OldDays+1.6.4.zip
Thanks for this works perfectly except I have a few things..
1) It seems like custom presets don't save and only apply to the world you are in. I go through the work of making one, then I go into another world and test it but it doesn't work, just gives me vanilla when I double click it. Then, I go back to the original world and the preset is reset. So basically you'd need a MultiMc instance for every preset and every world to save them.
2) I know optifine has some trouble working which sucks, but maybe adding in a few of the features could work? Like not the full optifine mod but some of the graphic improvements like anti aliasing and such. Also regardless of visual optifine features, an optifine toggleable zoom key would be cool to have and I have seen various modders add something similar, it doesn't seem that difficult. In settings you choose a key and when you hold it down it zooms in.
3) More settings/controls. Since we won't get a 1.7.10 version (which is fine imo, 1.7 messed up world generation and made it not as simple and cool looking), then it would be awesome to get the controls they added in 1.7 which is the ability to: Change F5 third person key (PLEASE), add in a sprint-key (PLEASE x2) so you can sprint fly and not have to double tap, and then there were a few more like the hotbar numbers for your inventory but not really necessary.
Sep 10, 2016m4rine_semperfi posted a message on Better HUD 1.4‑beta.3: Customizable Vanilla HUD and 25+ New In‑game WidgetsPosted in: Minecraft Mods
1) Create a new profile with 1.10.2 (Run it and make sure vanilla 1.10.2 is installed) -if you already have a 1.10.2 profile downloaded then skip this step
2) Remove all your mods from the mods folder and keep them for later
3) Head to http://files.minecraftforge.net/
4) Download "latest installer" and install it
5) Run the minecraft forge profile for 1.10.2 that you just installed, and make sure it works. Quit your game once you have done this
6) NOW, put your mods back into the folder. It is very important that you run minecraft forge first without mods, and then add the mods back in later.
If that still does NOT work, then do the same thing but use the "1.10 forge recommended" instead of the latest forge version.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.