2015-01-22: Released InstaTower 1.5.6 (Forge-1.7.10). Structures are built using comparable blocks from current dimension (overworld [default], nether, or end). Enclosed exposed tunnels. Eliminated lava and blocks above structure in nether to avoid lava rain. Made recipes much more expensive for better balance. Made recipes accept log, wool, and brick variants.
Feedback and suggestions are welcomed!
Thanks to scornsaber for the patches!
- Registered Member
Member for 4 years, 10 months, and 20 days
Last active Mon, Dec, 4 2017 13:46:44
- 0 Followers
- 8 Total Posts
- 3 Thanks
Jan 7, 2015Posted a very minor update that simply exposes the castle wall length setting in the config file and cleans up the comments in the config file.Posted in: Minecraft Mods
2015-01-07: Released InstaTower 1.5.4 (Forge-1.7.10). Added control of castle wall length, and cleaned up config-file comments.
Thanks again for all feedback that has been submitted!
Jan 6, 2015Thanks again for the feedback! ... I just posted an update that now has several new config options, which implements all of your suggestions from previous posts. Now, virtually every feature can be disabled, certainly all of the more OP ones. ... Let me know what you think.Posted in: Minecraft Mods
2015-01-06: Updated to InstaTower 1.5.3 (Forge-1.7.10). Added lots of controls via editable config file.
Jan 5, 2015Released update, InstaTower 1.5.2 (Forge 1.7.10), which includes new garden, wall, castle, and divining rod items, if you haven't seen the other updates. See OP. Some controls are also now exposed via editable config file.Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Dec 2, 2014Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Yes, that's really the main point. So many of the mods essentially create a new game on top of Minecraft. This mod allows you to jumpstart a new world and start enjoying the mod instead of spending days mining and building common stuff, so you can start enjoying the mod instead of doing the same thing again. ... It also encourages exploration of a single world. Without this mod, I rarely explore, because I don't want to get lost or lose my base that I spent so much time manually creating. ... This mod removes what was becoming tedious and limiting for me. I understand not everyone will agree, and that's ok.
Modpacks? What do you mean? Can you elaborate? My kids use some modpacks, so I'm familiar with the idea, but I'm not sure what you are asking.
Dec 1, 2014Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Update:2015-01-22: Released InstaTower 1.5.6 (Forge-1.7.10). Structures are built using comparable blocks from current dimension (overworld [default], nether, or end). Enclosed exposed tunnels. Eliminate lava and blocks above structure in nether to avoid lava rain. Made recipes much more expensive for better balance. Made recipes accept log, wool, and brick variants.
The core InstaTower item contains plenty of beds, well-stocked chests (diamonds, arrows, steak, rails, etc.). Plus, it has a beacon on top, so you can easily power-up and find your way home. The basement level has a tunnel, which descends to the lower levels of the world, where diamonds and other rare ores are more plentiful. The tunnel contains stairs, torches, and a circuitous rail line, which explores the mining tunnel and lateral run, and then returns. … The crafting recipe is comparatively cheap, although it requires items from later in the game (glow-stone, diamond block, emerald block, iron block, gold block, log, and stone-brick), so it is not too easy to craft.
The tower will always be rotated, so that the player is looking into the entry door of the tower, and the block clicked to place the tower will always be the “red-carpet entrance” into the tower.
The InstaGarden provides a complete garden, enclosed in a fence with gates and is well lit with glowstone to prevent hostile mobs from spawning in the garden. It can be placed adjacent to the InstaTower to provide a safe provision of sustainable food for the adventurous explorer. It also contains a few animals to start a farm or provide transportation.
When placed correctly, InstaTowers may be connected with an InstaWall item, which provides protected access between 2 towers as well as a connected rail line at the basement level.
Ultimately, an InstaCastle may be crafted using 4 InstaTowers, 4 InstaWalls, and an InstaGarden. This item correctly places 4 InstaTowers connected by 4 InstaWalls to create a castle with 4 independent mining tunnels and a large, single connected rail line that connects all 4 towers and explores the mining tunnels and shafts created by all 4 tunnels. The courtyard of the castle contains two InstaGardens and animals to completely satisfy dietary and transportation needs.
All structures adapt to their dimension. In the overworld, stone bricks, glass, and wooden fences are used. In the nether world, nether bricks, iron bars, netherack, and nether fences are used. In the end dimension, obsidian is used.
For many people, this MOD provides far too much structure and and far too many items for too little cost. To remedy this, many of the items and structures can be disabled server side by a editable configuration file, instatower.cfg, which is initialized by the mod. Default settings may be retrieved by simply deleting the file and allowing the mod to recreate it with default values. Virtually all of the the structures features (beacon, enchantment table, diamonds, food, anvil, rail lines, the entire basement level, etc.) except stones, lighting, and ladders can be disabled via this config file. The crafting recipes for each item may also be disabled, making the items only available to users in Creative mode.
An optional item is also included, the Divining Rod, which reports miscellaneous block data about any block right-clicked. This item and the provided info is handy for mod-developers but nothing more.
- Requires 1.7.10 version of Forge Mod Loader. (I tested against 1.7.10-Forge10.13.2.1230.)
- Download and install the InstaTower 1.5.6 (Forge-1.7.10) (JAR file inside ZIP) into the mods directory of your minecraft profile.
- Mod will initialize a config file upon first run, which can be edited to disable features and control tunnel depth and lengths.
- 1.5.6 (2015-01-22) – Structures are built using comparable blocks from current dimension (overworld, nether, or end). Enclosed exposed tunnels. Eliminate lava and blocks above structure in nether to avoid lava rain. Made recipes much more expensive for better balance. Made recipes accept log, wool, and brick variants.
- 1.5.4 (2015-01-07) - Added control for wall length in castle. Cleaned up comments in config file.
- 1.5.3 (2015-01-06) – Added many more switches in the config file, so that most of the features (including beacon, library, anvil, brewing stand, stocked chests, rail lines, basement level, etc.) can now be disabled via the config file.
- 1.5.2 (2015-01-05) – Separated InstaTower into new InstaGarden and updated version of InstaTower. Created new item, InstaWall, which creates a long wall with basement. Created new item, InstaCastle, which places 4 InstaTowers, connected by InstaWalls, with a InstaGarden in the middle courtyard. items. Added config-file control of tunnel presence, depth, length, and whether valuable ores are cleared or not.
- 1.20 (2014-12-31) – Added basement with descending tunnel and long lateral runs at bottom of tunnel, complete with rails, torches, and carts.
- 1.10 (2014-12-28) – Added rotation of structure based on player’s facing direction. (When placed, player will always be looking into entry door of tower, and structure’s location will be offset such that the red-carpet will lie upon block clicked to place tower.) Fixed all glitches associated with chests, doors, and crops. Added new “divining rod” item, which reports block id, name, coordinates, and metadata to log, which is useful for MOD developers.
- 1.02 (2014-12-23) – Moved config file inside JAR file. Deprecated external config file.
- 1.0.1 (2014-12-1) – Initial release.
Bugs and Errata
- Water in Tunnel - Water may slowly, very rarely leak into tunnel after construction. This is difficult to predict and cannot be easily avoided without completely sealing the tunnel, which would eliminate discover of neighboring shafts, tunnels, and caverns, which I do not want to eliminate.
Blog and CodeFor more info including link to Git repo, see: http://www.trevorbowen.com/2014/11/30/minecraft-instatower
Suggestions and feedback are welcomed!
Screenshots - See Attachments
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.