While I do like this idea, there is ONE big flaw; what if a player choses to wear armor pieces from multiple sets?
As a workaround, maybe each piece of armor could contain a certain amount of an ability which all adds up to
equal the specified ability powers you've mentioned.
Also, I think weight ought to apply to more or less everything, and not just the few things you mentioned. Some
examples of other applications of weight:
- Higher total armor weight could increase your sinking speed and decrease your rising speed in water. At a certain
weight, sinking could become unavoidable.
- Higher weight creates more downward pull when gliding using Elytra.
- The heavier your armor is, the less knockback you take. Could be seen as either good or bad depending on your situation.
- Heavier chestplates slow down attack speed.
- Heavier armor causes faster fall damage growth; taking fall damage while wearing too much armor might inflict Slowness 1.