- Registered Member
Member for 7 years, 6 months, and 8 days
Last active Fri, Oct, 17 2014 15:32:59
- 1 Follower
- 56 Total Posts
- 4 Thanks
Aug 14, 2013jengo3 posted a message on "SURGEON SIMULATOR" IN MINECRAFT - Heart Transplantill give it a tryPosted in: Maps
Jul 30, 2013So today I heard on Mojang.com that they were talking about adding cherries! I had some ideas for the cherry idea!Posted in: Suggestions
Where do they spawn?
The cherries would spawn in cherry trees found in forests. The leaves would probably be pink like Mojang mentioned. (The wood would be oak)
How would you get them?
You would get them the same way you get apples. The average tree yields 2-5 cherries!
Are there saplings?Yes, Mojang even said that there would be saplings. The saplings would probably be pink.
Can you eat them?
Yes,you can eat cherries! cherries would heal 1 hunger point each.
Can you make something special with cherries?
Yes, you can make cherry pies! You would make them the same way you would make pumpkin pies but with cherries except for a pumpkin! The pie would heal 4 hunger points
Follow this post for news and updates!!!
- To post a comment, please login.
Apr 29, 2012blitzscrank posted a message on [ADV] Pokemon Johto in Minecraft! ~ 1.7.2 ~ IN-GAME POKEMON NOTEBLOCK MUSIC! 375,000 DLs+ (ONLY WORKS IN MINECRAFT 1.7)Posted in: Maps
Welcome to my third pokemon map! After finishing Kanto and Hoenn, I've decided to
build Johto! This map is in progress. Johto is pretty much done and two kanto cities
are complete. This map will include the Heartgold and Soulsilver versions of Johto
and Kanto. It will include Johto and Kanto as well as Mt. SIlver.Please leave a
comment and help support the map!
Also if you like Unova more, check out my Unova adventure map!
(Last updated- July 8, 2014) : Minecraft 1.7.9:
Map Download [1.7.9]
HOW TO DOWNLOAD:
Please refrain from posting this download and resource pack on any other website without my permission. I would appreciate it if all downloads could only be retrievable from here and planet minecraft.
CUSTOM RESOURCE PACK (Updated for 1.7.9) :Click me for download!
Johto is more than 90% complete. Kanto has been started BUT not all of it that I have built is included in the save yet.Credit to Rileyvace for the texture pack.
New Bark Town - Winds of a New BeginningElite Four *NEW*Cherrygrove CityViolet CityTrain from Goldenrod (Johto) to Saffron City (Kanto)Goldenrod CityPokelathon and the National ParkEcruteak CityMahogany TownRoute 44 (Johto)Cianwood CityPallet TownViridian CityLake of RageRandom Route?LegacySUPPORTERS- ChaosPillager- Meherethere- CosmicJohn- Ebilby-madser445-shotgunz25-PokeMew1-acrios90-flaming910-surfingpikachu
Hoenn map:* (Some houses may be empty, not that good )
Play if you love box houses
Kanto map:* (About 75% of map was built without any mods. Only invedit and mcedit)
Not recommended to play. Really bad...New Bark Town Completion time: 35 minutesCherrygrove City Completion time: 27 minutesViolet City Completion time: 70 minutesGoldenrod City Completion time: 4 hoursEcruteak City Completion time: 210 minutesOlivine City Completion time: 65 minutesCianwood City Completion time: 50 minutesMahogany Town Completion time: 45 minutesBlackthorn City Completion time: 75 minutesRoute 29 Completion time: 45 minutesRoute 30 Completion time: 45 minutesRoute 31 Completion time: 25 minutesRoute 32 Completion time: 55 minutesRoute 33 Completion time: 5 minutesRoute 34 Completion time: 25 minutesRoute 35 Completion time: 30 minutesRoute 36 Completion time: 20 minutesRoute 37 Completion time: 15 minutesRoute 38 Completion time: 25 minutesRoute 39 Completion time: 45 minutesRoute 40 Completion time: 20 minutesRoute 41 Completion time: 40 minutesRoute 42 Completion time: 15 minutesRoute 43 Completion time: 30 minutesRoute 44 Completion time: 40 minutesRoute 45 Completion time: 60 minutesSprout Tower Completion time: 60 minutesNational Park Completion time: 55 minutesBurned Tower Completion time: 45 minutesMt Mortar Completion time: 50 minutesLake of Rage Completion time: 60 minutesIce Path Completion time: ~120 minutesDark Cave . Completion time: 1 hourSafari Zone In ProgressPokelathon In progressViridian City Completion time: 2 hours and 35 minutesPallet Town Completion time: 1 hour 30 minutesPewter City Completion time: 2 hours 30 minVermilion CityLavender TownCeladon CityFuchsia CitySaffron CityCinnabar IslandRoute 27 Completion time: 35 minutesRoute 26 Completion time: 1 hour 20 minutesRoute 22 Route 3 Completion time: 35 minutesRoute 1 Completion time: 30 minutesRoute 2Route 4Route 5Route 6Route 7Route 8Route 9Route 10Route 11Route 12Route 13Route 14Route 15Route 16Route 17Route 18Route 19Route 20Route 21Route 23Route 24Route 25Route 28 Tohjo Falls Completion time: 45 minutesPokemon League Reception Gate Completion time: 25 minutesVictory Road Completion time: 45 minutesViridian Forest Completion time: 1 hour 30 minutesDiglett's CavePokemon Tower (Lavender Town)Power PlantRock TunnelSilph Co
TOTAL TIME SPENT ON MAP SO FAR: 43 hours 8 minutesIf you care please press that It really encourages me to work faster! If you really, really love this map and want to support me, feel free to donate!I'm open to constructive criticism and advice! I give updates on my youtube channel! Go subscribe
Feb 9, 2013Unilegger posted a message on More Multicolored Wood Items[Petition and Reddit Post Added!]PETITION DETAILSPosted in: Suggestions
I have started a petition on personally notifying Mojang about this idea.
Here are the details:
If I get 1000 "YES"s than I will send this idea to Mojang via Twitter, Email, or Postage.
If I get more than 500 "NO"s I won't.
If I get 500 "NO"s after I get 1000 "YES"s I'll still send the idea.
If I get 1000 "YES"s after I get 500 "NO"s I'll won't.
Please vote seriously. If you don't want to vote for the petition, just click "Indifferent"
In 1.3 we got new types of wood that correspond to the log they come from, but only 3 blocks are actually those colors: the normal blocks, slabs, and stairs. Lets add more.
All of these are for aesthetics.
Each idea is rated by a 5 star rating of their importance of being added.
= Probably shouldn't be added
= Probably won't be added
= Good Chance
= Could be added
= Should be added at all costs
There could be two ways that crafting works.
IDEA 1: The output of the crafted item will be based on which wood type is most used. If there is a tie between the items, the output item will be oak type.
IDEA 2: By Ouatcheur, Crafting the items will of course, be the exact same, but trying to crafting something will multiple colors will give you the color that is used the most in the ingredients. In case of a tie, the 'winning' color will always be the one from the ingredient that has the smallest Block-ID (or damage value, for tied-in-number ingredients that all have the same smallest Block-ID).
To me, the way buttons mixed into the block they're made of was a great hidden redstone advantage. Adding multicolored buttons won't be too much, just a way so you can hide buttons on multiple wood types.
The same reason behind the buttons, plates can be hidden to the block they're made of, plus can be used for tables.
Multicolred sticks would open up new available colored blocks. The sticks, however, will not create multicolored tools.
One problem though is that the texture of the current sticks is the same color scheme as the spruce planks, so either the Oak sticks will have a new color, or the Spruce sticks will be darker than their block color scheme.
Multicolored Doors, Fence Gates and TrapDoors
If anything, doors appear on every house, and it would be nice for the doors to match colors of their houses. Trapdoors, and fence gates too could match multicolored fences and the color of houses.
Fences gates will also have their type depended normal, so different sticks or planks will be no different.
A commonly suggested idea, obviously since fences are used a lot. They match many aesthetic perspectives for biomes.
Multicolored Chests and Trapped Chests
What belongs in every house and is needed by every Minecrafter? Yes it's chests you dummy.
Why not? Their wood colored, great decor, and they don't have any current aesthetic advantages.
This would also include Trapped Chests. No better way to make a trap insuspicious than disguising it as a regular looking chest.
As a full block itself, bookshelves should've been color compatible in the first place.
Suggested by Fortanono.
Color signs add an aesthetically appeasing decoration so you can make letters mix into the background, and make those fancy couches.
Also, due to how dark Spruce and Dark Oak is, the text for them will be automatically colored white to make them easy to read.
Suggested by numerous souls.
Color ladders makes your wood colored house more appeasing, blinding into a block's background, and adding more decoration options.
Crafting tables are largely composed of the wood texture, making them stick out like a sore thumb. Although not having large decorative uses, it can make houses more symmetrical.
If they ever implement wool color based beds, this could go along with it, quintupling the possible mixes. Of course that would also make a complete mess of inventory... so this probably shouldn't and won't be added.
Believe it or not, this revolutionary redstone objects are decorational as well. They can be used as fancy tables so multicolors could help you with your interior, plus, can help you hide the pistons with the wood background.
(Pictures Coming Soon)
Multicolored JukeBoxes and NoteBlocks
Although they're largley different from wood textures, they can pimp up your houses. Note blocks can have their song sections color-coded to keep your songs organized.
I maybe abandon this idea. There's a question in the poll if you want to support it staying or leaving.
(Pictures Coming Soon)
Multicolored Item Frames
It's a bit unfair that your stuck with the birch wood for your item frames. Like signs, the multicolored item frames could mix into their backgrounds, making it more appeasing.
Whats a better way of sprucing up (pun intended) your docks than having boats of different colors? Better yet, you could have boat races with different colors!
When these boats crash they will drop planks and sticks according to their type.
I mocked up some photos for what the blocks might actually look like. I wasn't able to take pictures of placed bookshelf blocks because the side textures messed up.
Acacia Wood Items
Dark Oak Items
There is also a mod containing the fences and pressureplates that someone has brought to me.
If you have a Reddit account please consider upvoting to support the idea here.
Here's a banner for support.
Oct 1, 2012Posted in: SuggestionsThe Nether Above Bedrock- Adding a SurfaceThere have been tons of suggestions on expanding the Nether. Sure the Nether could be improved with new mobs and structures, but I think the Nether's size is just fine height-wise. This thread is different than those other, redundant threads. This thread adds a whole new surface world above the Nether. Now before you say, "You idiot, why would we want a SECOND overworld?!?" read on...
This will be no ordinary world. The fiery Nether lava below powers a dense tropical jungle above. But first before describing the jungle, how do you get there?
All Nether portals, no matter the height, spawn you underground. In between the below-Nether and the tropics above are lava pools. The layers go as follows (from down to up): Netherrack, lava lakes, stone, dirt. So the only way up is to:
a:) Safely put blocks on the lava to make walls around your staircase.
b:) Drink a Fire Resistance potion to survive the lava.
c:) Use a ventilation shaft. (More on this below)
d:) Climb a Nether Fortress. (More on this below)
Now before I dig (get it?) into this suggestion, here are some technical aspects.
- The sky around the Nether must change to a greenish-blue color, with clouds and a sun.
- The Hell biome plants and vegetation should be colored a jungle green.
- Day and night, but beds still blow up.
Note, I will refer to the jungles above the Nether as the "Tropics", not meaning to copy the mod Tropicraft. The landscape in the Tropics is hilly in the jungles, but with smooth beaches with shallow oceans. There will be up to four by four trunks on the biggest trees. There are also smaller, one block wide trees and bushes along the ground.
The beaches in the Tropics have one tree: the palm tree. The palm tree is a jungle wood tree that grows on sand. To plant one take a jungle sapling and plant it in sand instead of dirt. They're one block wide trees, and can be ten blocks tall. If they are three or less blocks from water, they will grow leaning toward the water.
Oceans are up to five block deep bodies of water, except the water is a new water block called "Tropics Water" or something along those lines.
Trenches are also generated. They can be as short as five blocks, or as long as 20. They can also be different widths, from one block wide to five blocks wide. Trenches are pits right to the Nether below, so it's literally a straight pit to Hell.
Mobs:There are several new mobs implemented into this land. Most of them are hostile and will attack you on sight.
Health: 10 hearts
Size: Two blocks long, one block wide, and two blocks high
Attack Strength*: Two hearts
Details: The raptor is a hostile, pretty fast mob. It spawns in the jungles
Health: 8 hearts
Size: Two blocks long, two blocks wide, and one block tall
Attack Strength*: 1.5 hearts
Details: The pterosaur is a flying mob that is neutral. If you have any food in your hand it will attack you. It usually flies 10-20 blocks above the ground.
Health: 15 hearts
Size: Five blocks long, 1.5 blocks wide, 1.5 blocks tall.
Attack Strength*: Three hearts
Details: The serpent is a water mob that spawns in the oceans of the Tropics. It attacks you when you get 32 blocks or closer. Sometimes in deeper water it grabs you and pulls you under, from which the only way back up is by hitting it on the nose
Health: 25 hearts
Size: 12 blocks long, two blocks wide, six blocks tall
Attack Strength*: Four hearts
Details: The t-rex is a rarer monster that is very strong and powerful. If you get near it, you will most likely die, unless you hide in a hole, climb a tree, or are very well prepared. The t-rex attacks by ducking it's head down and snapping at you. It runs fast, and is armored on all it's body except underside.
*On normal difficulty
Structures:There are some new structures implemented, and a previous structures in the Nether is updated.
Nether Fortress Updates-
Details: If this is implemented, then there would be a new addition to Nether Fortresses. Nether Fortresses that spawned above block 64 have an uncommon chance to spawn a tower. Now this tower is a 5 by 5 block structure that takes you up to the surface. The tower is a staircase that spirals you up. It passes by the lava lakes, and around that area the Nether bricks turn to regular stone bricks. When you emerge, you are in a new structure.
Size: About 20 blocks long, 20 blocks wide and ten blocks tall.
Details: These strutures are made of stone brick (mossy and cracked too) and are where the Nether Fortresses connect to the surface world above. The Pigmen Temples have chests on the second floor, with valuables. Zombie pigmen spawn inside this structure. If you take something from the chest, they all attack you.
Images coming soon!
So thanks for reading! Please comment and give a +1 now!If you have any suggestions, especially for mob drops, TELL ME.Please fill out the poll at the top of the post.And if you want to make a mod PM me!
Jul 19, 2013So I heard that for Minecraft 1.7 they had plans for Ocean/Biome related updates for it so I thought about a new biome they could implement called 'Tropical' Biome.Posted in: Suggestions
It could have cool coconut trees and palm trees that have a different type of wood that's got a rough and dark texture and it could have coconuts growing at the top! The biome could have awesome beaches that go along the outside and they could have shells that you can use to craft various items (It could also be used for trading with villagers).
A cool addition to the biome that will make it worth visiting are villages that are made from the coconut wood and possibly some new blocks that are going to be part of the 1.7 update! The trades that the villagers have can be biome related and horse related because sometimes dungeons can be hard to conquer.
Going back to the trees, the coconuts can be used to make coconut juice which can heal 2.5 hunger things and just normal coconuts can heal 1.5 hunger things.
I think this could be a cool addition and maybe a lot of others might like it because you guys seem to like new biomes and villages!
Jul 19, 2013So i went to the aquarium today for my birthday. I got the idea to build a underwater mansion that had aquariums and stuff. Then i was like, wait a minute... Minecraft doesnt have fish or sharks or anything. just dumb old squids. So what if when you were fishing you could see fish in the water. What if sharks swam through the waters of mine-craft as a mod that could do some damage to you. It could completely change minecraft!Posted in: Suggestions
So fish could swim in the oceans and to make it easy on the minecraft team they could add a new species of fish for each update. That way we would all have more to look forward to when mine craft updates. They would not do damage but if you caught them you would still get a raw fish and then when you cook it a cooked fish. Same old same old but some fish would just be different shapes and different colors so that way it would be cool to have an aquarium on public servers and stuff.
So in the real world we all don't like spiders, but the keep the insect population low so that is what sharks would do with fish. They would lurk in big bodies of water and feed of the differnt kinds of fish. when they got prey maybee the water could turn red. Also they would eat humans too and animals. They would have maybee 10 hearts and would be a good battle especially for being in the water. Also when you kill the sharks they would drop either a shark tooth, which could be made into a dagger or something, a shark skin which would be leather basicly, or my last idea would be a strech. IF you killed a shark they could drop a shark head which you could either hang it on a wall like a mob head or player head or you could put it on your head like a pumpkin or helmet and you could have the ability to brethe underwater.
I think it is a good idea and would give minecraft that one little push it needs
CLICK THAT SUPPORT BUTTON!
Jul 19, 2013Wither, Snow Golem and Iron Golem do not need to have spawn eggs. They are made by using blocks.Posted in: Suggestions
The Ender Dragon would be bad. It'll cause chaos, along with it causing a lot of destruction.
And finally, the Giant is no longer in the game and only be spawned via 3rd party programs. And technically giants have spawn eggs, but they are for the mob that replaces the Giant.
Feb 20, 2013jde posted a message on UPDATED PIX: Gryphons (Balanced flight for Survival mode)ATTENTION TO SUPPORTERS: Please support us on Reddit. This may be our best chance of getting Mojang to notice Gryphons and have them added. Please click here, upvote, comment and help us get an active discussion going: http://www.reddit.co..._survival_mode/Posted in: Suggestions
(See below for more concept art. Above screenshot is photoshopped, not a mod. All art by Papertiger)
DISCLAIMER: Please note that this is not a mod, nor a mod suggestion. This is a suggestion for Mojang to add to vanilla Minecraft.
Hello! I would like to share my ideas of how Gryphons might be a good addition to Minecraft. After deciding to post my suggestion here, I did a search and saw that there have been a few posts about Gryphons throughout the past few years. But they were quite different from what i had in mind, focused on a wide swath of mythical creatures, or mod/add-on related.
My hope is that others will share my vision for simple, balanced, non-immersion-breaking, Mojang-style Gryphons to be added to Minecraft in a future patch.
Here it goes:
A way I could see Gryphons fitting into the Minecraft universe is that in an "Extreme Hills" biome, you could find a nest either on top of a mountain, or on the side of a cliff. I imagine the nest would only be one or perhaps two blocks large and in the shape of an eagle's nest. In my opinion, the player would never see a wild adult Gryphon. The only chance they would have at seeing a Gryphon would be if they raised one themselves. Thus making them FAR more rare and special. Almost like finding diamonds. If the player were lucky enough to find one of these nests, and endured the journey to reach it, they would see an egg sitting in the middle of the nest.
The player would then follow these steps to hatch, raise, saddle and then ride their Gryphon:
- The player would take the egg from the nest and bring it back to their home/cave/castle/dwelling and place it on a block of dirt underneath a torch.
- The player would then have to wait a couple of in-game days.
- After a few days pass, a baby Gryphon would emerge.
- The player would then have to feed the baby Gryphon meat or fish once a day for a couple days.
- After a couple days of feeding, the baby Gryphon would grow into an adult, ready to be saddled.
- The player would then place a regular saddle, the type used on pigs, onto their newly raised Gryphon.
- Upon being saddled, the player's new Gryphon is ready to be mounted. But that doesn't mean the player can have unlimited, overpowered flight. No sir.
Just because the player has a Gryphon doesn't mean he or she is able to fly anywhere they want with no limitations. Far from it. This will be nothing like flying in creative mode. It will be a slight advantage over regular walking and jumping that the player will have earned.
- Instead of unlimited flight, like in creative mode, a Gryphon rider's flight would be slightly challenging yet still useful. Much like how boats function in Minecraft.
- In order to take off, and to stay in the air, the player would have to press their space bar for every flap of their Gryphon's wings. This means that the Gryphon, just like the player, is effected by the game's gravity. That way, it wouldn't feel like cheating. This may sounds difficult, but i think it would lead to a much more immersive Gryphon flying experience!
- Traveling via Gryphon would sometimes be slightly faster and more convenient than walking on foot, but in some cases it would also be a FAR worse alternative to walking. For example, trying to fly your Gryphon down into and through a cave would be a TERRIBLE idea.
If you have built a giant castle like my brother and I have, which i'm sure MANY of you have, then I have a feeling you'll understand why I think the best use for a Gryphon would be to quickly reach one of the top floors of your castle without having to climb all of it's inner stair cases and ramps.
But there would be many, many more uses, such as:
- Getting past mountains a little faster than on foot, and without the need to eat as much.
- Flying over lakes or rivers instead of having to swim.
- Safe late night traveling. That is, unless you get shot by a skeleton's arrow
- Being able to leave from the top floor of your castle or other large dwelling.
- FUN! Or atleast i think it would be.
The last thing I would ever want is to suggest an idea that would ruin the immersion of Minecraft. I believe this idea would be game fitting for Minecraft because of the wonderful animals Mojang has already put into the game. When I think of Gryphons in Minecraft, I can just picture an in-game Gryphon done in Mojang's wonderfully simple yet beautiful art style... All block-ish and colorful
No more than a boat would be. You would hardly be able to aim at someone with a bow, let alone actually hit them with an arrow from it. Hitting a player or mob with a sword would be even harder. In order to deal damage to anything, from bow or sword, you'd have to land your Gryphon and completely stop moving. At that point, you would actually become vulnerable due to lack of mobility (You cannot walk or run on a Gryphon, only fly. And take-off isn't instant, due to the need to flap your Gryphons wings.). This is not a mount intended for combat.
Thanks for reading and sorry for the giant wall of text.
I would like to thank Theriasis for their wonderful guide on how to post on the suggestion forum. I tried my best to follow their advice!
CONCEPT ART :
Click this spoiler for even more concept art and photos.
Dimninds!NOTE: This photo is an inside joke and purely for fun. We do NOT suggest that Gryphons should EVER shoot diamonds. Or dimninds. Click this spoiler to proceedRoostsSpecial thanks to Papertiger for all of the awesome concept art, avatars and signature banners!
You guys have given me many awesome suggestions so i decide to place the most game fitting and balanced ones here:
Disclaimer: I will try my best to describe your guys' ideas and list the names of the people who have suggested them. Let me know if i miss something!
Disclaimer II: This thread is rapidly gaining support and unfortunately i can't always keep track of who has suggested what. I'm most likely to miss some people who deserve credit, sorry. Let me know if i do!
0. HEALTH, HUNGER AND MORTALITY (pinballboy7, Droideka30, Papertiger, zeel, ErasmoGnome, IonicTiger): One of the most talked about suggestions. The idea that tamed Gryphons should have health, hunger and be killable by mobs, other players or enviromental conditions (lava, etc.). It has also been suggested that if your Gryphon gets hungry enough, it will bite/peck at you in frustration, buck you off if you attempt to mount it, or even go off and eat wild animals and/or livestock (pigs, chickens, sheep, cows).
1. Soaring (Papertiger, Droideka30, zeel, crazeenuthead): You should be able to hold down the space bar to make your Gryphon soar, once you have already achieved altitude and speed
2. Wild adult Gryphons in the sky (Papertiger, Paradox01010, zeel): You shoud sometimes be able to see wild Gryphons flying high up (out of reach) in the sky. Perhaps flying in the direction of where a nest and egg is. This would most likely be rare.
3. Walking (Kisdee, RobertFrans): Instead of strictly being able to fly and hop, a mounted Gryphon would be able to slowly walk on the land as well. It would be unable to move up and down blocks (like a pig), but you could just press spacebar to flap its wings in order to hop up to where ever you are trying to get.
4. Breeding (Droideka30, Papertiger, zeel): If you are lucky, and skilled enough, to obtain two Gryphon eggs, and now are the proud owner of two Gryphons, you should earn the right to breed them. Once Gryphons breed, they would lay one egg. It has also been suggested that tamed Gryphons can only breed during a full moon and that when bred in captivity, Gryphons need a "Brooding box" in which to lay their eggs. See Papertiger's brooding box concept art here
5. Gryphon melee attack (Paradox01010, zeel): Your Gryphon would be able to do damage and/or a knockback to enemies that you dive at with it. This would be hard, but if you were able to steer your Gryphon properly, you would inflict damage fairly.
6. A special way to take the egg (Moosemunchee, zeel, RobertFrans, IonicTiger, zapper990): The idea that the player shouldn't simply be able to punch the Gryphon egg until it breaks and then pick it up. Perhaps the player would have to use a pickaxe with the Silk Touch enchant, a piston, minecart and rail, diamond pickaxe, shovel or something else. It has also been suggested that Gryphon nests and eggs should spawn only in the spring and despawn in the fall, meaning that you can never find them in the winter.
7. DOGFIGHTS! / Sky Jousting/ Sky Duels (bebe33, Papertiger, Paradox01010): It would be awesome, wouldn't it?
8. Visual roll while turning (bebe33): The idea that a Gryphon should roll slightly while turning, for visual effect. Much like how a bird rolls as it turns in real life.
9. Pitch (bebe33, zeel): The idea that you should be able to pitch your Gryphon up and down while flying. Pitching it downwards will increase your forward momentum. Pitching it upwards will increase altitude.
10. Thrust (zeel): The idea that you should be able to choose the level of thrust per wing flap based on your timing and space bar usage. (Half flaps, full thrust flaps, etc).
11. Wing angle and banking (zeel):Quote from zeel
Wing angle: Space bar controls flapping, the W A S D keys control the angle of the wings. W angles them down/forward, S andgles back, A and D angle them opposite each other (A: left down, right up. D: left up, right down). This causes role/banking, witch lets you turn, basically A and D let you turn. Flapping while holding one of the W A S D keys will cause thrust in that direction. With W flapping will thrust you forward (no keys basically only gives you upwards thrust), accelerating you. S will cause the flap to come forward, giving reverse thrust, to slow you down (or fly slightly in reverse when taking off). Flapping with A or D will tighten the turn.
Turning: I have already mentioned two ways to turn, but here is the in depth part. Holding W and looking will cause a very slow turn, holding A or D (whatever direction you wish to turn) will cause you to bank in that direction, this makes the turn much tighter. Using both turning methods at the same time is even better, and causes you to bank much more. If, once you have banked to the maximum level, then flap the wings you will turn drastically in that direction, though you will lose a lot more speed than you would in a normal turn.
See also zeel's ideas for flight mechanics
12. Armor! (zeel, papertiger, Droideka30, IonicTiger): The idea that Gryphons should be able to equip special Gryphon-only armor. There would be leather, iron, gold and diamond versions. The better the quality of the armor, the higher movement speed penalty the Gryphon would suffer due to the weight. It has been suggested that you only find these pieces of armor in Strongholds.
13. Inventory (papertiger, Droideka30, zeel, IonicTiger): The idea that you should be able to place an item similar to a saddle bag or pouch on your Gryphon's back that would act as a chest and the Gryphon's inventory. This may or may not be where you would equip Gryphon-only armor at.
14. Talon grab (SkarmorySilver, papertiger): The idea that your Gryphon should be able to grab things with it's talons on command while mounted. Possible things Gryphons could grab: mobs, players, items, blocks. To make it balanced, if your Gryphon did grab a mob or player, the mob or player would still be able to aim up and attack the Gryphon and/or it's rider. With this form of balance in mind, the player would be able to use it's Gryphon to drop mobs from great heights, inflicting falling damage. This would be at the risk of the Gryphon and the Player's health and well being, however.
15. The Spire (IonicTiger): Click here to view IonicTiger's idea for a Gryphon nest atop a spire:
What if the nest, instead of spawning on the side of a cliff, would spawn on a massive spire that, depending on the hight of the mountain it spawned on, would range any where from a mere twenty blocks high, or a staggering hundered blocks high, and wouldn't end until it reached a few blocks above cloud level, thus forcing you to fight the adult gryphon?
The spire would be a jagged piller of rock, twisted and craved by the wind, as it has stood for a millennium, awe inspiring by its sheer size.
The design of it would have to be carefully considered; if too thin in, it would look a bit... strange; I would prefer it to be at least 7 blocks by 7 blocks, but, players would be able to tunnel right under the tower (assuming that it was hollow), and build a dirt tower to come out right under the egg.
You could fill the inside of the spire with lava, but this would be massively off theme.
Possibly the easiest solution to this problem would be to have to tower made of obsidian, and it would not be hollow. You could tunnel under it, but it would be easier to just fight the mother.
Also, as a few pages back there was talk of gryphons, being the most noble of beasts, collecting treasure, why not have blocks of gold, diamond, and emerald embedded in the spire?
They (the aforermetioned valuable minerals) would randomly spawn in the outer most layer of the spire, but there would only be a maximum number of only six blocks spawning in a tower that could be a hundred blocks high, so even getting them would be a mighty challenge.
16. Lance and saddle mounted lance holder (firewave15): firewave15 has suggested that there should lances and saddle mounted lance holders that the player could use from Gryphon and also possibly Horse back. The saddle mounted lance holder would be required in order for the player to maintain control of his mount whilst using a lance. The lance would do damage based on the speed that your Gryphon is traveling upon the point of impact with an enemy. The lance would have a longer reach than a sword, making it ideal for mounted combat. But it would be useless for anything else. The mounted lance holder would most likely break after a set number of uses, perhaps 50.
17. Fear of fire (IonicTiger): The idea that Gryphon's should be afraid of fire, and will not fly within 5 blocks of any fire. This would add balance to PVP ground vs air combat, making players on the ground slightly more defended from Gryphon riders. Players on the ground would still be vulnerable to a Gryphon rider's bow and splash potions, however.
Quote from IonicTiger
It would prevent gryphon riders from totally dominating the battle-field, but would be small enough as to not render gryphon useless in PVP.
CALL TO ARMS... AND TWEETS... AND REDDITS!
I encourage all of our supporters and/or bannerlords to tweet @Dinnerbone and @Jeb_ so that they can become aware of Gryphons and perhaps add them in a future patch. It worked for the "Colored glass" suggestion. They tweeted and got noticed and now have a good shot at having their idea added. We can do it too, guys!
DON OUR BANNER!:
Copy and paste this into your signature:
I shall name all those who don our banner! (Let me know if i missed ya):
Papertiger, zeel, Droideka30, empoleon53098, Pinballboy7, Ram9bo, Withnothing, IonicTiger, EmeraldDragon225, SkarmorySilver, gugus294, Xweetok_II,
Sh4rp_Blade15, Minor107, xSatuim, Concerer82, Riggzon, Zbakkar_Herobrine,
Starhowl, Mobius762, shadowyblade, theorangecreeper, EpicGamer, Sylveon,
King_Of_Wolf, enderman_guy, Rex1900Roblox, BGgames, Euclid243, Techdolpihn
purebloodedgriffin, firewave15, zeuslightning125, Jetstream_Xeno
EDIT LOG: There are now some concept screenshots further on down this page in a recent post. Added a game breaking? section. Added amazing concept art, avatar and banner by Papertiger. Added a "Supporter Suggestions" section. Added a poll. Added "tweet and support us". Added banner info and bannerlords. Added more concept art inside of spoilers. Added call to arms... And tweets, replacing the old tweet section. Added a disclaimer about this not being a mod or mod suggestion, but rather a vanilla suggestion.
- To post a comment, please login.