I can get the battery charged, its getting the power from battery to the electric furnace thats makes the whole set up explode.... is there any guides etc to let me at least use the electricty i built up to power anything? IC2, etc wasnt this infuriating to get power to at least turn on a item.. without BOOM. i got a large map i been working on, but it be nice to have lights around it..
The converter is taking the power more quickly than your setup is able to handle. The batteries are overheating from transferring power too quickly.
You might try lowering the maximum power of the converter block (by right-clicking it and adjusting) and/or adding more batteries to your setup until the load is sufficiently divided among the batteries as to not cause overheating.
The reason it doesn't explode when you charge it is because you are charging it slowly enough that it doesn't overheat.