This is one of my first attempts at making a minigame... But at a larger scale.
I am building it in Bedrock, but plan on trying to port it over to Java once I'm finished,
The game is simple:
Two teams are teleported to identical floating 'islands' across from one another. The players will then try to knock the other team off of their island by throwing fireballs. The fireballs will cause damage to the islands as well as deal a bit of knockback. One team wins when the other teams' players have all fallen off their island.
- A large arena to house the islands. Status: Completed
- A large lobby that overlooks the arena. (Here you will choose which islands you want to play on). Status: Completed
- Selectable islands (different islands to choose from). Status: %40 (2 out of 5 levels completed).
- Fireball throwing. (It has a short cooldown). Status: Completed
- Special effects. (Fireworks, sounds, etc.). Status: Not started
Features That I Want To Add:
- Multiplayer. (2 or more players on each team instead of a 1v1). EDIT: This map will be able to do 1v1's and 2v2's!
- Powerups. (Invisibility, jump boost, quicker cooldown for the fireballs, etc.). EDIT: Thanks to ItsDandD this will all be happening + many more!
I will check things off once I finish them.
As of today, I have the 101 block wide sphere for the arena complete and detailed (see attachments). It looks amazing in person, even more so for myself, because I hand placed the 26,000+ blocks. I am currently in the stage of filling it a bit less than halfway with water (hence all of the signs... also handplaced, but with the help of ItsDandD). The water will be what the players fall into once they fall from their islands. It will also detect them, put them back into the lobby, and decide the winner(s).
The attachments you see show parts of my progress on the build.
Huge thanks to ItsDandD. He will be setting up all of the command blocks so that everything runs smoothly.
I will keep you all updated!