Quote from ViperZeroOne
Well, I purchased a server last night at about 8PM EST. I have to say it was up and running really fast, only took a few minutes. That said, I've been waiting over 12 hours now for a reply to my support ticket for the following reasons;
- They use Multicraft as their interface tool, which requires a login.
- They apparently automatically generate this login information (as my E-Mail is in use).
- The login password doesn't match the password I used on the Minerack site.
- Didn't receive any E-Mail with the login information for Multicraft, or any "welcome" E-Mail at all.
- Waiting on my dedicated IP as well (in the same support ticket) as it's not automatically assigned.
So I've had this Minecraft server for over 12 hours now and, in my personal opinion, it isn't setup yet. I have no way to add plugins. I have no way to add security features. I have no way to admin the server. I don't have a dedicated IP (which I paid extra for). Thus, to any intelligent individual, the server is not setup. Anyone can flip a switch and turn on a minecraft server, but the lack of support during the initial setup phase has me really wondering if I made a good decision purchasing a Minerack server. Since signing up I've noticed a few things that give me pause;
- Their Skype looks like they're using someone's personal account, which is a little unprofessional.
- No welcome E-Mail (as stated earlier).
- The only way to contact them (other than skype) is via support ticket.
- Their terms of service have restrictions on "Reviews", which isn't even legally binding.
- Their terms of service have restrictions on "Disrespecting Minerack", policing what users can say.
- They only give a 3 day refund policy, which is hardly enough time considering how slow support is.
- They have a 15% penalty for refunds, which is unjustified as you already pay $2 for your server setup.
- You have to provide proof of THEIR downtime in order to get credit for it. Is that even possible?
- Grammar problems in their Terms of Service. Unless they only have 1 support staff.
- Knowledge base is EXTREMELY small and is missing knowledge on several basic problems.
That said, I'm actually canceling my service with them and requesting a full refund as they haven't provided what I purchased. If they refuse my full refund I'm going to launch a dispute through PayPal. They can't argue that they provided me with the service I ordered... I didn't get a minecraft server (since I couldn't administrate it). I didn't get a dedicated IP address. I got nothing from them, and wasted 12 hours.
I am sorry you had this experience. There was a hiccup with our automatic system for sending product information and it appears you were a victim of it. As for the lack or response I admit the few of us were away for a period of time and did not have the time to visit every ticket. I will refund you since this is our fault and am sorry that it ended this way.
Chief Business Officer Minerack