Quote from Onestar
- ~Magic~, love that stuff. Anything magic related from Ars Magica, to Thaumcraft, to Mysticraft (sort of magic?). Give it to me. Now. Do it.
- Anything new that's going big in popularity right now?
- anything old that I've probably definitely missed?
- texturepacks!!!!!! need that stuff too. Bonus if you find texturepacks that have mod supports.
- On that same note anything that enhances visuals like really nice water effects or something. Wind? I heard there was a wind mod now I don't even know what that means but I love wind.
- lots and lots of generation. Im talking about stuff from tons o boimes to the massive terrain generations that modpacks like the hexxit adventure from the technic launcher.
- farming? Trees? I love agriculture stuff and making it all really technical and dynamic. Love making massive gardens.
- ADVENTTTTUREEEE. Seriously though I love building just as much as I like to take out massive bosses and face huge challenges, then head back to my wonderful home and chill out.
- Forge. Ain't going to get anywhere without it.
- Well... Ars Magica and Thaumcraft 4, obviously. But there is also Thaumic Tinkerer that you can add to Thaumcraft 4.
- Open Blocks, Extra Utilities, Morph, Thermal Expansion 3 and Morpheus if you are on a server with a few friends.
- There's probably at least half a dozen shaders packs. You shouldn't have any need of Optifine. I know Tropicraft adds wind, but beware of tornadoes.
- Biomes-o-Plenty, Natura, Twilight Forest, Mystcraft. Many mods add their own dimensions too.
- Forestry (with or without Extra Bees and Trees), MineFactory Reloaded, Thaumcraft, Agriculture possibly, Growthcraft
- Twighlight Forest, Better Dungeons, Dungeon Pack (mod), mDiyo's Adventure Maiden (or whatever he's calling it now) Pack.
- Logistics Pipes (for Buildcraft), Applied Energistics, Iron Chests, Inventory Tweaks, NEI is a must (In Recipie mode), Enderstorage, Tinkers Construct
Making your own pack is easy, though you have to manage support yourself it does allow for removal of mods you have no intrest in, and Forge will sort out item IDs (until Mojang does away with them) and loading them into the jar for you. Just put the files in the mod folder.
Incidentally, you'll find most if not all of these in FTB Monster and Direwolf20 Packs.
If you want a challenge to survive, Magic Farm will probably kill you within an hour. At least initially.