This mod allows you to modify the main menu using a json file, you
can modify the content / position of pretty much everything the vanilla
menu contains. In addition you can also add new stuff to your menu like a
slideshow, web links or completely new sub menus.
After your first run with this mod the only difference you should
notice is that there is an additional button added in your main menu. If
you look in the config/CustomMainMenu folder you will notice a file
called menu.json. In there you will see all elements the vanilla main
menu has, modifying the content and pressing the refresh button ingame
will allow you to instantly see what changes you made (You can remove
the refresh button once you are happy with your result). Everything in
there should be fairly self explanatory if you have ever worked with
json files. See the Pages for more Information about the different stuff you can add to your menu.
All cursive properties allow a random value. Example: "text"
: ["Text1","Text2","Text3","Text4"]. One of the values will be selected
randomly every minecraft run.
For the texture / image / text property it takes a resource location
(or (for images) if you use web as your resource domain an url to an
image online). You can add your own resources ones using either a
resource pack or Resource Loader (easier).
If you don't wanna go through all the links you can also go to the images tab to see some of the results.
Config/ Result (Custom button text colors & textures)
- Config / <- Slideshow example
- Config /
- Coming Soon (Also if you have made something nice feel free to post the config & an image of it)
Some of these examples might not work / look properly with the latest
CMM version due to changes in the format, they will still provide
insight on how the stuff displayed in the example was done though. Also
some of these examples might require custom images, these will therefore
also look a bit weird when you use them yourself.
- Textcraft: Websites to generate "logo" type text stuff.
- Minotar: Simple way to get a players skin / head / whatever through an url. Can
for example be used together with "web:" to get the avatar of the user
as an image.
Before creating an issue on github make sure that:
- Your json file is actually valid json (Run it through an online json checker)
- All your resource locations (For example paths to images) are completely lower case (In the json file and your file system)
- You aren't missing any properties / sections that aren't optional.
- That your property names are 100% correct
- If you get missing textures create a folder called debug in your resources folder. That will cause Resource Loader to print a line to the
debug log whenever it can't find a file minecraft requested. (Debug log
can be found in fml-client-latest.log). Make sure the file path is 100%
correct (On Windows you can try to "run" it using Win + R)
If you have suggestions on what you want modifiable or wanna report a bug you found please do that on my github issue tracker and not on curseforge :).
Feel free to use this mod in any modpack :). You don't have to send me anything. https://mega.nz/file/FN5EFQKS#6Qm5ZLP3OkFnkKKY_LuYctKVYX1gaegtS8TlTrveKEA