- Registered Member
Member for 11 years, 4 months, and 23 days
Last active Mon, Oct, 31 2016 12:27:30
- 0 Followers
- 779 Total Posts
- 61 Thanks
Jun 9, 2014MG unless you're talking about a different tweet from the one we discussed before, they did not use the specific phrase "a very long time."Posted in: MCX360: Recent & Upcoming Updates
OP - the easiest way to answer this question is to look at the PC development history and try to figure out how far into it the xBox360 can go. then you calculate approximately one version step every six months (which may be a little fast now that 4J is handling next-gen too).
MCXBLA is currently at 1.3PC (with a little 1.4 content brought forward). If you look PC1.7 was another massive change to the world generation system. The addition of massive biomes makes no sense in the limited MCXBLA worlds, so I predicted that 1.7 (non-biome content) will be as far as MCXBLA goes. I think it is also likely given that such a schedule will also take about a year to 1.5 years to accomplish, which would put us right around 3-year mark from the introduction of the xBone and the likely tail of general support for the 360.
In other words, expect 3-4 more content updates and then that's it.
Apr 1, 2014I feel ashamed that I actually went and looked at this. Of course I knew that TU15 was not even on the horizon yet, I but I thought maybe the OP had something useful to say. In short he doesn't.Posted in: MCX360: Recent & Upcoming Updates
Mar 7, 2014Posted in: MCX360: DiscussionQuote from Cire360
Hes not right HernDiddy, hes basically blaming all the mechanics that are not in place yet, and or that were bugging and blaming it on the xbox hardware, imho hes blowing chunks.
It might be your opinion Cire - but you're wrong.
There was no broken mechanic in TU12 - the villager breeding worked (and continues to work) exactly like it did on the PC. The horizontal axis design made by Mojang leads to villagers breeding and then not being counted for the purposes of the limit. Surprise, surprise, when these cells happened on people's machines and spawned massive amounts of villagers, it overtaxed the system and they crashed. QED. It's not a bug - it's how Mojang designed villager breeding to work, I don't know why - seems like a very stupid design choice, but it is what it is. 4J is not going to go back and create a brand new breeding system; they are not creating code, they are porting. If you don't like the limitations of the 360 - go play on a PC. Continually whining about how "the game ought to be able to do this," is counter productive and, frankly, annoying as hell.
Your idea about an association table is certainly how villager AI should have been developed in the first place. Why they didn't do it that way, I have no idea except to note, if you permanently associate a villager to a single door instance, you preclude moving villagers from one village to another. You also would have to do should additional coding to address what happens when a particular villager's door is broken. Not saying it's impossible - but coding would be very complex. When you look at what we do have, it's pretty clear that Mojang just took the easy road.
Mar 5, 2014Posted in: MCX360: DiscussionQuote from don242
My suggestion is because the biggest complaint everyone had in TU12 was that the racket they were making was annoying because all villagers tried to cram into one or two houses and then the door kept opening and closing. So then in TU13 they added an unecessary cap. The cap just reduced the population but didn't reall address the problem. Raise the cap limit, but just change it so that only so many can go into each house. Then nobody will complain about the racket.
nope - the reason they implemented the cap had very little to do with "the racket." If you go back and read the bug thread, numerous people reported infinite breeding cells resulting in game crashes (despite what Cire claims). They instituted a hard cap to prevent the infinite breeding problem.
The fact is that it's actually pretty easy to accidentally create an infinite breeding cell if your building villages in hilly terrain. Several of my sculpted villages have areas that would devolve into infinite breeding cells, and I know what I'm doing. Since the majority of this audience has not nor will ever consult the wiki, the majority of the audience will never have a clue regarding why infinite cells occur. 4J has to program to its common user, not forumcrafters.
Move the cap limit to 100. That should be enough to satisfy people worried about trading and still prevent game-breaking situations.
Feb 28, 2014electricblooz posted a message on Official MCX360 Twitter Update Thread | September 30thI predict the following:Posted in: MCX360: Discussion
TU14 second week of April (no way they make March - maybe first week in April).
TU15 bug fix last week in June (provided they don't need an emergency bug fix like they have the past couple of releases).
TU16 October (taking us to 1.5 and picking up the items from 1.4 that are still missing).
TU17 bug fix last week in December (again ignoring emergency bug fix issues) Horses, applicable parts of 1.6.
TU18 April/May - parts of 1.7.2 - also last content update for MCXBLA360. I suspect they will bring in Stained Glass, some of the new fish mobs, they will not do the biome shift, 360 maps are too small to support it.
Most of you are forgetting that 4J's focus has now shifted to next-gen. They will continue to support 360 fully through 1.5 and will grab the applicable (non-server/command based parts of 1.6 and 1.7).
Jan 24, 2014electricblooz posted a message on Official MCX360 Twitter Update Thread | September 30thAnvils, Cobblestone walls, Desert/Jungle Temples confirmed for Tu14?Posted in: MCX360: Discussion
Also Potatoes, emeralds, and carrot on a stick?
Not certain what the item in the first inventory box on the second picture is, maybe a tripwire hook?
check out 4J's latest tweet, but don't worry about the Mooshrooms ;-)
Nov 26, 2013electricblooz posted a message on Is 4J studio trying to distract us from Title Updates?Posted in: MCX360: DiscussionQuote from BlazenBehemoth
I doubt very much that they are trying to distract us, I think that they are just to busy trying to get Minecraft up and running with the release of Xbox One and PS4 to care about the 360 update.
I don't blame them.
People need to get it through their gorram thick heads. MCXBLA360 is the redheaded stepchild now. The P3 version will be in the exact same boat the day it is released (i.e. it will be obsolete on the day it is released). The console industry has moved on to the next-next gen hardware and game developers will have to move on as well or become dinosauers.
Will 4J continue to update the 360 and Ps3 verisons? Yes, they have said they will, so we have no reaason not to believe them.
Will updates to the 360 and Ps3 versions come slower and be less of a focus for 4J? Yes, they are a company who has to make money so they will focus on the next-gen platform versions.
Will 4J eventually quit updating the 360 and Ps3 versions in favor of the next-gen platform versions? Again, Yes, the 360 and Ps3 versions are within 2 years of the end of their lifecycle. I fully expect to get 1, maybe 2, more content updates on the 360 version and that will be it. I predict we will see the last content update for the 360 version next Fall.
This is the way it is people, no amount of self-absorped ranting is going to change the business logic. If you don't like it, adopt a next-gen console and wait for the next-gen versions to come out. Personally, I find MCXBLA360 to be perfectly fine and could live with it just as it is right now until they close the 360 servers. There are no major bugs (and, no, I do not count the "map-frame, End crash" a major bug - just don't go to the End, derp), frame rate is fine unless you are building massive redstone contraptions and even that issue has been largely figured out by building with glowstone. The addition of texture packs has been an excellent expansion to the game that has allowed some interesting opportunities (even if I don't like all of the packs).
I admit, i would love to get the advanced redstone logic stuff (hoppers, droppers, comparators, switched repeaters, etc.) But, in all honesty that's just wish-listing at best. (I'm hoping those items might be in our last update.)
Nov 21, 2013I don't see how you say you can't use the Skyrim pack in survival (with the exception of the sugar cane change) Wool blocks are used exclusively for building purposes (unless you're doing "survival pixel art"????) so what's the problem?Posted in: MCX360: Recent & Upcoming Updates
- To post a comment, please login.
Jul 7, 2012cmpenney posted a message on Official MCX360 Twitter Update Thread | September 30thPosted in: MCX360: DiscussionOffcial Minecraft Xbox 360 Twitter Update Thread
Twitters to Follow
Great thanks to rtjamerson13 for creating and ensuring the upkeep of this thread for so long! The thread will now be updated by myself until further notice.Basically any news coming from validated Twitter sources will be added to this list. (Newest additions being added to the top.)News I've Added:
2015 - Update
Wii know what this means... Do U?
- Star Wars Skin Pack coming out today!
- Update enabling the Halloween, Star Wars, and Halo packs is rolling out now.
- TU25 will be released tomorrow.
- FREE Minecon 2015 Skin Pack will be released tomorrow.
- TU25 Change log view-able.
Bug fix update rolling out now.
Bug fix has been handed over to Microsoft.
The Simpsons skin pack heading to Xbox 360 Edition.
2014 - Updates
- Did we mention horses? 1.6.4 Trailer!
- TU 19 Is out! Rolling out now!
- Having trouble dismounting Minecarts? Read your tool tips!
Doctor Who Skins II out tomorrow!
New tutorial world screenshot with castle.
Festive Mash-Up pack available now!
Festive mash-Up pack available this Wednesday!
A look at the next update gameplay and Wither!
A look at the new interfaces we will be seeing in the next major update!
Star Wars skin pack out now!
Fireworks, minecarts with tnt, hoppers, and much much more!
Horses, Donkeys, Name Tags, Leads all coming to the console versions next update!
Fireworks for the next update.
Withers coming with the next update!
Horses, hoppers, and hay bales?
Beacons and Redstone Blocks anyone?
Doctor Who Skins Volume 1 out now
Equivalent to 1.6.4 for next update!
Doctor Who coming to Minecraft.
Update coming to transfer saves from the 360 to the One
Guardians of the Galaxy Skin Pack coming August 1st
Cartoon Texture Pack now released!
MCX360 Saves transferable to MCXBONE
Skin Pack 6 available now!
Super Time Force Skins in Skin Pack 6|
State of Decay Skins in Skin Pack 6
Mirrors Edge Skins in Skin Pack 6
TU16 Bug Fix is out!
Happy Birthday MCX360. Skin Packs rolling out shortly
50% Skin and Texture Packs. (Except Marvel)
TU16 Is a Bug Fix Update
Marvel Spiderman Skin Pack!
XBox360 Saves will transfer to XBOne!
Candy Texture Pack Released!
TU15 Rolling out!
Candy Texture Pack out on April 18th!
12 Million copies sold!
TU15 Handed in for Cert. testing.
TU14 Out now!
TU14 In Cert. testing!
Host options in action and villager trading!
More host options?
City Texture Pack Out Now!
City Texture Pack Available Friday, March 7th!
New interface shows lots of new goodies!
Check back later for trading / anvil interface screenshots!
Sideways logs, carpet, ender chests and more!
If this has helped please take the time to give a +1 to the rep down there.I hope this helps, and will continue to update regularly.
2012 & 2013 - Updates
- 21 Dec '13 - Marvel Skin Pack available Dec. 23!
- 14 Dec '13 - All Skin/Texture Packs 50% Today only!
- 13 Dec '13 - MCX360 Sells 10 million Copies!
- 11 Dec '13 - New Fantasy Texture Pack!
- 04 Dec '13 - New Secret Skin Pack Soon!
- 20 Nov '13 - Skyrim MUPack is out!
- 17 Nov '13 - Skyrim MUPack due on on the 20th!
- 15 Nov '13 - 4J's looking into possibly transfering saves from 360 to One. No promises.
- 15 Nov '13 - Skyrim MUPack Trailer has released, check it out!
- 11 Nov '13 - Skyrim MUPack almost ready for a release date.
- 11 Nov '13 - TU14 Still a long ways off.
- 01 Nov '13 - At Minecon? Try out the Skyrim Mash-Up Pack! 01 Nov '13 - Skyrim Mash-Up Pack otw to MCX360!
- 31 Oct '13 -
Remember to pick up the Halloween Texture Pack by the 3rd!
- 24 Oct '13 - Halloween Texture Pack Revealed! Grab it tomorrow!
- 19 Oct '13 - Natural Texture Pack has been released!
- 13 Oct '13 - 4J's Twitter Header reveals possible higher resolution texture pack?
- 09 Oct '13 - Battle & Beasts skin pack 2 is out!
- 02 Oct '13 - Keep an eye on 4J's twitter header next week!
- 02 Oct '13 - Nature Texture Pack still in the works.
- 02 Oct '13 - Plastic Texture Pack has Arrived!
- 02 Oct '13 - Texture Pack Ad on Xbox a mistake?
- 02 Oct '13 - TU13 has passed Cert Testing!
- 25 Sep '13 - All versions of Console Minecraft code will be the same on all platforms.
- 25 Sep '13 - Mob spawning above Y128 Working as intended.
- 25 Sep '13 - Preview of Texture Pack Friday! Pack will also have a Free Trial.
- 21 Sep '13 - Did someone say medieval?
- 21 Sep '13 - Texture Packs information!
- 20 Sep 13 - TU13 in Cert Testing!
- 18 Sep '13 - TU13 to be finished up for cert testing this week.
- 12 Sep '13 - Rails doubled in speed for TU13
- 02 Sep '13 - TU13 Is a Bug Fix Update.
- 01 Sep ' 13 - No Skins for Mobs in Mash Ups?
- 01 Sep '13 - More Mash-Up Packs to come in the future!
- 01 Sep '13 - Mass Effect Mash-Up details
- 01 Sep '13 - Trail for first Mash-Up Pack!
- 23 Aug 13 - TU12 Passed and is rolling out now!
- 21 Aug '13 - Minecraft in development for Playstations 3, 4, and Vita.
- 09 Aug '13 - TU12 is in Cert Testing!
- 05 Aug 13 - Almost ready for Cert Testing...
- 02 Aug 13 - A trial Mash Up Pack is all you need if a friend has it!
- 31 July '13 - Skin Pack 5 is available for purchase!
- 25 July 13 - Sneak Peak at Skin Pack 5
- 25 July 13 - But what's a Mash Up Pack?
- 25 July 13 - Bug Fixing and Texture / Mash Up packs compatibility!
- 19 July '13 - New TU12 Screenshot! Mob heads, 3D item entity models, chiseled stone bricks, tamed ocelots!
- 17 July '13 - Skin Pack 5 coming soon!
- 15 July 13 - We'll post a change list...
- 15 July 13 - We're Bug Fixing...
- 05 July 13 - We're still working on TU12...
- 27 June '13 - No texture packs yet, but texture pack support comes with TU12
- 10 June '13 - MCX360 will continue receiving updates alongside Xbox ONE
- 29 May 13 - Build height increased.
- 29 May 13 - Jungles, Cats, Iron Golems, and more!
- 20 May '13 - Horses will be included in the future!
- 20 May '13 - TU12 Will include all of Java version 1.2.3, plus more!
- 10 May 13 - TU11 Rolling out!
- 07 May 13 - Battle & Beast skin pack is released tomorrow
- 07 May 13 - 1st Birthday surprise FREE skin pack!
- 07 May 13 - TU11 is Microsoft Cert testing!
- 24 Apr 13 - TU11 will be another bug fix release
- 15 Apr 13 - TU10 has passed Microsoft Cert test! Release April 16th!
- 12 Apr 13 - TU10 is in Microsoft Certification testing
- 09 Apr 13 - TU Bug Fix Update. Waiting to go into Cert. Testing
- 04 Apr 13 - Some users experiencing lag in the End
- 04 Apr 13 - 4J is working on reports of lighting issues
- 04 Apr 13 - Issue with Silver Live users loading saves
- 04 Apr 13 - TU9 Rolling out early, Available on April 4th
- 01 Apr 13 - TU9 has passed Cert testing! Release April 5th!
- 23 Mar 13 - Update is in Cert testing and change log has been posted
- 21 Mar 13 - TU9 Trailer Released
- 19 Mar 13 - TU9 Trailer should be out this week
- 19 Mar 13 - Bug fixing almost complete for TU9
- 13 Mar 13 - Skin Pack 4 released!
- 11 Mar 13 - TU9: Still working on bug fixes
- 11 Mar 13 - Skin Pack 4 to be released on 13th of March
- 6 Mar 13 - Dragon Age skins are coming
- 04 Mar 13 - Not in cert testing yet
- 27 Feb 13 - New screenshot, colored wood, wood buttons, more
- 26 Feb 13 - Avatar Items and new pic of the end
- 25 Feb 13 - Screen shots of Skin Pack 4 will be out this week
- 21 Feb 13 - Minecraft Avatar collection coming soon
- 20 Feb 13 - No upsidedown stairs in TU9
- 20 Feb 13 - TU9 will have beaches
- 20 Feb 13 - Sheep will regrow wool
- 20 Feb 13 - Screenshots of new features in TU9
- 19 Feb 13 - Texture packs being worked on No release information
- 14 Feb 13 - Nether reset slated for TU9
- 14 Feb 13 - TU9 will not have jungles or ocelots
- 14 Feb 13 - Spawn eggs are coming
- 07 Feb 13 - No TU9 update in February
- 29 Jan 13 - Ender Dragon will be in TU9
- 29 Jan 13 - Climbable vines slated for TU9
- 29 Jan 13 - TU8 will be released on Wednesday Jan 30
- 28 Jan 13 - TU8 Changelog released
- 15 Jan 13 - Villager professions will be in future update
- 14 Jan 13 - TU8 will have very little "New" features
- 10 Jan 13 - May be able to switch to Pre-TU7 biomes in the future
- 08 Jan 13 - Skin Pack 4 is in development
- 07 Jan 13 - The End planned for TU9
- 22 Dec 12 - Ensure Fortress, Blaze, Wart in worlds
- 22 Dec 12 - Bug fix for TU7 will be out in Jan.
- 17 Dec 12 - TU7 to be released on Dec 19th, Merry Christmas
- 17 Dec 12 - Details on TU7: Breeding, Brewing, XP, etc
- 15 Dec 12 - No time limit for Festive Skin Pack
- 13 Dec 12 - First Look at Festive Skin Pack
- 11 Dec 12 - Festive Skin Pack to be released 19 Dec
- 11 Dec 12 - Festive Skin Pack will be 80 MSP
- 07 Dec 12 - Iron Golems will be in a later Update
- 7 Dec 12 - No jungles or ocelots
- 7 Dec 12- Ender Pearls will teleport
- 7 Dec 12 - No date for release at this point
- 6 Dec 12 - Update to include new enchanting system
- 6 Dec 12 - Key Additions in 1.0.1, Includes breeding, potions, etc
- 6 Dec 12 - 1.0.1 Announced without the End
- 29 Nov 12 - Diamond Theme released
- 19 Nov 12 - Started work on Texture Pack support
- 18 Nov 12 - Skin Animations coming
- 15 Nov 12 - Problem with posting screen shots in Facebook
- 15 Nov 12 - 1.8.2 Bug fix is rolling out
- 8 Nov 12 - 1.8.2 Bug fix heading to Cert Testing
- 26 Oct 12 - Halloween Skin pack for Charity is out
- 24 Oct 12 - Option to quick clear creative menu being added
- 24 Oct 12 - Charity Skin pack with 55 skins will release on the 26th
- 23 Oct 12 - Gold apples made with ingots until nuggets are introduced
- 23 Oct 12 - Pumpkin seed crafting will be added in 1.8.2 patch
- 18 Oct 12 - Bugs are being worked on
- 19 Sep 12 - Future updates shaped from community.
- 9 Sep 12 - Possible update between 1.8.2 and 1.2.3
- 17 Jul 12 - Map size increase being looked at
- 16 Jul 12 - Why zombies drop feathers
- 09 Jul 12 - Looking at custom maps and mods for inspiration for future DLC.
- 07 Jul 12 - There will never be classic crafting like PC
- 07 Jul 12 - Little chance for making your own skins in future
- 27 Jun 12 - Animal breeding in 1.2.3
- 27 Jun 12 - Possible photo sharing on twitter
- 25 Jun 12 - Rental servers in discussion
- 26 May 12 - Achievements will only be released with DLC
- 21 May 12 - Sign Censorship details
- 16 May 12 - More hints towards "Mods" in the future
Mar 25, 2015Urban_Blackbear posted a message on Official MCX360 Twitter Update Thread | September 30thPosted in: MCX360: Discussion
Pretty much, yes. I'll still be getting it cause its only $1.
Sep 15, 2014Geneo posted a message on New York Times and Others Reporting Microsoft Buyout of Mojang ImminentAnd from Mojang themselves: https://mojang.com/2014/09/yes-were-being-bought-by-microsoft/Posted in: Discussion
They say "there's no reason to stop" supporting MC on Sony products.... but I still seriously, highly doubt it.
Jul 21, 2014Urban_Blackbear posted a message on Official MCX360 Twitter Update Thread | September 30thThe new Cartoon texture pack looks great. Definetly see the early cartoon influences. I especially like the madness present in all the various tools. Nice job.Posted in: MCX360: Discussion
Jul 12, 2014Posted in: MCX360: Recent & Upcoming UpdatesQuote from PotatoRuler
Guys. 4J will continue to update the 360 edition as much as the xbox one ,PS4, and PS3. They will all be on the same versions, the only difference would be: Xbox One and PS4 will most likely have bigger worlds. They wouldn't just stop updating, not everyone has a spare $400-$500. They would lose players if they stopped updating it.
They will stop updating the Xbox 360/PS3 version eventually. It may take a year or two, but it's going to happen eventually.
Jun 26, 2014Danger_D_Dangerous posted a message on MC:PE Updates Thread [LATEST: Possible Snapshot Release Tomorrow!]Posted in: MCPE: Recent & Upcoming PE Updates
Yes, It has taken a while for the updates to be released on Amazon, especially when v0.6.0 was releasedQuote from electricblooz
what is the typical lag between the update being released and it being populated to the Amazon App store? I've heard that it in the past it can take a while.
around a year and a half ago. By the way, I got MCPE from amazon and by mid-late 2013 updates have been appearing
around the day as the update was released, so v0.9.0 should be coming out to Amazon on time.
On the other hand, Twitter is not crashing anymore so here is that link.
And here's another one
Now Friday really looks like the submittin' day!
Jun 20, 2014Update for those who don't know:Posted in: MCPE: Recent & Upcoming PE Updates
It's not like PC crafting. Merely shows the recipe IF it were PC. It's still the same "Click the button to craft" style, only re-skinned.
May 8, 2014MinecraftinLikeCrazy posted a message on Official MCX360 Twitter Update Thread | September 30thPosted in: MCX360: Discussion
how disappointing... it sounds as if its gonna be yet another dull, dry, and dreary MUP (Mash Up Pack).Quote from Creative1
Halo is the new mash-up pack, couldn't get the link for the pic, that website kept "not responding".
- To post a comment, please login.