I heard so too, but either it´s never removed, or it was added again. The thing is, endermite used to spawn when endermen where attacked. That is removed. Now they spawn every now and then when you throw a pearl. This trick only works when you spawn one with a pearl, and it doesn´t work with a spawn egg. Maybe that´s where the confusion comes in. Anyway, the endermite lure the endermen and around the endermite is a gap with open trapdoors where the endermen fall down. You can see what happens in the first 20 seconds of Docm´s video here, although my design is quite different from his, it´s the same idea.
- Registered Member
Member for 10 years, 7 months, and 15 days
Last active Mon, Jun, 12 2017 12:04:28
- 4 Followers
- 399 Total Posts
- 203 Thanks
Apr 3, 2015Posted in: Survival Mode
Thanks man! Glad you like it! When i started playing minecraft years ago, i only played creative, so i got to practice building a lot. I also often try out things in creative before building them in survival.
Recently i have been building an endermen farm. One with the endermite, and it´s very effective. There is a spawning platform with 1,080 spawning spaces and an endermite in the middle surrounded by a gap with open trapdoors. Then there is a 43 block drop, to get them to one hit kill. The building has 2 floors, one with the platform they land on, with hoppers to collect the pearls into chests, and one floor underneath that with a place with water where i can put a TNT directly under the platform they drop on. It takes only a few seconds for them to fill up the platform again. When i kill them manually, i can´t even keep up, they spawn quicker then i can kill them.
Now i just have to build a railway from the island and polish up the place a bit more. Get an enchanting set up i guess.
Here´s some pics:
Starting the build. You can see the beginning of the two floors, with the landing platform in the top-middle
Lol, this guy spawned in the box where the TNT is going to be placed eventually. Got himself stuck.
A lot spawned already when building the platform
Finishing up the build
This is the box i´m going to spawn the endermite in, by just tossing enderpearls until i get one.
I placed a rails, where i can put a minecart to capture the endermite. It only took a few tosses to get him, but them i made a very stupid mistake. I forgot the nametag! I have to name him of course, otherwise he´ll despawn. Trying again....
And there it is. Lots of endermen in no time.
Down here i place the TNT
And up here i collect the XP
Here are the pearls collected, also on the first floor.
I´m very happy how this turned out. It didn´t seem to work in 1.8.1 so i switched to 1.8.3. I don´t know if that´s correct, but seemed like that. I also had to experiment a little with the placement of the endermite, it´s seems that it has to be in the right line of sight. That could also have been the problem.
Mar 26, 2015Posted in: Survival Mode
Thanks guys It´s been a few days, so i thought it was time for an update. Not a big one, been mainly decorating a bit and polishing up the place a bit.
I did one little project that turned out to be a lot of work, or... at least take a lot of time. I wanted to add something cool. I always wanted to build something more organic than just buildings, but that´s more something you´d do in creative, so i decided i wanted to do a statue. A dragon would be nice. I found a tutorial for a medium sized dragon statue and tried it out in a copy of my world in creative first. I was moving it around a bit to see where it would fit.
Then i decided to build it in my real world, in survival. Nice challenge i thought. Well, that took a lot of time and many stacks of dirt for scaffolding...
Anyway, i guess i should just show you.
Looks a bit better from a distance. This is where it sits.
I had to go down at one point to get something and looked up at all the dirt up there...lol ..that was just the beginning
I also did a bit of gardening around the castle, i want to add a nice garden around it, but not sure how and what, just fiddling around a bit.
And inside, did the bedroom which turned to very nice i thing with this texture pack. I understand that some might prefer default, and i have to admit, that i miss it sometimes, but this one looks so cool IMO, i can add so much more detail using the various custom blocks
Lying in bed listening to some music. (i got "Mall" from a creeper the other day, and i really like that record)
That´s it for now. Let me know what you think of the dragon, because i´m not 100% sure yet, although i think it adds to the settlement, and i can´t do much more with it. This was a pain as it was enough
Dragon statue design by TheEvilSketch: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfrssapJnDLuXZ5ZjDEzUAg
Mar 24, 2015eldon posted a message on What's the best and worst thing you've caught while fishing?Posted in: Survival Mode
That wiki says that if you have both lure and LOTS then the chance of catching a treasure is lower then when you only have LOTS. That's weird... Is that correct?
Mar 22, 2015Posted in: Survival Mode
Because you only have one hand in minecraft, and that one hand can only be used to hold something, break something or place something... so even if you can do amazing things, you´re basically physically impaired in this game.
Mar 22, 2015Posted in: Survival Mode
The weird thing with sponges is that they drain 6 blocks of water in the direction of north, and only 5 blocks of water in the other directions. So to have sponges to be the most effective, you should always work in the north - south alignment when draining a monument.
Mar 22, 2015Posted in: Survival Mode
For anyone who´s interested, i spend a little time in my test world to set this up. It was a little bit more complicated then i had in mind, but it works perfectly now. I´m not a redstone expert, and only know the basics so that is what i combined here.
If anyone knows a more compact set up, please let me know. (of course this one can be build more compact, but this is just a test)
It works like this.
The pressure plate activates a T-flip-flop with two short pulse generators connected to it, where one of them is reversed. If you walk over the pressure plate one time, one of the pulse generators is activated and when you walk over the pressure plate a second time, the other one is activated. The left one is connected to a dispenser with flint and steal to activate the portal and the right one activates a two pulse generator with a dispenser with a water bucket to deactivate the portal. The two pulse generator was needed to eject and subtract the water quickly.
Mar 21, 2015Posted in: Survival Mode
If you think that there is something wrong (whatever you mean by that) with people who care about someone asking a question on this forum, wether it be a noob question or not, then you should not be here in my opinion. I think everyone deserves respect and an answer if they have a question. If you don´t have an answer and just don´t care (and assume no one else will) then there is no point in replying to a post.
Mar 21, 2015eldon posted a message on My dragon egg went through the end portal... help!Posted in: Survival Mode
If you´ve slept in a bed somewhere in the overworld, then you´ll spawn near that bed when you go through the portal.
The egg is at your original spawn point, where you entered your world for the very first time.
You probably have to look around for it a bit there since eggs have the ability to teleport when updated.
- To post a comment, please login.
Aug 28, 2014Posted in: Survival ModeWelcome to my Survival World!
So one day, I got bored in real life and had no idea what to do with the remaining free days of my school break. To kill my boredom, I decided to play Minecraft after a 4-month hiatus from playing the game.
First things first, I was supposed to share my older-and-larger pre-1.7 world in here. However, I lost the motivation to do that because of several stupid chunk corruption that the world had. I still have the copy of the old world, but sadly no back ups. Instead of sulking around in that world, I made another one using the new 1.7 world generation.
What I'm about to show you is what I have accomplished during school break and free time (although I did write something about the old world; it can be seen in entry no.4). Unlike other players, I'm not that fast in building my projects since I only play for 2 hours per day. I'm open for suggestions since I'm out of inspiration (and also lack of motivation).
Anyways here's my world. Pure vanilla. Pure survival. I might have cheated a little (natural regen set to false, keepinventory turned on) so that I could play minecraft in a different setting for now. I will be updating this if I find time and also list every entry that I have here.
Latest development of the area I'm working on
Projects that I have finish and projects soon to be implemented or renovated
Starter House Basic survival kit/structures
Agricultural production sector
Semi-automatic wheat farm Semi-automatic potato farm Semi-automatic carrot farm Automatic sugar cane harvester Automatic melon production farm Automatic pumpkin production farm
- Automatic mushroom production farm (on hold)
cocoa bean plantation
- cacti plantation (under feasibility study)
- Agricultural Technology and Research Institute (under feasibility study)
Chicken coop with egg incubator cattle barn sheep pen pig pen rabbit pen
Iron mill compound Sludge/slime factory Underground item transport system Mob spawning chambers Inventory sorting system Lumber mill and tree farms Underground mining zone Construction materials laboratory (2nd floor lvl of base bldg) Silk harvesting facility (spider farm) Zombie XP extraction facility (zombie XP farm) Zombie mutation treatment and quarantine cell facility
- Ore refinery (planning phase)
- Stone kiln (planning phase)
- Batching plant (planning phase)
Apothecary (4th floor lvl in base bldg)
- Brewery (under feasibility study)
- Mini-solar powerplant (on hold)
Charcoal burning plant
- Rehabilitation of riprap works along the main river (under construction)
Iron mill compound viaduct/overpass Underground tunnels Horse stables
- Northern route (on hold)
- Overworld railway transit (on hold)
Boat dock at base Tainted forest path
- Forest checkpoints (on hold)
- Villager trading post (under feasibility study)
- Watchtowers (under feasibility study)
Planned urban developments/Aesthetic builds
Villager apartment The Guardian of the Tainted Forest's Shrine
- The Temple of the Spirit of the Plains (on hold)
- Northern village development project (on hold)
- Minecraft museum (under feasibility study)
- Alternating water-lava fountain (on hold)
- Highway Billboards (under feasibility study)
Our Lady of the Lake Grotto
Nether exploitation (on hold)
- Nether Geological Research Zone
- Nether Gold Mining Industry Incorporated
- Nether Express Railways
- The Sanctuary of the Fallen Piglord's Cult
- Blaze rod extraction mill
Current World Download
Entry No.1: A little OverviewStarter house
Sorry, I lied. This isn't the original “Starter house”. The real one is some dugout i made from a small hill nearby (which has already been constructed on top by my other house and has long been forgotten). I got my idea for this when we had a requirement from my CAD subject which required us to plan a 2 storey house. It was supposed to be a 2 storey house until I found out that the roof gave too much space I was forced to make an attic. For now, I'm only showing you the outside and my 1st floor for this building.
My sources of food, the farms
My first farm. I struggled to grow those wheat during my first days and now they are only there for aesthetics. Nothing special here really.
Back then, I didn't like the idea of the cows just being fenced, so I made this. On the second floor would be the chicken coop, and at the back would be the wool farm.
Here's the wool farm. Now, let's go inside!
The first floor of the barn is the cow farm. Pretty normal isn't it?
.....And here's the chicken coop, the place where lag mostly occur. What I have here is an egg incubator that is powered by a piston clock. I have to manually load the dispenser with eggs. I dont have an automatic system of harvesting the eggs, thus I pick them out myself.
The Sacred Lake, my fishing spot!
Yes you heard me! This lake has wonders that gives you a mysterious feel to it. When food was too scarce in my first days I had to fish. The catches I had were bountiful! Not only that, the lake goddess who lives here rewarded me her legendary bow (Stats: Power IV, Infinity I, Unbreaking III, Flame I, Punch II) for helping her fend off these corrupted bastards in her domain.
(Well jokes aside, I have to admit that that bow was a 1-in-a-million-catch that I couldn't believe I caught one. Oh and this guy just randomly popped out of nowhere.)
That's pretty much all of it. It is very open that I get a crowd of my zombie fans cheering for me as I cut my trees amazingly. Also, that little shed you see would be an entrance to my spider spawner xp farm.
This would be the entrance to the xp farm.
Well yeah, it's not very well developed. Thing is, I get xp and loots by killing them with stone swords. I'm still having problem as to how to improve this place. Oh that switch over there? That's just a light switch to stop the spawner doing its thing.
The Big House
As you can see, I haven't accomplished finishing the landscape around the building as I don't have any ideas for now. I built this by designing the floor plans first followed by designing the structural frame. Then I started building the structure's frame with cobblestone, and after that, the stairs. Next, I constructed the floors 1 by 1 from bottom to top. The finishing touches (including the roof) were done later.
For the inside tour and some other detail shots, I'm going to skip that and maybe post it later on. Each room in the building has a particular use and it would take a lot of pictures to show them all!
This is my version of a slime farm. I built this mainly for fun and aesthetics and not much for efficiency.
This is what it looks like from above.
These are the spawning pads. If you have noticed, I have pistons lined up at the sides. Their purpose is to release water that flushes the slimes toward the central channel where the 'slime eater' is located.
What you see is all the machines/mechanisms that operate the slime factory. The first lever that you will see at the left of the pic is the switch that turns on the 'slime eater'. The one near the first lever would be the timer for the redstone clock. The machine you see near the far end of the clock would be the gate valve for the piston flushing gates, and the farthest lever to the right would be the gate valve of the sluice gate of the central channel.
This would be the slime eater I was talking about. The machine utilizes two steps in killing the slimes:
- Lava blade - this is used to trim the large slimes into medium slimes, though it could not trim the medium ones to the small ones.
- Piston hammer – (sorry I was not able to take a better pic of this) this is the mechanism that kills the medium and small slimes. The pistons are located behind the steel bars(iron bars, I mean). The lever on the right is a manual switch for activating the suffocation trap (the one I showed in the previous picture is the one that automates the pistons).
Since there was enough space, I decided to place a semi-automated pumpkin-and-sugarcane farm.
Entry No.2: Interiors and the mob farm
Entry No.3: Some fixing that I need to do
Entry No.4: A little backstory I made
Entry No.5: Landscapes and decorations
Entry No.6: 3-story apartment building construction journal
Entry No. 7:Farming and redstone works
Entry No. 8:Apartment for rent
Entry No. 9:Security Lockdown!
Entry No. 10:Finding a cure for zombie ebola
Entry No. 11:Don’t like the sun? Try tunnels!
Entry No. 12:Love is in the air and it is causing lung cancer
Entry No. 13:A cure for zombie ebola: The Sequel
Entry No.14:A painful way to reach the top
Entry No.15:NOPE! Kill it with gravity!
Entry No. 16:I’m heading to the sauna!
Entry No. 17:A sudden transition
Entry No.18:Establishing an Iron MillUpdated March 1, 2015
Updated March 4, 2015
Updated March 11, 2015
Updated March 12, 2015
Updated April 20, 2015
Entry No.19:Horsing around
Entry No.20:The Tainted Forest
Entry No.21:Tearing the nether apart
Entry No.22:Guess who's going for an upgrade!
Entry No.23:A revolution has begun
Thanks for viewing!
Feb 5, 2015Posted in: Survival Mode
Ever since I joined in the forums, I was reading different kinds of journals posted by various players. I was always curious to what other players are doing in their worlds. Actually, I'm more interested to what their worlds look like. I've read several journals so far and most of them are simply dying too early for several unknown reasons.
There are several journals created so far but some of those are either forgotten by time or dumped into the deep section of the forums. I know necro-ing threads is bad, but some of the worlds I searched still has magic left in them.
Yes, I did some search for prominent survival worlds and I'm going to post it here on this thread for my own personal collection and others to read as well. Many of these are already considered to be dead but you can prove me otherwise. Since I'm looking for interesting and read-worthy worlds/journals (not just fresh starts or potential ones), I have set a number of requirements/qualities that a certain survival world/journal thread should have:I use these as basis for the list I'm going to make. Seriously, I'm not going to list everything that I read. The qualities that I'm strictly searching for are the following:
- The journal/world should have at least 1000 views
- Your thread must be acknowledged by 5 or more people
- The journal/world should at least have 5 updates present
- The thread should last for at least 20 posts (Note: I am not counting spam posts/ridiculous double posts by the OP )
If the thread gets at least 3 out of 4 qualities, then I'm listing them here. Else, I'm ignoring them even if they have what it takes.
I'm doing this for my own personal journey of looking for players dedicated to their worlds, the same players who are dedicated on surviving and thriving at the same time. In this game, it is not how you survive but how you do progress.
Anyways, I'll be including vanilla and modded worlds. The list will be updated from time to time and is also open for potential worlds once they fulfill the requirements. The list is not in any particular order and will also include dead/inactive worlds/journals.
- Journal of a [4.5] year old Surival World by leangreen76
- My 100% vanilla 1.8.1 SSP world, building aesthetically in hard survival. by Adversity
- [Journal] The Ballad of DirtDog by DirtDog
- Adventures of a Minecraft Newbie: Journal by Chanticleera
- The Lost Island (Journal) by Charlito153
- AidenR0 Survival Journal, Meme Style!!, UPDATE: 7 by TNT123BOOM
- duythemcer's SSP Journal by duythemcer
- [1.8] A Vanilla Minecraft Survival Journal -Star Fields by verite
- Follow the Sun: A Traveller's Tale by Snarewell
- Voxel's Survival World by Voxels
- survival journal of a coward [1.8] by xnine
- The Journey To Automation - A Survival Journal! by srsly_j
- The Adventure Begins! [1.8] [Survival Journal] by Maniac1702
- Journal of a NEW Survival World by Voxels
- A Journal of A "Finished" Survival World by Voxels
- The Journal of a Minecraft world - Joey Journals Minecraft! by JoeysGrandDen
- The Rig, a Minecraft journal. (Updated 8/10/14) by TheRealUncleScar
- A Minecraft Journal - The Journey to Automation by srsly_j
- The Journey to Automation! The way a world should be! by srsly_j
- Drum's Survival Journal [Update XIII] by DrumMaster4
- Building Village in Survival by SlenderRider
- Survival Journal by GalacticShovel
- The MineLands Challenge + FieldJournal (Updated 1/30) by Drayle88
- To Slay a Dragon: My First Journal (No Mods, Pictures!) by Sharpe103
- Savanna Survival Journal (Nov. 14: Update 4) by steeve_steeve
- The Ultra-Hardcore Journal by 123nart
- [Let's build]Seaside village! SSP! by ThatDutchIdiot
- [1.8.1] Maniac1702's Vanilla Survival Journal by Maniac1702
- Allen's Survival World... by Alen24
- A survival world, from the ground up - Lots o' pictures! [Day 44!] by Samiboula
- Building a Civilization by godprimarch
- Nova's survival journal. by novalization
- Isolated System - A World Border Journal by Satao16
- Victoria's Adventure - A 1.8 Survival Journal by VictoriaRachel
- Another boring survival journal.. by Crumpetxxix
- Update 4 (World Download from now on) IS LIVE! (NEW) 1.8 Minecraft Survival Journal (To do ideas) by slimedogy
- [Journal] New Year, New World, New Expectations [Update 5 1/2 Finally] by koreyisawesome14
- [Journal] Surviving in an Amplified World by RodentRage
- The village of Solace by Uaronain
- Survival journal - world of Eldon by eldon
- Refresh : A new survival world... by kilik_tag
- Go Big Or Go Home - A Minecraft Survival Journal. by srsly_j
- The First World I'll Finish | A Minecraft Journal by CanaryCasserole
- Zeno's Explorations - a Survival Journal (Episode 11a) by Zeno410
- Henrieta's Survival Hardcore Journal (modded) by Henrieta
- Project Golem-Attack of the B-Team Survival Journal by TheEmeraldGolem
- ► My Journal - Peryth ◄ by Jambuster
- Super Happy Fun Island, a (somewhat heavily) modded Minecraft journal by Bonbalon
- Adventure World Of Hexxit : An Modded Minecraft Journal by Realtime911
- -=Stranded!=- An Interactive Survival Journal by XBr0wnBear (Ep.16) by XBrownBear
- Witch Hunt - The survival journal by Crumpetxxix
- So, I decided to start over by TheMasterCaver
- TheMasterCaver's World by TheMasterCaver
- Dulcified in a hostile world >> by Dulciphi
- Zeno's 1.7 Explorations - Hardcore!
- The world of Lancer- a Journal by Empour
Show your creation/Screenshots
- Crafterra, my Survival World (Image Heavy & Download Available) by Princess_Garnet
- Surface/Ravine Legit Survival Base (Complete) (New pictures Added 3/28 + World Save 3/12) by Codiferus17
- My survival world by EJM
- Gen's Survival World by NSC
- Avaria My Survival World by Mute
- Keeping it Real - My Survival World by Bafflepitch
- My SP survival world 'Taming Jungle' (A lot of pictures.) by wisekill1
- Finished Base In My Singleplayer Survival World by Falkenbur
- A Step by Step Survival World: From Day 1 to Day 36000 [Current day: 14] pi_Plus_45x23
- My Survival World House (Sirs'Kingdom) by Sirknightchase816
- My 1.25 Legit Survival World UPDATED 15, July by try2bcool69
- My old 100% legit survival world by reverandraptor
You can suggest me some journals if you like, so long as they fit in the requirements or at least have potential (I'd still wait for them to fulfill my requirements though).
EDIT: Instead of placing the date of the last update, I took Adversity's suggestion of separating the inactive threads from recent ones. Also, forgive me if the spoilers have doubled. The spoilers seem to be buggy today.
Also, I'm moving threads to the inactive spoiler once they didn't update for about a month. That's all.
Apr 5, 2015Posted in: Survival Mode
Forgive me, but isn't this a Minecraft forum? What else should the OP be writing "some rubbish" about in a Minecraft forum..."My Military Exercises - A COD Adventure"? Minecraft adventure journals are a common theme around these 'Minecraft' parts and IMHO this happens to be a very well written and hilarious story, certainly not rubbish, and yes I'm personally enjoying it very much. DirtDog's journal is a refreshing change in a sea of mediocre Minecraft journals.
Also in what way do the pictures not "go with the words", given the limitations of what one can illustrate using Minecraft resource packs? Do you have difficulty appreciating 'quirky' 'humorous' stories? It seems so, and that must make life rather dull for you...sorry. Of course you are entitled to your opinion, however, I sense a hint of vindictiveness in your comment, munchercruncher12. Is this comment in retaliation for something Dirt Dog has done to you, because it just seems a tad personal in my opinion...just curious?
Mar 26, 2015Posted in: Discussion
entirely95%* vanilla SP in survival mode (normal), currently PC ver. 1.7.4 Have played on a LAN with my friend during work lunchtime and we've visited each others worlds to assist the other with some project or other.
This is my second world, which is just over 2 years old. I am currently at my 3rd base; my 1st is near the spawn point in a desert where I built a giant pyramid, then I moved by nether rail to a mesa biome and built a 2nd base there, now I'm in an Ice Spikes biome, which I intend to make my final base, and I'm busily adding all the features that my other 2 bases have that want. I suppose I enjoy all aspects of the game in phases, I like my builds to be finished nicely and aesthetic (often over-elaborate ), and I often plan them out before building. I like to mine and explore as well, although I don't go far as Minecraft often release updates with new things that can only be found in unexplored areas, so I play it close to home (I already know there is a guardian temple in the unexplored deep ocean not far from me so I keep away from there til I go up to 1.8+, which I will when they fix some of the bugs and I get a faster PC!) so the new stuff to be had is never far away
I like redstone, and have slowly built up an understanding of it (tho some of the denser stuff still leaves me scratching my head). My first redstone build was a piston door. Since then, I've built 5 minecart rail stations (2 of which are in the Nether), 3 XP Farms, 2 Iron Farms, 1 Horse Speed Tester, 1 Gold Farm, 1 Blaze Farm and a host of other redstone bits, like finding ideas on YouTube and usually adapting them with my own twist.
* I have actually used a few mods in the past (someone has noted); Rei's Minimap, Horse Info mod and Villager Info mod ...
Mar 22, 2015Posted in: Survival Mode
As already stated (although it could have been done in a nicer way), a lot of people have this knowledge. Eldon's hyperbole is far from being correct though, as many people start the game for the first time every day. There's no official tutorial for minecraft, so this can be helpful. However you do have an issue with target audiences. The type of people who browse these forums are not new players, and I don't know a single person who made an account/scoured these forums before actually starting the game.
No, the people here, on the forums, have already been playing for a bit, so this information is mostly unnecessary.
However, just putting "comment for part 2" makes it seem like you are simply too lazy to write, polish, and edit a whole thread. This just feels like you're a procrastinator who won't get past part 4. So please, if you're going to make something like this, just write the whole thing.
Mar 17, 2015Posted in: Survival Mode
Light levels don't matter. The only reason why you would increase light level is when you're playing on hard mode, and the pigmen call in the normal zombies. They will kill the golems. So if you're playing on hard mode, you want to prevent that by having the light level above 7 on the entire platform.
Good to learn something. That must have been why mine wasn't working. All the iron golems died pretty quickly. Might have to re-visit it one of these days and check the levels.
Awesome work btw :-)
- To post a comment, please login.