Following the launch of the new consolidated Minecraft game (also known as the Better Together Update), we have restructured the Minecraft Forum categories to better reflect the various versions of Minecraft. Mojang have officially designated non-Minecraft versions of the game as "Editions", for example, "Minecraft: Java Edition", and "Minecraft: Xbox One Edition". You can learn more about this change to Minecraft in this article. This forum structure update clarifies which category applies to which version of the game.
1. Minecraft Discussion has been renamed to Minecraft: Java Edition.
2. Servers has been renamed to Servers: Java Edition.
3. Mapping and Modding has been renamed to Mapping and Modding: Java Edition.
4. A new category, Minecraft: Editions, has been created. This category contains a forum for each Edition of Minecraft, except for Minecraft: Java Edition and Minecraft: Pocket Edition which continue to have their own categories due to their popularity.
5. Each Minecraft: Edition forum has been consolidated, instead of separate "Suggestions", "Recent Updates" and "Discussion" forums there is now a single "Discussion" forum for each edition where members can discuss all aspects of the game; current, future and ideas. Additionally, each Edition category contains a Multiplayer forum.
These changes should not have an impact on the way most members use the forum, however if you are not sure where you should post please take a look at the following information:
If you would like to discuss Minecraft: Java Edition, visit the first forum category, Minecraft: Java Edition.
If you would like to discuss the new Minecraft game, which is cross-platform and available on Xbox One, Windows 10, VR, Mobile and soon Nintendo Switch, visit the Minecraft category.
If you would like to discuss the old editions of Minecraft, such as the Xbox 360 Edition, or the Playstation 4 Edition, visit the Minecraft: Editions forum.
Please use this thread to share any questions you have about this change, or send me a Private Message. Thank you for your understanding
This announcement will be removed on December 31st 2017.