Bringing Zelda's RPG style heart system into Minecraft.
To make it even harder, the hunger bar will no longer have an effect on your regeneration. To get health back you will have to break tall grass or use potions. When breaking tall grass there is a 1/20 chance of it dropping a heart. On picking it up you will be healed by 4 hit-points, which is the equivalent of one heart.
The mod also adds in fairy fountains which can be found rarely underground.
They will contain 1-3 fairies. On colliding with them you become fully healed at the cost of their lives, so if you want them to live make sure you stay at a distance! You can catch them by right clicking them with a bottle in hand. If you die while carrying a bottled fairy somewhere in your inventory you will be revived. You can also right click the bottled fairy to refill your hearts.
Don't worry about the fairies wandering away from the fountain, they won't leave!
To install this, just download the mods .jar file and paste it into your /mods folder with forge installed.
v0.4 for MC1.7.10 - http://adf.ly/1380452/04-for-mc1710
- Fixed an error that caused multiplayer servers to crash.
- Made fairy entity ID unique.
- Miscellaneous fixes and improvements.
v0.3 for MC1.7.10: Special thanks to Dylan4ever for the fairy model!
- Added fairy fountains.
- Added a fairy mob.
- Added bottled fairies.
- Added sound effects.
v0.2 for MC1.7.10:
- Fixed the hearts overlapping the armour bar in the in-game gui.
- Added a config file to change stuff to your liking.
- Made mobs have a 1/3 chance to drop a heart.
- Added a cap of 20 hearts (80hp) to the maximum levels.
v0.1 for MC1.7.10:
- Initial Release
- Doesn't play nicely with the absorption potion effect.
- Unknown how well this will work with other mods that edit the in-game HUD.
You may use this in your modpack so long as you give credit to me where due, do not gain any revenue from the pack itself, and you link back to this thread.