The next big server.
Moto: "Designed by the people, made by the people, played by the people."
!Current Phase! Phase One
Its been a long time, I've sat and watched many servers pop up left and right. So many fads (trends of popularity) have passed. There was the time of RPG, when 15-40 RPG servers were being made a day, and 15-20 were being closed a day. Then the time of PVP which I didn't pay to much attention to. But then came the time of creative servers. This is when the Voxelbox came into its shinning moment, but even that fad died and only the strongest servers survived (the Voxelbox is the only one that really pulled though without loss). Now it seems that RPG servers are back, so like a circle this begins once again.
So my question is to you, "What will you make of this time period, what possibly can the minds behind all these servers do to create the best server known to Minecraft?" If you have ever owned a server or currently own a server its because you had a dream and a motivation to make a big server that would stretch though a Minecraft server age, whether it be the age of PVP, RPG or creative you wanted it to last. But answer this, "How can everyone make a server and expect it to last?" Its just not logically possible.
This is why I'm starting this project. So that people can come together and pool their ideas into this, because splitting off into a hundred servers a month just wont cut it. Its a waste of money and there's a 80% fail rate on your server. But if we come together and pool our ideas, we can make it though, our server can rise to the peak of popularity. Sadly though this can not be achieved without teamwork and dedication. So on to the jobs and what will need to be accomplished, and how YOU can become apart of this.
Whats been decided:
The server will be Role Playing with slight PVP such as battlegrounds and arenas. Maby wars?
Here is a list of all the jobs that will need to be filled for the planning of this server.
:Phase One, Planning/Development Teams:
>Server basics Planners:
List bellow is what they'll cover.
- What type of server. (will be determined by the poll or by the team)
- Goal of the server
- Main thesis statement/key point of the server. (such as theme and style)
>Gameplay mechanics Designers:
List bellow is what they'll cover.
- Plugins (includes custom plugins)
- Find custom plugin coders
- Config configuration for the plugin
- Permissions system
>Server Story Designers(!If! rp is chosen)
- Lore creators (not the writing of the lore, this is the brainstorming of the lore)
- Documenters (people who will take note of the lore creation and write it down for record keeping. Will also act as a quality filter)
>PVP designer/coordinator (!If! pvp is chosen)
- Designers (Think "How and were will the people PVP)
- Event brainstormer (What kind of interactive events can take place)
These are the most essential people at this point in time. Yes I know what your thinking "But don't we need builders?" Not at this time no. So many servers skip to building when they don't even know what to build. Once all the planning is done we will move to the building and terraforming of the world.
:Phase Two, Public Awareness and Artistic Representation Teams:
- Concept art for the forum post. (preferable hand drawn)
- Banners for Public Awareness
- Server logo For more Public Awareness
- Custom Gui designs for the Plugin Creators
> Public Representation Team
- Motivational Speakers that can make our forum post sound convincing.
- People to post in looking for server posts, and other forums about Minecraft.
- !Maby! Public Relationship's manager (someone who makes sure were on good standings with the public)
This is also the stage were the server configs should be finished and the final planning of the server is coming into shape.
:Phase Three, Creation Teams and Public Awareness Teams:
- City planners
- Creators/Maintainers of the Youtube account. (upload videos and respond to peoples questions on them)
- !Maby! Public Forum creators
- !Maby! Wiki creators
More will be explained to the actual team.
:Phase Four, Beta Testing:
- Beta Testers
:Phase Five, Release (if not Alpha Stage, then Release):
How to join the team?
!Important! Please note were only in phase one so don't apply for something that's in Phase 2-5 Unless your are Artist with amazing skill. But if you do and I or the team love your app well except you but you will not be majorly beneficial until the Phase you applied for.
Please take into note that all these questions are optional you do not have to answer every single one! Secondly, skype is veryyyyyy important whether you have a mic or not. We will use chat as well as voice communication.
Name: Ign: Skype?: Role your applying for: Past work: A little about you: Why you want to join: Have you owned a server before: Are you currently running a server: What server type are you voting for, or wanting?: Any suggestion to this post?: Any suggestions to me or this team?: Other Questions, and or comments?: