Iron backpacks, maybe.
- Registered Member
Member for 8 years, 2 months, and 27 days
Last active Fri, May, 24 2019 02:27:04
- 0 Followers
- 444 Total Posts
- 65 Thanks
Feb 16, 2018Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Tried to flesh out my perception of Wisp-as-pets.
It revolves around Wisps 1. acting much like other tameable mobs 2. loving vis 3. hating taint.
- Wisps can be tamed with food, food being Vis crystals. Wisps prefer crystals of similar types. They can also led around by holding a crystal in hand
- Wisps are curious about all kind of magic machinery, so are likely to stay around your base.
- Wisps have to be fed crystals occasionally. Otherwise they will steal them from inventories such as chests and TC crafting table.
- Wisps can grow in size, strength and durability if you do... not sure what. Maybe, feed them some specific crystal types?
- Wisps hate taint. They will scrub taint from atmosphere at moderate speed (depending on Wisp size). If taint level will grow dangerously high, they will act very distressful - they will make unhappy sounds, shockbolt machines that produce taint (no effect) and players and mobs around them. They can also try to use other methods to disable them - from removing fuel to breaking blocks themselves.
- Wisps attack taint mobs always. Also, if they are friendly to you enough, they attacks mobs that attack you, and eventually - mobs of same type. I.e. after you have been attacked by skeletons few times when sip is around, it will start attacking on sight.
- Wisps that are strong enough can teleport around, even across dimensions. They can teleport away when on low health to regenerate, or teleport to you if they have lost you. Maybe even teleport to base to drop down some loot for you.
Feb 16, 2018Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Hmm, I feel it should be other way around. Even in real world, You usually use your digits for fine work and different kinds of specially crafted murder-sticks for smacking enemies or shooting projectiles at them.
Feb 5, 2018Posted in: Minecraft Mods
I'm very happy that Thaumcraft is back. It's my favorite mod for MC by far and I missed it a lot. But old problems is back, and are even getting worse.
1. No gradual progression. You have to visit every biome and collect drop from every mob (exaggerating a bit, but still) before you can even start making anything useful from the mod. And then you just unlock 80% of the book in one sitting.
Even in TC5 you could build some useful wand relatively early, but now you have to build a *censored* glove instead with *redacted* hare pelts
2. Explosive taint growth without any warning. Even if you are careful, Smeltery alone can start the chain reaction, and you suddenly have a taint biome where your base were. And there is no way to stop it. And there are no warnings before it's too late. It was bad before, but now there is also OP taint beast thrown in that can not allow you to even save stuff from your chests.
I think Taint should build up way more slow, and there should be warnings like grass discolorations, etc BEFORE taint is in unstoppable stage.
Apr 5, 2016Posted in: Minecraft Mods
But vitiumisation of already present crystals of other type can happen at way lower flux level. So you probably can grow crystals of some other type and then pull/dump vitium in chunk to convert them.
Mar 16, 2016Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Just! Blew! Maa! MIND!!! =^D
It would branch off of Golem Mastery and give a new kind of head with which we could build Golems. Also included would be instructions for crafting and infusing some headgear for the player.
--Place the Golem in the world
--Walk away and go anywhere you want
--Put on the headgear and remote control the golem to complete tasks from afar. (would need some way to change which remote control golem you're connecting to so that you could switch between several at different locations)
***Issues: Most obvious is the "that chunks far away and not loaded..." one. What else?***
Are you guys trolling or you really have no idea about Intangible golems?
Mar 14, 2016Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Needful things for 1.8.9: In a server modpack that is currently more just a Thaumcraft pack, I am looking for mods that provide:
* dimensional transport without all the crap of mystcraft, or tech of RFTools. I want to be able to get to the end and back. Would prefer it if the portals can only link to the corresponding co-ordinates in each world.
Blood Magic teleposition. It's a little deep in mod, though.
* Some kind of scaleable mass storage that is more attractive than Better Storage or storage drawers, doesn't add unwanted extra OP features like JABBA and its dollies. I normally throw in applied energistics but would really like a victorian steampunk compatible alternative.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.