thank you very much for your nice feedback!
The actual version of Minecraft Server Manager works with 1.7.2, but new features are not implemented yet. I hope I'll find some time to update the tool within the next days.
1a) No, it's actually not possible to run batch files or execute external programs. Task Sheduler is, at the moment, only a simple solution to run commands in certain intervals on the server. But you could use a sleep program in your batch-file instead that pauses the execution and after the pause the batch file will run itself again. Anyway, this would be a nice feature, I think I'm going to implement it :)!
1b) Unfortunately, there's no such kind of task. But this is something that might be implemented in the future!
2) Minecraft Server Manager is able to run any program that means theoretically seen, you could start whatever you want. If there's no Minecraft Server running alongside this tool, there will be errors when sending commands from the interface to the server. This is also the reason why Bukkit servers do run alongside this software, but for any reasons the Bukkit-Dev team has changed the way input is handeld, so MSM is no longer able to send input to Bukkit servers. When running Bukkit servers, you have to use the task manager to kill the server as there's no possiblity for MSM to send the "stop"-Command...
3) I do not own Windows 8, but I guess there will be no problems. Anyway, I can't say this for sure...
4) Minecraft Server Manager reads the server.properties file for you and is also able to create it!
5) No, Minecraft Server Manager is only able to run one instance of a Minecraft Server within one instance of Minecraft Server Manager...
6) There exists such a function, but it's not implented in the graphical interface yet. See this post for how to customize allowed RAM.
As you see, this tool is made for beginners and newcomers to Minecraft. You seem to be a more professional server hoster, you can give this software a try, but I can't guarantee that it completely fits to you unfortunately...
Anyway, thank you for your interest and your nice ideas concerning the task sheduler! I'm sure I will implement some of your needed features !
- Registered Member
Member for 5 years, 10 months, and 9 days
Last active Sat, Nov, 16 2013 06:50:06
- 0 Followers
- 41 Total Posts
- 2 Thanks
Nov 16, 2013bastla posted a message on [1.6.2] Minecraft Server Manager [Server Wrapper] [v0.4.3.1] [1,400+ Downloads]Posted in: Minecraft Tools
Nov 8, 2013bastla posted a message on [1.6.2] Minecraft Server Manager [Server Wrapper] [v0.4.3.1] [1,400+ Downloads]Sorry for my late response, I hadn't had much time the last weeks. But now I'm back again, so let's get serious:Posted in: Minecraft Tools
Unfortunately, I don't know any way how to realise port forwarding in Pascal/Lazarus. It's like ssamot already said, there're too many differences between routers... Although this would be a quit cool feature!
I don't own an Android device, that's why I'm not able to create programs for Android. But I'm sure there're some Apps supporting RCON. Take a look at Minecraft's RCON features
Well, there's no support for Bukkit servers any longer since Minecraft Server Manager is not able to send input to Bukkit Servers. Long time ago this was possible, but the Bukkit team must have changed the way input is sent to Bukkit servers.
Using the actual of Minecraft Server Manager alongside Minecraft 1.5.2 should be no problem, but keep in mind that some features that were introduced in Minecraft 1.6 may not work with Minecraft 1.5.2!
I hope I will have some free time the next week so that I can write an update for Minecraft 1.7.2
Oct 7, 2013bastla posted a message on [1.6.2] Minecraft Server Manager [Server Wrapper] [v0.4.3.1] [1,400+ Downloads]Hi ssamot,Posted in: Minecraft Tools
thank you for your feedback! I didn't really noticed that there's a new level type
Of course, it's no problem to add this
I just uploaded a recent build of Minecraft Server Manager which supports AMPLIFIED worlds.
This is NOT an official release, it may be buggy.
(contains recent build of Minecraft Server Manager for Windows and its recent source code)
Thank you for mentioning this!
Sep 14, 2013JennyLeeP and rainfur254 found a bug, thank you for reporting! The server stopped directly after starting when there was a space char in the server file's path.Posted in: Minecraft Tools
Here's a bug fix release (which does still come with new features!).
Minecraft Server Manager v0.4.3.1
- fixed a bug that caused the server to stop directly after it was started when there was a space char in the server file's path
- all messages of the running server will now be saved to "server_messages.log" after the sever (was) stopped
- calling Minecraft Server Manager with a "--command" parameter will make the tool executing the specified command when clicking "Start Server". This enables you to send the java interpreter more detailed instructions on how to run the server. Example: Starting Minecraft Server Manager this way
MinecraftServerManager_v0431.exe --command "java -Xmx2048M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.1.6.2.jar"makes the java interpreter use at least 1 GB and at a max 2 GB RAM
- some smaller improvementsScreenshots:
There are no new screenshots!
See main article!
I plan to rewrite the server wrapper engine which allows me to stick to another license. At the moment, I'm using the "ShellCommandRunner"-Engine which forces me to use the GPL license. Don't worry, Minecraft Server Manager will still be freeware and open source! I will use a BSD-License.
Sep 14, 2013Hi Minerharvest,Posted in: Minecraft Tools
Minecraft Server Manager is not able to connect to FTP servers or use files hosted on FTP servers. Anyway, companies offering server hosting services are mostly using their own server wrapper. Maybe you can access this wrapper via the companie's website.
Sep 13, 2013Sorry for my late responsing, but I just found that bug!Posted in: Minecraft Tools
Make you sure there is NO space-char in the path of minecraft_server.jar/exe!
I'll upload a fixed version of Minecraft Server Manager tomorrow!
Sep 4, 2013Hi JennyLeeP,Posted in: Minecraft Tools
thank you for using my tool .
You're right: This problem occurs when the java interpreter was not found or it immediately stopped.
You can try two things:
1. Check wether you've chosen too much RAM. You're on a 64bit machine, so you can use more than 1GB. Make sure that you haven't choosen too much RAM than physically is availalbe. When your computer has 8 GB RAM inside, you cannot tick the "16GB (16384 MB)" box.
2. Install Java Runtimes if you haven't already. If you have and the error still occurs, try this: Open Java Settings (see pictures below, step 1 and 2), set custom java interpreter by clicking "..." (step 3), set filetype to "Java-Executable for Windows" (step 4), navigate to "java.exe" (step 5, on Windows usually "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" if you've Java 7.xxx installed) and save the settings (step 6).
I hope this helps you - If you still have problems, post here. I'm going to add a option to run a custom command in newer versions of this tool.
Aug 7, 2013Thanks for reporting, rainfur and ironslug!Posted in: Minecraft Tools
I just tested to unzip the zip-files on my Windows machine and you're right: Windows doesn't seem to be able to decompress them. I used 7zip's highest compression technique to build these packages, maybe 7zip's methods are too difficult for Windows.
Anyway, the archives are not broken - 7zip still decompresses them! But for those who don't have 7zip in use, here are the same archives, built using Windows:
(Minecraft Server Manager for Windows - repacked, use if you have decompression troubles)
(Minecraft Server Manager's SourceCode - repacked, use if you have decompression troubles)
Hopefully, you're now able to enjoy Minecraft Server Manager! If you find any other complications, please report them in this thread, I appreciate every post!
Jul 21, 2013Minecraft 1.6.2 is released and comes with a few new features. Appropriated to this, here's Minecraft Server Manager v0.4.3.0 wich does also come with some new featuresPosted in: Minecraft Tools
Minecraft Server Manager v0.4.3.0
- added some features of Minecraft 1.6
- added "Operator's Permission Level": Restrict operators'/admins' permissions
- added "Force Gamemode": Force all player to use recent gamemode, no matter what gamemode they used before
- added "Backup": Create backups of your server in certain intervals (see screenshots!)
- added "Keep Server Alive": When activated (while server is running, "Settings" -> "Keep Server Alive" or via TrayIcon -> "Keep Server Alive"), this will restart the server immediately when it stops (because of a crash or a nasty operator)
- some little improvements
(view all here)
Meanwhile, all versions of Minecraft Server Manager were downlaoded over 1,000 times! Minecraft Server Manager v0.4.2.0 was solely downloaded nearly 500 times! Thank you so much!
Jun 5, 2013This error can be occured by several reasons:Posted in: Minecraft Tools
1. Make sure you have Java Runtimes installed. If you have so and the error still occurs, change Java-Executable in the options-form (where you can click "Start Server") at the top via "Java" -> "Java Settings". Click the ". . ."-Button and navigate to java.exe and save changes by clicking "Save".
2. Check wether you have choosen too much RAM. On a 32bit-system, you can only use 1GB RAM. If you are on a 64bit-system, you can use more RAM (when you have as much physically RAM as you've selected).
There's no 64bit-Version (yet), because the Minecraft Server runs using Java. Running the server in 64bit requires installing Java Runtimes 64bit version.
I hope this could help you
Jun 2, 2013@airtonix:Posted in: Minecraft Tools
Marcus Whybrow's tool and mine have a big difference. Mine tool is created for people using Minecraft Servers occasionally and for people who just brought Minecraft and don't know how to deal with Minecraft Servers. That's also why I used a GUI instead of CLI; Interfaces are much more userfriendly. Giving casual-players a CLI would make them more confused instead of helping them.
Marcus Whybrow's target audience are those professional Minecraft players or server hosters. They (should) have a big acknowledge concerning Minecraft Servers and use professionals ways to host a Minecraft Server. That's why his tool runs on Unix and uses CLI.
That audience wants a tool which helps them to manage multiple servers, while mine is looking for an easy and especially conformtable way to handle one server without foreknowledge.
I don't use git because of Lazarus. As mentioned above, Lazarus is a (more or less) Borland Delphi remake on OpenSource basis. It's unnecessary complicated to use git when having IDEs, like Lazarus, in use. In addition, my target audience isn't likely to get into the code.
I hope things are easier to understand now
Mar 29, 2013Minecraft Server Manager v0.4.2.0Posted in: Minecraft Tools
Minecraft 1.5.1 is released and I decided to spend some of my time to work on this project. This is not a big update, its main feature is task scheduling.
- added "Task Scheduling": Task Scheduling allows you to run custom commands on your server in certain intervals. This enables a wide range of very useful features (changing the gamemode/difficulty every hour, making announcements, easy weather-control, automatic world-saving, etc)
- some bugfixes
see first post
IMPORTANT: Check md5-sums before extracting!
I hope I find enough time to update the documentation and to finish it.
In addition, I will try to create some binaries for Linux!
Feb 22, 2013WOW, this seems to be crazy! Minecraft Server Manager v0.4.0.1 has been downloaded more than 175 times within less than a month! Thank you all very much for giving this tool a try!!!Posted in: Minecraft Tools
And because you like Minecraft Server Manager, I added some useful features to it !
Minecraft Server Manager v0.4.1.0
- added TrayIcon for fast access to the most important Minecraft Server-settings (see ScreenShot)
- added Teleportation-System for easy teleportation to saved points
- added function to set Java-Executable (useful if you use a portable Version of Java)
- added some smaller functions
- improved performance
- fixed some little bugs
see first post
IMPORTANT: Check md5-sums before extracting the zip-files!
If you have any improvements or suggestions or if you found any bugs, please post in this thread and report them!
Jan 27, 2013First of all, I like to thank you for more than 200 downloads of Minecraft Server Manager v0.4!Posted in: Minecraft Tools
Next, I released version 0.4.0.1 which just fixes a bug.
Minecraft Server Manager v0.4.0.1
- "Clear Inventory"-function works now correctly
see first post
(NOTE: check md5-sums before unzippping the files!)
There are several things I like to add to Minecraft Server Manager, like a Teleport-System and a Flatworld-Customizer.
If you have more useful ideas, please post them. I appreciate any suggestions!
Unfortunately, I recognized a bug in this actual version: The newest Bukkit-Beta (1.4.7-R0.1) does not work along Minecraft Server Manager's CommandManager. I have no plan how to fix this, but the vanilla Minecraft server work without any problems alongside CommandManager.
And at last: If you have any improvements, suggestions or if you found bugs, please post in this thread! I appreciate any post!
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.