@RemainL You're correct, I messed up the file upload. You can download the new one I just posted - you should be able to start without the /kill command, the blood sigil tutorial should work now.
- Registered Member
Member for 4 months and 20 days
Last active Thu, May, 28 2020 18:20:54
- 0 Followers
- 3 Total Posts
- 1 Thank
Feb 16, 2020avantir_yihn20751 posted a message on [1.14.4] The Last King of Tyre - A Large RPG Adventure Inspired by Dark SoulsPosted in: Maps
Feb 16, 2020Posted in: WIP Maps
@goldsdx It looks like you've pressed the button, in which case you just need to wait a minute. If you have your UI on, you should see some text on the screen telling you some things before the adventure begins. If for some reason that didn't work, please let me know.
You may want to make sure you're playing on 1.14.4.
Also this is the WIP map thread. You can find the official release thread here: https://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding-java-edition/maps/3006148-1-14-4-the-last-king-of-tyre-a-large-rpg
Feb 15, 2020avantir_yihn20751 posted a message on [1.14.4] The Last King of Tyre - A Large RPG Adventure Inspired by Dark SoulsPosted in: Maps
A few major bugs were found and fixed, relating to end game content. If you've already started playing, you can update your save file, keeping all of your current progress, by replacing the tlkotpack.zip file inside the datapacks folder in your save file with this new one: tlkotpack.zip
The Last King of Tyre is a large singleplayer dark fantasy RPG, developed over 6 years for vanilla Minecraft 1.14.4. Complete with a full custom combat system, NPCs, spells, challenging bosses, tons of unique loot, a complex interconnected world swimming in deep lore and many secrets - both in lore and throughout the world.
Journey through this twisted world to find the Last King of Tyre and learn what must be done to save E'Siraph. But oh, if it was only what he had to say, things would be much easier indeed. Along your path you'll hear others' voices, tempting you, pleading with you... But will you listen?
Powerful items are scattered throughout the cities of E'Siraph. Use them to create a unique build that fits your playstyle, maximizing your strengths and overcoming your weaknesses. Many varied foes lie in wait for you, many with unique abilities that will test your cunning and skill in battle. Your plethora of weapons and tools will suit you well in finding the best way to kill every last one.
Tucked away in the dark reaches of E'Siraph rest eight powerful bosses. Those you fight and those you spare depend on you and the path you choose, but none will go down easy. However, do no think that this is all that shall challenge you. For those who seek them out, other great and rewarding challenges await.
Download Links (1.4):
- Make sure you have Minecraft: Java Edition installed with a Mojang account
- After downloading and unzipping the file, you should find a save file.
- On Windows, navigate to %appdata%\.minecraft
- On Mac, navigate to Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/minecraft
- Place the save file into the saves folder in the minecraft directory.
- Open the Minecraft Launcher.
- Click "Installations" at the top.
- Create a new installation. Make sure to select version 1.14.4 in the drop down list (You may have to scroll down a ways).
- Back on the "Play" tab, select the installation you just created on the bottom left.
- Click the big "Play" button.
- Once the game launches, verify that it says "Minecraft 1.14.4" in the bottom left of the main menu.
Then come join our community on Discord!
- Fixes the Third Bell of Time endlessly ringing
- Fixes a final bossfight not engaging properly
- Adds redundant initialization of various scores
- Fixes Blood Sigil tutorial letting you through without having taken damage from your Blood Sigil
- Fixes usage of the Death Sigil at world spawn allowing you to skip initialization and soft lock the map
- Reduces stamina regeneration penalty of armour
- Adds loot chests to Ixinik
- Adds mini boss to Ixinik, creating an additional path through the level
- Rewrites render distance recommended setting information
- Prevents or alters various sequence breaks
- Fixes Tyre tower hidden lever not working
- Fixes rare occurence of the Last King of Tyre ceasing to speak
- Slightly shifts position of Scroll Storage Key
Can I use mods?
- Most mods or data packs will not work. Mods that hardly alter gameplay might be fine, although I haven't tested any to be sure, so use at your own risk. Any mod that brings along gameplay changes is likely to break things. Forge, notably, will completely break the map.
I'm getting server lag! Why? What can I do?
- The Last King of Tyre works using a very large data pack. This data pack requires a significant amount of processing power proportional to your render distance. Larger render distances will require a tremendous amount of processing power to run smoothly, causing server lag, while smaller ones will require little (Although still more than normal Minecraft). I recommend starting at 8 render distance, and going up or down from there depending on how things perform for you. While playing, you can press Alt+F3 and look at the chart in the bottom right of the screen to observe the data pack's performance.
My framerate drops sometimes - How can I keep it high?
- Framerate drops are significantly less common than server lag, but can still happen in certain circumstances when lots of particles are present in the environment. In these cases, adjusting your "Particles" video setting will greatly help.
Is there support for multiplayer, or plans to implement support?
- Unfortunately, there is no multiplayer support and no plans to add it. The data pack running for this game consists over 35,000 commands - all of which are assuming that there is only 1 player in the world. So believe me when I tell you the map will not work with multiple players, at all, and it would not be an easy thing to add. Sorry about that.
Why can't I play on 1.15 or some other version of Minecraft?
- 1.15 introduced a bug in Minecraft that causes chunks outside of render distance to not be consistently unloaded from memory (See [MC-168596]). This makes the already challenging performance of the map even worse. A lot worse. If that bug gets fixed, I'll be happy to update TLKoT for later versions of Minecraft. 1.15 itself would only have 6 small-medium issues I need to fix, so it's really not that hard. But I certainly won't be updating TLKoT indefinitely - at some point I will leave it for good.
How can I mess around with the data pack? It's impossible to read!
- True! When all the secrets of TLKoT have been found (All that a legible data pack would spoil, anyways), I'll release my Dev copy of the map, complete with developer functions and an actually legible and neatly organized data pack.
You are free to film and use any footage of the map in any way you see fit. You may modify the map for your own purposes, and you may redistribute the map or its resources as is or in a modified form as long as you give credit to me and link back to this page. Keep in mind that some resources used in the map (Namely sound effects) are the property of other creators, and are subject to their licensing. See the credits of the game for details on copyrighted resources.
Jan 11, 2020Posted in: WIP MapsThe Last King of Tyre
The map has now been released: https://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding-java-edition/maps/3006148-1-14-4-the-last-king-of-tyre-a-large-rpg
The Last King of Tyre is a full length dark fantasy RPG, developed over 6 years for vanilla Minecraft 1.14.4. Among other things, it has:
- A full custom combat system
- Challenging bosses
- Tons of unique loot
- A complex interconnected world (Inspired by - you guessed it - Dark Souls)
- A deep and rich lore, hiding many secrets
I'm on the hunt for beta testers. If you want to playtest the map, just send me a pm or reply here! I'll be in touch with a download link and details. Slots are limited though; I want to have personal contact with all of the beta testers.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.