- Registered Member
Member for 8 years, 5 months, and 19 days
Last active Tue, Jul, 23 2013 12:16:40
- 2 Followers
- 1,369 Total Posts
- 195 Thanks
Jun 18, 2013The problem with single player is that it requires you to have an imagination!Posted in: Discussion
There are no "goals" there are no set "objectives" you have to actually think up your own things to do instead of the game forcing you to follow a script. Some people simply cannot handle this loss of outside direction and cannot figure out what they should do in the game, others find it freeing and exhilarating that they can do whatever they want.
You have a world that is seven times the size of the Earth that is completely yours do whatever you want with and you can't think of anything to do? Your bored?
Uhh...that would be your fault, not the games, singleplayer just isn't for everyone I guess.
Jun 18, 2013ausador posted a message on Change Discussion forum name to SkyDoesMinecraft Forum?Posted in: Forum Discussion & Info"Hello new forum user and welcome to the
Minecraft General Discussion forumSkyDoesMinecraft Discussion forum, please feel free to discuss anything about minecraftSkyDoesMinecraft that is not covered by the other specific forum sections.
Here you can discuss and ask questions regarding any aspect of
minecraftSkyDoesMinecraft that you want, but please keep it on topic, topics not related to minecraftSkyDoesMinecraft may be deleted or moved and you could receive an infraction for posting them.
Thank you from the staff of the
Ever since the first anti-Sky/Butter thread popped up in discussion people have increasingly jumped on the bandwagon. Yes, seeing people type Butter or Budder instead of Gold was annoying but it was a rare occurrence here and really not worthy of anyone's time or notice.
Now we have anti-Sky and anti-Butter/Budder threads galore with more being made every day (some of which have thankfully been closed). The threads complaining about what was a minor annoyance are now a far worse annoyance than the thing they were created to complain about.
Besides which the threads have now changed from "I hate the childish Sky fans who spam "Butter" in server chats" to threads about "Why I hate Sky." These threads are allowed to continue on for page after page of inane and petty posts that have absolutely nothing to do with the game of minecraft.
Forgive me if I am wrong but I don't believe any of these have anything to do with the discussion of minecraft or have any reason to be in the Discussion forum.
Can the admins please either tell me I am wrong and to shut up or direct the moderators to do something about the growing "Sky Thread" menace? (sounds ominous, right?)
Jun 13, 2013ausador posted a message on I Feel Rather Accomplished about Myself at the Moment.Posted in: DiscussionQuote from SwaggaBackNZ_2
Please write in paragraphs, it makes your writing so much easier to read, otherwise it's just a big confusing wall of text.
Technically you are not allowed to say that. I got an infraction for saying pretty much the same thing only in a bit more detail on a fan fiction story that the author published here in discussion and invited people to comment on as to how he could improve it. I figured I was allowed to tell him a giant wall of text was bad and that he should write in paragraphs since he had asked for criticism of his writing...but I was wrong.
I appealed it to the admins and all I got in response was...
- Grammar Harass Please do not correct or insult other members grammar/spelling. Grammar harassment does not add to the discussion, and is not tolerated.
So yeah, don't ever comment on another persons writing style, even if they ask you to do so, it is still apparently against the rules.
Jun 12, 2013ausador posted a message on What would you do if you saw Squids kill SkydoesminecraftShould I just start a request in the Forum Info and Discussion section of the forum to have the name of this forum changed to the "Youtuber Discussion (BTW, We Hate Sky)" forum?Posted in: General Off Topic
Maybe if they did, then they would give us another discussion forum where I didn't have to read these idiotic anti-sky threads every day.
The people jumping on the "yeah we hate Sky, Up with squids!" bandwagon have now become every bit as idiotic and annoying as the Sky fans with their "Butter!" references. The two groups deserve each other if you ask me...
Jun 12, 2013When your house is standing all alone on top of a pillar and is the only thing left in the world because you have strip mined the entire rest of the world down to bedrock. Then you may have finally gotten "too many diamonds."Posted in: Discussion
Jun 10, 2013Posted in: Recent Updates and SnapshotsQuote from TVflea
Would you mind posting the picture?
He hid a little better this time, in the last snapshot photo I think he let people see more of him just to help kill that stupid rumor about it being "some new mob"...
Jun 10, 2013Actually all netherrack contains minute traces of Gold, it is just such a tiny fraction of the block content that players have found no way to refine it yet.Posted in: Discussion
Zombie Pigmen however eat netherrack on a daily basis for subsistence and their digestive system has evolved (devolved?) to be able to filter out and retain any Gold content.
This is why when you kill Zombie Pigmen they drop Gold nuggets, these are actually the digestively accreted and accumulated Gold residues from thousands of netherrack blocks that the Zombie Pigman has consumed. Basically as a matter of inelegant and rather unattractive fact, Gold nuggets are Zombie Pigman poop.
Eventually once they retain enough of these "gold nuggets" within their gut to cause an intestinal blockage the nuggets somehow fuse together into a long skinny shape and are then expelled from their bodies. This is where the Zombie Pigman's Gold swords come from, they poop them out!
Jun 10, 2013ausador posted a message on Am I the only one who finds it hard to find cats?!Here are the problems that cause finding ocelots to be difficult. If you want more info on anything just ask.Posted in: Survival Mode
Ocelots spawn randomly in jungle biomes, they are also the only "passive mob" besides squid that despawn naturally after a fairly short period of time.
Because the passive mob cap is only 11 within a 17x17 chunk (289x289 block) area with you at the center they spawn very rarely. They wont spawn at all anywhere near a place where you keep and breed animals because you probably have more than 11 animals in the area already.
Ocelots have the same basic spawning rules as all other mobs (plus their own unique ones), they cannot spawn within 24 blocks of you or further away than 128. If you want them to spawn you can't just fly around quickly over already generated chunks, you have to stay in the jungle biome area for awhile. (and you probably need to kill every other animal anywhere near there that is not a ocelot to get below the spawn cap of 11)
Ocelots have to compete with the other passive mobs to be selected for spawning, chickens, pigs, sheep, cows and wolves (squid and bats have their own spawn caps), which means that there is generally less than a 17% chance of an ocelot spawning. To make them even rarer Mojang wrote the code so that if the game does select to spawn an ocelot the attempt will fail 33% of the time and another mob will be spawned instead. (which means you may to have to keep killing any passive mob that spawns in the area and is not an ocelot while you are waiting for one to spawn to stay below the passive mob cap)
Ocelots will not spawn in Peaceful difficulty, however you can change the difficulty to Easy and then as soon as you see that one or more have spawned you can change the difficulty back to Peaceful. They will not instantly despawn because of the change in difficulty the way that Hostile mobs do.
Ocelots do spawn naturally during the generation of new jungle biome chunks, just as the other passive mobs do in other biomes, so going out and exploring new territory is really the best way to find them. But, because the single requirement to their spawning then is that they be at level 63 or higher and they only spawn in jungles they often end up trapped in a non-escapable place such as bushes (like pigs, sheep and even cows sometimes end up stuck in trees). You will not see a ocelot stuck in a bush by flying over the area except by shear dumb luck, and after a short while it will despawn naturally and be gone.
As you can see when reading the above; finding ocelots is not all that easy and is not meant to be easy either.
Jun 8, 2013ausador posted a message on Is it just me or does Mojang ignore the bug tracker?They are in the middle of an almost total from the ground up code re-write, not adding patches onto patches that patched patches to the old code, mostly brand new code from scratch. Simultaneously they are writing the Mod API to go along with the new coding so that practically any mod function you can think of is already enabled in the game code itself and simply needs instructions on what to do rather than overwriting the games base classes and adding new game engine code that conflicts with the custom mod coding that someone else wrote to do the same thing.Posted in: Discussion
Mojang has a very small staff, and yes they are pretty much completely ignoring patching any bugs that do not directly have something to do with the current changes involved in making the 1.6 update. They are pretty busy doing other things right now...
I assume that they believe the code revisions they are making to the game now will solve at least some of the current bugs and that it would be silly to spend time adding more patches to the old code that is going to be replaced shortly anyway.
What is it you want? Do you want them to fix a few bugs that are really nothing more than annoyances or do you want them to fix the entire game? They don't have the staff to do both and fixing the entire game will probably fix many of the annoyance bugs anyway. The Bug Tracker is still vital and I would bet you money that the "bug chart" is plastered up or digitally displayed prominently wherever the Mojang devs. meet. Why? Because it tells them where the old code and the layers upon layers of patches to it is broken.
It still shows them what they need to fix even if the bug tracker does not show that a Mojang employee has been "assigned" to fix the reported issue. That does not mean that they are not trying to fix it during the code re-write.
Jun 8, 2013The thing is that "cheating" can get pretty addictive, you tell yourself "well it is just this once to do this one thing" but then the next time you are short of some material to build or craft with you do it again, and again, and again...Posted in: Discussion
Pretty soon there is no longer any challenge to the game at all, if you need something you just spawn it in, which after a while gets boring as heck.
Don't get me wrong. Creative mode is great for when you want to do epically huge builds, pixel art, test redstone designs, and any number of other things that you specifically set out to do in creative. But once you start cheating in materials (or flying, or giving yourself weapons, tools and armor with enchants) in what is supposed to be a survival world it just utterly ruins it, no challenge equals no fun.
- To post a comment, please login.
Dec 28, 2011RusticRedemption posted a message on [x64][1.15.X] Ovo's Rustic Pack: Redemption v1.7 WIP [Updated: 2020-02-20]Posted in: Resource PacksNOTE: Do not send PMs to the RusticRedemption Account, instead just post in the topic.
This is the continuation thread for Ovo's rustic pack, now slowly being completed by the community. We will try to keep this post updated as people submit textures. Find Ovo's original post HERE! All PMC traffic has been redirect to this thread. Ovo has let me know that he is currently done working on textures for good, along with playing Minecraft. However, he did say that he will try keep his PMC page updated with what we release.
Add-On packsTo install, add the zip to the resource pack folder, and activate it in Minecraft! (Optifine required)
Shader FilesNormalmaps and speculars for use with shader packs
Block ModelsAdditional models and textures for various blocks in minecraft.
Get it Here!
CTM & Random Mobs
Extra connected textures for many blocks, random & biome-specific mobs:Get it Here!
CTM Shader files add-on: Get it Here!
Ovo's Classic GUIAn older style UI for people who do not like the current UI - WIPv1.1 for 1.10.X ~ LoardVader
Ovo's Transparent GUIA transparent UI style for epople who do not like any of the other styles. - WIPv1.1 for 1.10.X ~ LoardVader
1.6.X - 2019-07-28
Change log 1.6.4 - 1.14.X [Update brought to you by Takkantis]
- Recipe_Book.png UP
- Anvil.png UP
- Blast_Furnace.png UP
- Brewing_Stand.png UP
- Crafting_Table.png UP
- Dispenser.png UP
- Enchanting_Table.png UP
- Furnace.png UP
- Generic_54.png UP
- Hopper.png UP
- Horse.png UP
- Inventory.png UP
- Shulker_Box.png UP
- Villager2.png UP (incomplete)
- Advancements.png UP
were packed in with the gui images, so i separated them and then reworked them.
- Absorption.png UP
- Blindness.png UP
- Fire Resistance.png UP
- Haste.png UP
- Hunter.png UP
- Invisibility.png UP
- Jump Boost.png UP
- Levitation.png UP
- Luck.png UP
- Mining Fatigue.png UP
- Nausea.png UP
- Night Vision.png UP
- Poison.png UP
- Regeneration.png UP
- Resistance.png UP
- Slow Falling.png UP
- Slowness.png UP
- Speed.png UP
- Strength.png UP
- Unluck.png UP
- Water Breathing.png UP
- Weakness.png UP
- Wither.png UP
(Most particles were just transferred from the single image they were all in, to multiple images except a few so I'm just going to list the ones i directly changed or created.)
- Bubble.png UP
- Damage.png UP
- Effect 0-7 (made a mix of ovo's particle and a remade version of the default)
- Heart.png UP
- Lava UP
- Fishing Hook (Technically an entity now, but was in the particle image.)
- Cod_Bucket.png ++
- empty_armor_slot_boots.png UP
- empty_armor_slot_chestplate.png UP
- empty_armor_slot_helmet.png UP
- empty_armor_slot_leggings.png UP
- empty_armor_slot_Shield.png UP
- End_Crystal.png ++
- Iron_Nugget.png UP
- Phantom_Membrane.png ++
- Pufferfish_Bucket.png ++
- Salmon_Bucket.png ++
- Tropical_Fish_Bucket.png ++
\Paintings\ (just converted from a singular image to individual images.)
- Rain.png UP
(slightly edited to make the rain lighter and tried to avoid getting those gutter streams.)
Change log 1.6.2 - 1.14.X
Added & Updated Textures (++ = Added | UP = Updated)
-xxx_dye [Takkantis] ++/UP
-observer_back.png [Takkantis] ++
-observer_back_on.png [Takkantis] ++
-observer_front.png [Takkantis] ++
-observer_side.png [Takkantis] ++
-observer_top.png [Takkantis] ++
-birch_trapdoor.png [Takkantis] ++
-oak_trapdoor.png [Takkantis] ++
-dark_oak_trapdoor.png [Takkantis] ++
-jungle_trapdoor.png [Takkantis] ++
-spruce_trapdoor.png [Takkantis] ++
-acacia_trapdoor.png [Takkantis] ++
-jungle_door_top.png [Takkantis] UP
-acacia_door_bottom.png [Takkantis] UP
-acacia_door_top.png [Takkantis] UP
-jungle_door_bottom.png [Takkantis] UP
-acacia.png [Takkantis] ++
-birch.png [Takkantis] ++
-dark_oak.png [Takkantis] ++
-jungle.png [Takkantis] ++
-oak.png [Takkantis] ++
-spruce.png [Takkantis] ++
-acacia.png [grumptumtugger] ++
-birch.png [grumptumtugger] ++
-dark_oak.png [grumptumtugger] ++
-jungle.png [grumptumtugger] ++
-oak.png [grumptumtugger] UP
-spruce.png [grumptumtugger] ++
-acacia_boat.png [Takkantis] ++
-birch_boat.png [Takkantis] ++
-dark_oak_boat.png [Takkantis] ++
-jungle_boat.png [Takkantis] ++
-oak_boat.png [Takkantis] ++
-spruce_boat [Takkantis] ++
Change-log 1.6.1 - 1.14.X ~ This update brought to you by Takkantis.
File name discrepancy fixes:
- smooth stone / slab block
- raw / cooked fish items
- lapis lazuli item
- cocoa beans item
- ink sac item
- bone meal item
- music disc strad item
- compass item
Small Cauldron fix/tweak to block and item
Missing files replaced
- Blast furnace Top [Takkantis]
- Chest fix [melonthrids]
Added & Updated Textures (++ = Added | UP = Updated)
Change-log 1.6 - 1.14.X
Added & Updated Textures (++ = Added | UP = Updated)
- barrel_top [Takkantis] ++
- barrel_top_open [Takkantis] ++
- barrel_side [Takkantis] ++
- blast_furnace_top [Takkantis] ++
- blast_furnace_side [Takkantis] ++
- blast_furnace_font [Takkantis] ++
- blast_furnace_front_on [Takkantis] ++
- Stripped_Oak_Log [HystericalFalcon] ++
- Stripped_birch_Log [HystericalFalcon] ++
- Stripped_spruce_Log [HystericalFalcon] ++
- Stripped_jungle_Log [HystericalFalcon] ++
- Stripped_acaiea_Log [HystericalFalcon] ++
- Stripped_dark_oak_Log [HystericalFalcon] ++
- Blast_furnace [Takkantis] ++
- Brewing_stand (updated) [Takkantis] UP
- recipe_book [Takkantis] ++
- recipe_book_icon [Takkantis] ++
v1.4.1 for 1.10.X - [2016-09-29]
- Fixed issue with Minecraft saying the pack is incompatible.
v1.4 for 1.10.X - (2016-09-21)
<span style="color: #993300;"><span style="color: #993300;"><span style="color: #000000;">Change-log 1.4 - 1.10.X Added & Updated Textures (++ = Added | UP = Updated) Textures Blocks nether_wart_block.png -Schlutt ++ bone_block_top.png -Schlutt ++ bone_block_side.png -Schlutt ++ redstone_dust_dot.png -speedygunner UP redstone_dust_line0.png -speedygunner UP redstone_dust_line1.png -speedygunner UP cauldron_side.png -Takkantis UP cauldron_top.png -Takkantis UP carrots_stage_0.png -Serrinatta UP carrots_stage_1.png -Serrinatta UP carrots_stage_2.png -Serrinatta UP red_nether_brick.png -Schlutt ++ Entity Bear polarbear.png -Schlutt ++ chest normal.png -Takkantis UP trapped_double.png -Takkantis UP trapped.png -Takkantis UP ender.png -Takkantis UP Skeleton stray.png -Schlutt ++ stray_overlay.png -Schlutt ++ Zombie_Villager zombie_butcher.png -Schlutt UP zombie_farmer.png -Schlutt UP zombie_librarian.png -Schlutt UP zombie_priest.png -Schlutt UP zombie_smith.png -Schlutt UP Items reeds.png -Serrinatta UP potato_poisonous.png -Serrinatta UP potato_baked.png -Serrinatta UP potato.png -Serrinatta UP carrot.png -Serrinatta UP carrot_golden.png -Serrinatta UP </span></span></span>
-Updated to 15w36! (except new command blocks and zombie villagers)
-Added banner textures
some missing GUI interface (Bars, resource pack arrows, server
selection, spectator widgets, world selection, new stats icons)
-Changed ender eye item (+: it's a lot better now (sorry whoever drew that one that we had before) -: no animation for now)
-Changed golden apple a little bit (removed 'plastic' look)
-Updated enchanting table GUI (at last)
-Updated widgets (missing buttons for Realms invitation messages and difficulty lock)
-Updated inventory GUI (for 1.9)
-Fixed firework explosion: for some reason light particle was removed
-Removed annoying line on red carved sandstone block (i remember someone asked for this)
i made tipped arrow projectile different from simple arrow, it's subtle, yet noticeable
For ORR resource pack contributors: added vanilla textures as reminder to change them
2014-11-14 – 1.2.1
- Rotated redstone line texture to be the right way
- Added empty potion bottle texture
2014-11-14 – 1.2.1
- Rotated redstone line texture to be the right way
- Added empty potion bottle texture
2014-05-12 - 1.1.5
- Actually added flower textures
- Actually Added base horse textures (still no armor)
- Changed redstone repeater texture to match redstone comparator (also, added animation for activated repeater)
- Added leaves textures for new trees
- Fixed steve.png texture (basic skin)
- Fixed redstone dust texture
- Added iron trapdoor texture
- Removed colored glass texture with permanent textures
2014-03-12 - 1.1.4
- Added flower textures. [Allium, Houstonia, Oxeye Daisy, syringa]
- Added base horse textures.
- Added slime block
- Added new stone and smooth stone textures
- Updated widgets.png
- Other small changes
Eventhough Ovocean basically gave permission for people to use his texturesfor people to use to continue on their own flavor, it cannot be said the same for those who have contributed to Redemption. You MUST ask permission within this thread or you will be reported! Do not PM us for permission as it will be ignored or you will be told to post your request in this thread.This community thread and texture pack are maintained by Apachey, LoardVader,and Pythros.
Texture submissions are always wanted! New textures of missing stuff and re-textures of existing stuff, all submissions will be considered for inclusion (especially any missing textures).
- Llamas (including "decorations" and "spit")
- Totem of Undying
- Vex (and vex_charging)
- Observer block (back/front/side/top)
- Shulker (other 15 new colors)
- Shulker shell (item)
- Shulker box (block) shulker_top_(16 colors).png
- Horse GUI edit, move saddle/armor position and add llama carpet thing
- Map (items) change to blank map and then add map_filled_marking.png
- Map_icons.png (map) edit adds monument/mansion icons
- Nitwit villager
- Nitwit zombie
- Husk (zombie variant)
- Magma block (animation)- Some horses/donkey/mule including skeleton horse +zombie horse
- Boats (all 6 types)
- Elytra (entity) + item
- Shield + item (entity/shield_base.png & shield_base_nopattern.png)
- Frost block (4X frosted_ice_0.png to frosted_ice_3.png)
- Brewing stand GUI edit for blaze powder slot
- Sweep attack (entity/sweep.png)
- Status effects (levitation, glowing, luck, bad luck)
- End gateway portal? (particlefield?)
- End gateway beam? (entity/end_gateway_beam.png)
- Redstone lines, dot and overlay
- Snow golem derp face
- Clock and dial, + compass (old textures exist but need to be updated)- Chicken minor edit (neck texture?)
<span style="color: #993300;"><span style="color: #993300;">textures blocks frosted_ice_0.png frosted_ice_1.png frosted_ice_2.png frosted_ice_3.png magma.png observer_back.png observer_front.png observer_side.png observer_top.png structure_block.png structure_block_corner.png structure_block_data.png structure_block_load.png structure_block_save.png entity boat boat_darkoak.png boat_acacia.png boat_birch.png boat_jungle.png boat_oak.png boat_spruce.png enderdragon dragon_fireball.png illager evoker.png fangs.png vex.png vex_charging.png vindicator.png llama decor decor_black.png decor_blue.png decor_brown.png decor_cyan.png decor_gray.png decor_green.png decor_light_blue.png decor_lime.png decor_magenta.png decor_orange.png decor_pink.png decor_purple.png decor_red.png decor_silver.png decor_white.png decor_yellow.png llama.png llama_brown.png llama_cremy.png llama_gray.png llama_white.png spit.png shulker particle.png shulker_black.png shulker_blue.png shulker_brown.png shulker_cyan.png shulker_gray.png shulker_green.png shulker_light_blue.png shulker_lime.png shulker_magenta.png shulker_orange.png shulker_pink.png shulker_purple.png shulker_red.png shulker_silver.png shulker_white.png shulker_yellow.png zombie husk.png alex.png elytra.png end_gateway_beam.png shield_base_nopattern.png sweep.png gui container shulker_box.png brewing_stand.png [Needs Update] horse.png [Needs Update] icons.png [Needs Update] inventory.png [Needs Update] items acacia_boat.png birch_boat.png broken_elytra.png clock_00.png to clock_63.png compass_00.png to compass_31.png dark_oak_boat.png elytra.png end_crystal.png jungle_boat.png map_filled_markings.png oak_boat.png shulker_shell.png spruce_boat.png structure_void.png totem.png map map_icons.png [Needs Update] particle footprint.png </span></span>
Here's Ovo's pack style in his words:The best description I can make of the style I was going for is by showing what's already done. But in a wordier manner, I would say It's inspired by nature, hand-made stuff and fantasy; relatively simple and round shapes with a few details; colorful yet not too saturated ; no flat color plastic looking stuff/always have a bit of natural grain.
Looking for Pocket Edition? JacquesRemy has converted this pack over for us! Their thread is over here!
OVO'S RUSTIC PACK: REDEMPTION FOR ANDROID
Rustic Redemption Image Vault
Images are located in their respected folder as it were if it was in minecraft.jar.(Google Drive) -- Click on open folder to view contents as a thumbnail. If you can a weird error when trying to download from the link above, you have third-party cookies blocked in Chrome like myself, Pythros. You will need to add an exception. To do so, go to Settings\;Privacy\Content Settings\Manage Exceptions under Cookies and
add ..]googleusercontent.com, then press OK.If you find any errors in naming or missing credits, send a PM to LoardVader describing what is wrong and he will fix the problem. But please follow this guideline to make it easier to understand the problem!
Ovo's original credits:
JohnSmith for the water and lava animations.
Ghost2 for the HD paintings re-composition.
Someone unknown, Misa, Sumpumpolis, XSSheep, Ovocean for the font.
Misa, we are currently using some of her buffs and de-buffs textures as place holders.
Jun 25, 2010MCEdit, a Minecraft World EditorPosted in: Minecraft Tools
MCEdit is an open source world editor for just about any version of Minecraft. MCEdit was first created to allow players to preserve anything built with several old versions of Minecraft and take them forward into newer versions of the game. It also aims to be forward-compatible with future (or even modified) versions of Minecraft. It has since been improved with brush tools for laying down blocks in different shapes, integration with the Minecraft Server to generate terrain using Minecraft’s own seed algorithms, support for multiplayer worlds, and editors for certain blocks including chests and mob spawners.
To get an idea of what MCEdit can do, just watch this tutorial/walkthrough by a famous mapmaker:
To download the latest MCEdit or report any problems you may have, head over to the official site. You can find downloads and other helpful links on the left sidebar, and news about the program's development will be posted regularly. If you want to share MCEdit, please only link to the official site at http://www.mcedit.net/. Don't upload MCEdit to a file sharing site or post links to the direct downloads. If you downloaded MCEdit from a site other than mcedit.net, I do not recommend using it.
MCEdit is continually under development. If you want to help, the simplest thing to do is download one of the "development" builds from the download page and play around with it. Post in this thread or on the issue tracker on GitHub if you find anything wrong. Be sure to include version (and build) numbers or your report won't be very helpful. Click on the Report an Issue link to find out what is needed for a helpful problem report.
A brief Frequently Asked Questions list is maintained on github. If your question isn't answered there, go ahead and post in this thread. If you think it should be included in the FAQ, just say so!
- Navigate the world using familiar WASD controls and mouse aiming.
- Show the locations of dropped items, game entities including monsters and villagers, hidden ores, plus blocks with TileEntities and other Minecraft internals.
- Load saved games from current Minecraft versions, plus the older Classic and Indev versions.
- Limited support for Minecraft Pocket Edition saved games
- Export blocks and game entities as a .schematic file to be imported by MCEdit or compatible programs.
- Automatically fixes wool colors when importing and exporting between Minecraft PC, Classic, and Pocket editions!
- Double-click on a chest to change its contents, or double-click on a mob spawner to choose what spawns.
- Brush tool “paints” blocks in a round, diamond, or square shape with configurable size. Different brush modes will add new blocks, replace blocks, alter the top layer of the terrain or wear it down to smooth out rough objects.
- “Paste” brush allows you to import an object with a single click.
- “Flood Fill” brush will change all blocks that form a connected mass.
- Clone tool makes a copy of blocks and entities, optionally making multiple clones in a line or scaling the copy up or down.
- Clone and Import tools can rotate an object around any axis, or flip it horizontally or vertically.
- “Filter” plugins let users add functionality to MCEdit by writing Python code.
- Move the world’s spawn point, automatically removing blocks to make sure the spawn point is acceptable to Minecraft.
- Move and rotate any player in a single- or multiplayer world.
- Expand or contract the world’s size by adding or deleting chunks. Chunks are the basis of Minecraft’s “infinite” saved game format.
- Create new worlds or add chunks to existing worlds. The Minecraft Server can be harnessed to create natural terrain that meshes with the world’s existing seed. Flatlands can also be created at any height.
- “Analyze” feature counts the block and entity types in a selected area, optionally saving them to a .csv file.
- Maintenance commands can delete all blocks, entities, or chunks in a selected region. This is useful for getting a “corrupted” world back into a playable state.
Dec 31, 2012Note: This information is no longer correct for the new launcher (Minecraft 1.6 and above.)Posted in: Java Edition Support
Table of Contents
What is LWJGL
What is LWJGL?
LWJGL is the LightWeight Java Game Library. Essentially, it is what Minecraft uses for graphics, sound, and input. The latest version of LWJGL is 2.9.1. Currently, the game ships with LWJGL 2.4.2 on the old launcher. However, the new launcher will always provide the latest build.
- Updating will fix some input bugs where keys seem to get stuck if you click at the same time. It also removes the "ghost" mouse pointer clicking.
- Some users report a performance increase upon updating.
- This can also potentially fix some issues regarding sound not working/cutting out.
- It has been reported to fix intermittent crashes on Windows.
- It has also been known to resolve the "cannot get JAWT interface" error for Mac users using Java 7.
- With 2.8.1, on most 64 bit computers, the lwjgl64.dll update will cause a black screen crash. You can revert to the backup version you have saved if needed.
- Again on several 64 bit computers, the OpenAL64.dll update can cause a sound glitch that makes bursting sounds. Keep a backup in case you need to rollback.
- Version 2.8.5 generally breaks shift-clicking, 2.8.4 and 2.9.0 does not - you can change the url in your browser to access 2.8.4 or 2.9.0 rather than 2.8.5.
- With version 2.8.5 on Windows, clicking mouse button while holding W/A/S/D keys stops the walking. This bug is already fixed in LWJGL 2.9.0
- LWJGL 2.8.5 has a bug which sends a false signal that the user released all currently pressed keyboard keys when a mouse button is pressed. That means that your building will be significantly slower. Do not update to this version if this bothers you.
- This bug seems to be fixed when playing in fullscreen mode (Default F11), or updating to LWJGL 2.9.0.
I have created a simple utility to update LWJGL to the current, most stable build of LWJGL.
You can download it here.
Current versions the auto updater has: 2.9.0, 2.8.4 (old version, do not use unless you have a reason)
Where to download
Select the latest stable release and download the lwjgl-X.X.X.zip. You should also backup your .minecraft folder before following the steps below. As a last resort, you can use the Minecraft Launcher's Force Download option to reset the files.
What to replace
In the lwjgl-X.X.X.zip, there should be two folders, named jar and natives. You should replace the files in .minecraft/bin and .minecraft/bin/natives with the versions from the .zip.
The .minecraft folder's location varies by operating system.
- Windows: %appdata%/.minecraft
- Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft
- GNU/Linux: ~/.minecraft
All operating systems
You should replace these files in .minecraft/bin/
You should replace these files in .minecraft\bin\natives\
You should replace these files in minecraft/bin/natives/
- For this one, create a copy of openal.dylib, then rename it to libopenal.dylib
You should replace these files in .minecraft/bin/natives/
Jun 16, 2013Posted in: DiscussionQuote from 0strichGuy11
I forgot what it was exactly... something about moneybookers... you can google it.
Go to some popular store and buy a prepaid Minecraft card. They sell those now.
I see. If I were you I completely wouldn't (hint hint) do that whole sneaky change of the country to the UK thing or anything like that.
Jun 16, 2013Source: http://help.mojang.c...chase-minecraftPosted in: Discussion
If you live within the state of Illinois, the Moneybookers website lists this location as "coming soon". Some users have reported success by selecting a different state during the purchasing process. Alternatively, prepaid cards are now available in US retail stores, and are coming soon to European stores.
Jun 13, 2013I'm pretty sure the Y-height has the same limitation as the world (X, Z) itself. That being of what I am guessing to be around 2,147,483,647 (as this is the max value of a 32-bit Integer, even though coordinates work off floats, I would assume this be a standard limitation) [wiki also confirms this]. Just like traveling that far, you'll get bugs, but not impossible, but run the risk into crashing. However...reaching such heights is something I don't think you need to concern yourself with.Posted in: Discussion
- To post a comment, please login.