Mostly some programming/mod development stuff to report.
First, some gradle stuff had to be updated because, sadly, parts of the internet that modding relies on are not permanent. If you're a modder for, say 1.10 or 1.12, this is the tl;dr of what I changed in the build.gradle files to make sure mods I have released continue to compile, and you should change yours also:
- jcenter() was changed to mavenCentral(), because jcenter is
shutting downbecoming read-only and dependencies will become out-of-date
- http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven was changed to https://maven.minecraftforge.net , because Forge's offiicial Maven endpoint URL has changed, and HTTPS is a good thing
Now that I know my stuff compiles "from scratch" again, I have made a mod template for those who may be interested in creating a Changeling add-on: