- Registered Member
Member for 8 years, 2 months, and 17 days
Last active Wed, Dec, 7 2016 00:06:31
- 5 Followers
- 766 Total Posts
- 114 Thanks
Nov 24, 2015Posted in: PC Servers
Rest in peace in pieces Convicted 2015-2015
"Welcome Players of Convicted,
I'm the Owner of this server and you can call me Silas_Bowen/LaughNgamez
You're clearly wondering what happened to Convicted and why there has been changes.
As you've likely realized, Convicted has shut down. Viper for his own reasons is no longer continuing to run the server.
This offers us both an opportunity to benefit the communities of both MCF and Convicted.
Out of respect and what we feel is best for Convicted, the server domain will now point to the Minecraft Community Prison (MCP) which is a server I have ran for the past few years. This will allow both communities to combine and hopefully rekindle the classic prison genre.
Originally MCP was a server which came after Convicted and was inspired by it. Due to this the base structure of MCP is similar to the foundation of Convicted.
MCP has been a hobby for many years and I have enjoyed adding things to it to keep it interested, players may find it more developed than Convicted, possibly overwhelming.
I promise you though if you take the time to get used to it I believe you could have a great experience on this server like you did on Convicted.
As a result a merge into MCP will be fairly simple, hopefully smooth as possible.
- We'll be transferring player ranks up to Free
- Up to 100k of a players money will be transferred
- Donators on Convicted 2.0 will be given a 2 week donator access on MCP
Contact Silas_Bowen or Zeedin to get help with your transfer. We will only be able transfer your data if we confirm you had it before.
Of course if you have any questions or concerns make sure to voice them.
For MCP players nothing will change"
Aug 23, 2015Posted in: PC Servers
time to become ninjapwnz
So there’s a lot of controversy right now revolving around quests and how there’s nothing for frees to do, and it’s becoming basically the same thing as 1.0 - wasn’t this what 2.0 aimed to fix? I don’t want to blame anyone, so I won’t say that this is anyone’s fault. But at the moment, there’s even less for frees to do than there was before, at least in my opinion. Omega shops are minimal, there are barely any quests and they’re even harder than before, basically, there’s nothing to do but parkour and mine. These things get boring or frustrating after a while, and what results is people quitting.
I have several ideas as to what frees could do, but I don’t have the details or logistics of anything worked out, and there’s literally nothing I can do without speaking to a warden. I’m sure other players have ideas too, so if I and others who are willing to help could get the contact information of a warden or two, I’m sure we could work together to solve these problems and make Convicted more enjoyable for everyone. I don’t really want to post my suggestions on the forums without the opinion of one of the staff, just in case any of them are completely ridiculous. Just my thoughts.
Aug 3, 2015Posted in: PC Servers
You guys can save your condolences for some other year, Convicted has gone gold and is currently being double checked for any bugs by the staff's coders. An official release date will be announced with in the next week or so with the server's release being shortly after that. In the meantime, we have prepared a trailer to showcase some of the revamped areas in the prison. Convicted will fully utilize updated 1.8 plugins to not only bring back the classic prison server everyone once loved, but to also introduce new gamemodes, improved events, and an overall better experience that just was not possible on the previous server. We appreciate your patience and look forward to seeing you there on MC-Convicted.org!
The best part of this was Penguii getting killed tbh
Jul 23, 2015Posted in: PC Servers
Does this answer your question?
- To post a comment, please login.
Aug 30, 2011Posted in: Maps
Update, 9/13/17: I have started a completely new version of this map six years later, and I hope to share it with everyone soon. I don't want to reveal too much, but I'm very excited about it. Stay tuned!
This isn't a SkyBlock ripoff. I was working on Sky Conqueror for about two months before I released it, and this was released before SkyBlock anyway. I initially didn't want this to look like a typical sky survival map, rather a map where it's essentially survival but with your main materials divided into separate islands.
Sky Conqueror, Date created: August 30, 2011.
SkyBlock, Date created: September 4, 2011.
Big thanks to Taiine for helping me out with this map almost ever since I posted it!
for southpaw3687's full playthrough of the map. If you don't feel like playing the map or something you can use his videos to see what the ending is like.
I used the skylands map to make this, so if you end up seeing little floating islands off in the distance, please don't go to them. They're just remains from the other map. You can find Skylands here.
And if you actually go to The End, you'll get useful stuff in chests, which just makes everything even easier. (don't follow the eye of ender if you throw it, it leads you to the wrong stronghold. the stronghold is at the end of the map)
The normal world
Basically, you start on a big floating square in the sky. You can find caves in every square. The first square has iron and coal, and the rest of the squares get better for each one you get to. The next one has gold, then the next is redstone, then lapis lazuli, then diamond. The last one doesn't have any ores, just dungeons. The dungeons currently don't have amazing stuff in them.
Look around the map if you feel like it though. When I get bored making this, I put random stuff in it that might help you. I recommend multiplayer in this map, as it does get fairly difficult, and you would get through it faster.
Creating a Nether portal is actually against the rules, because the Nether is in the normal world. You can find nether islands to the west of every other island. For example, the second island has a nether island to the west of it, then the 4th island has one, and the 6th island has one.
The first nether island has zombie pigman spawners, with some soul sand and fire. The second one has glowstone and ghast spawners, and everything from the island before it. The third one has a nether fortress, and all the stuff from the one before it.
Since blazes can't spawn in the normal world, I put chests with blaze rods in them in the nether fortress.
The End is currently pretty big. There's a huge square as big as the normal ones in it, but it's made of End Stone. It also has obsidian pillars on it with chests in it. Just make sure you kill the enderdragon when it's above some blocks, or you'll miss all the experience orbs.
I have plans to make there be 3 enderdragons to make it harder.
There aren't any Ender Crystals, cause I couldn't figure out how to spawn them.There are now, thanks to someone telling me how to do it.
Tasks you can do (optional)
You don't have to do these, I just thought the map should have some tasks. I put them together pretty quickly, so I might be updating them. You can also make up your own tasks if you want, doesn't really matter.
Collect half a stack of Rotten Flesh
Collect half a stack of Bones
Hardcore Monster Slayer
Take over a cave by slaying the monsters and lighting it up
Collect a full stack of Ender Pearls
Collect a full stack of String
Collect a full stack of Rotten Flesh
Collect a full stack of Sulphur
Collect two stacks of Bones
Craft 24 TNT
Get rid of 2 stacks of string by crafting 32 wool
Craft 8 stacks of Bonemeal
Collect two stacks of Ender Pearls
Collect three stacks of Rotten Flesh
Collect 16 Ghast Tears
Kill the Ender Dragon
Create a working Wheat farm
Create a working Cactus farm
Create a working Pumpkin farm
Create a working Melon farm
Create a working underground Wheat farm
Create a working underground Cactus farm
Create a working underground Pumpkin farm
Create a working underground Melon farm
Create a working automated Wheat farm (above or underground)
Create a working automated Cactus farm (above or underground)
Create a working automated Pumpkin farm (above or underground)
Create a working automated Melon farm(above or underground)
Create a mining shaft
Collect a full stack of Iron
Collect a full stack of Coal
Craft a full set of Iron Armor, Gold Armor, and Diamond Armor
Craft these tools with every material possible: Sword, Shovel, Hoe, Axe
Craft a clock
Craft a compass
Find the huge ore vein in each island besides the sixth one
Build a bridge so there are walls and a ceiling. Extra points if you put glass in the walls
Build a mob trap on the second block.
Create a Lava Fall.
Build a 3+ story house with at least 20 windows and a balcony with a view.
Build another block before the first one
Build a piston powered cobblestone generator
Build a doorbell
Build a noteblock song as a doorbell
Create a monorail between the blocks
Build a piston powered mob trap
Blow up or mine out an entire island of your choice (The End and the Nether islands count too)
Destroy the Path to the End (the big tower at the end of the map)
Destroy the entire tall tree on the sixth island
Destroy the walls on the third nether island
Break all the trees on the Swampland Biome
Break all the mushrooms on the Mushroom Biome island
Rules (Please read!)
1. You can only build in the direction the arrow points, and the left of where the arrow points if there is a nether island there.
2. You cannot create nether portals. Just use the nether islands.
3. No purposely jumping off the edge to restore your hunger.
These pictures are outdated by about a year and a half :S
Square No. 1
Square No. 2
Square No. 3
Square No. 4
Square No. 5
Square No. 6
The end of the map
Extra credit to people who helped
Mr_Saxobeat for help testing
Cybexx16 for help testing
supermitch68 for help testing
kraw45086 for creating most of the tasks on the task list
Everybody for making the videos
Everybody for giving feedback and supporting my map
To download, click on the latest version and wait 5 seconds. Then click "Skip Ad" in the top right corner once it's done. Some people say they don't download anything from adf.ly because they don't wanna wait 5 seconds, but I've been working on this for 364 days and 1 hour and 43 minutes as of the time I wrote this (which I just noticed). I don't see what the problem is with waiting 5 seconds.
Sky Conqueror V2.3.0.zip
Sky Conqueror V2.2.1.zip
Sky Conqueror V2.2.0.zip
Sky Conqueror V2.1.4.zip
Sky Conqueror V2.1.3.zip
Sky Conqueror V2.1.2.zip
Sky Conqueror V2.1.1.zip
Sky Conqueror V2.0.0.zip
Minecraft 1.0.0 - 1.1
Sky Conqueror V1.8.2.zip
Sky Conqueror V1.8.1.zip
Sky Conqueror V1.8.0.zip
Sky Conqueror V1.7.0.zip
Sky Conqueror V1.6.8.zip
Sky Conqueror V1.6.7.zip
Sky Conqueror V1.6.6.zip
Sky Conqueror V1.6.5.zip
Sky Conqeuror V1.6.4.zip
Sky Conqeuror V1.6.3.zip
Sky Conqueror V1.6.2.zip
Sky Conqueror V1.6.1.zip
Sky Conqueror V1.6.0.zip
Sky Conqueror V1.5.1.zip
Sky Conqueror V1.5.0.zip
Sky Conqueror V1.4.0.zip
Sky Conqueror V1.3.1.zip
Sky Conqueror V1.3.0.zip
Sky Conqueror V1.2.0.zip
Sky Conqueror V1.0.1.zip
Mod version downloads
Tauvelite ore and Swords+
Mod: Tauvelite Ore
Mod description prior to this map: The mod needed for this is SwordsPlus1.3. Please read the description in the topic for more info on the entire mod. Anyways, this takes the ore from the Swords+ mod, and adds it to the 6th island. They only appear in one vein, and aren't terribly common. There isn't really any way to use this ore without getting the swords that come along with the map.
Download: Sky Conqueror V1.8.2 (Swords+).zip
If you didn't bother to read any of that, don't play that version of sky conqueror if you don't have the mod installed.
Aug 13, 2011Posted in: PC ServersServer IP: MC-Convicted.orgTeamSpeak 3: MC-Convicted.org
- Looking for a classic, nostalgic, bare-bones prison server? You've come to the right place! Convicted is the longest running prison server of all time, and has set precedents for numerous servers of its kind.
- Since our creation, we've stuck to the same, competitive gameplay. None of that saturated, OP-Prison garbage.
No coddling. No unfair play. Just pure, raw, competitive pvp. Enjoy your time in prison.
You've been sentenced to life in Penitentiary. The Prison runs on a currency called Behavior Points. With BP you can buy items, plots, cells, and a higher prison rank. Most items can be sold for BP, but how you get these items is up to you. Will you work in the mines or shank your cellmate? Will you befriend the guards or become notoroius?=======================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================
Use /rankup to pay the required amount and ascend to the next rank.Only the worst prisoners will be sent here. Hard labor and dark, murky conditions make this block abundant with illegal activity. As a result, Guards rarely patrol the area.Cost: 2,500 BPThe default rank of convicts. Mining and chopping wood are your basic moneymakers. Most people live here, so crime and violence are everywhere. The cost only applies if you are ranking up from D-Prisoner.Cost: 15,000 BPCongratulations on ascending from the lowest block. But to continue progressing through the ranks, more BP is needed. New mines, new cells, and less PvP make prison life easier.Cost: 35,000 BPFinally, your first taste or luxury! You may find that ranking up is easier from here on out. Some of the fastest moneymakers as well as minimal PvP make this block a great reward.Cost: 65,000 BPYou've made it! You are now the highest rank of prisoners. You have every sector at your fingertips and are highly respected by prisoners and staff. Four incredible ways to earn BP, month-long cells, and absolutely no PvP make this block the best in the prison. Freedom is only one step away!Cost: 100,000 BP
Through good behavior, you have finally earned your freedom. You are now free to roam the wilderness. Prison rules are not enforced here. Stealing from others is allowed, but griefing is not. You may come back to the prison at any time, but you must follow prison rules while inside.
Chain Armor Protection IICongratulations on being accepted! You must now prove yourself worthy to become a full guard. If you work hard, a promotion won't be far off.Chain Armor Protection IVYou are now a full-fledged Guard. Patrol the prison and make sure the rules are being enforced. Break fights, kill offenders, and confiscate contraband items. You also now have access to Block-B, and are invulnurable to hunger.Chain Armor Protection VIYour trust and loyalty has attained you the prestigious rank of Alpha Guard. Your powers are like that of a moderator; you have the ability to mute, kick, ban, and warp. Your recommendations now mean a lot to newer Guards. Your influence upon server decisions is greatly increased. The only rank left to attain is Warden.Wardens maintain the server. We regulate events, glitches, rules, and strive to keep the server at its best.
Breaking these may result in temporary confinement, but will not result in a ban
- Do not attack other prisoners/guards.
- A Guard will kill all who attack regardless of who started it.
- If you kill the guard, he won't attack you again unless you break another rule
- No Running to Non-PvP after a guard hits you
- Results in jail time
- No starting 5+ fights in a short timespan
- Results in demotion to Block-D (applies only to C's)
- Never be in possession of contraband items.
- A Guard will count down from 5.
- If you do not hand it over, the following will happen:
- In a PvP-Zone: The guard will attack
- In a Non-PvP Zone: Results in jail time
- If you throw your item to another player and not a guard, the guard will decide whether it was intentional or an accident. The following will happen based on the guard's decision:
- Intentional: The guard will attack you as if you didn't give the item. The guard will not attack the other player
- Accident: The guard will count down again for the other person
- Do not abuse PvP zones
- No camping outside any Non-PvP area to kill other users
- No hopping back and forth between PvP and Non-PvP while a Guard is counting
- No running into Non-PvP during a Guard fight
- Plots and warp signs are treated as Non-PvP zones
- All will result in Jail time
- Do not grief mines/other areas in which you can build
- Destroying saplings in Tree Farm:
- Results in jail time
- Placing Lava
- Results in jail time if used to grief
- Results in tempban if used to kill
Breaking these may result in a ban
- Do not use mods or hacks
- Do not spam the server
- Do not abuse glitches
- Do not advertise other servers
- Do not grief the Free Wilderness
- Do not sell items/BP for actual money
Think you have what it takes to guard? Follow these steps:
- Read the Guard Rules before applying.
- Fill out the application and post it below.
- Wait for it to be reviewed. Do not ask a Warden in-game, or it will automatically be denied.
- Within one week we will make the decision. If you are not promoted, consider your application denied and try again.
1) Username:2) Your age:3) How long have you been playing the server? (Minimum of 3 days)4) Have you read the Server, Prison, and Guard Rules?5) Any experience with the prison genre?6) What is your time zone?7) Why are you the best choice for guard? (1-2 paragraphs)8) Do you understand that nagging Wardens in-game to read your app will result in immediate decline?9) What is your current prison rank? Do you understand that we will require a screenshot of this when/if you retire from guard?
New guards are first set to the "Trainee" rank. A Trainee Guard is upgraded to full guard through a recommendation from an Alpha or Warden. Full Guards are upgraded to Alpha Guard through recommendations from Wardens only.
What to jail for:(Standard jail time is 10min) (5 sec countdown must be given)
- Refusal to give contraband (In Non-PvP Zone)
- Abuse of Non-PvP Zones (Includes plots)
- Griefing Mines, Tree Farm, etc.
- Running into Non-PvP during a guard fight (includes plots)
- Breaking a server rule (Alert a Warden afterwards)
- Logging off during PvP with a guard
- Trapping a guard in a plot
- Kill anyone that attacks you or another prisoner.
- If a prisoner is being attacked but does not fight back, do not kill the victim unless he/she fights.
- If a contraband item is seen, order the prisoner to give it over.
- If the prisoner does not comply, begin counting down from 5.
- After 5 seconds, you may do the following:
- PvP Zone: Attack the user
- Non-PvP Zone: Jail the user
- NO GRUDGES.
- If a prisoner kills you, you may not spawn, find him, and revenge kill him.
- To attack him, you must wait for the prisoner to attack you again.
- Put "Noakii" somewhere in your app or you will be denied.
- Non-PvP means a "clean slate" for prisoners
- If a prisoner hits you and runs into NON-PvP, you cannot attack them when they leave unless you sucessfully hit them before they entered.
- Do not jail users for more than 30 minutes.
- Only exception: Users breaking server rules
- All Guards MUST join the Guard Faction
- Ask an AlphaGuard for an invite
- Do not store Guard Kits.
- Guards abusing kits will be demoted or banned depending on the situation
- /kit guard
- Supplies a diamond sword
- /kit potion
- Supplies health potions
- /jail temp
- Jails the user. Brackets only designate a value that must be entered. Use "m" for minutes. (10m = 10 minutes)
What to mute for: (Standard Mute time is 30min) (Always give a warning, then mute if they continue)
What to ban for:
- Manual spam: Temp mute
- Auto spam: Perma mute or ban
- Harassment/chat fights
- Out-of-control chat fights, racism, etc.
- Includes links, minecraft servers, etc.
What to demote to D for:
- Abusing major glitches
- Ex: Duping
- Using mods or hacked clients
- PvP hacks, speed hacks, wall hacks, x-ray
- AlphaGuards are allowed to use the x-ray mod to catch x-rayers.
- 3+ jailable offenses within one hour
- (User is jailed and returns to break another prison rule- 3 times)
- 5+ fights in a short timespan
Use this form to appeal an unban
- /mail send
- Used to demote C's to D
- Demote a user after 3 jailable offenses in one hour
IGN:Current rank on the server:Reason you were banned:Warden/Alpha that issued your ban: (N/A if you don't know)Approximate time of ban: (Include time zone)Why you deserve to be unbanned:Any additional information:
Aug 28, 2015Posted in: PC ServersAttention players of convicted!
DaChiimp and myself have obtained file access, and with this we have added several new changes.
- Added /omega for frees, which brings you back to omega. This is so you don't have to keep your home set at omega to be able to teleport back there. This command only works in the free world.
- Added guard armor, something that has been wanted for a while.
- Fixed issues with /kdr not showing the proper ratio.
- Added faction chat
- Properly blacklisted invisibility, leaping, and strength 2 potions.
- Properly blacklisted enchanted golden apples.
- Fixed faction members being able to hit each other.
- Fixed a few possible causes of lag.
- You can now properly rename your virtual chests.
- Other small changes that no one will notice.
Aug 20, 2015Posted in: PC Servers
I understand that we're still within the first week of the reopening, however, I must say that I've found the server to be disappointing. I understand the lag is inevitable on the first couple of days, but there have been cases where average server ping is over 1,400,000 (Screenshot below).I feel that the lag is extreme and that it seriously needs to be fixed ASAP. The second issue I have is that Donor has become extremely overpriced, and I'm saying this as someone who has given $150 to the old Convicted as donations from myself and others. I understand that the server needs money to survive, however, I find it absurd that the price has gone from $40 lifetime to $35 every three months for the same perks. It needs to be remembered that the vast majority of the players are teenagers without jobs, many of which cannot legally work at their age, and that the monthly payments will keep several players from donating. I believe that it would be more reasonable to have additional sethomes and sign colors available at a set price for all sethomes and colors, and have it last forever at a cost of $15 for the sethomes and $10 for the colors. I also think that the Donor Block, name color and tag perks should be exclusively placed into one bundle and sold for $10 for three months, coming out to $40 each year, meaning that the server will be able to collect new income quarterly and have the new model become profitable over the old model in a year, helping deter a cash-grab scheme, which it honestly feels the server has devolved into at this point. At the very least, if Donor will remain so extremely overpriced, the quality of the hosting needs to improve tremendously.
Aug 20, 2015Posted in: PC Servers
If you are unaware you can now officially purchase donate to the server! You can purchase a donator pack, colored, name, etc. by visiting here: http://convicted.buycraft.net The donor packages have been changed to monthly packages to help ensure that the server can survive a long time off of donations.
Sorry for double post.
Remember when you guys said it wasn't going to be monthly? I find it extremely funny that you guys honestly believe that you haven't angered some of the past player base with some of the things you have done. Lets see first there was the fact that it became clear very quick that you guys needed money so bad that you had to make everyone re-donate to the server. When that blew up in your face you guys thought hmm we could appease them by offering something to them temporarily (not ideal but honestly not your worst plan). Oh then it leaks that Viper wants to do monthly donations that caused one you know what storm so eventually we were told by Stray that you had got Viper to back off of that plan. Then as we approach the release it comes out that past donors get nothing to recognize them for what they did before great idea by the way back off on something that wasn't ideal for everyone but was somewhat of a compromise and go back to something that has no benefit for past donators. Now you go full circle and announce that you are indeed going to do monthly donations, I get it the server needs money to run fine but your failure to recognize that you are angering a most likely large part of the player base with your jumping around when it comes to donations is inexcusable. If you were going to do monthly donations you should have stuck to your guns from the start. So thank you for the misinformation Stray and much of the rest of the staff you did a great job with your botched handling of this. Also lets not forget that you yourself penguii couldn't help but make a post every week saying oh it will be up in a couple days or something.
This used to be a well run server and I was proud to be a member of the community, but now we have gone to this kind of crap where misinformation is spread for weeks trying to convince the player base to return and that everything will be great only to see you turn on that information that was being spread. I don't want this to come out as a total hate post though, because well I am annoyed even a little angry I still think this server can make it work. But saying that things need to be handled differently in the future and well I admit that I have some issues with some of the staff I still respect the hard work that they have put in to bring convicted back to its community, and well I personally am not currently playing on the server if my account is on its most likely to be my sister I'm not ruling out a return in the future.
Edit: I should probably change my tag cause its not relevant anymore.
Jul 29, 2015Posted in: PC Servers
This is my rock friend Todd. Todd is age 11 and lost both his parents at age 3. Todd wants to be normal but he isn't, he has no hat. Please give Tom a hat and maybe he can start to feel normal for once. Thanks.
Jul 23, 2015Posted in: PC Servers
Greetings Convicted players!
I know you guys are waiting forever, We apologize...but its all penguii's fault! Just kidding
In updates with the server, we are on the final stage before we reopen our doors again, Hex is checking with all the plugins we are adding and making sure everything works perfectly when we reopen again! Just alittle longer, it wont be long for now, we will alert you guys on the release date soon enough, hoping it won't be long from now. I've been waiting like you guys too, I wanna reopen too as well!
- To post a comment, please login.