- Registered Member
Member for 9 years, 1 month, and 5 days
Last active Tue, Mar, 18 2014 03:06:43
- 0 Followers
- 50 Total Posts
- 6 Thanks
Mar 11, 2013You NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED NEED screenshots in your thread if you want anyone to download your work. On the other note, I didn't like it. You need to put more effort into your textures. You need to put ALOT more effort into your textures.Posted in: Resource Packs
Mar 10, 2013Please read the rules before posting here, you need pictures of your texture pack. Anyways, your texture pack isn't very good. You just wrote "Sky" on some blocks and you included every single original texture without editing it. Please get some effort before making a texture pack.Posted in: Resource Packs
Mar 7, 2013This belongs in the texture discussion I believe. You do need to get a new program, MS Paint does NOT support transparency. I recommend using Paint.NET if you are inexperienced with image editing software. If you want to, you can try out GIMP or if you have tons of money to waste, you can use Photoshop.Posted in: Resource Pack Discussion
Mar 7, 2013Its just a default recolour/edit. I don't like it at all. The reason I don't like it is because the colours you chose to recolour the default blocks do not fit at all. Try better next time. Also you need to have some screenshots in the post, so people know it is not a virus.Posted in: Resource Packs
Feb 27, 2013Posted in: Resource PacksQuote from Squid_Emperor
Well, my point was that having no definite theme i.e "it's a bit of everything" just makes your pack confusing and, ironically, very common. Having a strong definite theme is what you need!
In regards to blocks: (Don't take this badly; you want feedback, you get it.)
- Melon is oddly smooth
- The 'mortar' on the brick is very bright (try grey instead of white!)
- Snow is too bright
- Cobble is a nice colour but too contrasting between light and dark. Make it a bit more neutral.
- Sand needs a better palate (what is going on with it?!)
- The white bands on the books on the bookshelf are too white
- Birch tree trunk! My eyes!
- Rails (not the wooden bits) need more contrast
- What on earth is up with the neon-yellow strip on the powered rails?
- Lime and pink(?) wool are very saturated
- Glowstone... Maybe a border? It's very bright but it could work.
- Lava needs more contrast
I like the GUI's a lot nice colours there...
I have taken every thing into consideration, and I agree with you for the most part. Somethings I don't agree on however, lol
- The melon is a honeydew, known for being really smooth and white.
- Snow is a right brightness, but I might tone that down a little.
- The dark cobbling on the cobblestone also looks nice to me in my honest opinion.
- The red strip on the powered rail is redstone.
- Glowstone is supposed to be a stone that glows really brightly, corners would not make sense.
- Pink was toned down a bit, but the lime is a good colour in my honest opinion.
Feb 26, 2013Posted in: Resource PacksQuote from Squid_Emperor
Not too bad, some textures are a bit too contrasty. I like the dark feel to it but the white of the glass and other blocks hurts my eyes against the dark textures.
Try to get the theme more obvious, are you going for a fantasy, modern or medieval pack? Try to decide and keep your theme in mind!
But it's a good start, especially seeing as you've done all of the textures (something I never seem to be able to do!)
I agree on the glass, it is gonna have a new texture sometime soon, but could I know the eye-hurting blocks so I could change them? The theme is a combo of all of the themes you mentioned, which makes this unique in a way.
- To post a comment, please login.