Is there a way to disable certain mobs? Twistox are absurdly hard for a first journey to the Nether, and Reavers are just useless difficulty (they don't even drop anything good, just wheat).
- Registered Member
Member for 10 years, 5 months, and 4 days
Last active Mon, Dec, 5 2022 22:48:57
- 3 Followers
- 1,931 Total Posts
- 255 Thanks
Jul 28, 2018Zsashas posted a message on Arcana RPG - 5 Dimensions - 100+ Mobs - Bosses - Minibosses - Updated July 15 2016Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Jul 19, 2018Posted in: Minecraft Mods
What are you talking about? Excavation Focus never pulled items to you.
Jun 24, 2018Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Wasn't 1.10 TC5? Pretty sure he's moved on. What reason is there to stay on 1.10?
May 13, 2018Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Which version are you on? Rotten Flesh definitely has aspects, and the Crucible causing damage was removed in TC6 (not sure about TC5).
May 12, 2018Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Gunpowder is my go-to source, and I assume most potions would have it (haven't found any yet to check).
May 12, 2018Posted in: Minecraft Mods
So...how do I make Arcane Stone? I haven't found the recipe anywhere at all in the Thaumonomicon (TC6). I assume it's the same as the old method, but there really should be a page with the recipe, especially considering how many early pages have recipes requiring it.
Dec 19, 2017Zsashas posted a message on Mowzie's Mobs: Powerful overworld enemies and more! - Version 1.5.14: Down below and up above!Posted in: Minecraft Mods
I love Ocarina of Time and Deadhand, but my concern here is that if I add it directly, then Mowzie's Mobs becomes a Legend of Zelda mod, which ruins the integrity of the fiction I am trying to create. If I add it with a different name and appearance, then people will accuse me of "ripping off" Zelda. I already do receive such accusations, but this mob is much less archetypal and would be harder to make my case for.
I'm sure the community and I can think of another mob that fits the same atmosphere and role in the Minecraft world.
How about this: the main mechanics are still the same, but instead of a main body and arms, it's a Summoner of sorts? Maybe a dark swirl of black smoke that forms into a somewhat solid shape, would also explain how it goes in and out of solid walls. At this point it would probably be different enough that it wouldn't even resemble the Dead Hand anymore, really.
Dec 18, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
I remember one of the trade-offs being that Instilled Loyalty overrode the mob's native AI in most cases. So a Creeper would follow you, but wouldn't explode (also couldn't attack, because no attack AI other than exploding). Zombies and Skeletons should still work, though.
Dec 11, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Interesting development when playing the latest version of Lycanites Mobs tonight. I headed into the Nether, when suddenly a mob event started playing! I had my internal clock set to December 17th, so it was Satan Claws. But I had already been attacked by Geonaches when mining ore, so I just thought "okay, I guess that these things happen in the Nether now".
But then when I left the Nether, the event started again! And soon after the chat said that it was no longer spawning mobs. Cool. Fun times.
Except later when I go back into the Nether, there are Satan Claws EVERYWHERE! As I'm walking along, I see the framerate start to stutter. It's like they're still spawning all around me. And then I realize that the chat never said that it stopped spawning them in the Nether, only the overworld! So I warped back to the portal to get back to the overworld and am inundated with more Satan Claws than I can count!
So anyways, I figure that wasn't supposed to be happening, so I'd better report it.
That second picture is nightmare fuel damn.
Dec 10, 2017Zsashas posted a message on Mowzie's Mobs: Powerful overworld enemies and more! - Version 1.5.14: Down below and up above!Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Now, I know you don't want to add creatures that exist already in mythology or other games or whatnot, but hear me out: the Dead Hand.
If you've played Ocarina of Time up to Beneath the Well, you'll have an idea of the nightmare I'm thinking of. I just feel you and your amazing animations could really do a good job with this. Some changes, of course, to both avoid being a direct copy, and to make it more feasible in Minecraft.
Possible modifications & other details:
- Only reveals itself when there is a single player within a certain distance. If more players arrive, it hides itself and retreats.
- Possibility to force it into visibility by finding the hiding place, perhaps a Lens of Truth-sort of thing.
- This would not be an enemy to spawn anywhere, but something for a structure, like the Ferrous Wroughtnaut. Some sort of underground crypt-like chamber.
- When hiding, it goes into blocks like Silverfish, but the block is marked with a dark shadow of sorts. Would start out hidden in the center block of the chamber, only popping out when a single player enters. Perhaps limited to hiding inside certain types of blocks, to prevent it from getting too far away or following the player if they decide to flee.
- Can move up to a few blocks away when hidden, but not too many. Perhaps it only appears to move, moving the shadow on the block, while the real entity remains in the initial position, although this is really only effective the first few times.
- Minor loot, or visibly fancy chests in the chamber, to tempt a lone player into entering unawares? Greater loot for killing it, of course (still working on that bit).
- One drop could be the Lens of Truth type item itself, to allow future encounters to be made somewhat easier.
- Option: a certain number of hands/arms have to be killed/destroyed before the main entity reveals itself/is able to be harmed.
- Option: the blocks it hides in become unbreakable via normal means, but explosions can force it out into the light.
- Since this would likely end up counting as undead, thus being flammable in sunlight, perhaps it is quicker to resume hiding if exposed to the light.
An alternate name would probably be needed, along with some minor visual differences unless you wanted to just make the Dead Hand as-is. I'm struggling on thinking of a name, though, at the moment.
I could see this being both really fun and potentially terrifying. Good on servers, where you might accidentally break into this underground chamber, and maybe you realize what it is and retreat for backup, or maybe you don't...
Go get backup, to collect some minor loot? Or challenge what lies in the darkness, all alone?
Dec 2, 2017Posted in: WIP Mods
You'll need to do better with your search skills. Also, it's probably best to use CurseForge instead of Curse, as it is practically the same site, but with a better UI:
I'm giving you both of these because I can't remember exactly which one is specific with the crash. Also, using both isn't going to hurt you either, which is always a plus.
Well, the first one is only for 1.11 at the latest, so looks like it's the second one, since it does have a 1.12 version.
Dec 2, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Scythes could have the beheading property, with cleavers getting a new property giving extra drop chance for things like gunpowder, rotten flesh, or ender pearls. Cleavers are typically a sort of dismembering weapon anyway, so it could still work.
Beheading for Scythes, Dismember/Eviscerate for Cleavers.
- To post a comment, please login.