Is there going to be information on the dragons added to the site soon? I didn't even know they existed until it was almost too late c:
- Registered Member
Member for 5 years and 7 days
Last active Thu, Mar, 29 2018 14:20:32
- 3 Followers
- 1,923 Total Posts
- 253 Thanks
Dec 19, 2017Zsashas posted a message on Mowzie's Mobs: Fantasy mobs for your MC world! - Version 1.4.0: Winter is herePosted in: Minecraft Mods
I love Ocarina of Time and Deadhand, but my concern here is that if I add it directly, then Mowzie's Mobs becomes a Legend of Zelda mod, which ruins the integrity of the fiction I am trying to create. If I add it with a different name and appearance, then people will accuse me of "ripping off" Zelda. I already do receive such accusations, but this mob is much less archetypal and would be harder to make my case for.
I'm sure the community and I can think of another mob that fits the same atmosphere and role in the Minecraft world.
How about this: the main mechanics are still the same, but instead of a main body and arms, it's a Summoner of sorts? Maybe a dark swirl of black smoke that forms into a somewhat solid shape, would also explain how it goes in and out of solid walls. At this point it would probably be different enough that it wouldn't even resemble the Dead Hand anymore, really.
Dec 18, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
I remember one of the trade-offs being that Instilled Loyalty overrode the mob's native AI in most cases. So a Creeper would follow you, but wouldn't explode (also couldn't attack, because no attack AI other than exploding). Zombies and Skeletons should still work, though.
Dec 11, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Interesting development when playing the latest version of Lycanites Mobs tonight. I headed into the Nether, when suddenly a mob event started playing! I had my internal clock set to December 17th, so it was Satan Claws. But I had already been attacked by Geonaches when mining ore, so I just thought "okay, I guess that these things happen in the Nether now".
But then when I left the Nether, the event started again! And soon after the chat said that it was no longer spawning mobs. Cool. Fun times.
Except later when I go back into the Nether, there are Satan Claws EVERYWHERE! As I'm walking along, I see the framerate start to stutter. It's like they're still spawning all around me. And then I realize that the chat never said that it stopped spawning them in the Nether, only the overworld! So I warped back to the portal to get back to the overworld and am inundated with more Satan Claws than I can count!
So anyways, I figure that wasn't supposed to be happening, so I'd better report it.
That second picture is nightmare fuel damn.
Dec 10, 2017Zsashas posted a message on Mowzie's Mobs: Fantasy mobs for your MC world! - Version 1.4.0: Winter is herePosted in: Minecraft Mods
Now, I know you don't want to add creatures that exist already in mythology or other games or whatnot, but hear me out: the Dead Hand.
If you've played Ocarina of Time up to Beneath the Well, you'll have an idea of the nightmare I'm thinking of. I just feel you and your amazing animations could really do a good job with this. Some changes, of course, to both avoid being a direct copy, and to make it more feasible in Minecraft.
Possible modifications & other details:
- Only reveals itself when there is a single player within a certain distance. If more players arrive, it hides itself and retreats.
- Possibility to force it into visibility by finding the hiding place, perhaps a Lens of Truth-sort of thing.
- This would not be an enemy to spawn anywhere, but something for a structure, like the Ferrous Wroughtnaut. Some sort of underground crypt-like chamber.
- When hiding, it goes into blocks like Silverfish, but the block is marked with a dark shadow of sorts. Would start out hidden in the center block of the chamber, only popping out when a single player enters. Perhaps limited to hiding inside certain types of blocks, to prevent it from getting too far away or following the player if they decide to flee.
- Can move up to a few blocks away when hidden, but not too many. Perhaps it only appears to move, moving the shadow on the block, while the real entity remains in the initial position, although this is really only effective the first few times.
- Minor loot, or visibly fancy chests in the chamber, to tempt a lone player into entering unawares? Greater loot for killing it, of course (still working on that bit).
- One drop could be the Lens of Truth type item itself, to allow future encounters to be made somewhat easier.
- Option: a certain number of hands/arms have to be killed/destroyed before the main entity reveals itself/is able to be harmed.
- Option: the blocks it hides in become unbreakable via normal means, but explosions can force it out into the light.
- Since this would likely end up counting as undead, thus being flammable in sunlight, perhaps it is quicker to resume hiding if exposed to the light.
An alternate name would probably be needed, along with some minor visual differences unless you wanted to just make the Dead Hand as-is. I'm struggling on thinking of a name, though, at the moment.
I could see this being both really fun and potentially terrifying. Good on servers, where you might accidentally break into this underground chamber, and maybe you realize what it is and retreat for backup, or maybe you don't...
Go get backup, to collect some minor loot? Or challenge what lies in the darkness, all alone?
Dec 2, 2017Posted in: WIP Mods
You'll need to do better with your search skills. Also, it's probably best to use CurseForge instead of Curse, as it is practically the same site, but with a better UI:
I'm giving you both of these because I can't remember exactly which one is specific with the crash. Also, using both isn't going to hurt you either, which is always a plus.
Well, the first one is only for 1.11 at the latest, so looks like it's the second one, since it does have a 1.12 version.
Dec 2, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Scythes could have the beheading property, with cleavers getting a new property giving extra drop chance for things like gunpowder, rotten flesh, or ender pearls. Cleavers are typically a sort of dismembering weapon anyway, so it could still work.
Beheading for Scythes, Dismember/Eviscerate for Cleavers.
Nov 30, 2017Zsashas posted a message on Deeper Caves - Go Beyond the Void! [10000+ Downloads]Posted in: Minecraft Mods
If the developer of this mod comes back to it, wanted to say the following, epic mod and thank you so much for it! Now for a requested feature. Id like to be able to add mobs using entity ids in a config file to the various levels, so far ive been able to do this with lycanties and a couple others due to their mods having a feature that allows for their mobs to spawn in other dimensions other than the overworld, but I'd like to be able to add in certain advent of ascension mobs etc to your levels. A Similar system for ores, that allow custom oregen veins to spawn by giving the block id, this would allow me to be able to free up my overworld from an over abundance of ores by blacklisting them in the overworld but whitelisting them to spawn in various sensible deeper caves levels,this would also allow me to give myself and fellow players rewards for digging so deep, etc etc.
If its alot to code in, then nevermind, however if not, it would definantly help with the mods useability. Its already a must for me, but being able to tweak it even more would be awesome!
Finally one feature that may be impossible to code in, a feature that adds a custom level for us to drop into that is configurable via config as well. Say the Abyssal Wasteland etc from Abyssalcraft by dropping down from the labyrinth, or the erebus, or a secondary overworld that is on the oppisate side of the map. etc etc added this suggestion in on a whim so.
Perhaps, for the third option, an option to simply use an existing dimension as a layer.
Would need two variables:
1: The dimension above, AKA where to insert it in the layer order
2: The ID of the dimension in question
So for example, after the chasm layer, you could fall into the Twilight Forest or the Deep Dark or something, would be absolutely amazing.
Oct 1, 2017Zsashas posted a message on [Released] AcademyCraft: acquire your superability! [To Aru Railgun/Superabilities/Wireless Energy]Posted in: WIP Mods
Does anyone know what the Electromaster's "Current Charging" ability does? It says it charges held items or blocks in the world, does that mean RF or something else?
Aug 7, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
I am trying to work on the lumen harvesting progression, but I can't seem to get it to work.
Here's what I have:
- a casting temple with 3 diamonds worth of crafting experience on the casting table
- the recipes for lumen repeaters and the structure for lumen repeaters (the wooden one) and the structure repeaters (the one with runes)
- the recipe for a ritual table (but not the recipe for a structure for the ritual altar)
- a bunch of blank fragments (so I can't progress that way).
- a series of lumen repeaters (the wooden ones) between Kuro, Kitrino, and Karmir pylons and my ritual table
I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to try to perform a surge protection ritual at the ritual table because that's one of the few things that I have that can use lumens. But, it doesn't seem to work. I tried to draw lumens from a kuro and zambaru pylons for my enchantment decomposer, but that didn't work either.
I'm trying to figure out what might be broken. Possible theories include:
1. Maybe it doesn't work because the pack I use doesn't have the pylons set to automatically load their chunks and that's breaking something. Do I need all three colors for the ritual table to start trying to draw lumens? Might this be causing problems with my lumen repearters knowing they are connected to each other? I've been building dimensional anchors to try to fix this, but it still doesn't seem to work.
2. Maybe I need the ritual altar structure for the ritual table to work and actually try to draw lumens. (But then how do I get the recipe for the structure?)
3. My lumen repeater network is broken (but I really don't know how - I think I've checked it multiple times). Is there an easy way to debug the network? Also, there are only 2 repeaters between the Kuro pylon and the ritual table. I think I should at least get Kuro. Do I have to do anything to connect the pylons to the repeaters to the ritual table, or should that all figure itself out on its own?
4. Maybe I'm not using the table correctly? I use the buttons on the left and right to select surge protection and then click the picture. I then click the ritual table with the elemental manipulator. I get a sound that sounds like a bad sound and nothing happens.
5. Maybe I have some other way of drawing lumens that I've missed and I'm not supposed to start with the ritual table and surge protection.
I'm at a complete loss as to what to do next. Any ideas? Can you at least narrow down what I should be working on fixing?
The ritual table definitely needs the structure around it to function. Check the Progression tab of your lexicon to see what you need for rituals.
Jul 11, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Thanks for the info on the Purification Dust,
as for the turbocharging, I tried everything, got rid of the tree all together, went and tested on a pylon in the middle of the desert, even made the pylon into the Atmospheric Broadcasting Pylon, cleared 3 blocks in all directions and flattened out the land still no turbocharging, the only thing i can possibly think of is that you have to actually complete the corresponding Chroma Dimension puzzle and own the Core to the color you're trying to turbocharge. I'm going to test this today with the Ruskea pylon of mine since i've done that puzzle already.
I believe this is indeed the case, you can only turbocharge a color if you have completed it's puzzle. Reika, feel free to correct me if wrong.
Jun 3, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Aura tracker is lying to me. Nothing anywhere near where it started indicating. How EXACTLY does this thing work? Going in the same direction as the particles gave me nothing , going away from them gave me nothing . I blasted out the area with tnt, and even resorted to an xray bug, and found nothing whatsoever. Whats the deal? It was the green particles if that helps.
I am losing my god damn mind here.
Jun 3, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
It only has two states or me, on and off. No cycling...
Jun 2, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
So what is the Aura Tracker supposed to do? Doesn't seem to actually do anything, no matter how close I get to a buried structure.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.