- Registered Member
Member for 10 years, 3 months, and 15 days
Last active Wed, Apr, 23 2014 16:16:55
- 0 Followers
- 27 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Mar 27, 2011Kinniken posted a message on Millénaire - NPC village - 16/09/18 : Millénaire 7 open betaPosted in: Minecraft Mods
Millénaire forums for more in-depth discussions than here:
Millénaire 7.0 open beta! Millénaire 7.0 introduces two great new features: a reworked Norman culture and the construction of a massive, end-game marvel: Notre Dame of the New World! Head to the beta page for all the details and the download link.
Millénaire 6.2 for Minecraft 1.12 available!
Millénaire is now officially updated to 1.12.2. Download the new version on www.millenaire.org!
Millénaire is a single- and multi-player mod for Minecraft. It aims to fill the "emptyness" of single-player worlds by adding NPC villages to it, with loose 11th-century Norman, North Indian and Mayans themes and additional cultures planned.
Villages are populated with men, women and children of various kinds, who perform tasks such as trading with the player, expending current buildings or improving existing ones, cultivating crops such as wheat in Norman villages and rice in Indian ones, crafting tools and powerful amulets, etc. As the village expends, the number of villagers increases as couples have children who grow up into new adults.
Help villages grow by trading with them and be rewarded with unique items such as Normand and Indian food or statues and tapestries to decorate your house with. And if they start liking you enough, they might even build you a house of your own.
Millénaire is available in the following languages: French, English, German, Russian, Polish, Spanish, Czech, Swedish, Dutch, Portuguese, Slovenian, Hungarian, Chinese, Arab, Estonian, Norwegian, Ukrainian (more coming!)
Download Millénaire on Millenaire.org.
Want to know more first? Check the overview.
For more information, including a FAQ, known compatibility with other mods, and common install issues, you can check the Millénaire Wiki:
Millénaire Library of user-created content to extend the mod:
Millénaire forum for more in-depth discussions:
Come across small villages while exploring, such as this Norman settlement...
Millénaire review by CGzCinema showing the mod's main features
... or this Japanese one, centred on a rice paddy.
6.2.10 - 08/09/2019
- It is now possible to donate goods to villages for a big reputation boost
- Added two new advancements, Amateur Architect and Medieval Metropolis
- The keys for the Millénaire menu, the village list and the escort toggle are now set using the standard Millénaire UI
- Players' data is now linked to UUID not player name, enabling players to change their player name without losing their Millénaire progress
- Added two new commands, one to teleport players to a village and one to change a player's reputation with a village
- Fixed a bug where Millénaire stairs and slabs would have display issues when smooth lighting was off
- Fixed a bug where paths could be built over mud bricks
- Fixed a bug where the number of nights spent by a merchant in a village would reset when reloading the world
- Fixed a bug where sub-buildings would appear on the village map, hiding the main building
- Fixed a bug where middle-clicking a full path block in creative would give you a path slab
- Fixed a bug in the handling of Byzantine textures
- Content Creation improvements:
-- New format for buildings' text data, much easier to read than the old one
For older releases, check the wiki page: Millénaire Updates
Or discover a mysterious Mayan pyramid, abandoned in the jungle. (Texture pack: Soartex FanVer with Millénaire HD blocks)
Check the FAQ page on the Millénaire wiki: http://millenaire.or...ki/Category:FAQ
- MinerMiah for the Mayan culture (including skins)
- Minepower for the Japanese culture
- Rasseru for the updates to the Japanese culture
- Ticlon for the Byzantine culture and some of the lone buildings
- SMP for all the Indian skins. Great and fast job! Check also his texture pack that includes a full reskinning of Minecraft itself, Millénaire, and many other mods as well!
- johnlmonkey, Razulra, cubex3 and TheDoctorMouse for skins
- Nandonalt and karahan : some buildings
- joeyjam: icons for the Norman armour
- minami26: graphics for the Norman armour and icons for the Norman tools
- The MCP team, without whose work I would not have attempted this mod
- The #risucraft and #mcp-modding channels, and specifically _303, ZeuX and ProfMobius, for saving me a lot of time with timely help
- MineColony and Builders, for inspiration and useful examples of modding Minecraft
Listen to the villagers discussing their job, life or simply the weather.
Making new cultures
Since Millénaire 1.4, the bulk of a new culture can be made without code (not just buildings and village types like before, but new NPCs as well). As such I'm interested in player-made cultures to integrate in the main game, provided they fit the general theme of Millénaire of "real" cultures from around the 11th century. Players interested in producing one for Millénaire should PM-me about it. If we agree on the idea, I'll provide support in the form of help on how to mod Millénaire and in the form of whatever new code might be needed (for new items, blocks or good productions), though likely not with the buildings and NPCs themselves. I reserve the right to change anything I might not like in a culture I'm shipping with the mod itself, but in practice I intend to leave as much of a free hand as possible to culture designers.Contribution welcome, it helps make Millénaire a rich game!
See what they are doing and what they need in the villages' centres.
- There is a lot of content to fill up in the Millénaire Wiki, feel free to help: http://millenaire.org/wiki/
- Female and children sounds
- It would be very useful if people who have been playing for a while could post detailed accounts of how they play Millénaire, what they like/don't like, what their goals are when playing, etc. I need more comprehensive feedback, not just small reactions to individual features.
- New lone buildings: the more different kind of lone buildings (or variations of the same kind), the better. People wanting to do lone buildings in the same style as the existing ones are welcomed. You can post your creation in the thread, preferably with a screenshot. I'll add those I think fit in Millénaire.
Trade with them, to help their villages grow and gain unique blocks, foods and items.
Downloads are available from millenaire.org.
Thread for posters to discuss custom building plans in: http://www.minecraft...f=1039&t=253387
Wiki page with adapted texture packs: http://millenaire.or...i/Texture_Packs
Feel like paying me a cider? . Otherwise, I'm always looking for more SugarSync referrals (similar to DropBox but more generous free quotas). Note that you have to install the app, not just sign-in online, for me to get a quota bump.
See their villages develop in prosperous communities...
For more information, help, known bugs, etc., check the new Millénaire Wiki: http://millenaire.org/wiki/. Feel free to contribute!
...or massive fortresses surrounded by desert.
But be wary in your travels, for hostile bandits and soldiers can be waiting deep in the woods!
Encourage villages to trade with one another, or push them to war and see their men battling while the women and children
And when the pull of adventure becomes too strong, seek out the mysterious Sadhu in the forest to start a great quest on the origins of the world.
Who knows, you might even come across the mysterious Panthéon, the massive structure where the contributors and donors to Millénaire are immortalised.
Note to modpack makers: Millénaire can be freely added to modpacks provided you credit me and provide a pro-eminent link to millenaire.org.
Signatures by minami26 - now with dynamic version info:
This mod is Copyright (2011) and is my intellectual property. Only minecraftforum.net is allowed to host any of my material without my consent. It may not be placed on any web site or otherwise distributed publicly without advance written permission. Descriptions or other content on the mod (for example, reviews) are allowed as long as the download links provided point to this thread or to the Millénaire Wiki. Works derived from this mod in any significant way, for instance by re-using the mod's source code, are forbidden without written permission.
Jul 11, 2011EDIT: This mod has been discontinued by the author. the author has given permission for someone else to continue it. This can be found here: TrapCraft v1.03Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Welcome to trapcraft, a mod that adds useful new blocks that can be used in countless ways to make evil, malicious, deadly new traps easier and better ever! Currently this mod adds 5 new blocks that are each extremely versatile, and open up a whole new world of trap making possibilities. We have another block coming soon, as well as new additions to the current blocks, bug fixes, and more. You are welcome to suggest additions to this mod.
It now uses modloader! Yay!
Table of contents
Here is an overview of all of the blocks added to the game:
The igniter gives you control over fire. When powered by redstone, it lights on fire. Light monsters on fire and watch them burn at a safe distance!
This block is pretty simple: On all sides but one it looks like normal glass, but at the right angle it looks like smooth stone. Look at monsters falling into your traps when they can't see you!
Sticky Sand (And Gravel)
This allows for much easier pitfall traps, closing doors, secret passage ways, ect. When placed, it looks like regular sand but doesn't fall, and when it is powered by redstone or an adjacent block is removed, it falls just like normal sand. As a bonus, it can even aid in your sand castle making! Sticky gravel works exactly the same.
All of the current ways of damaging players have there own problems. Lava and fire are hard to control, and cactus is has strict rules about how it can be placed. However, for the price of a few iron, spikes are placed just like normal blocks and deal damage 3 times faster the cactus and doesn't destroy the items dropped by dead creatures.
One problem with traps has always been triggering them. Pressure pads is the common solution, but these are not hard to avoid if the player observant. This block looks just like a normal chest, but when right clicked on, instead of opening, the latch turns red and it activates redstone around it.
Install instructions are inside. Please note that this needs modloader to work. You can find it here.
v0.2 - Added modloader support
v0.1 - Mod released!
Here is a list of things we are planning on adding to the mod when we get the chance. Please note that we are begging modders, so all of this stuff may take a while as we are still figuring stuff out.
- Bug fixes - There seems to be numerous bugs, so we are going to work on those.
- Bait blocks - Blocks that attract mobs. Meat blocks will attract monsters and hay blocks will attract animals.
- Spikes on walls - So you can have smashing spike plates!
- Other types of one-way glass - one way glass made of other materials.
- Multiplayer mod - This may take a while, but we will try to make a bukkit plugin or something for this mod.
- Igniter has to un- and re-light ever 10 seconds or so.
If you like this mod, post to keep it alive and press the !
Mar 14, 2012Teh_Havvers posted a message on [1.2.5] MADS: Minecraft Advanced Destruction SystemYou know, I kept saying I'd make a thread for this and, well, I finally got around to creating one.Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Anyways I'd like to introduce, or rather re-introduce the old Minecraft Advanced Destruction System (MADS for short) from ye olden days of Beta 1.3_01. Rather than type out a massive wall of text, I'll break down what each bit of this mod does for those of you who don't remember, or weren't around during this mod's heyday.
Points of Interest
- Dirt Fountain
- Directed TNT
- "Grey" Goo
- Gravity TNT
- Strip Miner
- Source Code
- Known Bugs
- Terms and Conditions
- Evidently people think this mod is interesting enough to do video reviews of, awesome.
Dirt Fountain (default ID: 231)[/anchor]
- Ah, the dirt fountain, does exactly what you'd expect: spray dirt everywhere and make a huge mess. Useful if you ever need farmland and have managed to annihilate all the dirt in your world.
Directed TNT (default ID: 232)[/anchor]
- Alternate name: the Diagonal Tunneler, hurls blocks from a ground-wardly direction based on the side it's activated from. Useful for getting down deep quickly.
"Grey" Goo (default ID: 235)[/anchor]
- Your average "eats any material it comes into contact to" block, save it only eats whatever the initial seed block is activated on top of. Use only as directed, make sure to ask your doctor if "Grey" Goo™ is right for you.
Gravity TNT (default ID: 230)[/anchor]
- The spiritual predecessor to Pheenixm's Novabomb, sucks up blocks within a large radius and after a few seconds launches them straight up into the air. Useful for playing a game of extreme dodgeball, regrettably not as pretty as the Novabomb.
Strip Miner (default ID: 234)[/anchor]
- Alternate name: Planet Cracker. This wonderful little device is designed to hoover up anything below it, refine the what can be refined, liquids placed into buckets and then deposited into chests nearby. Initial activation place glass safety shield and chests, second activation begins the process
- The downloads section for any versions of MADS I release. Version numbers of MADS will be the same for the version of Minecraft they work with, any releases after initial release will have a letter appended to them. Requirement: ModLoader
MADS v1.1.0 (Don't download, only made available for purposes of OCD completionism)
- And here I make the mod source code available. See Terms and Conditions for relevant terms pursuant
Source v1.1.0 (Again, only available for completeness'-sake)
Block IDs do not change to reflect any changes made to mod_MADS.props. IDs locked to: Dirt Fountain/231, Directed TNT/232, Gravity TNT/230, Grey Goo/235, Strip Miner/234.
Grey Goo uses the jungle wood texture.
Grey Goo still refuses to use its proper rendered effect. Unsure why. Possible evidence of gnommish conspiracy?
Grey Goo still not animated properly, current version definitely an improvement over using a placeholder texture though.
Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
0. USED TERMS
MOD - modification, plugin, a piece of software that interfaces with the Minecraft client to extend, add, change or remove original capabilities
MOJANG - Mojang AB
OWNER – UltraMoogleMan, original MOD author, retains full rights to this MOD.
MAINTAINER - Teh_Havvers, MAINTAINER of the MOD. Under the copyright terms accepted when purchasing Minecraft (http://www.minecraft.net/copyright.jsp) the MAINTAINER retains some rights over this MOD despite use of MOJANG code.
USER - End user of the mod, person installing the mod.
THIS MOD IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITH NO WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE MAINTAINER OF THIS MOD TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THE USE OF THIS MOD. THIS MOD ALTERS FUNDAMENTAL PARTS OF THE MINECRAFT GAME, PARTS OF MINECRAFT MAY NOT WORK WITH THIS MOD INSTALLED. ALL DAMAGES CAUSED FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS MOD FALL ON THE USER.
Use of this MOD to be installed, manually or automatically, is given to the USER without restriction.
This MOD may only be distributed where uploaded, mirrored, or otherwise linked to by the MAINTAINER solely. All mirrors of this mod must have advance written permission from the MAINTAINER. ANY attempts to make money off of this MOD (selling, selling modified versions, adfly, sharecash, etc.) are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN, and the MAINTAINER may take action to rectify the situation.
4. DERIVATIVE WORKS/MODIFICATION
This mod is provided freely and may be decompiled and modified for private use, either with a decompiler or a bytecode editor. Public distribution of modified versions of this MOD require advance written permission of the MAINTAINER and may be subject to certain terms.
Nov 24, 2011erskew2 posted a message on [1.0.0] Better Snow Golems [v1.2] [1500 Downloads]Posted in: Minecraft Mods
What Is Better Snow Golems?
Better Snow Golems is a simple mod that gives snowballs the ability to do damage equal to one heart, and to hold them in stacks of 64. With this, Snow Golems will now do damage, and so they can be used for a lot of different things that they could not be used for before. Why not try and use them as defenders of your base? Or to kill mobs in a mob grinder? You can do whatever you can think of with them. And now, you can bring them to those warm biomes!
List of features:
- Snowballs do damage!
- Snowballs can be stacked up to 64!
- Snow Golems don't melt in warmer biomes!
- Snow Golems do damage!
- Snow Golems are now upgradable! By right clicking on a Snow Golem with coal, you'll get a Coal Snow Golem! Click on them with iron and get an Iron Snow Golem!
- Pumpkins can be pushed with pistons! You can create Snow Golem factories with this!
- Snow Golems will also drop sticks!
Alternative Version Download: https://adcraft.co/nx8bf4
Have you ever wondered if Better Snow Golems could go further than just making them do damage? Well, I thought about this, and it resulted in this alternative version! Snow Golems will shoot fireballs extremely quickly! Just hope that they don't burn themselves.
Client (Up to Date):https://adcraft.co/u4bdfo
Server Download (Behind a Few Versions):http://www.mediafire.com/?gkf2dfky8kawkl8 This is a beta version of the server, it has not been tested. Report bugs in the thread.
Showing snowballs in stacks of 64 - screenshots of Snow Golems coming soon.
Snow Golems in warm biomes!
1) Open up %appdata%, if you don't know how to do this, start>run, then type in %appdata%
2) Browse to .minecraft/bin
3) Open up minecraft.jar with WinRAR or 7zip.
4) Drag and drop the necessary files into the jar.
5) Delete the META-INF folder in the jar.
6) Run Minecraft, enjoy!
Version 1.2, A lot of changes. Snow Golem attack speed brought back to default, along with health. Instead of a togglable mode, Snow Golems can now be upgraded to better modes.
Version 1.1, Snow Golems have a new togglable mode. Pumpkins can be pushed with pistons, and Snow Golems will drop sticks along with snowballs.
Version 1.02, Snow Golems attack faster.
Version 1.01, Snow Golems do not melt in warm biomes. Increased health of Snow Golems.
Version 1.0, First release.
Note: This does not use ModLoader, and may be incompatible with other mods that edit the Snow Golem or Snowball file.
Credit goes to RobinZ52 on this banner!
Put this in your signature to use it:
Put this in your signature:
- 100 Downloads
- 500 Downloads
- 1000 Downloads
- 1500 Downloads
- 2000 Downloads
- 2500 Downloads
This document is Copyright ©(2011) and is the intellectual property of the author. It may be not be reproduced under any circumstances except for personal, private use as long as it remains in its unaltered, unedited form. It may not be placed on any web site or otherwise distributed publicly without advance written permission. Use of this mod on any other website is strictly prohibited, and a violation of copyright.
- To post a comment, please login.