This mod adds three blocks that can store items just like a chest. But, barrels can only store one item type, but a lot of it. The quantity that is able to be stored varies by the type of barrel used.
The second tier, called the Ender Barrel can hold 1028 stacks of items and is crafted as shown:
The best barrel, called the Quantum Barrel holds 4096 stacks of items and is crafted as shown:
- Note that these crafting recipes can be changed within the configuration file of the mod if you would like to change them.
- Capacities of barrels can also be configured there.
- You can put items into a barrel by right-clicking with your hand. All the items (if the barrels is not full) will be put into the barrels only if the item in your hand is matching the item, in the barrel.
- You can take items out by left-clicking the barrel as if you were braking it. It will take out a stack at a time. If you want to take out individual items, you can sneak (default key is shift) and click the barrel.
- If you want to put all the items in your inventory into the barrel, you can double right-click on the barrel.
- If you want to upgrade a barrel (a barrel is nearing or is at capacity), you can double right-click a barrel with a barrel that is of a higher capacity. This will swap the barrel that is in your inventory with the one that is in your world without having to replace it having to re-sort all your items. Make sure you only have one barrel in your inventory or it won't work.
- Barrels work with hoppers and dropper and other mods that have inventory changing blocks just like they would with chests, but only accept one item. Note that by default items can only exit/enter by the top and bottom. This can be changed in the configuration option.
- If you don't like the plain look of a barrel, you can put a item frame on a barrel and it will take full advantage of it. By sneaking (default key is shift) and right clicking a item from an a side of a barrel, the item frame is going to snap onto the barrel and display whatever is in the barrel. If you want to take a item frame off the barrel, just place another item frame and both will pop of the barrel.
- if you want to fit as many items from the barrel into your inventory, click one empty slot, then switch to another one and click again.
- if you want to pull out a specific amount of items, sneak and hold left click, one at a time, items will flow into your inventory. Depressing left click stops the items.