From a quick google search, it looks like the Switch version of the game doesn't actually support 128x textures. This is because there's not enough RAM on the system to load them. You'll have to make a version downscaled to 64x for these users.
- Registered Member
Member for 2 years, 1 month, and 12 days
Last active Thu, Aug, 5 2021 00:57:27
- 1 Follower
- 61 Total Posts
- 5 Thanks
Jul 22, 2021Posted in: Resource Packs
Jun 22, 2021Posted in: Resource Packs
The item texture for pointed dripstone is missing.
Oct 28, 2020Posted in: Resource Packs
Always nice nabbing stuff for free on the marketplace. Sadly I don't think those skins will work with Java though, only the Bedrock versions support HD skins.
Anyway just posting to give a heads-up: there's a patch coming out this Thursday which is adding a "Social Interactions" menu when playing multiplayer. From what I can tell, here are the new textures which need to be added:
1. There's a new texture in the gui folder called social_interactions.png
2. A new tutorial icon has been added to toasts.png next to the wood icon
Here's a couple more issues to fix, too. I've put them inside this spoiler.
Simple issue to spot with the bed here. One half of the bottom texture is flipped incorrectly. (I'm pretty sure it's like this on all the beds, too)
Comparing how the chests look with 1.14 Jolicraft:
vs. how they look now:
It looks like you made some small mistakes when you updated the chests for 1.15. For the single chest the interior is oriented upside down (rotated 180 degrees) from how it used to be, similar to that issue the ender chest had a while ago. (the exterior textures are all vertically mirrored too, but that's not really important.)
The bigger issue here is the double chest's interior texture though. It's pretty jarring to see that in-game once you notice it for the first time.
The double trapped chest's interior is also upside down from what it used to be.
Sep 12, 2020Posted in: Resource Packs
Noticed that you fixed the outline on the redstone torch disappearing when it's unpowered. However the redstone repeater and comparator still have this issue:
Not sure how to fix.
It also looks like the texture for the end gateway beam stopped supporting transparency at some point.
The health icons in hardcore mode are identical to the regular health icons. You should probably give those a different colour than the standard red (maybe darker red?).
I'll also go ahead and list the remaining default/missing textures I've identified in the pack.
- When the player has a map open in their hands the default texture shows up. (looks like this is map_background_checkerboard.png in the map folder)
- map_icons.png might be worth customizing
- The conduit "wind" effects (run the game without optifine to test these, for some reason they don't appear with it installed)
- The conduit's break_particle.png (shows up when you mine a conduit)
- The Illusioner (illager mob that doesn't appear in survival, uses Vindicator/Evoker model. Use /summon minecraft:illusioner to see it in-game)
- wither_armor.png in entity>wither (the shield which appears when the wither drops below 50% HP, basically just scrolls left to right across the wither's body)
- bars.png in the gui folder (boss health bars, you can use the exp bar as a base)
- The exclamation marks in world_selection.png (these show up when you hover over a world from an older version in the world selection menu)
- unknown_pack.png and unknown_server.png in the misc folder
- forcefield.png in the misc folder (this texture shows up when you reach the world border, it's seen pretty often on servers. You can bring it close to spawn with /worldborder set <size>)
- The underwater vignette; underwater.png in the misc folder is a recolour of the default texture
- The tutorial icons in toasts.png are default textures
- checkbox.png in gui (This is used for a checkbox which I think only shows up the first time you open the multiplayer menu.)
You'll need to make a new installation in the launcher to test those last two.
Aug 20, 2020Posted in: Resource Packs
Apparently that extra pixel still shows up if you use OptiFine:
It probably just didn't get erased fully, and is instead at like 1% opacity.
In case you're looking for something else to add, there's an unused illager mob called the Illusioner that isn't in the pack.
Aug 16, 2020Posted in: Resource Packs
Great! Love how the ice looks as it cracks. I take it changing the health icons to be red was intentional, then?
The only slight issue I see is that the peony still looks like it has an additional pixel when it's in the inventory, but not when you place it down. I'm guessing one of those pixels is still there at very low opacity. Not enough to warrant an update on its own, though.
BTW the Jolicraft site still says the Bedrock version is for 1.15
Aug 11, 2020Posted in: Resource Packs
Hey, quick heads up, today's 1.16.2 game update increases the pack format from 5 to 6, so you'll need to update pack.mcmeta. (Don't worry, your pack is still compatible with all 1.15/1.16 versions) You should also go ahead and update the planetminecraft and curseforge downloads again.
Speaking of curseforge, the little tagline for the pack there needs updating too.
One last thing: the peonies have these white pixels on them that look unintended.
Aug 7, 2020XenonZed posted a message on How do i add custom hit particles to my texture pack?Posted in: Resource Pack Help
This is for version 1.8, right? The image you want to edit is particles.png under textures>particle. The attack/hit particles are the row above the enchanting table particles.
Aug 6, 2020Posted in: Resource Packs
Oh, I also just noticed that the bamboo item and dead coral (the ones named "Dead Brain Coral" etc.) are missing. Not sure how I didn't spot these earlier, sorry!
Aug 6, 2020Posted in: Resource Packs
For some reason the default health icons are red now. I assume these red ones are supposed to be for hardcore mode (the lower row of icons), but you also made the default survival icons red too. (Not 100% sure if this was intentional or not)
A couple of other small issues which I'll just post here:
- The ender dragon's projectile is missing (dragon_fireball.png in the ender dragon folder)
- The ender dragon's exploding texture still has the second copy of the wing texture from before 1.15.
- The frosted ice textures (these show up when you use boots with the frost walker enchantment) are a recolour of the old defaults. These should probably be updated.
- The OptiFine zombie variant with the droopy eye looks a bit flat compared to the regular zombies because it doesn't have any hair. Could you give it some? https://i.imgur.com/rXfWqjh.png
Re: blackstone bricks, I think they don't blend too well with the normal blackstone compared to the polished blackstone. For example, this bastion has an obvious line where the two meet. That's what I mean when I say I think darkening the bricks slightly would make the bastions look better.
Aug 5, 2020Posted in: Resource Packs
I noticed there's a villager profession in the pack which doesn't show up! The Stone Mason is just called the Mason in Java edition. Just rename the profession texture from stonemason.png to mason.png to fix this. (Remember to also do this for zombie villagers)
Jul 28, 2020Posted in: Resource Packs
Hey, your website still says the update for the bedrock version of the pack is "coming soon" but it went live on the marketplace a week ago. You should fix that real quick!
Anyways, I have a couple more small things to point out if you don't mind me tossing some more stuff onto your plate.
- The textures for the blackstone bricks and cracked blackstone bricks should probably be made a bit darker, so that they match up more with the rest of the blackstone textures. I think it would make the bastions look nicer.
- I think I sent you an email about this, but I noticed the blaze in the screenshots and panorama is totally different from the blaze in the java version of the pack. You may want to update the blaze texture so it matches what's in the bedrock version.
Jul 1, 2020Posted in: Resource Packs
The Piglin Brute is now out in the snapshots!
Jun 28, 2020Posted in: Resource Packs
Looks like you missed the oak and dark oak signs. (The files for those are oak_sign.png and dark_oak_sign.png, right now you have the dark oak as darkoak_sign.png)
EDIT: oh also there's an extra pixel on the dark oak sign's item texture which shouldn't be there.
- To post a comment, please login.