- Registered Member
Member for 10 years, 9 months, and 26 days
Last active Tue, Apr, 30 2013 20:46:44
- 0 Followers
- 136 Total Posts
- 4 Thanks
Feb 18, 2012WippitGuud posted a message on The Betterverse. Private Devs, better plugins, excellent communities. [1.6]I am going to whitelist for Bettercraft! Again!Posted in: PC Servers
Nov 24, 2011WippitGuud posted a message on The Betterverse. Private Devs, better plugins, excellent communities. [1.6]Minecraft Name: WippitGuud and passiontiger74 (we're a married couple)Posted in: PC Servers
How you discovered Bettercraft, link if possible: Bettercraft was a server listed in Spoutcraft, and we were both looking for a new server, and so here we are.
Geographical Location: Prince Edward Island, Canada
Average weekly playtime: Too much? We'll say an average of 14 hours each... that's 2 hours a day... although some days we might do 14 hours in one day. If the kids lets us. Or how slow a day at work it is. Ok, maybe 14 hours is too little... lets go with 28. Wait... too much, we play too much.
What interests you about Bettercraft.: It's better! And crafty! Actually, what we've seen so far is that it's laid out well, and there is some shred of maturity on it. Mind you, we're on the guest world right now, with is kind of like being a geriatric cow in a mosh pit at a Rage Against the Machine concert... whitelisting might get us box seats or something!
Do you understand that you can connect to the server right now, that this application is just for increased access?: Given the fact that my character is currently standing next to God... I'm fairly certain I can already connect. Or I had too much to drink last night and this is all in my head...
Sep 28, 2011WippitGuud posted a message on (BMK Server) [1.4.7] Winter Wasteland Zombie Survival1. Your IGN: WippitGuudPosted in: PC Servers
2. Tell us a little about yourself: Husband of 1, father of 4, the wife also plays Minecraft so you might get a 2 for 1 out of this
3. Age: 37
4. List some of the video games you've played: Lately? Minecraft, Civ 5, a few facebook games, went back to Runescape for like 3 weeks for some dumb reason...
5. What was the first video game you beat: Uhhh... man, I'm old... uhh... beat? Doom 1?
6. What do you look for in a server: Really hard PVE, very little PVP... 32...
7. Tell us about your history with SMP Servers: Everything offering something, but no one place offered everything
8. What was your last server and why did you leave: I forget the name, based in New Brunswick, and it closed.
9. How much do you play a week: Too much. I should be doing work around the house
10. What class will you choose and why: Hunter. Gives you a reason to kill the nasty freaks.
11. What aspects of Minecraft appeal to you the most: Building, and surviving mob attacks.
12. What do you think justifies the use of PvP on a SMP server: Personally, arena-only.
13. How do you keep up to date with your Minecraft server without being told: The forum.
14. Why should we select you over the other applicants: To have some crazy old guy over the age of 31 to push around
15. If you could remove a rule from our Rules, which would it be: PvP is still allowed, but with regulation and moderation
16. If you could add a rule to our Rules, which would it be: PVP only in specified arenas
17. Favorite Superhero and why (Batman and Iron man no longer accepted): Overall? Well, Deadpool isn't really a superhero Nightcrawler is a mutant, but not really a hero either. Spiderman is decent. but only in the comics. Ah, screw it, go with Deadpool.
Sep 28, 2011WippitGuud posted a message on [Hardcore Survival] The Wastelands - Can You Survive? [1.8] [Staff Recruitment]Why do you want to join? I want a server where the server is trying to kill me. Not too fond of PVP, but I'm willing to live with having to deal with it.Posted in: PC Servers
What is your user name? WippitGuud
Are you afraid? Yes. But not of this server.
How do you think you will end up? Repeated being smeared on the ground, blown up, burned, stabbed, pummeled, eaten alive, and generally turned into pixilated hamburger. And then doing it all over again.
Would you care to vote? Sure
Sep 28, 2011PVP is not my thing. If I want PVP, I go shoot things.Posted in: Starting Up / Looking For Server
What I would love to have in in a server is an extreme PVE experience - where the server, and not the players, is doing everything it can to kill you. The harder, the better - mobs spawning when you break blocks. Mobs spawning when you kill mobs. Pigmen and ghasts on the normal world.
I want a server where people have to cooperate to live. Where the loner in the wild is already dead, he just doesn't know it yet.
(about the only thing I don't want is hunger, but I can live with it)
Does such a server exist?
Jul 29, 2011Windows XP machine with a 64mb vid card.Posted in: Legacy Support
No mods installed. Running current version of Minecraft
Running current up-to-date of Java.
Game runs beautifully in single player - even though it's not the best computer in the house, it tends to have the most FPS.
When you try to join a server, it just goes to a black screen.
Have reinstalled the game more than once, and uninstalled/reinstalled java more than one.
Jul 5, 2011WippitGuud posted a message on 1.7 ➲Shards of the Protectorate ➲ Full of Awesome SauceMinecraft in-game name (Case Sensitive): WippitGuudPosted in: Minecraft Survival Servers (archive)
Where are you from? (Also, timezone please!) Prince Edward Island. As your mods/admins are awesome, all other relevant info should be known (or you failed geography in school!)
Have you read and agreed to the rules below? Yes
Apr 28, 2011Minecraft Username: WippitGuudPosted in: PC Servers
Gender (Male/Female): Male
Country of Residence: Canada
Your Character's Background (Roleplaying)(5 Sent. Min.): 'Umans. You tink you know it all, and den da world ends. 'Ordes of zombies wrecking 'avok in your sheltered little lives. "O no! O woe is us!" 'Ow pathetic.
You are not alone in the world, you never were. Wen da undead rose to destroy the worlds, yours was not the only race to be ravaged. Our 'omes, our world was also targeted, and the results were just as bad: villages destroyed. Families killed. Survivors trying to live; most dying in the process. The end of the world, dey say. 'Ow true.
We were never friends, but per'aps we can be allies. The enemy of my enemy, right? Maybe we can work together. Maybe we can create someting of lasying value in a world so shattered. Maybe we will win, and dis will be the start of a co-existence between our peoples.
An Image of your Character (as you imagine them): WippitGuud isn't human. He is a goblin. Goblins have existed in the world, mostly as legends and stories, but they are very real. Their villages and way of life was just as destroyed as the humans. Very few are left now, and Wippit is one of them. He feels it's time to set aside all prejudice and work together with the surviving humans. Strength in number.
Why do you want to join OUR server? (2 Sent. Min.): I've played tabletop RPGs for 26 years. I've tried several "difficult" survival servers with waning results. I want a server that is going to test people. I want just making it to build a house to be difficult. And this looks like the place.
What can you bring to the community? (2 Sent. Min.): I have extensive roleplay experience, and like to play 'in character' as much as possible, so I will continue the storyline. I've played Minecraft for some time, and can be an asset in building. I have an aversion towards dead bodies thinking I'm dinner, so I have no problems killing as many as possible.
Do you have a microphone (Yes/No): Yes
Will you be active on our Ventrillo (Yes/No): Undecided. Mainly because I have 4 kids, two of which are under 4, and I need to keep my ears open to hear them.
Have you read all the rules? Lieing will result in perm. denied. (Yes/No): Yes
Have you read and understood the lore? Lieing will result in perm. denied. (Yes/No): Yes. And hope playing another race will be a positive.
Do you understand the Game Mechanics / Currency system? (Yes/No): Yes
Have you downloaded and installed our custom texturepack? (Yes/No): Yes
Have you registered on our Official Forums? (Yes/No (If yes, what's your name on the forums?)): No. I'll reserve that for if I'm accepted.
Any other information you would like us to know about you: My cat's breath smells like cat food.
Feb 12, 2011WippitGuud posted a message on TheMaps Hardcore Survival Server [Bukkit][Hunger][Rare Ore]Age: 36Posted in: Minecraft Survival Servers (archive)
In game name: WippitGuud
Time playing Minecraft: Since August
Experience as a mod/op? None. Never requested it, never offered it
Experience with addons/modules? Lots, including most on this server
Why do you want to play in our server? As a reference. look at my responses in viewtopic.php?f=1030&t=162833 - I want a server where the server (and not the players) is trying to kill you.
Do you agree to the rules above? Of course
Feb 10, 2011Commenting on the above suggestions, just want to 'constructive criticize' :smile.gif:Posted in: Starting Up / Looking For Server
Longer nights - I think this one is a given
Nether mobs - also a given, we need more mobs. Again, if someone can convert mo'creatures to SMP, do it!
Increased spawn rate - Also a yes, especially the mob drops addition... I would allow any weapon kill, not just player weapon (so mobs kill each other, and arrow traps would still work)
- Make sure hunger isn't set too high. Especially if passive mobs attack back. A good rate I've found is 20% every 10 minutes. I say one server advertising 20% every 100 seconds, it'd be an eating server.
- If fatigue is on, and plants can only grow in sunlight, more water isn't fake difficulty :smile.gif:
Precious Stones - never seen this mod before... nice that gold gets a use.
Feb 8, 2011Would make a cool backstory for a server like this...Posted in: Starting Up / Looking For Server
Post-Armegeddon, players are survivors of a meteor shower on the planet. In addition to completely destroying the planet, the asteroid had within it the first proof of extra-terrestrial life! Intelligent at that! Mind you, that life is now trying to destroy us....
Creeper - Alien
Zombie - virus-infected human corpse (just like Resident Evil)
Skeleton - robot
And to increase the difficulty... I don't know if it's tweakabale, but currently the bad mobs spawn at light level 7 or less. Make it 9 :smile.gif:
And throw as many mob plugins as are available on SMP.
Feb 7, 2011Do this for a hard server... you'll need the Biome config program for it:Posted in: Starting Up / Looking For Server
- set sea level to 95 - this makes very few randomly scattered islands and deep oceans
- changeGrass:Sand, changeDirt:Sand - Oh look, most of the viable farmland has been wiped out.
- changeGravel:Dirt - Dirt becomes a mined-for resource. Make 1 in 10 blocks drop a grass block.
And if you want it truly extreme:
-changeWater:Lava, changeLava:Water - Those deep oceans are all lava now, and the only water sources are deep underground.
Then make it always-night
Each player would start with a kit of wooden tools and one sapling, since the chances of a surface tree will be all but nil.
- To post a comment, please login.