Basically I gave up on these forums, I suggest you get the pack directly on Curseforge: https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/texture-packs/pixel-reality-luminance
- Curse Premium
Member for 8 years, 8 months, and 18 days
Last active Thu, Aug, 22 2019 07:18:10
- 13 Followers
- 1,066 Total Posts
- 453 Thanks
Jan 13, 2019Wedhro posted a message on Pixel Reality Luminance - Realistic(ish) light effects without shaders! - All resolutions - Needs MCpatcher or OptifinePosted in: Resource Packs
Sep 23, 2017Wedhro posted a message on Pixel Reality Luminance - Realistic(ish) light effects without shaders! - All resolutions - Needs MCpatcher or OptifinePosted in: Resource Packs
Not a shader, just a resource pack, but thanks anyway.
Aug 31, 2017Wedhro posted a message on Randomly Generated Lore - Flavor Text Without a Forced BackstoryPosted in: Suggestions
I enjoy randomly generated semantic content but this one has two quite serious issues:
- Sooner or later the player will memorize the basic mechanics and no longer be surprised by its result; also, you can't really put together meaningful and interesting text with this method. Things like Cards Against Humanity work better because instead of <object>, <adjective> and so on it picks whole phrases.
- It's basically impossible to localize because of different grammar conventions. With English it's easier because it's more of a modular and straightforward language compared to others, such as Italian or Japanese and their complicated rules; for example, in Italian you can't just say <verb>+<object> because the verb form changes depending on the subject and the object often needs an article that changes form depending on the number and gender of the subject.
Aug 30, 2017Posted in: Recent Updates and Snapshots
Iron nuggets could be used to make some iron-based recipes less needlessly costly, for example the compass (and therefore maps), needing 4 iron ingots for an item that is almost useless (and would weight way less than 4 friggin' ingots IRL), or flint and steel, which is so cheap compared to its utility it doesn't harm to make it cheaper, or iron bars, which can only be crafted 16 at a time when you maybe just need 1, while mere fences are better at almost everything.
Aug 29, 2017Posted in: Discussion
I like some isolated tunnes because if every cave was the start of a giant underground complex it would make spelunking predictable, so to speak, there won't be that sense of accomplishment in finding a "real" cave instead of a mere tunnel.
I'm not saying 1.7+ is better at that, just debating that single point.
Aug 28, 2017Posted in: Discussion
I started playing in beta 1.2 (before beds) and I always liked spelunking because it's like a neverending adventure with proper challenges, goals and prizes, while the rest of the game doesn't offer much in that regard.
To make it work I had to tweak a few things, especially using a testure pack to make the dark actually dark (and spooky), activating Optifine's dynamic lights to make the atmosphere more realistic and for being able to throw torches in a pit to see how deep it is, disabling ravine generation (which are just a mix of annyoing + free loot) and making all ores diamond-rare and spawning almost at any height (with moderately larger veins), so that strip-mining is no longer a (super boring) option.
My game is hunting for dungeons (which I made as common as they used to be back in beta) and then using them as the basis for my own mega-dungeon, which is the only thing I build because houses literally serve no purpose a hole in the ground can't. Basically I search for a cave entrance on the surface then start exploring it until I'm sure everything as been visited, marking any dungeon I find.
Well, I started exploring this cave (1.11.2) and after maybe 10 hours I finally finished exploring it all when I saw this crack in a cave with a mineshaft on the other side. Now I know this will take much longer.
I'm not saying 1.7+ has as many caves as 1.6, there are multiple proofs against this. I'm just saying more caves than this would take away the sense of completion that I get when I finally finish exploring a large cave complex, eventually leading to frustration.
To each his own, I guess. BTW this thread proves TheMasterCaver deserves his nickname!
Aug 11, 2017Wedhro posted a message on Pixel Reality Luminance - Realistic(ish) light effects without shaders! - All resolutions - Needs MCpatcher or OptifinePosted in: Resource Packs
Aug 10, 2017Posted in: Resource Packs
Your brigthness is set to 40% which is too high: my custom shading depends on vanilla shadows so they must be as visible as possible. I suggest setting brightness to no more than 20%. Also, color changes only if the "custom color" option is on, check the "quality" menu.
Jul 30, 2017Posted in: Resource Packs
Just tested with MC 1.12, Forge 1.12-184.108.40.2060 and Optifine HD C4 Ultra. It works as intended.
Please make sure you have Brightness set to "Moody", or at least no more than 20, and take a screenshot at day standing under a tree with a torch attached to it so I can see if light levels work.
Jul 28, 2017Wedhro posted a message on Pixel Reality: realistic visuals at default resolution - Still Lacking But Better Than Nothing!Posted in: Resource PacksMORE NEWS!
Pixel Reality Atmosphere has been udapted with the new sunset/sunrise effects and grey sky when it rains.
Also, AlphaA47 is porting my pack to Win10/console editions! Curse doesn't seem like they're allowing for PE packs to be uploaded, so I'm sorry I have to post an adf.ly link for Pixel Reality 1.1.3: http://picocurl.com/1Hfr
Notice how while the PC version title has a "JE" attached, the PE version is just "Pixel Reality". Things change, my friends...
Jul 28, 2017Wedhro posted a message on Pixel Reality: realistic visuals at default resolution - Still Lacking But Better Than Nothing!Posted in: Resource Packs1.12 FINALLY!
- Concrete. It looks like and old, dusty, painted concrete wall. It's not randomly rotated because it messes with shading.
- Concrete Powder. It has very soft, earthy colors and a coarse, wavy texture, so it can be used as some sort of sand or dry dirt. Not ramdoly rotated, as above.
- Shulker Boxes. Since regular Shulkers behave kinda like "mimics", all of them look like regular blocks with minimal changes. All boxes include a custom Shulker head hoping one day Java Edition will allow players to color Shulkers.
- Observer block. As usual for my redstone-based blocks useful for traps, it's camouflaged as a cobble block.
- Shulker Shell, End Crystal and Totem of Undying (it looks like a golden jewel shaped like a celtic symbol of rebirth).
- Now Pixel Reality is called Pixel Reality JE (Java Edition). Why? Ask Microsoft.
- Changed the Shulker because now its texture is used for Shulker Boxes too. It looks like a Purpur block.
- Purpur Blocks and Pillars are now actually purple because they're used as base for Shulkers spawning in End Cities, and in vanilla those are considered purple shulkers even if their color is actually a dull magenta!
- Coal Block now has a smooth carbon look, better for building. Also because I needed the old texture for another thing.
- Wool now has a more rough and woolly look (kinda like an old rug), and a new palette with bright and vibrant colors. Hues were rebalanced for better "fading" between different colors.
- Tinted Glass had their colors rebelanced, as above.
- Rebalanced the colors in my "Adobe" Addendum pack in order to make it look different enough from Concrete.
- Fixed a few inconsistencies in the GUI.
- New title background, just because.
Fixed rainy and stormy skies being blueish instead of grey; I wish I could make them look like actual cloudy skies but correcting prospective proved to be beyond my skills. Later, maybe.
More colorful dawns and sunsets.
Fixed day/night brightness transition being too harsh.
Updated Underground Biomes Construct textures, including new slabs.
Where's Terracotta, colored beds and so on? Of course they're still stuck in the magical land of Unfinished Textures, don't hold your breath for those.
Jun 11, 2017Posted in: Recent Updates and Snapshots
Redstonehelper on Reddit keeps detailed changelogs of all updates here: https://www.reddit.com/r/edstonehelper/comments/p6lfa/recent_releases_changelogs/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=edstonehelper
Apr 10, 2017Wedhro posted a message on Pixel Reality: realistic visuals at default resolution - Still Lacking But Better Than Nothing!Posted in: Resource Packs1.12 GUI incoming!
- New range icon for the crosshair attack indicator.
- Iron Nugget and Knowledge Book.
- New Realms icons.
- New GUI for 1.12 recipe book and andvancements.
- A new addon pack: "Unbound". It removes numbers and the letter "F" from the hotbar GUI, useful in case you changed your keybinds or just don't need to see them.
- Lot of little GUI changes to fix centering (where possible) and graphical inconsistencies.
- Sand is now a little darker and granier.
- Many subtle tweaks to biome colors.
- Nights are now darker, more or less like under a realistic moonlight.
- Dawns and sunsets are now more colorful.
What about new blocks and mobs? LAAAAG! I just can't keep up with Mojang new pace. All I can offer right now is a GUI that doesn't crumble to pieces when played with 1.12 snapshots, hoping they won't change them too often.
Apr 8, 2017Posted in: Resource Packs
Very, very unlikely. Years ago I started doing some BoP blocks, but when I realized the amount of work needed and how much I was lagging behind vanilla updates, I just gave up.
Apr 7, 2017Posted in: Resource Packs
Hello, waiting for llamas and shulker boxes? Maybe something from incoming 1.12 too? Nope.
All I got is an update to Pixel Reality Luminance, with darker nights, colorful dawns and sunsets, and many tweaks. I'm announcing it here because PRL's own thread is kinda desert and I'm too lazy to keep it updated anyway.
Regarding the new things that the main PR pack is still missing: did I mention I'm lazy? Too many things to do, not enough time to do it. I'm going to update PR soon, but it will only feature compatibility with 1.12 new GUI, which required an awful lot of work because Mojang just hates well centered buttons. It'll happen in a few days, then I'll start working on the rest of it.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Oct 12, 2017Posted in: News
Hey, look, a corporation trying to artificially inflate their userbase to attract more investors without actually doing anything! Ah, turbo-capitalism never stops amusing me!
It doesn't bother me too much this game is now a trap for turning clueless children into big corp's acolytes, not my problem. But honestly it's been years since these forums are become 1) painful to use (after introducing that super-buggy visual editor), 2) unattractive to Mojang developers (who would rather use Reddit or Twitter), 3) depressing to browse (because of the plethora of immature threads), 4) "kid friendly" (i.e. adults unfriendly), and 5) slow as [bad word]. Their only redeeming quality is the abudance of OC creators and "researchers", but if those people go away because of this "last straw"...
I'm not one of those big players, but for sure I'm considering stopping using these forums. I already wasn't updating my resource pack's page because of how inconvenient the editing process is, but now that I'm forced to create one more account for a website I'll never use just to make them look better in the stock market... Well, maybe I'll pass.
Mar 11, 2013The only reason why I can't wait for 1.5 to be released is to see what's in store for us in 1.6 i.e. I don't really care for redstone, worse performances and annoying white dots along block edges. This will actually be the first time I don't update since I started playing (beta 1.2); I will somewhat miss quartz blocks but I'll definitely enjoy not having to update my bukkit plugins for a long while...Posted in: News
Sep 6, 2011Posted in: News
Keep your pants on, this week is suddenly very unlikely 1.8 will be released. Ironically, they release the trailer the same day they say 1.8 will be delayed. Oh, how funny.Quote from _jeb »Looks grim to get a release out on 8th. We need more testing, one day is not enough. And we never release on fridays... I'll keep you posted
Aug 5, 2011Posted in: News
Irrelevant. As irrelevant are the basis for suing Mojang or not suing them. By a PR point of view Bethesda's image will go down in the gaming community, just at the eve of the big ass launch of Skyrim. And Scrolls will get a lot of sympathy and free advertisement.Quote from iconnnnStop blaming Bethesda and the games they make. It isn't the dev's call its the legal team's call.
I call this a PR fail by whoever owns Bethesda.
Jul 26, 2011I'm so glad Notch is creating unusual mobs instead of implementing boring critters already featured in thousand of other games, it helps to keep MC fresh and unique. Goddamn, I know nothing about this new mob and already foretaste the moment it will scare the crap out of me (until I realize how simple is its AI and find a way to make it no more than a nuance, but that's an other story).Posted in: News
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.