1.7 is quite a bit different, so there would be a lot to adjust. But, I will take a look and see how much work would actually be needed.
- Registered Member
Member for 3 years, 8 months, and 2 days
Last active Sun, Dec, 17 2017 10:24:59
- 0 Followers
- 18 Total Posts
- 0 Thanks
Jul 21, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Jul 17, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
I was looking at those textures a bit more. It looks like the resource pack is adding a new blockstate that is referencing multiple new textures with a weighted chance of each occurring. I am still not sure yet if I can properly adjust for that or not.
Jul 12, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Sorry it took so long. I have been busy and haven't had a lot of time to work on it recently. Below is the current status of each or some of my thoughts.
You are correct on the broken textures. Looking at a couple resource packs, it appears that Nether Brick, Red Nether Brick, Cracked Stone Brick, and Mossy Stone Brick textures are handled differently. Since I have not really worked on any texture packs myself, I am not sure why yet. But, the default textures are not being overridden on the ones I checked. Instead a new, multi-texture is added for the block. I will have to look at this a bit more to see how it works. I am not sure yet if I can adjust for that or not.
I have made the change to the bone stairs and walls, the same as the logs. I have not yet updated any fences or gates. I can, but probably should do all the logs also if I make that change. I did not update them when I changed the walls originally because I wasn't sure it would look the best since the post is so small.
Sound Bugs: While
I did go through and place/break something from each material and they seemed fine to me. I must have missed the ones you noticed. I will continue to listen while I am testing to try and find them. If you happen across it again, let me know which it is. Finding it is harder than fixing it.
Creative Inventory Sorting:
I noticed this as well through my testing and found that when starting a new game the blocks are in the correct order that I want, but if I load a game where some already existed then the new ones are always added after them in the lists.
I also went ahead and added custom creative tabs as you suggested. When you see them, let me know what you think.
I have re-named all of the stained clay to hardened clay
I can add something for this also. I will probably make it a config option, like I did for crafting grass blocks.
These changes are not yet released. I am going to try to get a few more things done before posting the newest updates.
May 22, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Thanks again for the feedback. I have added the leaves versions of Stairs, Slab, Fence and Wall.
I also added some more configuration options and some compatibility with Quark since there are quite a few blocks also added by that mod.
This is set as release version 1. I still need to go back and update the 1.10.2 version to be current. Once I get that all done I will be comfortable adding the version tag.
Let me know if you see anything else.
And thanks for all the other tips also.
May 13, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Thanks again for the feedback. I wasn't going to do dirt and such but my son convinced me to. He really wanted them so he could make paths that do not require jumping. So using the slabs and Stairs he can build terrain and paths in his base using grass paths. That made sense to me.
Also, I am working on more options so you can turn them off if you don't like them. I don't think there are anymore blocks I am adding at now though. I think I have everything covered. So let me know if there is something more.
As for the doors, I did look at those a little but I don't think I can make other versions without new textures.
Uncrafting is an interesting idea, I am not sure I would put that in here though. I will think about it a bit more.
May 11, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
The newest update is posted.
May 10, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Thanks for the details. I found the issue and corrected it.
May 9, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
The recipes I have setup as of now for the mushroom stuff follow the same normal vanilla patterns using the different mushroom blocks. I also added two mushroom blocks, one for the Insides texture and one for the stem texture. I have recipes for the red/brown blocks using 4x mushrooms, and the new blocks are two stacked red/brown to get the stem/insides, similar to what I did for the polished stone. I also added two config options for turning either recipes off if you want to only get the mushroom blocks via silktouch.
I am not planning to add any of the clay brick stuff to this mod. As you said, and as I commented on the curse page, that does not fit with the idea of this mod. I haven't looked at it too much, but if there really is no way to get those currently and I decide to do it then I would make a separate mod just for that. I did make this based on your request and that is still my goal. Let me know if you have any other thoughts, they are always welcome.
I am still undecided on the blocks like sand, gravel, etc. I am adding a bunch of config options to help tweak this toward each use case. If I do decide to put them in I would just turn them off by default and let the creative builders who want them enable them if they choose. I will probably do the same to the raw clay, nether wart, etc that don't make sense for survival. I am trying to decide the best way to get the config setup without having an option for each specific thing considering there are so many. As of now I have options to include each major variant (stairs, slabs, etc.) and a few crafting options. Overriding vanilla netherbrick fence recipe and stone slab recipe, the mushroom ones I mentioned above, and similar ones for the grass versions to allow crafting grass blocks from tall grass and dirt, or grass stairs from tall grass and dirt stairs etc. So I am thinking I may just add a few major groups or maybe material options. I am kind of undecided what would be best still.
Thanks for the sounds info. I typically do not have any sounds on when I am working on this so I have never noticed. I will take a look at those and the glass lighting also.
Everything should be server compatible. I have tested it running a forge server locally. There was one issue originally but that was corrected a couple versions ago. Most of my testing is single player though.
I fixed the block sound issue. The glass slabs/stairs look okay to me though, the same as Vanilla glass blocks. Are you using a texture pack? If not, what forge version are you using?
May 6, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
How does this look? Is it what you were thinking?
Put your spoiler here.
May 6, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Sure, I can add those.
May 4, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Thanks, let me know if you do run into any.
The Packed Ice blocks are slippery, but they don't work quite like you would expect. They only seem slippery on the top of a block. So, bottom slabs aren't but top slabs are. Stairs placed upside down work on top, but right side up only work on the top step. It is to do with how the slippery works in MC. I do hope to overcome that, but I am not working on it right now.
Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions. and thanks again!
May 3, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Thanks again for the feedback. I have made the text changes for names you mentioned and went back through them all to make sure there were no more errors in them. Also added the Purpur Block Wall, Fence, and Gate along with the Glass and Stained Glass Stairs and Slabs.
Let me know what you think when you get a chance to look at it.
Apr 6, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Thanks for all the info. I will start on these tonight.
As for wall versions, the only issue off the top of my head is crafting recipes for wall/fence. I guess I cold use regular sticks for the fence following the normal plank recipe instead of the nether brick one. Any other idea?
Thanks for the pictures, I have them now.
I found the issue with the one inventory texture. I have that corrected for the next release.
I didn't have any issues with Soartex Fanver. Can you check this image and let me know if it is what you expected?
Apr 5, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Sorry about that. Sample images are added now.
Apr 5, 2017Posted in: Minecraft Mods
Vanilla Builders Extension is a mod that adds all the missing stairs, slabs, fences, gates, and even walls for vanilla blocks that ain't got any. The blocks that are added use the textures of their respective vanilla parent-block. That way they will work with every resource pack.
Release version 1.0.4 is now available.
Want Polished Andesite Stairs? CheckOr Hay Slabs and Stairs for your roof? Check
You found a bug or have a problem?
You have a suggestion or want to state your opinion?
Feel free to comment below
David's Details Ressource Pack:
Previews created by Leichenengel (Upper image = Vanilla || Lower image = MojoKraft 64x Pack):
What does the mod currently offer?
Currently there are stairs, slabs, walls, fences and gates for 60 blocks and a Smooth Stone block (the default stone slab).
Stairs, Slabs, Walls, Fences and Gates:
- End Brick
- End Stone
- Hardened Clay
- All 16 Stained Clay
- Acacia Log
- Dark Oak Log
- Birch Log
- Jungle Log
- Oak Log
- Spruce Log
- Nether Wart
- Prismarine Brick
- Dark Prismarine
- Purpur Pillar
- Chiseled Quartz
- Quartz Pillar
- Red Nether Brick
- Chiseled Red Sandstone
- Smooth Red Sandstone
- Chiseled Sandstone
- Smooth Sandstone
- Chiseled Stone Brick
- Cracked Stone Brick
- Mossy Stone Brick
- Polished Andesite
- Polished Diorite
- Polished Granite
- Packed Ice
- Stone (Regular stone texture)
- Mossy Cobblestone (Stairs, Slab, Fence and Gate)
- Brick (Wall, Fence and Gate)
- Nether Brick (Wall and Gate)
- Purpur (Wall, Fence and Gate)
- Glass (Stairs and Slab)
- Stained Glass (Stairs and Slab)
- Stone Brick (Wall, Fence and Gate)
- Cobblestone (Fence and Gate)
- Sandstone (Wall, Fence and Gate)
- Red Sandstone (Wall, Fence and Gate)
- Quartz (Wall, Fence and Gate)
- Dirt (Stairs and Slab)
- Coarse Dirt (Stairs and Slab)
- Grass (Stairs and Slab)
- Path (Stairs and Slab)
- Podzol (Stairs and Slab)
- Mycelium (Stairs and Slab)
- Leaves (Stairs, Slab, Fence, and Wall)
- Polished Stone Block (Full block with Vanilla stone slab texture)
- Polished Stone Stairs, Wall, Fence and Gate
- Mushroom Stem Block (Full block)
- Mushroom Insides Block (Full block)
- Red Mushroom (Stairs, Slab, Wall, Fence and Gate)
- Brown Mushroom (Stairs, Slab, Wall, Fence and Gate)
- Mushroom Stem (Stairs, Slab, Wall, Fence and Gate)
- Mushroom Insides (Stairs, Slab, Wall, Fence and Gate)
- Another adjustment to fix the crash caused by color manager
- Bone stairs and walls textures adjusted
- Custom creative tabs for each block type added per request
- Names updated from Stained Clay to Hardened Clay
- Recipe added to convert grass blocks to path blocks, if grass crafting is enabled
- Fix for Issue 1: Crash caused by color manager
- Fix for Issue 2: Crash at loading
- Dirt and Grass crafting issue fixed
- Granite and Mossy Stone wall crafting fixed
- Updated configs with new options for block groups
- Added compatibility with Quark. Duplicated blocks are not loaded if Quark is present. Config option added to ignore this. (if you have them disabled from Quark instead)
- Added Leaves Stairs, Slab, Fence, and Wall
- Updated configs with new options
- crafting selections
- disable block types
- Added Stone Brick Wall, Fence, and Gate
- Added Cobblestone Fence, and Gate
- Added Sandstone Wall, Fence, and Gate
- Added Red Sandstone Wall, Fence, and Gate
- Added Quartz Wall, Fence, and Gate
- Added Dirt Stairs and Slab
- Added Coarse Dirt Stairs and Slab
- Added Grass Stairs and Slab
- Added Path Stairs and Slab
- Added Podzol Stairs and Slab
- Added Mycelium Stairs and Slab
- Added Red Mushroom Stairs, Slab, Wall, Fence and Gate
- Added Brown Mushroom Stairs, Slab, Wall, Fence and Gate
- Added Mushroom Insides Stairs, Slab, Wall, Fence and Gate
- Added Mushroom Stem Stairs, Slab, Wall, Fence and Gate
- Texture fixed on log walls
- Bug fix: Place torch on new walls
- Bug fix: corrected block placing sounds
- Bug fix: corrected glass lighting issue
- Added Purpur Wall, Fence, and Gate
- Added Glass Stairs and Slab
- Added Stained Glass Stairs and Slab
- Minor text fixes
- Fix for multiplayer bug
- Added Fence Gates
- Added Walls
- Added Smooth Stone (based on Vanilla Stone Slab)
- Added Stone, Nether Brick, Brick, and Packed Ice
- Fixed a few minor texture bugs
- corrected an inventory texturing issue
- created stairs, slabs and fences for several vanilla blocks like Cracked Stone Bricks, Stained Clay, Nether Wart Blocks and more
Requirements and Download
Built for Minecraft 1.11.2 with Forge 188.8.131.520Built for Minecraft 1.10.2 with Forge 184.108.40.2065
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.