- Registered Member
Member for 10 years, 8 months, and 8 days
Last active Fri, May, 22 2015 08:45:17
- 0 Followers
- 506 Total Posts
- 27 Thanks
Mar 30, 2013WaveJones posted a message on What should be in minecraft that's not there..Oh no it's wishlist all over again.Posted in: Discussion
Shouldn't this be in the Suggestions section?
1WaveJones posted a message on is there a command for getting to certain coordinates?/tp (longitude; or X) (altitude; or Y) (latitude; or Z)Posted in: Discussion
/tp 157 64 -302
PS. You can't do it in survival mode.
3WaveJones posted a message on What was the most ridiculous reason for being banned from a server?'Griefing' a protected Creative Plot.Posted in: Discussion
1WaveJones posted a message on How do you call a Creeper?One Headed Hydra.Posted in: Survival Mode
1WaveJones posted a message on Mobs in 1.6*neeeeeeigh*Posted in: Suggestions
So i feel like, wait for it............ The Mongols.
1WaveJones posted a message on what would you do or say if you were surrounded by 100000 of every mobMy Laptop would explode for 10^6 Withers, Ender Dragons, and every other mobs.Posted in: Discussion
1WaveJones posted a message on Build to Survive : A New Gamemode with New MechanicsPosted in: SuggestionsBuild to Survive
Basically in a nutshell, Build to Survive is a new Gamemode, originally suggested by our fellow friend Rappinator.
* You will be able to choose your building materials. Indestructable objects (like End Portal Frames and Bedrock) are not allowed.
* You will spawn in creative.
* You will spawn in a flatland world with a building limit.
* You must build your base inside the building plot.
* You may create Tools with the Iron Supplied.
* You will not be permitted to mine outside the building limit.
* You may craft weapons like bows and swords. No Diamonds though.
* Your difficulty will be set to hard. No Flying.
* No Animal killing. You will be set to be either vegetarian (plants only) or cannibal (rotten flesh only). You only can drink milk from cows.
* There will be a start button in your pause section (Esc). Once you touched that, only Weapons could be yield.
* Spawning is Intense. Yes.
* You must complete a certain task before starting. Like building a farm to milk those KOWs, or go mining.
Now this is the part where it gets insane.
The New Mob Intelligence
* Teamwork AI
Every Mob should be corporating with each other. Creepers and Skeletons may hurt each other sometimes, but they should work together aswell! Here are some Examples.
* The Distraction AI
Zombies will distract a person to escape from them. Then a skeleton critical hitted him with an arrow, or a Creeper blew up behind the person!
* The Destruction AI
Zombies may break doors. But that's not enough. A CREEPER should blow up the door, allowing a bunch of mobs to come in.
* The Cannon AI
Indestructable front door? Why don't they have a creeper to LAUNCH THEM INTO YOUR CHIMNEY? Wait, What did you say? You didn't build a chimney? How about- *scene missing*
* The Roadblock AI
'BOOM!' You just got the wrong, way, son.
* The Slingshot AI
I know what you're thinking, but nope. This AI will make Skeleton to shoot at your window and break it. Good thing to always make 1 block window.
* The Tarantula AI
A Cave Spider will spawn somewhere and you might get bitten by it! So make sure you milked your cow!
The Gallery of Galore
The World Creating Option
More Coming Soon!
Hooray for Rappinator! 80% of this thread were made originally from him!Please comment some ideas here. Thanks!
Also, Vechz and I hate you, DIE IN FIRE!
2WaveJones posted a message on what is that!I was killed by a guy doing the Harlem Shake...Posted in: Survival Mode
2WaveJones posted a message on What do you call gold/butter?Wood - Crunchified SteakPosted in: Discussion
Stone - Hard Cereal
Iron - Feta Cheese
Gold - Butter Bar
Lapis Lazuli - Jelly
Diamond - Ice Cubes
So i prefer what i bolded.
1WaveJones posted a message on Get this to work: Piston-ProblemsIt's Flush with Floor and not compatible with 1.5 snapshotsPosted in: Redstone Discussion and Mechanisms
- To post a comment, please login.
384Calclavia posted a message on [1.2] ICBM - Missiles and Military Tech! [6,000,000+ DOWNLOADS]Posted in: Minecraft ModsNow in both the Technic and FTB LauncherICBM is a Minecraft Mod that introduces intercontinental ballistic missiles to Minecraft. But the fun doesn't end there! This mod also features many different explosives, missiles and machines classified in three different tiers. If strategic warfare, carefully coordinated airstrikes, messing with matter and general destruction are up your alley, then this mod is for you!
Or click here for an alternative link.All discussions on this mod should be posted here or it will be ignored.
Direwolf20YogscastJollu ol BritsMilestones
- 15th June, 2012 - 10,000 downloads
- 27th July, 2012 - 50,000 downloads
- 7th September 2012 - 100,000 downloads
- 7th October 2012 - 150,000 downloads
- 10th November 2012 - 200,000 downloads
- 10th December 2012 - 250,000 downloads
- 5th January, 2013 - 500,000 downloads
- 21st January, 2013 - 1,000,000 downloads
- 12th February, 2013 - 2,000,000 downloads
Wear the ICBM banner! to show your support!
Terms and Conditions
All terms and conditions for ICBM can be viewed here, but here are some FAQs.
Private mod packs are always allowed. Public mod packs are not. People who have received my permission prior to this new condition are allowed to continue to use the mod in their mod packs.
Go get Bukkit Forge, it makes all Forge mods work with Bukkit: https://github.com/k...alm/BukkitForge
ContactDo not send me private messages, I will ignore them. Either post it on this thread or in forum.calclavia.com. If you want to chat with me, you can find me on the Universal Electricity IRC.
IRC Channel: http://esper.net/ #universalelectricity
42Krodon posted a message on Crafting Grid added to Creative Menu [CONCEPT ART INCLUDED]Posted in: Suggestions
Some of you might have tried to test out the firework when it was released in the snapshot or in the full version in creative. You opened the menu searched for firework and were shown "Firework Star" and "Firework", you clicked the firework and brought it to your hot bar, when you closed the menu and tried it you waited in awe for the explosion of colour that comes with fireworks, but you were greeted with a fizzle, you may have tried again thinking Mojang made it so there is a chance of the firework failing but the same result, you may have held the right click button, but again, same result. You then probably opened the creative menu, got out a crafting table, plopped it down, then had to assemble it your self, switching from the creative menu to the crafting table, which can be a slight hassle. Or maybe you have encountered hassles with dying leather armour, or even banners. In the 1.9 update there appears to be shields customized with banners, sure it is only a two item recipe (banner + shield), but shouldn't that mean that there should be a quick and easy way of accessing the crafting table?
I suggest a 3 by 3 crafting grid was added to the creative menu, this will reduce the hassle and slightly reduce the time of making fireworks or other things which have the same problem. The change wouldn't be massive and would not really affect anyone negatively. It's one of those things that should have been added.
IMAGE 1: (I forgot to include the output for the grid. I had to re-size the grid to make it fit, which may lead to problems)
IMAGE 2 By Wircea: (Always on the right side of the creative menu)
Image 3 By Apocalypsing: (Separate Crafting Table Tab)
- Easier crafting of different types of fireworks
- Reduced time of crafting fireworks or other items which follow the same rule
- Less hassle
- Solution for the con: Mojang can easily move the crafting grid to its own page on the menu. Mojang has also made HD texture packs downloadable without patcher by resizing the textures (not sure if it would still be HD), so the same could be down to the images.
- You can dye leather armour without switching back and forth from crafting table go menu (use thought of after EnellGmz's comment)
- Easier for snapshot videos as they have access to a crafting grid while showing recipes
- For the resizing thing when I played Minecraft on the 360 and I saw the output item of the survival inventory is larger and it expands the icon. (Though, I think it was double the size, so if it was on the survival inventory on the pc version it would have to be half the size.)
- To fit the crafting grid in the menu I had to resize it, so unless Mojang has a store of mini images or put it on a separate page of the menu this can't work.
People who gave the original post reputation points.
[center] <a href="http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/minecraft-discussion/suggestions/77567-crafting-grid-added-to-creative-menu-concept-art" target="_blank"><img src='http://img04.deviantart.net/99ce/i/2015/200/a/6/creative_mode_3x3_crafting_grid_by_usernamekrodon-d91zw58.png' /></a> [/center]
[center] <a href="http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/minecraft-discussion/suggestions/77567-crafting-grid-added-to-creative-menu-concept-art" target="_blank"><img src='http://pre13.deviantart.net/60d0/th/pre/f/2015/200/c/d/creative_mode_3x3_crafting_grid_by_usernamekrodon-d91zmeh.png' /></a> [/center]
The Next Evolution for In Game Interfaces
110Usbdriver posted a message on Mojang to Cease and Desist...Putt Putt?I have something I would like to shove up Putt Putt's Butt Butt.Posted in: Minecraft News
3Ouatcheur posted a message on I love the new zombies!The majority of players don't want the make the game harder, it is mostly a very VOCAL minority (albeit a rather important one) that asks for it.Posted in: Recent Updates and Snapshots
However, the problem is not that Hard mode becomes hard. The problem is that the changes are NOT tailored to have different effects in Easy and Normal mode, making the game unplayable for those groups of players. For example, think about 5 years old Bobby playing on Easy. He can't play anymore. Think about 90 years old Granpa playing on Easy. He also can't play anymore.
That's the problem. Making the game harder is fine. On Hard. Maybe even a little bit on Normal. Definitely not on easy mode.
Also, in most Multiplayer servers, you just can't skip the night like in SinglePlayer, thus the player has no choice but to survive each night. Having to CONSTANTLY fight INFINITE HORDES of mobs each and every night (or all the time when underground) might appeal to some types of players, but will turn off players that like the excitement but only once in a while, not all the time, and prefer to concentrate on amassing resources and building. It would be like asking a fighting loving player players to need to eat 1 food item and mine 1 stone EVERY time he swings his sword. He would just say " I just can't fight in peace I am constantly interrupted by this need to eat and mine". Well, same way, builders and explorers say " I can't .
Only a total moron would suggesting "just turning to peaceful mode!". that would be like suggesting to a '"fighter lover" player to "just switch to Arcade mode, where you have an infinite stream of mobs coming at you and there is zero food items in the game, heck there are zero blocks also and no tools except the sword, and only a 16x16 platform, so you can fight all you want!". Of course most fighter lovers still like the mining aspect, it's not just their main concern, just like the same way of course builders and explorers still like the fighting, just not when it is throttled in their stomach non-stop with an industrial piston. So yeah anybody suggesting turning to peaceful has only 2 brain cells.
For the "normal" players, zombie apocalypse might be exciting the first 10 minutes. Then it become a major annoyance that just cant be turned off. I myseklf play on Hard and have nothing about having to fight a big zombie hordes every now and then, to spice things up. Let's say every 2 or 3 minecraft nights you get with a REALLY tough battle. But when it becomes a NON-STOP thing, eveyr Minecraft night, then that isn't "Hard" difficulty, it just becomes insane instead.
7Boltreon posted a message on Seaweed,Squid Improvements And Others! (20+ Supporters!)Now,here me out.Posted in: Suggestions
Minecraft oceans are empty as they only contain an unspeakable amount of water and tons of squids.
I suggest adding seaweed and other aquatic things to these vast oceans.
Seaweed spawn at level 45-35.
Shears cut seaweed the fastest.
Seaweed,when eaten will give you 1 and half chicken nuggets.
Seaweed are also uncommon and will only spawn in oceans.
Seaweed can be planted by putting them in a (minimum) 2x1 hole.(Maximum height is 3 blocks high.)
Seaweed can also spawn in many different colors.
You can also make a Potion Of Water Breathing which gives you the effect 'Water Breathing'.
Potion Of Water Breathing's can be made by brewing a awkward potion with seaweed.
Water Breathing regenerates your bubbles when you are underwater.
WB (Short for water breathing) Potion Types:
Plain:Effect lasts for 25 seconds.
WB Potion+Redstone:Effect lasts for 32 seconds.
WB Potion+Gunpowder:Same as a Plain WB Potion but is a splash potion.
WB Potion+Fermented Spider Eye:Suffocates yourself (even on land) and does 1 damage every 2 seconds.
Now,let's talk about squids.
Squids aren't breedable so i suggest by using fish squids will follow you and will breed.(breeding will be like normal breeding)
There is also a chance where squids or baby squids will be a different color than current squids to give the sea a bit more decoration.
Make squids a mountable water mount that cannot break and take damage from blocks. (except fire,lava,etc.)As of this,you will need to tame it with 3-4 fish.saddle is required.
Well,now the squid improvements out of the way,let's get into different colored water.
Details:Different Colored Water (Depending On The Specific Biome):
Now,this may not be supported by many players,but lets give it a try.
To make minecraft a bit realistic,and well,more natural,I suggest adding different colored water.
Before I get into what the colors of water in each biome are like,pictures may come soon.(or maybe not at all. )
Swamp Water:A greenish,mossy water color.Perfect for the biome.
Desert Water:[Note:This is not my final decision.]A bit darker than regular water,and there can be little pixels of peach to represent sand.
Mushroom Biome Water:A dark,brownish colored water.
Jungle Water:A bright,greenish tinged colored water.
Now here is the thing,if you pick any kind of water using a bucket,you won't get it's color of the water,unless you live in that specific biome.Since like I said,it's depends on the biome.
Well,that's all i have today.
Feel free to leave this some criticism and bye!
4Ironmagnet posted a message on Biting your dogs! (In a parallel universe...)When your dog is sitting, shift+hold right click and you will bite it and you can bring it around. Remove right click and your dog will be placed in front of you.Posted in: Suggestions
Thank you for reading.
514jde posted a message on UPDATED PIX: Gryphons (Balanced flight for Survival mode)ATTENTION TO SUPPORTERS: Please support us on Reddit. This may be our best chance of getting Mojang to notice Gryphons and have them added. Please click here, upvote, comment and help us get an active discussion going: http://www.reddit.co..._survival_mode/Posted in: Suggestions
(See below for more concept art. Above screenshot is photoshopped, not a mod. All art by Papertiger)
DISCLAIMER: Please note that this is not a mod, nor a mod suggestion. This is a suggestion for Mojang to add to vanilla Minecraft.
Hello! I would like to share my ideas of how Gryphons might be a good addition to Minecraft. After deciding to post my suggestion here, I did a search and saw that there have been a few posts about Gryphons throughout the past few years. But they were quite different from what i had in mind, focused on a wide swath of mythical creatures, or mod/add-on related.
My hope is that others will share my vision for simple, balanced, non-immersion-breaking, Mojang-style Gryphons to be added to Minecraft in a future patch.
Here it goes:
A way I could see Gryphons fitting into the Minecraft universe is that in an "Extreme Hills" biome, you could find a nest either on top of a mountain, or on the side of a cliff. I imagine the nest would only be one or perhaps two blocks large and in the shape of an eagle's nest. In my opinion, the player would never see a wild adult Gryphon. The only chance they would have at seeing a Gryphon would be if they raised one themselves. Thus making them FAR more rare and special. Almost like finding diamonds. If the player were lucky enough to find one of these nests, and endured the journey to reach it, they would see an egg sitting in the middle of the nest.
The player would then follow these steps to hatch, raise, saddle and then ride their Gryphon:
- The player would take the egg from the nest and bring it back to their home/cave/castle/dwelling and place it on a block of dirt underneath a torch.
- The player would then have to wait a couple of in-game days.
- After a few days pass, a baby Gryphon would emerge.
- The player would then have to feed the baby Gryphon meat or fish once a day for a couple days.
- After a couple days of feeding, the baby Gryphon would grow into an adult, ready to be saddled.
- The player would then place a regular saddle, the type used on pigs, onto their newly raised Gryphon.
- Upon being saddled, the player's new Gryphon is ready to be mounted. But that doesn't mean the player can have unlimited, overpowered flight. No sir.
Just because the player has a Gryphon doesn't mean he or she is able to fly anywhere they want with no limitations. Far from it. This will be nothing like flying in creative mode. It will be a slight advantage over regular walking and jumping that the player will have earned.
- Instead of unlimited flight, like in creative mode, a Gryphon rider's flight would be slightly challenging yet still useful. Much like how boats function in Minecraft.
- In order to take off, and to stay in the air, the player would have to press their space bar for every flap of their Gryphon's wings. This means that the Gryphon, just like the player, is effected by the game's gravity. That way, it wouldn't feel like cheating. This may sounds difficult, but i think it would lead to a much more immersive Gryphon flying experience!
- Traveling via Gryphon would sometimes be slightly faster and more convenient than walking on foot, but in some cases it would also be a FAR worse alternative to walking. For example, trying to fly your Gryphon down into and through a cave would be a TERRIBLE idea.
If you have built a giant castle like my brother and I have, which i'm sure MANY of you have, then I have a feeling you'll understand why I think the best use for a Gryphon would be to quickly reach one of the top floors of your castle without having to climb all of it's inner stair cases and ramps.
But there would be many, many more uses, such as:
- Getting past mountains a little faster than on foot, and without the need to eat as much.
- Flying over lakes or rivers instead of having to swim.
- Safe late night traveling. That is, unless you get shot by a skeleton's arrow
- Being able to leave from the top floor of your castle or other large dwelling.
- FUN! Or atleast i think it would be.
The last thing I would ever want is to suggest an idea that would ruin the immersion of Minecraft. I believe this idea would be game fitting for Minecraft because of the wonderful animals Mojang has already put into the game. When I think of Gryphons in Minecraft, I can just picture an in-game Gryphon done in Mojang's wonderfully simple yet beautiful art style... All block-ish and colorful
No more than a boat would be. You would hardly be able to aim at someone with a bow, let alone actually hit them with an arrow from it. Hitting a player or mob with a sword would be even harder. In order to deal damage to anything, from bow or sword, you'd have to land your Gryphon and completely stop moving. At that point, you would actually become vulnerable due to lack of mobility (You cannot walk or run on a Gryphon, only fly. And take-off isn't instant, due to the need to flap your Gryphons wings.). This is not a mount intended for combat.
Thanks for reading and sorry for the giant wall of text.
I would like to thank Theriasis for their wonderful guide on how to post on the suggestion forum. I tried my best to follow their advice!
CONCEPT ART :
Click this spoiler for even more concept art and photos.
Dimninds!NOTE: This photo is an inside joke and purely for fun. We do NOT suggest that Gryphons should EVER shoot diamonds. Or dimninds. Click this spoiler to proceedRoostsSpecial thanks to Papertiger for all of the awesome concept art, avatars and signature banners!
You guys have given me many awesome suggestions so i decide to place the most game fitting and balanced ones here:
Disclaimer: I will try my best to describe your guys' ideas and list the names of the people who have suggested them. Let me know if i miss something!
Disclaimer II: This thread is rapidly gaining support and unfortunately i can't always keep track of who has suggested what. I'm most likely to miss some people who deserve credit, sorry. Let me know if i do!
0. HEALTH, HUNGER AND MORTALITY (pinballboy7, Droideka30, Papertiger, zeel, ErasmoGnome, IonicTiger): One of the most talked about suggestions. The idea that tamed Gryphons should have health, hunger and be killable by mobs, other players or enviromental conditions (lava, etc.). It has also been suggested that if your Gryphon gets hungry enough, it will bite/peck at you in frustration, buck you off if you attempt to mount it, or even go off and eat wild animals and/or livestock (pigs, chickens, sheep, cows).
1. Soaring (Papertiger, Droideka30, zeel, crazeenuthead): You should be able to hold down the space bar to make your Gryphon soar, once you have already achieved altitude and speed
2. Wild adult Gryphons in the sky (Papertiger, Paradox01010, zeel): You shoud sometimes be able to see wild Gryphons flying high up (out of reach) in the sky. Perhaps flying in the direction of where a nest and egg is. This would most likely be rare.
3. Walking (Kisdee, RobertFrans): Instead of strictly being able to fly and hop, a mounted Gryphon would be able to slowly walk on the land as well. It would be unable to move up and down blocks (like a pig), but you could just press spacebar to flap its wings in order to hop up to where ever you are trying to get.
4. Breeding (Droideka30, Papertiger, zeel): If you are lucky, and skilled enough, to obtain two Gryphon eggs, and now are the proud owner of two Gryphons, you should earn the right to breed them. Once Gryphons breed, they would lay one egg. It has also been suggested that tamed Gryphons can only breed during a full moon and that when bred in captivity, Gryphons need a "Brooding box" in which to lay their eggs. See Papertiger's brooding box concept art here
5. Gryphon melee attack (Paradox01010, zeel): Your Gryphon would be able to do damage and/or a knockback to enemies that you dive at with it. This would be hard, but if you were able to steer your Gryphon properly, you would inflict damage fairly.
6. A special way to take the egg (Moosemunchee, zeel, RobertFrans, IonicTiger, zapper990): The idea that the player shouldn't simply be able to punch the Gryphon egg until it breaks and then pick it up. Perhaps the player would have to use a pickaxe with the Silk Touch enchant, a piston, minecart and rail, diamond pickaxe, shovel or something else. It has also been suggested that Gryphon nests and eggs should spawn only in the spring and despawn in the fall, meaning that you can never find them in the winter.
7. DOGFIGHTS! / Sky Jousting/ Sky Duels (bebe33, Papertiger, Paradox01010): It would be awesome, wouldn't it?
8. Visual roll while turning (bebe33): The idea that a Gryphon should roll slightly while turning, for visual effect. Much like how a bird rolls as it turns in real life.
9. Pitch (bebe33, zeel): The idea that you should be able to pitch your Gryphon up and down while flying. Pitching it downwards will increase your forward momentum. Pitching it upwards will increase altitude.
10. Thrust (zeel): The idea that you should be able to choose the level of thrust per wing flap based on your timing and space bar usage. (Half flaps, full thrust flaps, etc).
11. Wing angle and banking (zeel):Quote from zeel
Wing angle: Space bar controls flapping, the W A S D keys control the angle of the wings. W angles them down/forward, S andgles back, A and D angle them opposite each other (A: left down, right up. D: left up, right down). This causes role/banking, witch lets you turn, basically A and D let you turn. Flapping while holding one of the W A S D keys will cause thrust in that direction. With W flapping will thrust you forward (no keys basically only gives you upwards thrust), accelerating you. S will cause the flap to come forward, giving reverse thrust, to slow you down (or fly slightly in reverse when taking off). Flapping with A or D will tighten the turn.
Turning: I have already mentioned two ways to turn, but here is the in depth part. Holding W and looking will cause a very slow turn, holding A or D (whatever direction you wish to turn) will cause you to bank in that direction, this makes the turn much tighter. Using both turning methods at the same time is even better, and causes you to bank much more. If, once you have banked to the maximum level, then flap the wings you will turn drastically in that direction, though you will lose a lot more speed than you would in a normal turn.
See also zeel's ideas for flight mechanics
12. Armor! (zeel, papertiger, Droideka30, IonicTiger): The idea that Gryphons should be able to equip special Gryphon-only armor. There would be leather, iron, gold and diamond versions. The better the quality of the armor, the higher movement speed penalty the Gryphon would suffer due to the weight. It has been suggested that you only find these pieces of armor in Strongholds.
13. Inventory (papertiger, Droideka30, zeel, IonicTiger): The idea that you should be able to place an item similar to a saddle bag or pouch on your Gryphon's back that would act as a chest and the Gryphon's inventory. This may or may not be where you would equip Gryphon-only armor at.
14. Talon grab (SkarmorySilver, papertiger): The idea that your Gryphon should be able to grab things with it's talons on command while mounted. Possible things Gryphons could grab: mobs, players, items, blocks. To make it balanced, if your Gryphon did grab a mob or player, the mob or player would still be able to aim up and attack the Gryphon and/or it's rider. With this form of balance in mind, the player would be able to use it's Gryphon to drop mobs from great heights, inflicting falling damage. This would be at the risk of the Gryphon and the Player's health and well being, however.
15. The Spire (IonicTiger): Click here to view IonicTiger's idea for a Gryphon nest atop a spire:
What if the nest, instead of spawning on the side of a cliff, would spawn on a massive spire that, depending on the hight of the mountain it spawned on, would range any where from a mere twenty blocks high, or a staggering hundered blocks high, and wouldn't end until it reached a few blocks above cloud level, thus forcing you to fight the adult gryphon?
The spire would be a jagged piller of rock, twisted and craved by the wind, as it has stood for a millennium, awe inspiring by its sheer size.
The design of it would have to be carefully considered; if too thin in, it would look a bit... strange; I would prefer it to be at least 7 blocks by 7 blocks, but, players would be able to tunnel right under the tower (assuming that it was hollow), and build a dirt tower to come out right under the egg.
You could fill the inside of the spire with lava, but this would be massively off theme.
Possibly the easiest solution to this problem would be to have to tower made of obsidian, and it would not be hollow. You could tunnel under it, but it would be easier to just fight the mother.
Also, as a few pages back there was talk of gryphons, being the most noble of beasts, collecting treasure, why not have blocks of gold, diamond, and emerald embedded in the spire?
They (the aforermetioned valuable minerals) would randomly spawn in the outer most layer of the spire, but there would only be a maximum number of only six blocks spawning in a tower that could be a hundred blocks high, so even getting them would be a mighty challenge.
16. Lance and saddle mounted lance holder (firewave15): firewave15 has suggested that there should lances and saddle mounted lance holders that the player could use from Gryphon and also possibly Horse back. The saddle mounted lance holder would be required in order for the player to maintain control of his mount whilst using a lance. The lance would do damage based on the speed that your Gryphon is traveling upon the point of impact with an enemy. The lance would have a longer reach than a sword, making it ideal for mounted combat. But it would be useless for anything else. The mounted lance holder would most likely break after a set number of uses, perhaps 50.
17. Fear of fire (IonicTiger): The idea that Gryphon's should be afraid of fire, and will not fly within 5 blocks of any fire. This would add balance to PVP ground vs air combat, making players on the ground slightly more defended from Gryphon riders. Players on the ground would still be vulnerable to a Gryphon rider's bow and splash potions, however.
Quote from IonicTiger
It would prevent gryphon riders from totally dominating the battle-field, but would be small enough as to not render gryphon useless in PVP.
CALL TO ARMS... AND TWEETS... AND REDDITS!
I encourage all of our supporters and/or bannerlords to tweet @Dinnerbone and @Jeb_ so that they can become aware of Gryphons and perhaps add them in a future patch. It worked for the "Colored glass" suggestion. They tweeted and got noticed and now have a good shot at having their idea added. We can do it too, guys!
Quote from zeel
Dinnerbone recently made mention of a subreddit for MC suggestions. With jde's permission I have posted this suggestion there:
I encourage you all to go check it out/up-vote it!
DON OUR BANNER!:
Copy and paste this into your signature:
I shall name all those who don our banner! (Let me know if i missed ya):
Papertiger, zeel, Droideka30, empoleon53098, Pinballboy7, Ram9bo, Withnothing, IonicTiger, EmeraldDragon225, SkarmorySilver, gugus294, Xweetok_II,
Sh4rp_Blade15, Minor107, xSatuim, Concerer82, Riggzon, Zbakkar_Herobrine,
Starhowl, Mobius762, shadowyblade, theorangecreeper, EpicGamer, Sylveon,
King_Of_Wolf, enderman_guy, Rex1900Roblox, BGgames, Euclid243, Techdolpihn
purebloodedgriffin, firewave15, zeuslightning125, Jetstream_Xeno
EDIT LOG: There are now some concept screenshots further on down this page in a recent post. Added a game breaking? section. Added amazing concept art, avatar and banner by Papertiger. Added a "Supporter Suggestions" section. Added a poll. Added "tweet and support us". Added banner info and bannerlords. Added more concept art inside of spoilers. Added call to arms... And tweets, replacing the old tweet section. Added a disclaimer about this not being a mod or mod suggestion, but rather a vanilla suggestion.
26FutureNyanCat posted a message on Nether Soul Ore - Next ore in the Nether than Quartz! [ Pictures ]Note: This isn't a suggestion about More Nether Ores. It's only one suggestion. Also I have thought of that suggestion when I was in my sleep.Posted in: Suggestions
Nether Soul Ore
Occurs in 0.14%(1/5 th of Nether Quartz) of original Netherrack. Since the souls have a tendency to float up, it will not be formed below 32 blocks above from the great sea of lava.(y=64 or above) It is the only ore that height is restricted to y and over, not y and under. Netherrack is very easy to see in the Nether, so finding it might be less of a challenge compared to actually mining.
It occurs in veins of 3~12, and the most common size is 6 and 8. This means you will, on average, find a vein in a 70 x 70 x 1 flat square surface.
There are an average of 15 ores per chunk.
Ore in Nether:
Item, Block, and Ore:
Looking at the ore for a long time can let you see the souls flying out.
Or, the appearance of a Nether Soul Ore and Soul Gem maybe unique, it will come in a shape of a glass shard or the original Emerald/Ruby pattern.
The apperance of Soul Gems is used from the unused Ruby texture.
Drops from Nether Soul Ore
1-3 Soul Gems (note: If you have Silk Touch, you must smelt the ore to get 1 soul gem)
More information of this ore
Nether Soul Ore can't be crafted into tools (We don't need more tools). It can be crafted into its storage block, however. Nether Soul Ore can be crafted with Glass and Wooden Slabs to make a Night Detector - it will emit a signal at night, but not at day. This should prevent the use of inverted Daylight Detectors.
Soul Gems can be brewed with a Mundane Potion to get a Potion of Infected Souls. Its effects are darker vision, mining fatigue, reversed controls, and slower movement. We will discuss more about the potion later.
Soul Gems also can be brewed with a Night Vision Potion to get a Potion of Inner Sight. It allows you to see invisible players and can also see the aura of the mob. However, you get debuffs like Slowness and Weakness so you must take risk when using it. More information is discussed about the potion later.
Nether Soul Ore is the second ore in the Nether, the first being Quartz. It's also one of the ores that cannot be crafted into tools, but have different purposes.
When walking on its storage block, you can hear the same sound of walking on the other mineral blocks - looking at the soul gem block for a very long time can let you see the souls flying out.
The Soul Gem Block (or I call it Soul Essence) can be used for aesthetics. When there's no purple block in the game, but purple wool would burn, the Soul Gem Block will be the solution.
9 Soul Gems = 1 Soul Gem Block (or Soul Essence Block)
3 Glass + 3 Soul Gems + 3 Wooden Slabs = Night Detector
1 Soul Gem Block = 9 Soul Gems
1 Soul Gem + 1 Nether Star = 1 Soul Star (shapeless)
There's also a possibility that you can combine Soul Gems with Sand to make Soul Sand. I haven't made the crafting recipe for it yet.
Night Detector information
Night Detectors detect only nighttime, but its signal will decrease when the sun rises and it would turn off if the sun is up. The signal will increase when the sun sets.
Sleeping in a bed and waking up will turn off the Night Detector. It's also the reversed version of the Daylight Sensor.
If Mojang fixed the bug that allows Daylight Sensors to emit signals at night when covered, it will be added.
It's much smaller and simpler than most of the NOT gate, Comparator, and the other redstone setups used to reverse the signal of the daylight detector.
As a Brewing Ingredient
Soul Gems can be brewed with a Mundane Potion to get a Potion of Infected Souls
Potion of Infected Souls information
Drinking a Potion of Infected Souls can cause a player to be infected and it will cause him to have darker vision, slower movement, mining fatigue, and reversed controls.
Brewing it with Gunpowder makes a Splash Potion of Infected Souls. This can be threwn at the player, which will cause the player to have the effects of the Potion of Infected Souls.
Throwing it at a mob will cause it to be brainwashed instead of having the characteristics of a Potion of Infected Souls. In this way, you can control the mob when you are moving.
The exception for this is hostile mobs, including zombies, skeletons, magma cubes, blazes, ghasts, and more. The downside is that griefers can use the Potion of Infected Souls to lead your dogs and cats to a lava trap, so you might be threatened by enemies and creepers.
Note that the Potion of Infected Souls may have a low or medium debuff to prevent it from being a little OP. Dispensers can also throw the Potion of Infected Souls, although the Dropper only drops the item itself.
You cannot control players with the Potion of Infected Souls. When you throw it, it will give a player the debuffs as mentioned above.
Also, brewing Soul Gems with a Night Vision Potion will give you Potion of Inner Sight.
Potion of Inner Sight information
It gives you the slowness and weakness debuffs like other potions and the darkened vision like what I have mentioned in the Potion of Infected Souls before. However, it allows you to see invisible players so that you can easily spot them without them stalking you when you're mining for diamonds.
Once the potion is drank your screen will grow darker and you obtain the other debuffs. You will also be able to see bright outlines of other mobs and players. Each outline (aura) is a different color which corresponds to a different mob. These auras would be bright against the darkened screen, thus, making them easier to see. Even players who are invisible can be seen. Once 20 seconds are over the darkness is removed and you are no longer able to see the auras. You then have hunger for 10 seconds along with weakness and slowness because their times haven't expired yet.
For mobs, auras would be the same color as spawn eggs. Player aura colors correspond to what armor they are wearing, how much health they have, and enchanted items on their person. Player auras are the only auras where the outline is filled. Meaning, the inside of their outlines are purple, where as other mobs are just outlines of color with a blank inside.
Auras can be seen through blocks within a certain radius (say 50 blocks for example). So your in your base and you need to go find some cows. Simply drink the potion and look around for some cows. On a pvp server you can check to see if anyone is sneaking up on you, just hope they are not to close because it would be really hard to fight while in this mode.
However, auras do not work on Primed TNT, minecarts, boats, blocks, Falling Sand, falling gravel, falling dragon egg, falling anvil, item drops, and lava and water.
Soul Star information
Soul Star is a special kind of Star crafted with a Nether Star and a Soul Gem. It can't be crafted into beacons. Instead, you can throw it. It will show an animation of it spinning horizontally. It deals a damage of two hearts to the mob. However, the Enderdragon and the Wither are resistant to the Soul Star, instead they will reflect it back, and can possibly hurt the player.
Note that it only has 20 uses. It can be also enchanted with Sharpness of any level to increase the damage, Knockback to increase the knockback (Use Soul Stars for pushing a player off a ravine!), and Fire Aspect. However, Blazes can be still damaged with the Soul Star with Fire Aspect, but it will not set themselves on fire.
When it is thrown to a mob, it will drop itself as an item. The durability bar will appear on the bottom of the Soul Star. After 20 uses the Soul Star breaks.
Can be easy to obtain when Nether Soul Ore is near your Nether Portal, or you have a chance to find the nether soul ore, or you have a chance of getting the Soul Star from a Zombie holding it. But still it is hard to obtain because you need to fight the Wither over and over again so that you can get the Nether Stars.
Can be mostly useful if your sword and bow breaks, because if you have enough Nether Stars and Soul Gems, you will be able to get away fast by crafting the Soul Stars along the way, hurling them at zombies and creepers.
An advantage for Soul Stars is that can be launched from dispensers, allowing for nifty traps that can easily kill griefers in just a few hits.
It can also be crafted in the 2x2 crafting grid, and its crafting recipe is shapeless.
Interaction with Zombies:
Sometimes there's a 1 in 100 chance that Zombies may hold a Soul Star, which can be more threatening if a zombie has armor and the Soul Star is enchanted. Zombies holding Soul Stars may drop the soul star as a rare drop instead of a Sword, so that you can use them as a weapon.
Zombies can also pick up dropped Soul Stars from a killed player or if the player drops it. If threatened, it will hurl the Soul Star at the direction where you are before you have much time to flee, so you need to take caution when battling Zombies with Soul Stars.
After the Zombie throws the Soul Star, it runs to the soul star to pick it up again, and of course after 20 uses, it will lose the soul star and it will become a regular zombie again.
Zombies can only hold 1 Soul Stars much like Zombies holding swords. After 1 zombie picks one of your soul stars, you will have a chance to gather them all before the zombie gets another one again after its own breaks, or before the zombie will try to hurl it at you.
Skeletons/Wither Skeletons can't pick up Soul Stars even though they are Spider Jockeys (this is because they are holding bows and stone swords, their least favorite weapon is the soul star)
Interaction with other entities, blocks and bosses:
Again, as I mentioned, Enderdragon and Wither are both resistant against the Soul Star. Instead they will deflect it, and it can possibly hit other mobs and players. Even more threatening is if you hurl a Soul Star enchanted with Fire Aspect at a Wither, it will also deflect it and can sometimes hit your house, when you're battling a Wither near your house.
Hurling Soul Stars at Minecarts and Boats will destroy the minecart and boat itself. Hurling Soul Stars enchanted with Fire Aspect at TNT will detonate it. A disadvantage of it is it can be used as a long-distance griefing tool, even when griefers put TNT walls around houses and they throw a Soul Star enchanted with Fire Aspect at the TNT and it goes boom, sometimes crashing servers and causing lag.
Hurling Soul Stars enchanted with Fire Aspect at Wooden Planks or any combustible block will catch it on fire. Also a disadvantage is it can be used as a long-distance griefing tool, too.
Hurling Soul Stars at thrown stuff or falling sand, gravel, anvil, or dragon egg will do nothing. But of course, if a Soul Star is hurled at a dragon egg that is not falling will make the dragon egg teleport (much like right-clicking on it)
Do you like this idea? Add this in your signature!
- UPCOMING: I'll be renaming the Nether Soul Ore to the Nether Soul Shard and its item is renamed from Soul Gem to Soul Shard, and I'll be changing its textures soon. Or, I can choose to rename it to Amethyst if I like.
- Potion of Dizziness now Potion of Infected Souls!
- Updated post with more information.
- Updated post again with more information.
- This suggestion is going to be featured in the Altropy suggestion! Watch out for it!
- Added Soul Star.
- Finally featured in the Altropy suggestion!
- Added new potion idea - Potion of Inner Sight
- Improved Soul Star idea
- Improved Potion of Infected Souls idea
- Improved title!
- Improved Soul Star idea again (now has 20 uses)
- To post a comment, please login.